Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
311 Mishawum Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joesamerican.com/
- Phone: 7819357200
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Delano IV
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
Joe's American Bar & Grill is a neighborhood staple for Classic American cuisine. At Joe's, we focus on using the freshest quality ingredients for all our dishes as well as providing a comfortable and fun atmosphere for all our guests. Established in 1984, Joe's is a favorite for a casual lunch, a family dinner or a gathering of friends. Enjoy Joe's for lunch, dinner, weekend brunch or take-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (22)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (11)special occasion (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Great Service, Ambiance, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014For lunch, the service staff is fantastic, as is the ambiance. It can get moderately noisy due to the size of the dining hall. Food is good quality with good preparation and valueSpecial Features:
- Skimpy PortionsjkfbVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had a Cobb salad. At $14 the price was a little high, but not crazy. The problem was the portion size. After lunch I went out and got a snack since I was still hungry. Places like TGIF are similar, but much nicer portion sizes.
- tasty & plentyme1nyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Never have been to Joe's before but always saw them near highways …New Orleans style Jambalaya was touted as spicy-was not super hot but fine…many shrimp, lots of chicken & sausage within the rice. Very good…and plentiful. needed a doggie bag. Large serving of fresh tasting fish in the not overly breaded fish & chips ( can have sweet potato fries no extra charge). Clam chowder bit too thick. Only downside was the small amount of wine served in a large glass for $9 (lowest cost of any wine by the glass)…Draft beer was $5.50I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was fair at best Drinks stingy Service horrendous
- WaitreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Our waitress was very flat and lacked enthusiasm. It was quite noisy as well.
- My mistakeHuntyDined on 7/9/2014Needed a local place to have a relaxing business meeting over dinner, as I had come from the UK the day before and was staying at the hampton connected thought joes would be ideal How wrong - We constantly felt under pressure to order, to eat, to leave Food was average and a colleague the next day also felt we were being pushed to leave ( the clue was when the waitress was brushing the floor around our table).
- Good FoodLarryDined on 7/3/2014Pros: Food is good, friendly service Cons: Music was very loud, received dinners at the table before finished eating appetizers & saladsSpecial Features:
- Blah food, weak drinksbostonreginaVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were looking for a place to have a quick bite (and didn't realize the 99 was around the corner until we were driving away), so we popped into Joe's based on the reviews here on OpenTable. It was pretty empty, even for Saturday dinner time so we got seated quickly. Our waitress was efficient and polite. Restaurant was clean and well kept, if a bit dated in the decor. Mixed drinks were VERY watered down, and food was pretty bland. Onion soup was standard. Fries were soggy, and chicken BLT was okay (however, it was SO huge that I basically had to take it apart and rebuild it). Dinner partner's scallops were tasteless, but the risotto was good. All in, was a $60 meal, which is pretty steep for something so forgettable. Wouldn't dine again.
- Great Service!lv2crzDined on 6/14/2014Met a friend here for lunch - we were engrossed in conversation and the server noticed and set up a "signal" for us to let her know we were ready to order. It was much appreciated so we could continue to talk. The special for the day was really good and the spinach and artichoke dip was awesome. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- FoxyladyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I had not been here in years. It used to be consistently good. But my Cobb Salad was mediocre. My frien had a good fish sandwich, however. Overall nothing to recommend it.
- Consistently WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 6/3/2014I dine here frequently as the food and the service are excellent. Meals are reasonably priced; staff is knowledgeable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Not the best Joe's location. Our waitress was inept, leaving empty glasses on the table, forgetting which diner ordered what and generally uninterested in her job. Food was not up to par either. The Cobb salad was a mess (where was the bacon?), ahi tuna salad featured a dry slab of what was once presumably nice tuna, and the other dishes were just gloppy. Too bad.Special Features:
- We love Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Joe's is one of my favorite places to eat in the Boston area. Anytime we have someone visiting from out of town we bring them to Joe's American Bar and Grill because the menu has lots of variety (even for the pickiest of eaters), the quality is incredible (I've never ordered something that wasn't delicious), and it's not too overpriced (especially with the large portions). We especially love the clam chowder - one of the best we've found in Boston! We normally dine at the Waterfront location (primarily because we love the location and ambiance), but this time we chose the Woburn location because it's the same great food without the long wait. I highly recommend Joe's American Bar and Grill to anyone!!Special Features:
- Should be better than it is...ChopsFanVIPDined on 5/16/2014Joe's American Bar and Grill tries to be an upper scale restaurant with waiters/waitresses dress in long white aprons, etc., but the true of the matter is this is just very standard fare, and always less than stellar service. Now, this isn't from someone who has been here once. I've been coming here (often) for years and now I really need to find a new restaurant as a "good ol' reliable". First they were sold to another company and over the years they have reduced the menu to one-(oversized)-sheet. And the waitstaff NEVER checks to see if you've finished your soup or salad before bringing the main course. I mean never - ever! They'll apologize or say it's to give it to you hot. But we know they truth. They just want to move you along
- Nice Place Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was good. Did not like sitting near front door/serving areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- home away from homeyetanothercomment2Dined on 5/11/2014I travel to this area to see my elderly mom. It is always reliable, predictably good and decently priced. it is a comfort after stressful vist,people are always super nice.Special Features:
- Fun Mom's Day LunchNHladyDined on 5/10/2014This was a great place to meet. Close to the highway and easy to find. Met my son and his wife there for Mother's Day and it was a fun place, the waitstaff was friendly and the food was good. We'd go there again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Simply a good place to goenjoygoodstuffDined on 5/6/2014great place to meet up with friends and others. Easy access. Quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2014We used to go to Joe's in Woburn quite often, but this last visit we were very disappointed. The menu has change, so we decided to try two meals that we often get at other restaurants and did not care for either. The service started out fine, but after we got our meal we never saw our server until we were finished.Special Features:
- rcm 0505Insdoc76Dined on 5/1/2014Joe's American delivers a consistent food product which is nicely presented and tastes good. I have gone to this particular Joe's in Woburn for Mother's Day and other occasions, and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Alternative to hipster restaurantWhatsastoveDined on 4/30/2014Getting tired of these new hipster restaurants. Where food is pretty but so-so and service is something you only hear about. Joe's American bar and grill is a relief. Food is good and consistent, went with a party of 6, everyone got something different and everyone was happy about the quality and taste of the food. Service was excellent, attentive, funny and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn reviews archive.
- Not a favoritemadtowneDined on 4/27/2014visited from out-of-town and no planes to go back, food was so/so for the price
- Great for the FamilyNYY29Dined on 4/22/2014Great spot for the family to celebrate special occasions. Food is excellent and the service is great. Very kid friendly. Good kid menu and the servers are good with the kids. Restaurant is also accommodating for food allergies. A definite keeper.Special Features:
- Easter TreatCookiesToScoopVIPDined on 4/20/2014Thank you Joe's for a delicious and affordable Easter Diner. The meat on your lamb shanks fell off the bone and your wait staff did a remarkable job given how busy you were with such large parties! We also really enjoyed your banana bread pudding with chocolate sauce (We use to have chocolate bread pudding with hard sauce on Easter when I was a child so it really brought me back to my childhood!). My only recommendations would be to turn down your music (or even eliminate it as it is really tough on seniors with hearing aids), serve less of your delicious mashed potatoes (not great for diabetics) and add a vegetable (I would have loved a small portion of minted peas with the lamb and / or some mint jelly with your lamb ;).Special Features:
- Success with Easter Brunch!meck152VIPDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed Easter Brunch at Joe's and they were comfortably able to accomodate our reserved party of 11 that included 4 kids and one grandmother! Food was prepared well and service was very attentive to the range of menu requests. Price points were fine but was surprised that virtually all the brunch options were so large (three eggs, steak & two eggs, giant servings of Challah French Toast). Would have preferred somewhat less voluminous and somewhat less expensive options as it was simply too much food for lunch! Tasty but left a little too much on my plate at the end.Special Features:
- great local spotwhatsfordinnerDined on 4/19/2014returned once again for a great meal ~ our waiter, Trevor, was informative, attentive and very personable. it was the night before Easter and unusually slow ...which worked out for us since there was no issue parking/waiting (although I had done the phone head via email anyways, just in case) ~ comfort food, prepared well, in a pleasant atmosphere. cant go wrong :)Special Features:
- Terrible Dinnersrcorb22Dined on 4/12/2014The food was horrible and the service was even worse. What has happened to this place?
- Ruined Sword Fish & Cold CoffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The swordfish should never have been treated with balsamic vinaigrette. It totally disguised the taste of the swordfish and did not enhance it at all. Why do some cooks think that balsamic enhances EVERYTHING? Swordfish should be treated with lemon, capers, olive oil, herbs, and the like. The subtle flavor should not be overpowered by another powerful flavor such as balsamic. When you pay good money for swordfish, you want to taste the fish, not vinegar. The cappuccino was brought cold. The serve did bring me another hot one. The server was excellent and very nice. The veggies were pretty good.
- A very enjoyable experiencesiouxcqDined on 4/6/2014My husband and I met my mother for Sunday brunch and had a wonderful time. The waitress was very attentive. I ordered gluten free and, per their policy, the manager came over and checked that the food was prepared properly. We have eaten at Joe's many times and have always been pleased but this time was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSarahDined on 3/29/2014Great food and for the most part, great service. We come here a lot. I would have given five stars, but we had made a reservation recently for 8:00. When we arrived, our table was not ready and they made us wait a half hour. Not acceptable and really embarrassing. If the food and waitstaff weren't so great, we wouldn't bother coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceKrosee2468Dined on 3/25/2014The see ice was fantastic and our waiter clattered to our every need however the food though good was not exceptional and frankly was not worth the prince, but my dad says it is usually much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect placee to bring a date.neilmDined on 3/22/2014;oes is the perfect place to bring a date. Wonderful service excellent food. An atmosphere that allows you some privacy and the ability to talk. I recomend them to every one. My grandkids love it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencejodoDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I have eaten at joe's many times and have always enjoyed it. We come so regularly that we request our favorite waiter Harold ( Woburn). No Harold on this night. Couldn't find our resie. The hostess and support staff could not have been nicer. We got to our table and ordered drinks, 3 mixed and one beer. We sent two fruity mixed drinks because they tasted like they were watered down. Our waiter did not seem to pleased with this. The replacements were not any better. Then our waiter ignored us for the next 30 40 minutes. We would yell "excuse me" but he would race by. One of the support staff got us bread. Finally he took our order. Our request for specifics were ignored for example no bacon on salad. There was bacon.
- Pricey for lunchemerydbyDined on 3/18/2014This was an $80 lunch for two. We had the tuna tatare which was excellent. The $26.00 steak came with potatoes only, no vegetable. It was not cooked as requested, but we did not send it back, it was rather thin and not juicy. I had a salad with steak tips which was very good. 2 beers were also on the tab. Again, the price would be expected for dinner, not lunch.
- Food is always goodEastCoastGirlDined on 3/9/2014I always enjoy Joe's, but this time there were 8 of us and we were given a table in a room that was freezing! My daughter in law kept her coat on the entire meal and I was freezing the entire meal. But, I have to blame myself .. I didn't complain and should have.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerjlceDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant was busy since it was a SAT night. We wanted to split a dessert but 2 by mistake. There was no hassle to take the other one back. I've never been to Joes - but will certainly go again soon (we live in NH)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The atmosphere is great as well as the decor is very homey and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedburlinDined on 2/22/2014Disappointing! I ordered the lobster ravioli special expecting to get lobster, not shrimp. There was a scant amount of lobster inside the ravioli themselves and absolutely none on the plate in what was supposed to be a lobster bisque sauce, instead there was shrimp. Calamari app. was good.
- Joe's is a nice, casual placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2014Joe's is a nice, casual place to meet friends. I appreciate that there are several healthier options on the menu. The ahi tuna salad is my favorite. Service was a little slow, but we were also in no rush.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent valuenearbostonDined on 2/14/2014The menu is fair, what we got rated fine. Service was poor-we had to ask twice for bread, 3 times for water. We will go again, but hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.