Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
750-15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/
- Phone: 2024890140x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Morvis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 15th and H
- Public Transit: Closest metro stop is McPherson Square.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Joe's is located at the southwest corner of 15th Street and H Street NW. Due to traffic restrictions valet parking is available on H Street after 6:30 PM at $10 per vehicle. Before 6:30 PM we recommend garage parking located just East of 15th Street. LAZ Parking, 1412 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM OR PMI Parking, 1401 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM.
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's signature side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of the famous key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the grand bar or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
635 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (433)fit for foodies (293)good for groups (224)romantic (197)notable wine list (194)hot spot (180)vibrant bar scene (168)great for lunch (135)neighborhood gem (88)late-night find (46)kid-friendly (29)great for brunch (18)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Fried FoodsWjeanDined on 10/22/2014Not many well known seafood restaurants can fry seafood, however, Joe's hits it on the head everytime!Special Features:
- Joe's DC is a power dining spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014DC power brokers meets Miami Beach hot spot over stone crabs and steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined 3 times in a weekLiveleeDined on 10/21/2014The food and service are so spectacular we came back 3 times in one week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone crabs are fantasticMollyVIPDined on 10/19/2014It's stone crab time go get them at Joes, no matter which city you are in they provide consistancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr.73onarollDined on 10/17/2014It was a late decision, however, I was totally satisfied with the entire experience. The food was absolutely superb. We were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary and it was the perfect location. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermackeyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Joe's never disappoints. Food was fantastic, ambience was great. One nit was that service wasn't quite on par to my previous experiences, specifically table clearing after each part of the meal was slow to none, putting correct flatware for folks who selected meats, keeping water glass filled, etc.Special Features:
- Bring your BIG walletOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Another one of those over priced restaurants where everything is not only too expensive, but Ala carte creating an even bigger bill. In addition, the drink markup was ridiculous! They said the serving sizes on the vegetables were big enough for two people…we found this to be an exaggeration. There was nothing special about the food that would justify the prices. No return visit planned. On a positive note, the service was excellent...
- A big letdownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2014I've been to this Joe's about 5 or 6 times over the last year or so since it opened. I go exclusively for the stone crab. I had a craving for it so I made a reservation. Showed up, was asked to wait. No problem. Excited for stone crab. After 15 minutes I was seated. Asked the waiter what stone crabs were available, to which he said "Sorry we're out. Been out for three days." Assumed he was joking. He wasn't. Nobody informed me they did not have stone crab. It is in their name, if they don't have it shouldn't they tell you? Had I known I would have skipped Joe's. I ordered a butter poached lobster tail. It was greasy and overly buttery, terrible really. Again a big letdown. I should have been told they were out before being seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Joe's experiencesmccVIPDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy dining at Joe's Seafood. Even though the season wasn't quite right for stone crab, we enjoyed our meal and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner!GregDined on 10/15/2014Dinner was fantastic, our server (Matthew Tucker) was great. From appetizer to incredible Bone In Filet to Alaskan King Crab legs to unbelievable desserts, the dinner couldn't have been better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but.....1steadyweeklydinerpatronDined on 10/15/2014Joe's delivered on everything that was available. Great steaks, King Crab was awesome, fabulous dessert and sides. Great waiter too. The problem is that we went to savor some stone crabs and they called that morning and informed me of the short supply that day. You cant deny that it was great food, but we were set on just 1 order of the world famous crabs and we couldn't get them. just be weary if that is you main goal. otherwise the place is superb.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!LiveleeDined on 10/15/2014We were there to celebrate a birthday and Joe's made it spectacular. We were greeted with smiles from everyone and was quickly ushered to our cozy booth. Our server was quite knowledgeable about the menu and helped us order. He did not steer us wrong. We started with oysters which were so tasty. My bone in filet mignon was excellent. We also had the mega 22oz lobster tail from Nova Scotia. It made all heads turn and it tasted even better. Everything and I mean everything was so good. If you want to make your partner happy you can by having a meal at Joe's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Classic Greatness!FunFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had the stone crab luncheon classic and it couldn't have been better! Impeccable service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Hit!!CourtneyDined on 10/14/2014This was my first visit to Joe's and it was a winner!! I am in DC for business several times a month and will make Joe's a regular on my return visits. Food was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get their act togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2014This was a business dinner and the wait staff really caused our guests to stress out. First they said they had Jumbo claws and placed the order for us and took the rest of our order including a salad we shared. Then they came back and said they only had Colossal claws so we said fine (in hind sight overpriced at 2 for $85 which we didn't know). Then they forgot the salad - said it was due to claw mix up. Things continued to go down hill we were there for 3 hours just waiting to get through dinner. They did give us free desserts which we didn't ask for to make up for it.
- ScrumptiousJoebobDined on 10/14/2014Tasty lunch in beautiful, clubby setting. Professional service and very high quality everything. One blemish: no stone crabs available the day we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodCarminesVIPDined on 10/14/2014What a great place this is. Highly recommend for entertaining clients & special family celebrations. Definitely get the stone crab clawsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!RenskiDined on 10/12/2014Loved Joe's! Best crab and steaks we've had yet. Menu was huge, waiter was very knowledgeable and efficient. Good wine menu. Ambiance was just right. Didn't feel rushed and enjoyed every morsel. Will definitely visit again next time in DC.Special Features:
- Out of stone crabolivesVIPDined on 10/12/2014Got there for dinner at 7 and the stone crab were all sold out. Our friend spilled her martini and the waiter acknowledged it and offered a napkin but did not offer to replace it. Such a nice place, good food but we had a crabby waiter (pun not intended!)Special Features:
- TrishDined on 10/12/2014Just loved Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab... Incredibly delicious, superior service... I want to go back!!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceNYDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food at Joes is good but the service makes it! Our waiter was outstanding as were the rest of the staff from what I could see. Accommodates our kids' needs as well. Will for sure go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe Stone Amazing!AmyHDined on 10/12/2014Honestly, Joe's offers one of the best meals in the DC metro area. If you really LOVE stone crabs, make your reservations after Oct 17th when the stone crabs are in their best season. But, if you just want an amazing meal, book your reservations any time of the year. There is something for anyone on this spectacular menu. Not only can your child eat a delicious mac and cheese, but for the hungry crowd, a pleasing bone in fliet mignon is offered as well. Don't hesitate, make your reservations today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Overall, a good experience, but not enough so to go out of my way to return. Love the setting and the bar area -- and the bartenders were wonderful, the best part! The service at dinner was good but again not great. They were out of stone crabs which was a little disappointing but the king crabs were delicious in my cold seafood appetizer. My husband's bone-in beef filet was wonderful. The dover sole that I had was not great and the asparagus was overcooked by a lot! Love the half slices for dessert. The key lime pie had a yummy graham cracker crust but the pie itself was not tart enough, just missed. The coconut cream pie was good. A nice evening in a great setting and I was happy to have a babysitter and lovely champagne.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Service is outstanding. . They make you fit was FAB! . Thankseel like you are the only table in the restaurant. Then there is the food. . The fried chicken is some of the best I have ever eaten.... Next to my Mom's! The crab cakes were good, I just love Joe's mustard. . But, that prime NY Strip..was fabulous, cooked to perfection, and melted in your mouth! . Spend the money.. It is so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One chance to get it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014I hate waiting for a table when I have a reservation.I wont return to a restaurant when the quoted 10 min wait time turns into 20.With $70 entrees, dragging out a seating to pad a bar bill is amateurish.A half full restaurant shouldn't have a problem with a weekend 7:30 seating. Our waitress was lovely and the pricey & small side portions were out of her control. Not her fault was that half the entrees were over cooked. It's over when a steakhouse serves a "black and blue" as med & a well med rare as well done. Joe's has no shortage of competition.One can easily find a good steak here in places that respect customers.I can't imagine ever returning.This is for out of towners and suburbanites and I will tell others.
- Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Definitely one of the birthday experiences Ive had for dinner in my young 32 years. Would recommend to everybody.Special Features:
- LuvfiletDined on 10/10/2014Great food and great service! It was one of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Joe's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent experience. We were seated in the formal dining room which offered a quieter ambiance than bar scene. Dinner offerings were extensive, well served with maximum attention. Without doubt, our best dinner in D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerChevaleaDined on 10/10/2014Took my brother here for a birthday dinner and the service was great and all of our appetizers and entrees were delightful. It was worth the $600 spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a special occasionGracie615Dined on 10/9/2014Service is phenomenal, and the atmosphere is great for a special occasion. The food is excellent, as is the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014Joe's has quickly morphed into a DC hotspot. Power brokers dine quietly in elegant booths along the walls while the city's hard-working young lawyers, lobbyists and wannabes enjoy the spacious and well-designed bar. The staff is omnipresent but never cloying, rather by the very numbers of personnel service is efficient, prompt and moves like a well choreographed ballet of trays, plates, dishes and wine. It is definitely a "man's place", dark wood, white linen, a club-like atmosphere conducive to business get-togethers and group events. The food is truly delicious, adding some welcome robust treats to Washington's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Hulagirl1958Dined on 10/9/2014What a wonderful experience from the moment we walked through the door. We were met by a most courteous host. Sat at the bar for a drink before being seated... The bartender was friendly and efficient. The waiter, Daniel, was fun and friendly. Great suggestions on food...the calamari appetizer was melt-in-your-mouth yummy! The wait staff member, Allison, was observant, helpful and anticipated our needs! This was possibly the best dining experience we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New in Washington DC.DrBobDined on 10/9/2014We went with a friend from Washington DC for lunch. They are "famous" for their Rock Crab, but all of the seafood and the steaks were perfectly prepared. I was impressed by the Manhattan clam chowder, which is difficult to find outside of NYC. The waiter was very knowledgeable and understanding of my food allergies. Overall, a worthwhile experience. We'll return on our next trip to DC.Special Features:
- Washington's best!Hungry1Dined on 10/7/2014I go as often as possible... FANTASTIC! Ask for Mark Gilgrist... he is a pro and makes the meal. WELL DONE!Special Features:
- Soon to be power spotdcfoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Not that power spots demand the best food, but this place will be on the list that offers both soon. Glad to have it in the area. I ordered the Black Cod, which I enjoyed. To me it was an unusual preparation, as the flavors paired with the fish lean toward umami. Here it was prepared with more fresh flavors, that I found unique. Service was good, nothing notable but nothing to complain over.Special Features:
- Best dinner everTinkVIPDined on 10/6/2014I think that our dinner qualified as one of the best dinners - if not the best - that I have ever had. The calamari was fresh and done just right. The stone crab was a real treat. The onion straws were delicious but teh real star was the Alaskan King Crab legs. They are one of my favorite foods and I have nver tasted anythign quite so good. The dinner was worth every cent of the cost. I will certainly be back soon.Special Features:
- One WordSTMCVIPDined on 10/6/2014Perfect. But because this requires me to use 50 characters, I will say it twice. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and romantic restaurantToppaDined on 10/5/2014A friend and I dined here on Sunday, 10/5/2014. The wine list was extensive and plenty of food choices on the menu. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic but there were also groups of families which didn't seem to take away from the ambiance. The staff was very helpful, accommodating and attentive. I highly recommend Joe's for special occasions and celebrations. This was my first visit but not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outSmile24kDined on 10/5/2014The calimari was great, all the food was very good and flavorful. The portions seemed small but ended up being very full. Would definitely visit Joe's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodSamSVIPDined on 10/4/2014We began our meal with an order of Stone Crabs for the table. They were very tasty with the accompanying mustard sauce. At our waiter's recommendation two of us had the Dover Sole. It was cooked perfectly with a delicious lemon sauce. The other two people had Chilean Sea Bass and Calves Liver, also delicious. Deserts were tasty as well. What really made the meal, though, was the service. Our waiter, Charles, was friendly and had a great personality. He spent time shmoozing with us; but did not hover. Charles explained that this restaurant was opened in partnership with the Joe's Stone Crab in Miami. This is not an inexpensive restaurant--it came to approximately $70 per person before tip--but it was well worth it. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.