Joe's on Juniper
1049 Juniper St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's on Juniper
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metrocafes.com/
- Phone: 4048756634
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Metrotainments catering department Epic Events at www.epiceventsatl.com ph. 404.991.9128
- Entertainment: Monday - Movies on the Patio (weather permitting) Tuesday and Thursday - Trivia 8-10pm Wednesday - Crazy Bitch Bingo 8-10pm
- Cross Street: Juniper/11th St
- Public Transit: The midtown marta station is two blocks away.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a small private lot next to our building, we also offer complimentary valet parking 7 days a week. There is a pay parking lot across the street from Joe's.
A word from Joe's on Juniper
Joe's on Juniper is a midtown tavern situated in the heart of midtown Atlanta. Joe's serves up plenty of sassy service along with 32 draft beers, certified Angus beef char-grilled burgers, spicey hot buffalo wings, healthy salads, hand-crafted sandwiches, award winning desserts, and a full bar featuring Martinis, Margaritas, Mimosas and more!! Join your friends for Trivia or Bingo and compete for house cash!! Our patio has been voted best patio by several local magazines for 5 years running. Come see why we've been a favorite of midtown for 12 years!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Joe's on Juniper reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Waiter, SLOW serviceg20atlantaDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter, Matt (tall and slender white dude with strawberry-ish short hair), was actually very attentive. However, I rated service as "poor" because the bus person took 15 minutes to clean our table. Plus this restaurant always tends to take a long time to serve your food and drinks even if they are only at 50% capacity. Perhaps the delays are originating in their kitchen and bar or perhaps lack of enough staff to create an efficient flow; whatever the issue is, must be addressed quickly by management. Other than the above, I love this local LGBT-friendly spot.Special Features:
- FirstTimerDined on 8/23/2014Super patio and fun. Can't wait for the expansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully an off night...westsidefmsDined on 8/16/2014We had bad service, so-so food, and a large group.Special Features:
- Great place!TatiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Thank you for always taking such good care of me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesServiceDined on 6/13/2014I go to Joes at least 7-8 times thru out the month. I try and only deal with one waiter, and his name is Steven. There is two Steven there, the one I am talking about is tall skinny with blonde hair. He is the best. I have been there and have gotten bad service from waiters, but I continue to go because of Steven. I wish that all the other waiters was like him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Totally enjoyed the visit, however the music had something lacking. I was told it was a jukebox. I did not go inside but noticed no real dance music...could have been better.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Joe's on Juniper reviews archive.
- Party of 15ShaughnlVIPDined on 5/4/2014Placed reservation for a group of friends. I frequent here but this night in particular took an hour and 30 mins for our order to come out. The manager did his part to comp our bill, however it was not a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Great patio with a young and lively staff. Fun trivia and bingo throughout the week.Special Features:
- Hot Spot in MidtownLumaVIPDined on 4/20/2014I loved dining outdoors. The pimento cheese wontons with pepper jelly are very tasty and the Bloody Mary's are off the chain. The service level and friendliness of the staff is at the top of the list. Joe's on Juniper is a must-visit venue in Midtown for weekend brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio for People WatchingCEP1Dined on 4/11/2014We had a good time at Joe's -- great outdoor patio on Juniper. Service was good. Food was marginal at best. Sorry! Wished we had liked it better, but won't be going back.Special Features:
- Thank youdraconistabulaDined on 3/29/2014We were originally supposed to have a party of ten. Everything was set up when we arrived. Unfortunately, all but four of us flaked out. They were very understanding of that and worked with us. I've loved this place for years and will continue to frequent.Special Features:
- Fun at Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014This is one of my favorite spots for meeting with friends on the patio and enjoying the midtown crowd. We love Thursday night trivia and always find the servers to be a lot of fun. The food is good bar standards and pretty consistent. Great drink prices, too. I have been going to Joe's for over 10 years on a weekly basis and still enjoy it everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good discoveryfoodieluvDined on 3/19/2014Great service, was there for lunch food was good, prices were great. Parking not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday FundayMJLogan42VIPDined on 3/9/2014This place was exactly what we were looking for on a sunny Sunday brunch. Good drinks, decent bar food, and a great patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, dodgy service!AJS4561Dined on 3/8/2014A great menu with a wide range of choices. My burger was delicious! However, it took over 30 minutes for a waiter to visit our table, and that was because I had stopped another waiter to let them know we hadn't been greeted. We got our drinks, our food, and our checks, and those were the three times I saw our waiter. We did go on a Saturday night which I imagine is the busiest, but its not ideal to be essentially ignored.Special Features:
- Make sure you have AndrealurefishVIPDined on 2/13/2014Make sure you have Andrea as your waitress! She is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They forgot to bring our appetizer,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/9/2014They forgot to bring our appetizer, then we had to send the bill back so they could take it off the charges. Also, my onion rings were cold and overall it took a long time for our food to come. I was not impressed, but my husband and daughter enjoyed their food.
- Neighborhood tavernOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Definitely a good place to have a beer with friends and watch the game. Good Jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken wrap. Plenty of televisions on which to watch the game, but they aren't too loud or distracting.Special Features:
- This place is great for peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2013This place is great for people watching and big groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!2k6cutieDined on 8/27/2013I came here for my birthday last week on a Tuesday & despite the fact that it was Tuesday the place Was just as vibrant . I loved all the lights on the outside deck, the really chill ambience & not to mention Our waiter was so freaking cute. I had so much fun & hope to come again!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood tavern,Atlantagirl250VIPDined on 8/9/2013Great neighborhood tavern, locals favorite hangout, Expansive patio great for people watching, pet friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Sitting OutsideColonyGirlDined on 5/27/2013Whle the view to the street is not the best, the general atmosphere and terrific service is worth it. Beer selection is good, although they were out of our first choice, so the waitress quickly suggested a good alternate. She was outstanding.Food was pretty good too.Special Features:
- Boneless wings & B*tch BingoiDannyDined on 5/8/2013This isn't your grandmothers bingo. Wednesday night B*tch Bingo is pop culture meets trivia with a heavy helping of tea and shade. Always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st and last day for our serverMikeDined on 4/7/2013if you're looking for a place to drink on a patio - this is great - if you want service, or good food, head elsewhere. This was pretty funny, our waiter started his 1st day, and quit halfway through our meal - just walked out as the stress was too much for him.Special Features:
- We live in Charlotte, Nc andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013We live in Charlotte, Nc and have been to Atlanta many times in the past 4 years. I wish we had found this place earlier. WE LOVE it!!! Great food and fun staffSpecial Features:
- The ONLY reason I continueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The ONLY reason I continue to return to this establishment is because of their patio. EVERY time we go (once a month) the food is always wrong. In fact that is the one thing we can count on, our order being wrong. The service is not good. Again we only go there to enjoy a beer on the patio. If you are going for good food and good service, do not bother, but if you want a beer on a patio and are willing to over look everything else as we do, then this is the place for you.
- Fun but terrible foodElyseddsVIPDined on 3/10/2013A very fun experience. The patio had just opened for the year and the place was packed. The good was terrible. The drinks were good. Definitely a place to sit outside and eat...but not eat.Special Features:
- Always friendly service,theyDarrenDined on 2/8/2013Always friendly service,they take the time to listen to you as you order. I have never had a bad meal.....:) Bartenders are outstanding!!!Special Features:
- I like the idea of Joe's.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013I like the idea of Joe's. Fun theme, trendy. I guess its bar food is better because their "Blunch" was not good. Great drinks but the food just didn't work. A salmon Benny sounds good right? Albeit, a little divergent for an eggs Benedict lover, I knew going in it might not work. Unfortunately, the hollandaise was too salty and pairing that with fish, proved to be a fail. None of the four of us finished our food. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our time there. Like I said, the Bloody Marys' were good and my Poinsettia was great, however no brunch at Joe's again.Special Features:
- Jesse our Server was Amazing,luv2dineVIPDined on 11/4/2012Jesse our Server was Amazing, would come back just for him. He made myself and my girlfriend very comfortable and gave us the best dining experience that I have received anywhere and I am an operating partner at another restaurant here in town. Be careful, I may try and steal him for myself.
- Jessie did a great job takingBirthdayCelebrationDined on 10/25/2012Jessie did a great job taking care of us. Fall in ATL is amazing and Joe's is the perfect patio place to enjoy it. We'll be back.Special Features:
- go to joes on juniperOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012Joe's was a good time... food was great and the service was good. It was a happening spot. Would definately go there again.Special Features:
- Lots of energy, highly reccommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Lots of energy, highly reccommend a reservation, don't be in a hurry.Special Features:
- AswomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2012Great for a group of friends to hang. However waiter at some point became just a little anoying, kept checking every 2 minutes it seemed like and so me and friends would almost lose our train of thoughts LOL. Other than that.. everything was awsome !!Special Features:
- We Love Joe's!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Our server, Zach, was AMAZING! There were about 20 of us there for an after-hours work event. He handled our high maintenance group with ease. We never had to worry about a refill and all of our food, checks, etc were correct at the end of the night. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2012Love this place! Great for Sunday brunch. Was very busy, but waiter informed us that the kitchen was running very slow. Offered free Queso or spinach dip right up front to apologize for the wait. The waiter stayed very attentive while waiting for our food. Great omlets. Patio is huge, shaded and very vibrant. You can also bring your leashed dog!Special Features:
- Waited more than 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2012Waited more than 15 minutes on the patio after being seated and were never approached by waitstaff. Walked out.
- It was a beautiful day. WeScarlettVIPDined on 9/9/2012It was a beautiful day. We sat outside, alot of people around us smoking and alot of dogs. I thought that was against health code. Major hangout for the GLBT crowd, so be prepared. I probably will not go back because of the smoking. No parking - except for across the street which cost $5.
- Great spot to meet peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Great spot to meet people and socialize. Service is subpar, but had a great server the last visit.Special Features:
- Excellent patio and dogs areRalaceyDined on 7/8/2012Excellent patio and dogs are welcome. Service was outstanding and bloody mary was delicious!Special Features: