Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
985 Providence Hwy
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joesamerican.com/index.cfm/page/Home
- Phone: (781) 329-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Durazo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
Joe's in Dedham is conveniently located on Route 1, directly off Route 128. Joe's is a local staple for fresh American cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Guests will enjoy our dining room with beautiful Tiffany chandeliers and stained glass windows, or guests can relax and watch the game in our large lounge area with four HD flat screen TV's. Our energetic bar is open until 1:00 am every day and is the perfect place to join friends for an after work cocktail or a quick lunch or dinner. Our location is close to several area hotels, shopping destinations and the Route 128 train station. We also offer a private dining room that accommodates 60 guests, it is the perfect setting for a business meeting, special occasion or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- DisappointingDonnaDined on 11/8/2014This was a very disappointing dinner. Despite repeated requests, we did not receive bread until the meal was concluding. We were unable to get all the salads ordered. The food was poorly prepared, tasteless, and cold. We will not return.
- B.C. Fareluv2dineVIPDined on 11/8/2014We ate here before a U. of Louisville-Boston College football game. The food was typical pub food and quite good. Servers were very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Disappointing Mealcars0153VIPDined on 10/24/2014The seafood special was a total disappointment. It just wasn't very good. To offer only 1 desert is unacceptable. The appetizer was terrible and they ended up letting me make another choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!mamalissaDined on 10/10/2014I was very happy with my meal, the surroundings, the service. My favorite place to go when shopping or seeing a movie in Dedham. This restaurant does not have the feel of a chain at all.Special Features:
- Service and FoodannieoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Service is always excellent and the food is pretty good!Special Features:
- Good Dinner & ValueDpat38VIPDined on 9/29/2014Joe's has a good formula - this location is a little more casual. Bright lighting is annoying. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Twice in one night!Dunny5Dined on 9/29/2014I recently met friends at Joe's for an early app/dinner and a glass of wine after work. In the meantime my husband made dinner plans to meet friends for dinner, we made it extra easy and made a reservation for later that evening right there at Joe's (I had to move two tables away) :) The service at both tables was great and the food was perfect. I recommend the fish tacos for an app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Went Downhill FastEyes24VIPDined on 9/27/2014Service was great, but food took forever. Simple turkey burger took a long time, then came burned and had to send back. Sweet potato fries were cold. Poor experience for everyone in our group really. There are much better places. This used to be good but new ownership is sending it down the tubes.
- Not the Old Joe'sfsteeleVIPDined on 9/21/2014Joe's was a reliable food spot to drop in at any time, with well cooked food, local seafood and a variety of choices. Now after the chain takeover it is a generic national chain. The menu is limited and generic. They began to delete the old time favorites and pared down the choices to those easy to cook for them, odd tastes in certain items, and limited choices. The waiter who was very accommodating stated that they plan on having specials and bringing back some of the old favorites. We will see. The hosts are giggly- chatting with each- other young girls - a little more professionalism would serve the restaurant well as the face that first greets the customer.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was good as always but service very slow. Took an hour to get our meal. Prices have gone up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group get togetherdman02446Dined on 8/23/2014We met here as it was a convenient location to where members of our party lived. The waiter was very accommodating allowed us to stay and chat long after we finish eating which was much appreciated. I did order my burger medium well but came to me like medium rare but since it taste good I didn't complain or send it back. :-) This may have resulted in a miscommunication between the waiter and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently solid food and servicelikespicyfoodDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant has become my family's go-to restaurant at busy times. The food is excellent, the service is good, and, because the place is enormous, there are always available tables at times that places like Blue on Highland or Not Your Average Joe's might have hourlong waits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham reviews archive.
- Great foodpkwhouVIPDined on 7/9/2014It has been awhile since I face been to Joe's. The dining room could use a face lift, but the servers were pleasant and the food was really good. Really large portions as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...again...JeffVIPDined on 7/6/2014The foods still acceptable, but since the new owners, the prices are up and this place is not such a great value. Plus they were out of strawberries for the strawberry waffle and delivered a burger with the wrong cheese and the broccoli side appeared frozen not fresh. The good news is that since business appears to be declining you can get a seat pretty readily. I wrote management with my complaints/suggestions about a previous visit and never received a reply.
- Food Hasn't Kept Pace with PriceNomadDined on 7/4/2014The entrees, while not expensive at $17 - $23 (steak higher), are more expensive than they should be for the quality of the food. I had a roast 1/2 chicken and my spouse had the fried chicken. Neither were very appetizing - not moist, not hot, no sauce for the roast chicken. The mashed potatoes were chunky, dry, and luke warm. And vegetables are extra. The service was good but didn't make up for the poor meal. There are much better choices across the street at Legacy place, in Dedham Square, or down the road in Norwood. I won't be visiting again for a long time.Special Features:
- Good food, a little over-pricedRyanVIPDined on 6/29/2014We are fairly regular here. Sometimes the food is very good; sometimes it's average. Service is usually decent if not excellent. The prices are a little high for the quality and amount of food. It feels like it is trying to approach Coach Grill/Abe and Louie's, other restaurants in the restaurant group, but the quality is not there yet.Special Features:
- DownhillOpenTableEaterVIPDined on 6/28/2014Prices are up, food quality is down. Stiff cold chicken on top of an awful salad. How can you mess that up. Chicken must have been sitting for a couple of hours. Chile looks and tastes like it came out of a can. Dried up cheese spread on the top of it as well.
- Consistently GoodblarondeVIPDined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed another nice meal with friends. When others ask "what's good" here, I always say everything!Special Features:
- solid effortjd37Dined on 6/13/2014Joe's is a middle of the road restaurant. Everything was just fine and our servers were very nice. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Noisy / but good food!ShellyVIPDined on 5/30/2014I brought a group of friends to dinner and was very disappointed at the seating. Even though the entire restaurant was open, and the back area was totally empty, there were several large groups seated in the same front of the restaurant area. It was so noisy that conversation was nearly impossible. We would have stayed for dessert and coffee but for the noise level.....Special Features:
- Ok Dinner PlaceBeChouieDined on 5/26/2014With the price I am being charged and the foods they brought on my table, I wouldn't want to pay this much for this kind of foods. I don't think I want to come back in for foods.
- Great for large groupsmichaelDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant can accomodate large groups. We had 9 people and they sat us at 1 large round table, which was very accomodating. It was very busy, but the food came fairly quickly, and it was excellent. The only complaint was that 6 of the 9 bread dishes were dirty. Strange start to the evening, and definitley concerning, but everything was uphill from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenientLocalDined on 5/8/2014Good food and service. Pleasant atmosphere. A convenient spot to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDanyaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Our waiter was very attentive and thorough. He did not forget a single detail. There were 4 of us dining and each of us ordered with a slight modification to the menu item. When our food came out, every adjustment we requested was accounted for. We never had to wonder where he went because he came back to our table with perfect timing each time. We stood around a while after paying the check because we were still catching with each other. He never made us feel rushed for our seats. The overall experience was consistent with all the times I've gone to Joe's American Bar and Grill. The staff if trained really well and the food is always great. I can't think of a single thing I would have liked them to do differently. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lunch with a friendFitfoodie54Dined on 4/30/2014Service was excellent. Beer list perfect. Wine list poor by glass so did not order. Food was poor, second chance btw. Ha burger had hard chewy gristle.roll fell apart after cutting. Sweet potatoe fries were the highlight. I have also had the calamari and artichoke dip mediocre. For the money go else where. Don't expect much food wise.
- A nice get away from LegacyNancyDined on 4/18/2014Legacy is just across the street and the dining options there are plentiful but Joes used to be "the spot" before Legacy was built. In Joes before life in Dedham it was busy and crazy and noisy. But now it has just the right amount of people to feel popular yet you feel special. There was no line, staff was attentive and the food was just as good if not better than some of the Legacy hot spots. The tuna tartar was delicious and presented in a very creative and attractive way. All our other food choices were acceptable and delicious. Thanks for a lovely evening.
- DodiVIPDined on 4/18/20143 of us had lunch and we were all pleased with our lunch. One had a salad with kale and she was Delighted with the combination in her salad. The other also had a salad - w/chicken. There was A generous portion and she took some home. I had a cascades and they were very cooperative Making it the way I wanted it. The other 2 had tea and were pleased with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here with my girlfriendMattDined on 3/28/2014Came here with my girlfriend to get a burger. It was good, however it was way overpriced for what we got. If I want a burger, I think I'll stick to another restaurant where I can get better quality for a cheaper price. When we arrived, we were greeted and immediately served. Service was good. We ate and were out on our way within 45 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The Same Old Joe'sEanniebDined on 3/24/2014While the service was good, food was all right but overpriced. All sides are $4 extra which raises final bill significantly. Probably will not return.
- not happySarahcdVIPDined on 3/17/2014My burger was very disappointing very dry and kind of tough
- Mediocre Experienceisk1VIPDined on 3/8/2014We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive but not overbearing. The food was rather disappointing. We both ordered sandwiches; my partner's sweet potato fries were cold and not particularly good. The tuna sandwich was supposed to have wasabi but I certainly could not taste it. There are many other restaurants that offer a meal for similar prices with food that is much better. Will not be returning here again.
- Always DependableVegasVIPDined on 3/2/2014What myself and my family enjoy is the consistency of the food. You can always depend on fresh tasting entrees, salads, app and all. Even new ownership (I believe) has not changed. Portions are satisfying. A good all american choice.Special Features:
- Ran out of menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2014It was a busy night and I understand waiting 20 minutes past your reservation time to get seated, however, I do find it hard to comprehend how 3 hours into dinner service you run out of chicken. Was extremely disappointed that they did not have the key ingredient for the dish, I wish the waitress had told us prior to taking our order.
- Just OKBFFsDined on 3/1/2014Jumped on Open Table to find a place in Dedham area where we wouldn't have to wait. Got a 6:45 reservation for Joe's American Bar and Grill. Reservation worked well. Walked in and were seated right away. Overall experience just OK....bread plates had a dirty film on them...all had to go back. Waitress was sweet, but not great. She ended up spilling soy sauce on my husband's lap, but did apologize profusely. Food overpriced...just OK. We left agreeing it was OK, but not necessarily a place we'd go back to anytime soon. Not Your Average Joe's definitely has this chain beat.
- Host was rude and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014Host was rude and the food is way over priced for such small portions of average quality.
- Better for lunch than dinnerSueBDined on 2/27/2014The dark wood old-library-feel is comfortable any time of day, but we get far, far better service at lunch and the portions at mid-day are every bit as generous as at dinner. The American Comfort Food (chilli, ribs, chicken pot pie) is satisfying, but the wine list is a major limitation. There are only American wines and all at a premium price. While it was a satisfactory evening, we will not hurry back.Special Features:
- Joe's was off this nightRyanVIPDined on 2/17/2014It wasn't Joe's best night. On the positive side, we were seated immediately, and all the staff was very friendly. The appetizer bread and the buffalo chicken fingers are always excellent, and they did not disappoint. It seems like the menu has recently had a makeover, and the prices have gone up significantly. The short rib with potatoes was good, but not great and overpriced. For some reason, our child's food came out a few minutes after everything else. They apologized, but it should have been the other way around. We will be back, but we'll probably stick to our standby of honey chicken salad or a burger. $9-$11 is a little steep for a glass of wine. The sandwiches are all more reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go there quite a bit lately,DempsDined on 2/14/2014We go there quite a bit lately, became they serve food late and it is on the way home from the hospital. In doing so we found that the food is pretty good! We all went back for Valentine's day as a family. THANKSSpecial Features:
- Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went here for valentines day. We had a reservation and were sat immediately. The restaurant was busy because of valentines day but it didn't have that busy feeling. Our server was fantastic - very personable and attentive. We started with some cocktails and nachos. The drinks were a bit weak and a tad expensive but still tasty (I got a rum runner). The lobster ravioli that I had was fantastic and my girlfriend's blackened chicken was seasoned just right. I would definitely recommend and I can't wait to dine againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Better then expectedDanielDined on 2/14/2014I have been to Joe's many times and have found it to be slightly above average on almost every dimension. It was not any where near the top of my list for a Valentine's dinner but I forgot to make reservations. So, we ended up there. What a wonderful surprise. The food was awesome and the service was as well. We had a very nice dinner and was pleased with everything.Special Features: