Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/chicago
- Phone: (312) 379-5637
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Brunch Menus:
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Baca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's also features signature prime steaks, hand-carved by master butchers such as our 24 oz. Bone-In Rib Eye. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
721 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (507)fit for foodies (353)good for groups (270)notable wine list (235)hot spot (225)romantic (176)great for lunch (151)neighborhood gem (129)vibrant bar scene (116)great for brunch (43)late-night find (42)kid-friendly (35)great for outdoor dining (14)scenic view (5)Show More
- SbktDined on 11/25/2014Another great dinner at Joe's. One of our favorite places in the city. First time we ever brought in our own bottle of wine, they were great decanting it. We bought a second bottle from their extensive list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's never disappoints!JoRoluv2dineDined on 11/24/2014Always my 1st stop when visiting in Chicago. Joe's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Went for a romantic dinner for 2. The food was wonderful and the wine list was great as well.. Dessert was oh so yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014From the minute you walk in, you notice the attention to detail and realize you are there for an experience. The wait staff is professional and attentive. The food quality and preparation won't disappoint you. Don't forget to find room for dessert, they offer half slices. we tried several and loved them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We visit this place every time we come to Chicago. We love the setting and outstanding food that this place has. Servers are friendly and the staff is amazing. Always looking to see if anything is needed! A must place to visit while In Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining.RyanDined on 11/22/2014The steak seasoning was absolutely amazing. Friendly service was found throughout the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014The restaurant was great...super service! Open table however messed us up. We had requested the reservation for 11/22 at 8:30 and it said we were confirmed. However, when we arrived we were told our reservation was for 11/23. There would be at least an hour wait or more. Thank goodness for an awesome maitre d who snuck us in after only about 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Customer Servicetable4twoDined on 11/22/2014Outstanding customer service could not outshine the disappointing food. This restaurant was recommended by others, but clearly the kitchen was having an off night.Special Features:
- good food good servicelive2dineDined on 11/20/2014WE had a very helpful server who was well informed about the menu. the waiter was on top of our needs. We had a very good lunch and we would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blairmurrayDined on 11/20/2014I come to Joe's 4-5 times a year. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend Joe's to anybody wanting a fantastic upscale dining experience. Valerie is my favorite server there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food & serviceBlondieVIPDined on 11/20/2014Joe's is always bustling due to their great food & service. Highly recommend their daily specials and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Great food and good service here. The cold, pre-cracked king crab legs are very sweet and so easy to eat. Gluten free is easy to order here as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindDoughBabyDined on 11/19/2014While our server came across as insincere and felt a bit rushed when we finsihed our meal, the food was very good. The setting was nice and wine delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss this restaurant!FoodieDined on 11/17/2014Fantastic food! Service was impeccable! KeyLime pie was the best I ever tasted. The next day I kept thinking of the Lobster buerre blanc surrounding my pureed whipped potatoes & sea scallops. I can taste them right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's is Chicago to meJOtheSwedeDined on 11/16/2014I try to fit in Joe's on my every trip to Chicago. You always manage to exceed my expectations. Joe's gives me that real Chicago feel that I long for when back in my own country. Great food, fantastic service in a relaxing and beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great spotExperiencedDinerDined on 11/16/2014A wonderful place fit for foodies. The food is amazing as always. From steak to fish and crab claws to lobster tail, this place has it all. My only advice I would give, if you are going for the stone crab- do it either at the beginning to middle of the season for the best tasting claws. If you going here for this reason, you owe it to yourself to experience the best. Wonderful staff, great food, awesome atmosphere... a total package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014What can I say...Joe's is the place. My fiancee and I were able to get a table late in the evening at 10:30 p.m. with our Open Table reservation. It was our "satiation" and we were having a phenomenal time that day. We topped it off with a fabulous meal. You have to get a booth seating, also. It's cozy. It's quiet and romantic to boot. The food speaks for itself. We are both foodies and we LOVE stone crab. The claws are enormous, the crab bisque was perfect and we are going BACK during the Thanksgiving Day weekend. Thanks again Joe's for making our "staycation" even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business and pleasurebolongoVIPDined on 11/15/2014Ordered Stone Crabs of course, crab cake and crab bisque, Dover Sole and Sea bass. had little room for pie and coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another surpriseCrabsisters3Dined on 11/15/2014I'm a long time regular at Joe's. It's my favorite restaurant for fried chicken and anything else I have a taste for. Every time I go to Joe's I'm always in for not only a great meal….but something always special happens. This visit was no different. Our server noticed my "crab" pin and treated us to dessert. That was a first and a complete surprise! Once again…Joe's did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAmj324Dined on 11/14/2014Food was great , love going to Joe's . If you get the chance to eat here you should .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!StylistVIPDined on 11/14/2014Never disappointed at Joes and Great food great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014The stone crab and the lobster are out of this world! Great place, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago's best!DaveVIPDined on 11/14/2014Joe's seafood, steak and stone crab excels in all categories! The restaurant features a classic atmosphere with over the top dishes, wine and service. And speaking of service - our compliments to Nick, our professional and friendly server! In regard to Joe's menu, we highly recommend the fantastic king crab appetizer, fresh Ceasar salad with white anchovies, char-grilled filet mignon entree with complementary potatoes and the key lime pie for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in chicagorobinsnestVIPDined on 11/13/2014Joes has the best steak and seafood in chicago-it is. Always prepared exactly the way it was ordered. The bone in filet isthe best steak. I've ever eaten and ieat a lot of steak! Been. Going here for years-when welived in chicago 2-3x a week for lunch and 4-5x a month for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regarding my experience at Joe'sAltonio4242Dined on 11/13/2014Hello, I just would like to mention that the service at Joe's was very poor. WE will not come back although the food was excellent. The server was not hospitable, he did not take the time to build a connection with us and did not make us comfortable at all. At the end, I gave the server a gift card, and cash for the bill. When he came back, he just brought the receipt back without my change. He then said do you need your change back, I immediately felt so insulted. You do not ask a customer if he or she needs the change back, a server should automatically bring the change back. I told him no because I felt uncomfortable. He should have automatically brought my change back. Or when I gave him the cash and the gift card, he then could have asked do you need change back, but he just brought me the receipt back. We were so insulted. At the bar, the bartender was not professional as well. He did not take the time to say how is your day something like that, but immediately approached us and said what do you need for drinks-so poor. Poor service. I would say one of the worst service we have ever had. Our feelings were hurt. We are not coming back. Please take the time to retrain your people to be hospitable. After all the job involves to be hospitable, warm and friendly towards your customers. Thank you for ruining our birthday night. Thank you. Poor service. The worst service we have ever had. We are definitely hurt. It was a birthday night to celebrate. We will always remember that poor service. Thank you.
- Expect a wonderful time- every time!RoseandSatkuDined on 11/11/2014We visit from Singapore , and make sure we get to Joe's every time! The service is excellent, the ambiance exciting and the food amazing. This time we had an awesome steak and out- of-this-world Alaskan crab. Ah the wine, too, was wonderful. What a sommelier we had - what a steward of the wine he recommended- Silver Oak 2007. We drank nectar that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back AgainRJM5Dined on 11/11/2014This is my second time at Joe's, mu first experience was in Las Vegas and now again in Chicago! It was everything I remembered, great food, good wine, superior service an overall wonder evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the USJgoodDined on 11/10/2014This is one of the best places to eat in America. I had the king crab appetizer. It was the best I've ever had. Then for an entire, I had the world famous Bone-In Filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDianddeb2014Dined on 11/10/2014We have been going to Joes for years and this was the first time that we were disappointed. The service was very slow the sides were downsized and the drinks were husk ok
- Joe's never disappointsDaynaVIPDined on 11/8/2014We return to Joe's year after year and are never disappointed. Perfectly executed food coupled with outstanding service makes it our number one choice when visiting Chicago. White table cloths, but so comfortable that you could wear jeans and still feel at home. Make your reservations as early as you can-- I made mine a month in advance and could only get a table at 9pm!Special Features:
- Joes is the best!BuckyDined on 11/8/2014Been going to Joe's in Chicago for years as well as the one in Miami. The seafood is outstanding, the waiters are a class act. When in Chicago I always have Joe's on my dining list. I have recommended it to friends and they all come back very impressed.Special Features:
- Best Steak Ever!RCMatrixDined on 11/8/2014I've had steak in other steak houses here in Chicago and in other cities. Nothing comes close to the 24oz bone-in Ribeye I had this past Saturday. It truly it was the best steak I've ever had. It was nice and charred on the outside, tender and medium in the inside, with just the right amount of seasoning. In one word, PERFECT!Special Features:
- RyanDined on 11/8/2014Excellent service, seated our party of 6 early despite a lunch rush. The food was good but not exceptional. All in all would plan to go back if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCAChicagoDined on 11/8/2014We got the large stone crabs, filet minon, scallops, oysters, mashed potatoes, and key lime pie. They were all excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!!GoodieDined on 11/8/2014We had a delicious lunch at Joe's and enjoyed amazing steak and incredibly tasty King crab. We'll definitely be returning!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Very good mealcaddymanDined on 11/7/2014The stone crab claws were great. Very good deserts, especially the che lime pie. Great bar too. Steak was good and would order again, but I have better in Chicago at the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleRestauranteerDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is incredible from start to finish. I have never heard a bad review and now I know why. Our server Denise was impeccable and really made the dining experience match the delectable food they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I was very pleased with the service at Joe's. Although we arrived right at our reservation time of 8:30pm we had a slight wait due to it being very busy. However the hostesses, manager, and waiter were very apoplectic and it didn't detur us from waiting. We went for my moms birthday and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff!yummoDined on 11/7/2014Great service. Wonderful menu and food. The staff was extremely friendly. We were very impressed with the wine expert, he was helpful, knowledgable and very hospitable.Special Features:
- Thanks Joe!MrEatersonDined on 11/7/2014Took a friend/client here for lunch and it was great as ususal. We started with some scallops as an appetizer and they were succulent. My friend had the crab salad and I took a chance and got the fried chicken. Kudo's on both, Fried chicken at Joes?? Give it a shot. Never have a bad meal here. Can't leave without dessert. We were going to "split" the sweet potato pecan pie but when they brought it we just got a second piece. The place was hoppin' our server was great and it made for a terrific Friday afternoon.Special Features: