Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/chicago
- Phone: 3123795637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Brunch Menus:
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Baca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Opened in Chicago in the fall of 2000, Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's has quickly built a reputation as one of Chicago's top steakhouses, featuring the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room and you'll understand why dinner at Joe's has quickly become one of Chicago's favorite social engagements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
787 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (555)fit for foodies (332)good for groups (266)notable wine list (259)romantic (235)hot spot (216)great for lunch (150)neighborhood gem (128)vibrant bar scene (117)kid-friendly (59)great for brunch (49)late-night find (47)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Joe's Chicago is the best!1FabFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Joe's Chicago delivers a great dining experience! We were greeted by the maître d' when we entered and let him know we were early to have drinks. When our reservation time can up he politely called us to be seated. Our evening was taken care of by our server, Jeff. He offered great suggestions for dinner and salad choice. We split a Cesar salad. For our entree we ordered Lobster Stuffed Sole, Halibut with Bok Choy, broccolini, and macaroni and cheese. The fish dishes were perfectly cooked. The broccolini had a nice crisp to it and the mac and cheese was broiled to give it a nice browned cheese crust on top. Joe's is a top-notch restaurant with great food and great service.Special Features:
- Simply the BestChophousefanaticDined on 9/27/2014This place is spectacular! My 2nd time here celebrating my anniversary and service and food was phenominal! This is now our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchSCgatorDined on 9/27/2014We had a great lunch on a Saturday at 11:30. The restaurant wasn't too busy and we had a fantastic server. Highly recommend the sea bass and mashed potatoes, as well as the Key Lime pie. Prices were typical for downtown Chicago and we've already booked reservations for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodHappyMomsDined on 9/26/2014The seafood salad is staple that you don't want to miss.Special Features:
- NY stripDigitaljoseDined on 9/25/2014Asked for rare, got a cold steak on a cold plate. Not what I expectet from a quality steak house. I want rare on the inside, sizzling hot on the outside. Disappointed to pay $50 for a cold meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014Had a drink at the bar-very pleasant. Food an service everything I hoped for. Have eaten at Joes in Miami and think this experience was even better.Special Features:
- Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014While the Chicago location of Joe's never seems to really measure up to the original in Miami Beach, it is a very good restaurant and we enjoy eating there whenever we are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailCrabGourmetVIPDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed the oustanding Rosh Hashanah meal. Excellent appetizers in the form of chopped liver, walnut pate - vegetarian chopper liver, freshly made whitefish gefilte fish -outstanding. Halibut in papillote - excellent. Carrot Tzimmes - very good. Fingerling potatoes- average. Kasha varnishkes is a new addition this year. This is really a U.S. created dish. Kasha (buckwheat) alone with onions/mushrooms is more authentic Eastern European version. There are other root vegetables, besides potatoes and carrots. Flourless chocolate cake and apple crusted dessert are well made. Good wine spectrum. If You cannot cook yourself or for family, this is more than a substitute. Manager paid attention to customers satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Joe's was great! Food, wine and service was way above average. I would definitely recommend the stone crab and bone in filet. Only drawback is the restaurant is crowded, tables are close together and the noice level makes it a little hard to have a table conversation. Otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant highly and will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style SteakhouseLawyer34Dined on 9/23/2014Noisy, bustling, in a fun way like ye old steakhouse. Waiters dressed in tux. Service good, food excellent, need I say moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKJONLORIVIPDined on 9/23/2014Be here twice & as well as twice in Miami. Stone crabs are awesome however the food is only ok. Small portions & bland. The type my parents likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's is just the bestRazzledazzle60302Dined on 9/23/2014Had their crab legs again Out of this world. Their customer service would bput Costco to shame. The service was great They even charged my cell phone while I was there.Special Features:
- very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2014food was very good and reasonably priced. A bit frustrating that htey woudn't seat us with 3 out of 4 of us there considering we were even a bit early.Special Features:
- AwesomeCWeberVIPDined on 9/21/2014Joe's continues to deliver a wonderful dining experience, both in terms of great food and excellent service. The crab legs are by far my favorite anywhere, and the steaks are great as well. Although overshadowed, the sides are really good as well. The service is top notch and the atmosphere is good - not terribly quiet and romantic, but definitely a nice energetic scene. Overall, it is tough to go wrong at Joe's whether you feel like seafood or a steak.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinnerEddieDined on 9/21/2014Amazing experience altogether. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday dinner with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheMelsDined on 9/21/2014Worth the price! The crab legs were the best and so was the rack of lamb! Will definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOutstandingVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was our 3rd time back to Joe's and they once again did an outstanding job. Loved our server, Charles Hill, as well as the perfectly cooked steaks and literally a pile of Crab. We can't wait to go back...and that is the best compliment you can give.Special Features:
- Almost flawless eveningFoodies4lifeDined on 9/19/2014Our server was excellent, knowledgeable and accommodating (offering to reduce crab leg order size) as were the other table assistants. His suggestions were on point. The King Crab legs were excellent as was the Dover Sole in Browned butter.( on the side) Oysters Rockefeller were commendable for sure. It was quite loud as it was 8:30 pm on a Friday evening, but our table of 6 were all able to converse relatively well. Definitely recommend. Price was expected... 3 bottles of wine. no dessert... about $100/pp. I mistakenly thought the restaurant offered raw oysters... slight disappointment as they do not, but the experience was flawless beyond that.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencevmthomasDined on 9/19/2014Food good, ambience excellent!! Was provided a very good location for table, as requested. Will definitely return to eat here when I get to Chicago next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- room for dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The crab cakes where outstanding. the staff was great. It was hard to save room for dessert but I was glad I did because the Havana Dream Pie was one of the best desserts I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014the rude and pompous server spoiled what was otherwise a good experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The menu is perfect for meat and seafood lovers. The food was beyond good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kurtjohnDined on 9/18/2014Joe's remains my favorite restaurant in Chicago. Service is first class and the food quality and selection is unmatched. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Joe's always delivers!wjmrVIPDined on 9/18/2014Joe's is one of our "go-to" places. The food is always delicious, fresh and plentiful. Service is great!! Lunch is wonderful and dinner is the perfect way to end a long day. The seafood is outstanding. The stone crabs, of course, but any seafood served at Joe's is always fresh and delicious. Steaks are great as is the fried chicken!! We love Joe's and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely great!MJS1955VIPDined on 9/16/2014I eat here almost every time I come to Chicago. The food, service and atmosphere is always the same...great! One of us had the bone-in filet, another the rebeye and I had the Dover sole. Excellent dinner. Just like the one in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- offthechartsoffthe58chartsDined on 9/16/2014Once again, Joe's experience was an amazing meal. Jeanette was on her game, as she always is. What a professional, and such a delightful person. You are lucky to have her. The food was awesome, and I always look forward to returning for another phenomenal event.Special Features:
- Not worth the premium pricesSB29464VIPDined on 9/15/2014Premium pricing requires premium experiences. Ours was anything but. Party of 6 with 7pm reservation. Between our waiter and the manager, we got 4 different stories on availability of the stone crab. This is their signature appetizer. Never fully understood what we got or why. Then dinner was served with 1 incorrect entree and 1 entree missing. The wrong entree was replaced in about 5 minutes. We were finished eating by the time the missing entree was served. The waiter apologized profusely... he appeared shocked by the whole episode & gave us a couple of free desserts. Never heard from the manager. As a former 2x a year customer, I cannot recommend at these prices...Special Features:
- Always a Good ExperienceJojo20VIPDined on 9/15/2014Joe's is definitely one of our favorites. The personnel are all very nice, friendly and accommodating. The food is always really good. The crabcakes and fried chicken are some of our favorites. We will continue to come here since each and every time we do we are always quite pleased.Special Features:
- good restaurant periodFERNANDODined on 9/14/2014The food was very good according to the price, one thing that it is not right my reservation was for a party of 4, and they did not give us a table for 3 persons until everybody was in the restaurant.Special Features:
- CarolinaSkidDined on 9/14/2014Long my favorite steak place in Chicago, if not the country, Joe's was a huge disappointment this time. They seem to think they are just too good to be bothered with great service any more. A $50 medium rare steak was medium well, the second time this has happened in the last two trips. When asked to take a look they seemed more insulted than concerned. There was no offer to do anything, free drink, dessert, etc, for the diner who had to sit for 10 minutes and watch their companions eat. The wine markup has gotten absurd. A $36 Quilceda Creek Red, not the Cab, is $185. When I asked about it the wine guy said they paid $60 and refused to believe the real cost. So, it's time to start looking for a new favorite steak place.Special Features:
- My Favorite PlaceAnikaDined on 9/14/2014I LOVE JOE'S...I never have a complaint. The food is always yummy!!!Special Features:
- Sooo disappointing!!BGDM7450Dined on 9/14/2014We have enjoyed dinner at Joe's Stone Crab many times in varying locations: Miami, Las Vegas, and now Chicago. We adore the stone crab and the side dishes are marvelous. I guess I'd say the stone crabs HAVE BEEN marvelous. Our recent experience left us as cold as the obviously long-frozen little crab claws which were so water-logged that one could wring them out! They were so small that in crushing the hard shell, tiny bits of shell was embedded in the claw meat and I felt that I was eating sand. For better or worse, we know how delectable these claws can be, thus a greater disappointment yet. The sides were as excellent as usual but the claws are the feature and when they are so bad, the meal is simply sad.
- Consistently GreatReturnagainDined on 9/14/2014We always eat at Joes when visiting Chicago. This time our northern friends joined us for a great meal and friendly service. We look forward to next years trip to Chicago and an evening at Joes. We all had steaks that were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Friendly staff and great service abound at Joes. Joes is a must stop if you are in Chicago.Special Features:
- Consistently GtreatpickyeaterVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is our go to birthday celebration place. Always energetic & bustling atmosphere. The stone crabs are legendary but the steaks are among the best in Chicago & my Dover sole with brown butter sauce was the best fish I've ever had. The sides are very generous, 4 for a table of 8 adults was enough. The tuna tartare & roasted corn were delicious. The waiters are very attentive without hovering & the hot towels at the end of the meal are a nice touch. Desserts are decadent, the peanut butter pie is so rich it's hard to finish & the key lime pie is creamy & fresh. Wine list is very good & good selection of classic cocktails. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Love Joe'sSdsdohertyDined on 9/14/2014We live in Kansas City and we travel to Chicago at least once a year to just dine at Joe's. We love it that much. Stone crab is always fabulous, service is impeccable always and the restaurant has the classiest charm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Could have been a better experience if we had a better server. He was really quiet and did not talk at all to explain things or paella anything. It was our first time there and with all the reviews we heard from friends we were disappointed. I think the location is great but service was poor. I cant see the difference between any other steak house in the city then? Competitors at least give better service and the food was comparable as well.
- Awesome place, if you go to ChicagoJuanGDined on 9/11/2014The best hambuger ever! Place nice, great location!Special Features:
- Great DryerscmdavisDined on 9/11/2014The food at Joe's was outstanding. Matt was our server and we have had none better at any other place that we have dined. His recommendations were spot on and our meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Service was AwesomeSamsDined on 9/11/2014The staff was spot on when you needed anything, the delivery and presentation was great. Fair pricing and premium quality products topped off the experience. Their key lime pie was awesome even though served in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32nd wedding anniversary!32ndDined on 9/11/2014We have celebrated our anniversary at Joe's on our milestone years, 20, 25, 30 and oops 32, we couldn't wait for 35. The service is excellent and above expectations. The food is second to none. We were treated well on our anniversary, and that is why we tell everyone about Joe's. See you next year and every year until 35!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.