536 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joescafesb.com/
- Phone: 8059664638
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Rick Braun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Cafe
Joe's Café is a classic Santa Barbara dining and drinking institution and is the oldest restaurant in the city, established in 1928. The legacy of Joe's continues into it's ninth decade: Over the years, this vibrant downtown destination has become a favorite for locals and tourists alike, who mingle over cocktails (the stiffest in town) or chat during dinner in a buzzing traditional atmosphere. The exceptional ambiance underscores its rich heritage and long history. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7:30 a.m. til 10:00 p.m. or stay later and get to know our locals at one of the busiest bars in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Joe's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for a reliable old standbybfjetsetterVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was fine and straight forward. The place is not fancy, but comfortable. I ordered a cocktail before dinner, which was not a sweet drink, however, it was very sweet. I could not convince the server that it was wrong. Most frustrating. After a while, there was a change of heart and I was offered a replacement, which was right. It was conceded that something must have already been in the glass used for my drink..unnerving. Overall, we got on well after that and enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Step Into the PastSanroquegirlDined on 6/29/2014I grew up in Santa Barbara and do not live there anymore so it is always a pleasure to go back to a good restaurant that has been there since I was young and know some of the stories that come with it! I have just started revisiting it when I come through. Food, drinks and service are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Joe's Cafe reviews archive.
- PerfectionScrutterDined on 6/20/2014I eat at joes at least once a week and I absolutely love it. The food and service are incredible and the atmosphere is second to none!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IknowsbDined on 5/24/2014We've always liked Joe' Cafe and this time it did not disappoint in any way. We had out of town guests and we chose to meet at Joe's because of it's historical ambience, great wait staff, cleanliness and excellent priced food . It was a great way for all of us to get together and share a meal a memories. I made the reservation through Open Table and it was perfectly handled......our booth was waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicClintVIPDined on 5/11/2014Joe's is a walk back in time (since 1928). A nice well-rounded menu with something for everybody. The quality is good, and it's a great place to go when you're not sure what you want because they'll have it.Special Features: