Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/chicago
- Phone: 3123795637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Brunch Menus:
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Baca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Opened in Chicago in the fall of 2000, Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's has quickly built a reputation as one of Chicago's top steakhouses, featuring the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room and you'll understand why dinner at Joe's has quickly become one of Chicago's favorite social engagements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
773 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (556)fit for foodies (307)good for groups (262)romantic (250)notable wine list (250)hot spot (203)great for lunch (148)neighborhood gem (125)vibrant bar scene (110)kid-friendly (61)late-night find (52)great for brunch (52)great for outdoor dining (14)scenic view (10)Show More
- Favorite in Chicago!eat1VIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, Joe's delivered! Took 2 friends for their first visit to Joe's. They loved it as much as we always do.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchCK11Dined on 8/31/2014Joe's never dissapoints. Seafood is as fresh as it is on any coast. Service staff is very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Everything we ordered was fsntastic! The service was top notch as well:) What more can you ask for in a dining experience?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak and seafood sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had an anniversary dinner at Joe's on a Saturday night. Food and service were great. Only a couple of nits; one, being a twosome we were packed in close to two other couples ( would have preferred just a bit more space), and two, while the bone-in ribeye tasted great, I was surprised that it was not thicker for the price paid. Notwithstanding these, we had a wonderful meal and grata time.Special Features:
- TerriDined on 8/30/2014Excellent. Everything was wonderful, the food and service. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Server didn't recognize birthday although I told him, the front desk at the door and said it on my reservation. He brought us dessert menu and made some suggestions; I told him we didn't need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014My favorite restaurant in Vegas, was anxious to try the Chicago location. LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I've been to this restaurant a couple times now and it is just delicious! The steaks and seafood are both good and I highly recommend the Madagascar Shrimp with key line aioli. I come to this restaurant now when I visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVictrolaDined on 8/28/2014Can't wait to go back. Phenomenal experience! Food was superb, along with the sevice!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentRobbVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pricy, but worth it. The food is delicious and service as professional as you will find anywhere. It is a destination whenever we visit Chicago, whicH is often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinning experienceRJBJRDined on 8/27/2014Excellent atmosphere, superb service and wonderful food....five stars!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014I love this place for all the right reasons: outstanding food, service, ambiance.....The whole package! They have got it right! Love it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAnonymousDined on 8/24/2014My fiancée and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Joe's. Our server was top notch. She was personable, and helpful, without being overly pushy. The food was terrific. Between seafood and steak orders, neither of us went wrong. Our server's recommendations for sides and portion sizes were right on the mark. We were quite surprised at the crowd at 9:00 P.M. on a Sunday, when neighboring restaurants were almost empty. The entire staff we interacted with were very friendly and professional, and seemed genuine in providing that service. The tab makes this a place more suited for special occasions, but it is a gem of a restaurant and reminds you how the great ones "get it".Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDined on 8/24/2014Joe's Stone Crab is really one of the best restaurants in the country. This one in Chicago is no exception. We were seated promptly and the server was there right away to greet us and take our drink order. We had Stone Crab, and it was great. The entire staff is very friendly and will take a few moments to talk with you. We felt so welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Have been to Joe's many times. Food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent menu choicesArtGirl93Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Joe's. Had the wild king salmon on the specials menu and it was cooked to perfection. The herb roasted chicken was perfect for my daughter who has dietary restrictions. Our waiter was fantastic and very helpful regarding the menu options. Service was prompt and very professional. I would highly recommend Joe's for families or couples dining out in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SootyAndSweepDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food. No rush style but you need to book well in advance to get a reasonable seating time. We ate at 9:00 p.m., which was perfect for our late evening plan. Good selection of wine. We went for the 2011 Felsina Beradenga Chianti Classsico which was very palatable for a lower priced offering. Lamb chops were tender and well portioned though the mint dressing may have been light on mint.. Good location and very popular.. a good sign. Will we return?...you bet.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefoodieDined on 8/23/2014Service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Between the plentiful options of steaks and seafood, Joe's has a lot to offer all sorts of palates.Special Features:
- Would do it againPaladinDined on 8/21/2014This was a surprise dinner for my wife's birthday. As we were vacationing in Chicago I did some research and found this little gem. The choices allowed us to enjoy what each of us preferred and they got it just right. I would definitely return if I find myself in Chicago again.Special Features:
- Great dining experience ...ToniDined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed Joe's. If you want really good food and service at a reasonable price, try Joe'sSpecial Features:
- 21st birthday for my daughter!BarbDined on 8/19/2014Our dinner was so delicious and the service was over the top! They made my daughter's birthday very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for a special occasionChitownDocDined on 8/19/2014I decided to go back to Joe's to celebrate my birthday. After a spectacular dining experience, we will be back soon. We were greeted warmly by the host and shown to a prime corner booth. The waiter was friendly and professional. We enjoyed our drinks and began with salads that came as ordered and that were plated tableside. The steaks were great, as expected but the Dover Dole, filleted tableside was the star of the show (as promised). A brownie sundae for dessert and a glass of whit wine topped off a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always excellent!TubpopDined on 8/18/2014We normally eat at Joe's for special occasions, but we ate there for lunch and I was surprised how their lunch specials make it more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chalk up another great visit!HawaiianEyeDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding, as always! Food just doesn't get any better than this. Scallops, halibut, filet mignonette & stuffed shrimp - all exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's SeafoodbeverlybunchDined on 8/17/2014Our family went to Joe's Seafood to celebrate our sons: elder off to junior year at UofI Business, junior to first year of high school at Marist. Everyone enjoyed their meals, from excellent bread basket (for young men, it makes a difference, believe me), to sharing some of our entrees of exceptional crab legs and great filet mignon. The mac and cheese was exceptional, spinach not so much. Grilled halibut and crab stuffed shrimp excellent, and the chocolate fudge pie, too.Special Features:
- Our FavoriteckrigDined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Joe's for several years now. Every visit the food has been fantastic and the service excellent! We have gone in on the spur of the moment and ate at the bar and we have dined in the dining room when we want to have a nice dinner together as a couple. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- AmazingjbccDined on 8/16/2014The food was great! We would definitely go back and recommend getting the Alaskan King Crabs and roasted corn!Special Features:
- one of the best dining experiencesBigDogLermDined on 8/16/2014Food was great, service was impeccable.loved the crabcake appitizer and the bone-in rib eye was one of these steaks I ever had. Loved the ambience with the waiters in tuxedos and white gloves. The King Crab legs being served to us cracked and opened at our table is a nice touch. Pricey but nice for special occasions.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful time.GSUgirlDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is one of Chicago's Best Places. I highly recommend is for everyone. My Mother and Grandmother REALLY!!! enjoyed the food, wine and hostess. The lunch was AWESOME!!! I didn't get a chance to have dinner. But i will make reservation in a couple of weeks for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceWaterdancerDined on 8/15/2014Erin (server) and Dan (barkeep) were terrific! Prices were high for the quality of food received. Noisy and so crowded in the dining room that you couldn't move your chair without bumping into someone else. Not for a quiet evening or much conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Our server, Matt, was wonderful and all wait staff did their jobs perfectly. We never had a dirty dish around yet never were asked "if we were finished" and never felt hovered on to clear our dishes...beverages refilled without a wait...just great in every way. They were all very skilled and warm. Loved our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosieDined on 8/15/2014Always an excellent experience ; Food & Service superb...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Chicago favoritesBethVIPDined on 8/14/2014Terrific dinner all around, from the Whale cold seafood appetizer to the crab-stuffed shrimp to the incredible desserts. I highly recommend the coconut cream and Boston cream pies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service were great. Noise level was horrible. It was hard to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe's doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014I took three people who had never been to Joe's and they loved it so much. They are all going to return with their significant othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamWVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food and the service (Rox the Server) were EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time eating at Joes ChicagoGenoDined on 8/11/2014Overall everything was ok, server was not the greatest. She had an attitude from the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacedchoinieDined on 8/10/2014Food was outstanding and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- FantasticOhioDined on 8/10/2014One the best meals I have had in my life. Steak was fantastic, crab was fantastic. Great bar tender, knowledge waiter, friendly staff. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SamanthaDined on 8/10/2014I cannot express how great our experience was at Joe's! Our waitress was friendly, and she made great food recommendations. We were even given a complimentary dessert because it was our first visit! We couldn't believe how great everything turned out - the experience and the food. We would definitely return to Joe's, and I recommend that everyone visit once; you'll definitely want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.