Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/chicago
- Phone: 3123795637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Brunch Menus:
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Baca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Opened in Chicago in the fall of 2000, Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's has quickly built a reputation as one of Chicago's top steakhouses, featuring the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room and you'll understand why dinner at Joe's has quickly become one of Chicago's favorite social engagements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
760 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (528)fit for foodies (346)good for groups (272)notable wine list (245)hot spot (228)romantic (204)great for lunch (160)neighborhood gem (135)vibrant bar scene (118)late-night find (47)great for brunch (46)kid-friendly (42)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great food, great serviceMbachDined on 10/28/2014All I can say is that I don't get to Joes often enough. Although not as well known as some other restaurants in Chicago, this is probably one of the best you can go to. They have amazing food - a great selection of appetizers and paired with awesome steaks and seafood. The service at Joe's is also some of the best in the city as well - knowledgeable servers that can pair just about any wine with the meal you are having and great professionalism that you would expect from individuals in a tuxedo. If you live in Chicago or are just visiting, do yourself a favor and hit up Joes!Special Features:
- Great food & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I would highly recommend Joe's in Chicago for any couple looking to celebrate a special occasion. Our waiter was extremely friendly and very helpful as we struggled initially to decide what to eat as we found the menu a bit overwhelming in a good way as everything looked so enticing. We were treated to complimentary drinks and dessert to mark the occassion and our waiter was attentive throughout. The atmosphere was electric for a Monday night with not an empty table in sight. The seafood was amazing. For starters we tried the Alaskan King Crab as it was in season and sampled Joe's speciality crab claws. Both were incredible. For mains we had crab cakes and a mixed seafood platter which again were superb.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The restaurant was beautiful and the service was beyond great. James was phenomenal, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Dined with group of friends. Had a great time. Food was excellent. Staff was flawless.Special Features:
- Get the crab cut table side!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Amazing fresh seafood and perfect service! It was high class, they served/portioned out the sides to me and my husband and cut the crab legs for you and served on each of our plates. no fighting over who gets what, no pain on the fingers for opening up the crab. totally worth the money.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/25/2014They made our anniversary very special from the moment they greeted us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StumpsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a must do!!!! Crab bisque King crab legs Stone crab Everything is amazing.Special Features:
- OutstandingDoc52Dined on 10/24/2014Every part of the meal was perfect. Bone in filet was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailDined on 10/24/2014During our Chicago girlfriend getaway with my four best friends from high school, I booked a special dinner at Joe's. This was my fourth time eating there and it is consistently great. this time our server was supreme and brought us a dessert treat for our celebration. I live in Nashville and wish we had a Joe's here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Serve was impeccable and the food is great. Definitely start with the stone crabs; they are awesome. The bone in filet and crab legs are decadent. As steak and seafood restaurants go this is one of the best in chicago. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood In Town.JamesDined on 10/24/2014Ate there Friday. Table was ready for our 6:00 reservation for 8. Waiter was outstanding, service overall was excellent!! Food is great!!! Best seafood in town!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!HollyDined on 10/24/2014We have dined at Joe's several times and the food is always very good. This time my husband and I both agreed that this was the best meal we have EVER had at any resturant. The large stone crab claw appetizer was fantastic. The steak was done perfectly and the small lobster tail was melt in your mouth delicious. Of course the Key Lime Pie was spot on perfection as was the Banana Cream Pie. Also a big thank you to our fabulous waitress Denise (and the whole wait staff).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014Wonderful restaurant. Crab claws are off the chart good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OverallChicagonomadDined on 10/23/2014I've been here before, but this time I took my parents as a surprise. Even though we had a reservation, we waited for 30 minutes and saw several walk-in groups get seated before us, not too happy about that. However our server comped a round of drinks for us so that was fine. This place NEVER disappoints on food quality. The snow crab was amazing and fresh and presentation is great too. Lobster stuffed sole was perfect. Just the right balance of portion size and heaviness of food that I was comfortably full and the lobster was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab claws everetownenthusiastDined on 10/23/2014Nothing but great things to say about Joes. Hands down my favorite place in Chicago. The waitress (Denise?) remembered both our names and continuously checked on our satisfaction level. The host at the front even remembered me by my last name as I left the restaurant. The food is unbelievable.Special Features:
- Ripped offtcutterVIPDined on 10/23/2014While the food was of the highest quality and cooked to perfection, I was disappointed in the size of their signature 16 ounce bone-in filet. My wife had the 8 ounce petite filet and there was as much meat on her plate as there was on mine. I find it hard to believe that the bone weighed 8 ounces; it was 4 ounces at the most. I recognize that the meat loses some weight upon cooking, but it did not lose 4 ounces. We also were somewhat rushed, with the staff removing my plate before my wife was finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's Seafood is Prime!ctrolingDined on 10/22/2014We had a great experience at Joe's. The only negative is the noise level. The food was delicious, steaks were seasoned perfectly, mahi was cooked to the best temperature and the pork chop was moist, tender and very flavorful. Stone crabs were fresh and oh so good. I had read some negative reviews about the service but our waiter Tim was wonderful. Very attentive but not pushy. We didn't feel rushed and enjoyed a leisurely birthday celebration dinner. The price is expensive, but for a special occasion it was worth it. We will definitely return when we are back in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/22/2014I've been to Joe's several times, but this was definitely the best. Our server, Steve, had great recommendations and went above and beyond working with the sommelier to find some wines that would work for our group, one of whom is sensitive to certain types of wines. Even though it can be a bit of a mad house and is pricey, it's worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We arrived for our reservation on tiime, but waited over 20 minutes to be seated. Since the bar area is always crowded, we were left standing, which was not pleasant. The food was excellent as always, but the reserve wine list was badly out of date. One of my guests is an oenophile, and I was a little embarrassed that the first three wines he selected from the reseve list were unavaliable.Special Features:
- Great Food in a relaxed atmosphereFoodmanDined on 10/21/2014Snow Crab was exceptional. Restaurant is old school with great attention to service. Seafood and steaks all top drawer!Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014We've been at Joe's many times, mostly for special occasions but sometimes just for a "fix." I'm still thinking about the food since our last visit. Likely one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. And the waiter was outstanding, suggesting proper portion sizes and a delicious wine. Love Joe's!Special Features:
- A must in ChicagoalvaritofdezDined on 10/19/2014Plan your trip, make reservations, go to the place. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ChicagoGeo1VIPDined on 10/19/2014Best steak & seafood in Chicago. I always look forward to a night at Joe's. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City Big EatsCenterCitySonnyVIPDined on 10/19/2014The best experience at Joe's was when I walked in the restaurant and was immediately greeted by a very nice, informal man at the stand who made me feel at home. We were seated immediately and given plenty of time to consider the cocktail and menu items. The waiter was always ready to make recommendations and the restaurant didn't waste time with a bunch of specials or other non-menu offerings. The filet was outstanding and the scallops were a solid offering. The lyonnaise potatoes were an A++. Desserts were ok, but not special. Surprisingly, the final bill was less than expected so I got good value even though Joe's is considered very expensive. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in ChicagomaxiguldDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food, top service in a vibrant atmosphere. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carry CashElizabethDined on 10/18/2014Reservations are a must, but cash is king and walk-ins welcome, providing they pay the headwaiter. We confirmed our reservations day of, arrived and checked in on time and the head 'host' told the headwaiter to seat us when a 'regular' jumped ahead and palmed him $40 dollars during their "hi - how are you" handshake. Guess who got the nice booth in the corner? We were seated a few minutes later at a 4 top by the kitchen door. My son was gracious to take the seat that took the brunt of servers pushing past as the tables were closely pushed together. The only redeeming factor was our server - Denise. Incredibly professional & polished. Food was good, but overpriced. Not on my itinerary next time around.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Very satisfied. Service was excellent. The server, Justin, was absolutely wonderful. I was pleasantly please that my request for a quiet table was honored. My sweetheart and I had an entire booth that could have sat 6 comfortably by ourselves, off in a corner. We were able to enjoy the food and each other. Note the pecan praline butter with the sweet potato and the Chilean sea bass was to die for. Must make it a regular take out request. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always top quality seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014fresh, fresh, fresh. expensive but well worth every penny. my advice - skip the stone crab claws and have the fresh crab legs instead. possibly the best key lime pie on the planet. service is wonderful. food, presentation, service etc are all completely consistent. have eaten here many, many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great and greaterGoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014Joes is our favorite spot to celebrate anything. The food is awesome and the service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday diningJohanDined on 10/17/2014Somewhat too crowded, the restaurant allowed dining in the bar, so it was not possible to have a drink before dinner, besides that good dinner experience.Special Features:
- King Crab & Bone-Inpharr02Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Joes a few times and have tried a number of things on the menu but this time I got the 2 things they are most known for. Our group of 4 split the large order of king crab for an appetizer. It was $80 which is steep but we all thought it was definitely worth it. For my meal I got the 16 oz bone in filet and if it was appropriate to do in public, I would have been chewing on the bone like a dog.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in ChicagoseefoodseafoodDined on 10/17/2014Visited Joe's Seafood several times and each time the food has been excellent! Service was excellent too. Will continue to make this place a routine comeback time after time, again and again. Do not miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- energetic atmosphere & great foodfrancescoDined on 10/16/2014We had a memorable evening with great food and fine wines! Amazing how well organized this busy and crowded place is. Despite the excited atmosphere we enjoyed a lovely meal with good service. A great place to come back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Emilie S...lBatonwaverVIPDined on 10/16/2014See my full review on TripAdvisor.com under the same title. Reviewer name Batonwaver.Special Features:
- Waterbug59Dined on 10/16/2014Food was fantastic, service was great! A little "spendy" but well worth it!Special Features:
- amazing food, outstanding service!BuLoOoSkiDined on 10/15/2014Everything was amazing. The dober sole fish in particular was spectacular, as well as the havana dream pie. The staff were friendly and well informed about all menu items. Would definitely go again next time im in chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Chicago steak & seafoodToiyeuDined on 10/15/2014Wonderful in every way: food, ambience, service. If you want to experience flavourful, perfectly-cooked steak and seafood, served by attentive, knowledgeable staff, this classic steak & seafood restaurant is not to be missed. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceChrispieDined on 10/14/2014This was a special occasion - and wow was this special. Food and service were outstanding. Seafood and the steaks (we tried both). Definitely make a reservation!Special Features:
- Busy on Tuesday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Joe must be doing something good because there was standing room only last Tuesday. Very crowded, but excellent service and food. Also very happy with my opentable reservation being honored on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 10/14/2014amazing - was in town for a conference and went there 2 nights in a row - it will kill your budget but it is worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.