Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
985 Providence Hwy
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joesamerican.com/index.cfm/page/Home
- Phone: (781) 329-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Durazo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham
Joe's in Dedham is conveniently located on Route 1, directly off Route 128. Joe's is a local staple for fresh American cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Guests will enjoy our dining room with beautiful Tiffany chandeliers and stained glass windows, or guests can relax and watch the game in our large lounge area with four HD flat screen TV's. Our energetic bar is open until 1:00 am every day and is the perfect place to join friends for an after work cocktail or a quick lunch or dinner. Our location is close to several area hotels, shopping destinations and the Route 128 train station. We also offer a private dining room that accommodates 60 guests, it is the perfect setting for a business meeting, special occasion or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Joe's American Bar & Grill - Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Informal Business LunchGianLucaVIPDined on 2/12/2014Informal business lunch. Joe's American Bar & Grill is a safe spot for lunch. The service is good and fast, the dishes are predictable and the food is good. Good parking lot and easy to find a good table for the occasion.Special Features:
- Great for a late supper.HunterDined on 2/7/2014We were looking for a late dinner and this was the spot. The service was great and despite the hour, no one felt rushed. There were three of us and everyone was happy with their choices. I will say the my prime rib was a little disappointing but probably down to the last few slices at this time. Otherwise, everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say but never again.vickiDined on 2/1/2014Sad to say but never again. This place has changed so much over the past couple of years and this was the last straw. Took Filet off the menu !!! How could you do this? Bread was not done..very doughy. My 2nd choice of the sirloin was tough and not very good. My husband ordered a hamburger no roll and when it came it looked like a burger from burger king...didn't even bother to try and make this look appetizing...just because people have health issues their dinner still needs to look pleasing. Very poor presentation. The staff was very helpful but nothing can make up for no Filet
- LoveThisPlaceLuv2EatDined on 1/24/2014Great place to eat with the family! If my son could go there once a wk he would!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Dinner for 4TheDogDined on 1/18/2014We were looking last minute for a place in the Dedham area for an 8 PM reservation on a Saturday night and Joe's accommodated us! Service and food were solid as they usually are at Joe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsSusieSpeechDined on 1/1/2014Usually, Joe's is consistently excellent, across locations. For some reason, they were "off" today, both with regard to food and service. However, given their history, I'll certainly try them again. I'd never been disappointed before.Special Features:
- Used to be a decent place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Used to be a decent place. Has declined considerably. Won't stay open this way for long.
- XMas Eve at Joe'semvelezDined on 12/24/2013We have never gone out for Xmas eve before. I am very glad we picked our old favorite Joe's American in Dedham. Had a delicious meal, great service and a nice time overall. Plus they gave us a $20 gift card which was really nice and totally unexpected.Special Features:
- sure it was the afternoonserendipityVIPDined on 12/24/2013sure it was the afternoon of Christmas eve but the restaurant was not crowded when we arrived...service extremely slow, bread was still in the oven, food was ok but fries arrived cold and still waiting for another order when we left!...too many restaurants out there offering same kind of food so might as well go to the one that appreciates your coming.
- Good place for lunch. Widebaygirl21VIPDined on 12/19/2013Good place for lunch. Wide variety so something for everyone. Easy parking. New ownership has some additions on menu, but burgers, crab cakes and sandwiches are good choices. Downside is servers can be hit or miss, which seems to be the standard nowadays.Special Features:
- food is always good. However,cars0153VIPDined on 12/13/2013food is always good. However, found the size of my steak small for the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annual friends gatheringsusanDined on 12/13/2013Joe's is a friendly place where one can get american style food that is good and the environment is a place where one can get together and renew friendships. Good family gathering spot. Not high dining but fits the bill for a place that is easy to get to, centrally located for my purposes and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meeting spotladiesdayoutDined on 12/7/2013The convenient location makes this an ideal meeting spot to connect with friends and family during this busy holiday season. Our server connected with all ages in our party and helped to set the mood for a fun time. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, neglectful serviceBellaBDined on 12/6/2013The food here was good, not great but still good. Our server was very neglectful. She stopped by maybe 3 times the entire time we were there, once for drinks, once for food, and the last to give us our check (which too forever to get). She had a large party as we'll but did not seem to be present at their table either. I can understand if it had been a busy night but the restaurant appeared very slow.
- very pleasedmeeeDined on 11/24/2013We were very happy with a recent trip to Joe's. The service was excellent - happy and prompt. And the food was delicious. Even my kids were thrilled, and they tend to be picky eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderratednotafoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2013Joe's is a very solid choice for a casual dinnner or lunch. The food is always good to very good. Prices are more than reasonable. Our server last time was outstanding. Lots of personality and just an excellent representative for the restaurant. We would go back in a second.Special Features:
- Able to accomodate big groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Even on a Friday evening, we were able to make a reservation for 10 people. Great space.Special Features:
- Joe's still delivers good foodLuluDined on 11/16/2013We enjoyed our meal. It's not fancy, but if you want a decent burger or to customize your meal - Joe's is a good place to go. One of our party has a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating and even have a dedicated fryer (love those sweet potato fries). Also have a decent selection of beer and wine.
- Better than reviewsSweetpeaVIPDined on 11/9/2013We almost didn't eat at this place because of the reviews. Boy am I glad we did - all four of us really enjoyed our meals. The food was wonderful.
- Yummy!gailDined on 10/26/2013The Joe's in Dedham is terrific. Delicious ribs, very ample portions, convenient, accommodating. The prime rib was delicious, as well. The noise level was high, but the restaurant was busy. Once the crowd died down, so did the noise level. Considering the number of people, wait staff was very helpful. On the flip side, the Joe's in Braintree was a different story and we won't go back again. They forgot to bring one of the meals so 3 people were eating while one was watching; forgot to bring knives for the prime rib (which wasn't terrific), the waiter must have been new because he never came over to ask if we needed anything. When all is said and done, we'll be back to Joe's in Dedham very soon. It's wonderful as is the help!Special Features:
- Our appetizers, meals & wineMollygirlDined on 9/17/2013Our appetizers, meals & wine were very good. service was excellent. Definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Sandwich (second review)ALANVIPDined on 9/12/2013First, I want to thank Joe's for the make good on the Cajun rub fish sandwich. For those diners who have expectations of a fine experience with the entrée, you may want to consider another. Once again the cod (not halibut as before) was dry, and the cold slaw (again) was also dry and tasteless. The burgers are great, as is most every other entrée. I still love Joes, and will continue use going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was quite good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2013The food was quite good and a great value at the price. The restaurant itself is very nice and works well for small or large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food...high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2013I find the food just ok, particularly when being charged such high prices. If it weren't for the location, it would not be a restaurant I'd visit often. It's just ok.
- Cajun Fish QuestionALANVIPDined on 8/27/2013First, let me say, that I love Joes....and I am hung up on the Cajun fish sandwich with a side of cold slaw. Usually the fish is haddock, and the Cajun seasoning works; this time it apparently was cod....really not good--was dried out. The "creamy" cold slaw was not creamy, but dry and tasteless....did I complain...just a passing comment about the cold slaw....will I return...of course.....been coming to Joes when it was JC Hillarys......this was a friendly FYI.Special Features:
- Near-Perfect meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013Great location with access from all directions. Food & Drink options and quality are quite good. Hostess & Wait-service very courteous & accomodating. Unfortunately timing included family with two toddlers that were screamers with no adult supervision as they were totally uncaring of the situation. Just unlucky coincidence.Special Features:
- Overall good mealslin9999Dined on 8/13/2013We met another couple for a casual dinner at 6:00 on a Tuesday night. We made a reservation but probably wouldn't have needed one until 7:00 or so. By then the dining area was fairly full with different size families and groups. Our waitress was very attentive without being overbearing. I had the baby back ribs which were awesome, the guys had burgers which were very good and filling and another had a chicken pasta dish of which she finished every bite. Although they don't offer Malbec by the glass anymore the wine list was okay. We all felt the menu was quite varied and the the food was a good value.Special Features:
- You can always depend on Joe'sEastCoastGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2013The food choices are excellent and the meals and sandwiches are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New management, new menu.KarenVIPDined on 7/6/2013New management, new menu. Prime rib was very very good, however the kitchen sent out an old cold baked potato! Never should have seen the dining room. It's replacement was PERFECT! Ruben was tasty but lacked the portion of fillings the we came to expect. Our server was less than attentive, and had to be tracked down to replace the potato and then to get the check. Would return, good place for a bite after a movie or to meet friends.Special Features:
- Poor service but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013The experience started out well and the server greeted us within a minute of being seated. The hosts were very accommodating. After we ordered, everything fell apart. After 30 minutes, I got up to ask about our food. There was a bit of scrambling by the hosts but it took ten more minutes to be served our dinner. I hope they are able to remedy the service issue because the food was good!
- Good for a meeting at lunch.DrBobDined on 6/24/2013We had a customer meeting about an ongoing project. It needed to be a place with good food that our customer from NJ could find without a lot of hassle. This worked out well both in terms of the food and in being able to have our discussion without a lot of distractions. I would do this again.Special Features:
- Really Bad ServiceSMACVIPDined on 6/16/20139 minutes to be greeted, 19 minutes for drinks without even an acknolegement of a delay. Food arrived on top of salads and no awareness of how service was. Most of the staff huddled in corner while tables went unnoticed. Poor!
- Chose this as a convenientUMparentVIPDined on 6/14/2013Chose this as a convenient location to Legacy Place. If you are going to eat here I suggest you order a basic meal. My husband ordered a burger and enjoyed it while my daughter ordered a salad with tuna on it that was overcooked. The mussel appetizer was edible but needed some flavor. It took a long time for the waitress to return to the table and take our order.
- Rainy night dinnerwestbridgeyumDined on 6/7/2013Joe's was a perfect place to meet family from out of town on a very stormy night. We all arrived a little early and Joe's took us right away. Our server Sully was the best! Great service, the food was good as always and the price is reasonable. Thanks Joe's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and slow serviceReggieDined on 5/23/2013We waited awhile before we saw our server and then even longer for our drinks. Food was good, but the need more staff