Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham
One Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joesamerican.com/index.cfm/page/Home
- Phone: 5088208389
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Bar Open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham
Joe's in Framingham, conveniently located in between the Mass Pike and Route 9 in Shopper's World, offers guests classic American cuisine set in a casual and comfortable atmosphere with brass fixtures, elegant lighting and cozy booths. Our large lounge area with high and low tables, four HD flat screen TV's, and an energetic bar open until 12:00 am every evening, serves as the perfect setting for a gathering of friends. Our private dining room can accommodate up to 25 guests, and features stunning floor to ceiling paneled windows. Whether it be after work cocktails, a business lunch, a special occasion dinner for two or a family dinner, Joe's in Framingham is the perfect choice. We offer takeout for brunch, lunch and dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (10)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good casual diningTonyKDined on 9/10/2014All the meals for our party of 8 were very good. My side Caesar salad was delicious, complete with anchovies. Portion sizes were ample and didn't leave any room for dessert. Server was very patient and helpful. A good neighborhood restaurant for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch spotDJCFoodDined on 8/25/2014I drove from Boston to meet colleagues for a business lunch. Joe's was great because it had a varied menu with something for everyone--salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes. The restaurant was very quiet and the waitress was great...kept the water/ice tea/soda refills coming and the food at a great pace without rushing us or interrupting our discussions.Special Features:
- diningwithoutinsanityDined on 8/23/2014Great last minute decision for dinner. Made reservation and walked right in 1 hour later. Food was goood and average price. service was attentive. If you are looking for a place to grab a meal without the hassle of waiting in a cattle call line you have found it.
- Who is managing the timing?FlightDined on 8/2/2014Stopped in on Friday night at about 7 pm after doing a few errands. Server was pleasant and helpful, but somewhere the restaurant was not working. Appetizers (soup and salad) took a long time to appear. We were not that worried about that, but within about 3 minutes, our entrees appeared and the person who delivered them insisted on putting them down on our table despite the fact that it was clear that we had a long way to go with the appetizers. The waitress came over to offer more drinks and ignored the poor timing of the two courses. Somebody needs to go back to culinary school basics.Special Features:
- Still GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/13/2014Hadn't been here in a while... and it's still good. Dined on a quiet Sunday night with my son... service was excellent. Our waiter, Marco, a true professional. Looking around, thought at some point they need to consider sprucing up the place. A good family dining spot.
- Solid for comfort foodAlmills3Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I had dinner during the World Cup finals match. The restaurant was not too busy at that time. We had a ahi tuna app(interesting presentation-avocado base with lots of tuna piled on top). I had the Jambalaya and my wife had the Mac and cheese with bacon. Both entrees were good. We had a huge piece of Banana Cream pie for dessert. It was very good. Service was excellent and we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and goodFionaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food here is consistent - and the servers very outgoing and friendly. Its a plus to be able to use Open table as the place is usually mobbed and YOU have a reservation and go right to the head of the classSpecial Features:
- Great servicehjo51Dined on 6/15/2014The service was terrific - one server named Connor was particularly polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We came with a group of 10 to celebrate a graduation, and the food was consistently good all around. Our party especially liked the appetizers and bread brought to the table. Steaks were great--all around good experience. We had a new server, who was shadowed by an experienced person, and she did a great job--we felt very well taken care of.Special Features:
- terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2014It was worst meal of our lives. Hamburgers tasted like bucket of salt. Called manager next day and she could care less. Told her meat had sauce and fillers in meat. It tasted like it was left over in kitchen. She said it was pure meat. Three people could not be wrong I said other restaurants in that area of Framingham that serve burgers are far superior. Said she would talk to Chef. WILL NEVER RETURN TO FRAMINGHAM LOCATION.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Joe's American Bar & Grill - Framingham reviews archive.
- Great dining experienceMartyDined on 5/18/2014It was a busy Sunday night at other restuaurants but Joes had room for us. The waitress was efficient and friendly and each of our dinners was well prepared. The prices are average for this type of establishment. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in FraminghamZWagDined on 5/13/2014A little off the beaten path, so not nearly as busy as it could have been at the hour we went. Service was attentive and the food was good but not great. The chowder was better than the crab cakes and I wish I would have gone with the meatloaf over a burger! I'll have to go back and give it a second chance for a"better than good" review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large family gatheringFamilyof4Dined on 5/10/2014Came here on the Saturday before Mother's Day with my parents, my brother, his family, my cousin, her family and my family (13 total). Something for everyone with ages ranging from granparents to parents to teenagers and a preteen. Service was great. Staff very attemtive. Would come here again as a large group or even with just my family of four.Special Features:
- Can always count on Joe's A B&GRPG1Dined on 4/27/2014As usual - really as always - food was good, service was professional and prices are reasonable. Joe's is very customer oriented. Your wish is their command. Went for a birthday and Joe's supplied an oversized piece of cake, big enough for all to share, gratis.Special Features:
- Easter Lunch/BrunchjuniorDined on 4/20/2014After looking over a bunch of restaurant menus I decided that Joes' was the best for us. The served brunch if you felt like having something light- and also lunch/dinner if you wanted something other than breakfast items! Everything was great. The food and the service. We all had different food - from breakfast pancakes to ribs! Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Forgotten but re-foundFionaVIPDined on 3/29/2014It had been many years since I had been to this restaurant. It was a sat. Night and thru open table we found they took reservations. Perfect! After we arrived we had to wait about 15 min for our table. Not bad for a Sat night. Our waitress was lovely -attentive and extremely helpful and kind to my friend who has severe dietary restrictions. And to top it all off the food was well prepared and delicious. It's now back on the top of my to go places! Can't leave without also complimenting them on the price point- a really good deal. We will be backSpecial Features:
- most means were very good,operafanDined on 3/29/2014most means were very good, especially beef entrées; salads disappointing. Prices reasonable for the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for gatheringssusanDined on 3/27/2014I come to Joe's when I want to gather with a few friends. The food is good and the location is easy and I will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliableNewcomerVIPDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is a place where we go and know the foods going to be good and it's a comfortable place to eat. I was a little disappointed when I arrived with my reservation at 4:30 (way before any busy hour) and was put in the back of the restaurant in the corner. When I asked the hostess if we could sit in the front near the window, she gave me a look and said why you don't want to sit here? I said it's fine and stayed where I was, but I was not happy. We watched people being brought to the back asking to be moved to the front, we spent most of the meal alone in the back until a family with young children came in and sat next to us. I usually enjoy my meal at Joe's and go there often, but I was very disappointed with the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meeting placesusanDined on 3/1/2014Met an old friend for dinner. We had very delicious food and a great time talking and catching up. Wait staff owe helpful and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2014I was disappointed in the size and quality of my salad. It seemed much smaller than previously! The greens were not as fresh..all in all, I would not order a salad again there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will come back for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Was shown to our table where a bus tub was perched on a chair, but staff quickly removed it. Friendly attentive service. Noise level was a bit high but it was a holiday. Seated at a high pub table in line with the front door made for a chilly dinner. Butternut squash ravioli was excellent , companion had the prime rib sandwich which looked fresh and well portioned. We might return for lunch but probably not dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapid Slide DownhillBrandoVIPDined on 2/14/2014Unfortunate that Tavistock (new ownership group) feels the need to change something that had worked well. Both food and more importantly service have suffered. I hope the Tavistock folks can bring Joes back to what it was (under Back Bay).Special Features:
- DisappointedTommayDined on 2/14/2014We had not been to this restaurant in quite some time. We got our table right away, thank you Open Table. That's where it started going down hill. They seemed to be very confused on what table was what. The party next to us had difficulty with their order and the staff continued to come to our table and started talking about how sorry they were only to be told wrong table. The prime rib dinner/stuffed schrimp was rather small portions. No aus juy sauce, no vegetable or salad options. Had to ask for sour cream for baked potato and also had to ask for a steak knife. A special on the menu should be something special!Special Features:
- good for small family gathering.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014good for small family gathering. Server was very helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very helpful in finding adbind1Dined on 1/10/2014very helpful in finding a table for six in a quiet spot! working to have gluten free food managed by the server...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was poorgrantroVIPDined on 1/5/2014Went here for brunch and they management team and staff just didn't seem to have their act together. We were a party of 8 and they struggled with every part of the meal. Trying to get drinks took forever, food came out at all different times, some parts of the order were missing. What food did arrive was cold or over cooked. I don't think I will visit this restaurant again.
- The food is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2013This is a favorite restaurant of mine. The food is always great and this visit was no exception. The waitstaff wasn't 100% up on the food offerings, but they did go back to the kitchen to get clarification for us, so that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold food serveddrhcVIPDined on 12/7/2013Kitchen service very slow and grilled food served was nearly Ice cold. This was second of three visits that the kitchen crew failed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingIndiDined on 11/28/2013It was appreciated that your staff offered somewhere for singles to celebrate Thanksgiving when it would have been difficult and no fun just to cook for one or two. The food was very good and it was appreciated that you provided not only a traditional turkey dinner, but also other tiems off the regular menu.Special Features:
- Joe's Great DinnerdrhcVIPDined on 11/23/2013On a freezing cold day in November, Joe's was a warm inviting place ro get a great dinner. Waitstaff very friendly and helpful. OpenTable reservation honored immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner!FormanroVIPDined on 11/14/2013Our family dinner before our daughter's wedding was wonderful. The service and food were outstanding and would highly recommend Joe's American Bar & Grill in Framingham.Special Features:
- American Joe's OctoberdrhcVIPDined on 10/26/2013Wait staff very helpful, personable and teamwork appreciated. Food quality and taste very good as usual.Special Features:
- PickypickyVIPDined on 10/25/2013French onion soup was quite bland. Need onions. Shared a rib dinner which was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2013We live locally and go to this restaurant often. It recently was sold and changed. New menu's which are very limited now. Service was poor and clearly not experienced. Even the wait staff outfits were changed. All now wear jeans and white shirts which we found to be very unprofessional. We were greeted at the reception desk by three young women who could care less about us. Very unfriendly, no greeting at all. Some of our favorite wines and meals have been removed and are no longer. Very disappointed. Very likely we will not return based on the changes and our last two experiences.
- The New MenuOut2DinnerDined on 7/6/2013We are long-time Joe's regulars and arrived on this particular evening to find their new menu. Many of the old favorites are still there, with a few deletions in the salad section and a few additions in the sandwich section. No pizza, or at least I didn't see it that I can recall. One of us had the new Buffalo chicken wrap. VERY spicy, good, but small. Strangely small compared with other Joe's portions. One of us had her "usual", the Maryland crab cakes - the portion also seemed smaller than previously. The new fish sandwich, ordered blackened, was delicious. The sweet potato fries were great, as always. The regular French fries seemed to be a new cut, also very good. One salad ordered: good. The service was disorganized. Strange for Joe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and PotatoesDingerVIPDined on 7/5/2013I had the NY strip and it was cooked perfectly, my wife had the 2lb ribs! Fall off the bone but noted that the ribs were a bit dry. Shelby was our server and she did a great job. Never missed anything and she was spot on when your glass was empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.