Joe’s American Bar and Grill – Braintree
250 Granite Street
Braintree, MA 02184Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe’s American Bar and Grill – Braintree
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://joesamerican.com/
- Phone: 7818480200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Joe’s American Bar and Grill – Braintree
Joe's American Bar & Grill in the South Shore Plaza in Braintree offers guests the perfect respite after a busy day of shopping. The casual atmosphere, featuring an open kitchen, and a menu offering classic American favorites is the perfect setting for a large gathering of friends. We also feature five large flat screen TV's for the sports enthusiast as well as a large outdoor patio for the alfresco aficionado. Joe's Braintree is the perfect choice for a casual lunch, cocktails after work, a family dinner or gathering of friends. We offer takeout for brunch, lunch and dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Joe’s American Bar and Grill – Braintree reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014the burger was very greasy and the sweet potato fries were cold and soggy-the coffee was excellent as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- Very goodSmitshDined on 10/17/2014We went one evening with our baby and the waitress was very nice and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service, but ok after allMinXVIPDined on 10/12/2014our waiter was nice and had a good attitude, though he could have been more attentive. food was good, but we wanted to order a half rack of ribs (a previously offered menu item), but were not allowed to order one... as they only offer a full rack now - it was too bad they wouldn't accommodate, but at least the ribs were pretty good.
- Very DisappointedBostonFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We know what we are in for when we go to Joes American Bar and Grill - family friendly, decent food and respectable service. Our visit for lunch on Saturday October 11 was horrendous! We will never go back to that restaurant.
- Braintree, MAtld69Dined on 10/4/2014My 10-year-old son ordered directly with the waitress. He ordered a hamburger with French fries. When his food arrived it was a cheeseburger. He was extremely disappointed because his order was not correct. However, he received a replacement burger within 5 minutes. Hopefully next time either the waitress or the cook will get that correct especially since it is on the kids meal. This was not a special request. Other than that mishap, I was extremely pleased with the food and service. I brought home my leftovers, which were chicken, ziti and broccoli. It tasted even better reheated! We will definitely come back and use open table for our next reservation.Special Features:
- Great timeGerardDined on 8/20/2014We have a large party and it was handled well. Except for steak that needed to go back, all were very happy with the food. Portions are sizable and quality was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Summer NightMorganVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went to late dinner on Thursday night and had the patio to ourselves. The waitress was very personable and had a quirky personality that I personally enjoyed but my friend was not so sure about. She was honest about drink recommendations, which I always appreciate. I usually always get the Berry Sangria but I tired the Skinny Pineapple Mojito and was not disappointed. I ordered my usual Kale & Quinoa salad and was surprised by how much larger the portion was than the same meal at Waterfront location! Service was quick but then again it was very quiet, maybe 2-4 other tables full. I liked how even though it was getting late we were not rushed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Walked in Staff friendly from enter the resturant to leaving. food quality - good , service - good.
- Great and consistentdtibDined on 8/2/2014We go to Joe's occasionally and the food is always good. Service is great and dessert is great. Always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Joe’s American Bar and Grill – Braintree reviews archive.
- waitress was superlativeMarcia24VIPDined on 6/21/2014waitress was attentive and proactive with food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchWineGirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014went for lunch with a friend. although the place wasnt full we were seated at a high table near the bar instead of a table or booth. The table was sticky but the waiter gladly cleaned it. My set of silverware was disgusting. the waiter replaced it. The spoon in that set was also dirty but I didnt need it so I didnt bother the waiter. The waiter was clearly knowledgable in wine. food was mediocre. my salmon was over done and im glad i ordered the sauce on the side otherwise it would have been too rich.
- Tried Something Newmike95Dined on 5/16/2014Friday night was the first night I ever went to Joe's Bar and Grill. Every time I went to the plaza I always saw it but never went in to try the food. I took my girlfriend along with me for a date night and we were greeted at the door and seated to our table with no problem, a made a reservation online which was ten times easier than calling; and speaking of the reservation I made it at eleven that friday and got the reservation no problem, which I was shocked to find. Our waiter was very nice and the food was excellent. The only thing I would say was a flaw was the noise level, if you ever want to go on a romantic date, Joe's would not be a good chose.Special Features:
- Mothers Day DinnermomsDined on 5/11/2014My mother day was everything I could have hoped for. I spent it with my mom and sister out to eat dinner at Joes bar and Grill ofcourse it was crowed but we were serve with the best service and the food was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No prime RibJSullVIPDined on 5/4/2014We called ahead to make sure they had prime rib today Sunday as they only served on certain days in the past, the girl said they did but to our surprise after being seated we find they no longer serve it! Big sign on the wall still says PRIME RIB! So we decide to stay and order a steak, well not good, they were over cooked potatoes were dry but the spinach was good. I can get a better steak at a chain restaurant. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Best for date night or casual lunchMzNanzeeDined on 4/20/2014This venue was not the best choice for an Easter Sunday brunch/dinner. The ham dinners were dry and overcooked. We have eaten here before and found it to be good for burgers, and assorted pub food. This particular time we were disappointed in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodGrannyDined on 4/5/2014We go to Joe's a few times a year, but only if we have errands at the mall. This dinner was ver good, as usual, with one exception. I had a house salad with steak, and the steak was unpleasantly tough. The salad was lovely, and the steak part of the bill was comped, so I left our grad as very good.Special Features:
- Better that averageShoremanDined on 4/2/2014Joe's Bar and Grill is a longstanding staple in the area. They offer a higher quality atmosphere for a straight forward better than average lunch. Thy have a great bar menu, salads that are consistently good, burgers that are great and also offer a menu to please the dinner for lunch size crowd. I love their steak fries. net time you need a break from the Braintree mall food court head to Joe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice OasisDpat38VIPDined on 3/29/2014Excellent value and escape from the craziness at South Shore Plaza. Excellent service. Crazy busy on weekends.Special Features:
- Girls night outPJF414Dined on 3/6/2014My two sisters and I met here for dinner. The food and service were very good -- the portions were huge! The ambience is relaxed and conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningNSdiner23Dined on 2/23/2014We travelled a distance to meet friends here and were very disappointed with the quality of the food, and especially the service. We waited forever for bread and had to ask many times for a glass of water. Everything came at a different time and all of the side dishes, gravies, etc were served when we were almost finished with the meal. We were presented with the bill before we were ever asked if we wanted coffee or desert. This would not be a place that I would return to...
- Good food, too bad for the serviceBelgiumVIPDined on 2/21/2014Good food (exactly what you expect from Joe's), nice ambience, but it's a pity that this time the service was poor (no water, no bread (even not after asking for it), discussion if Zinfandel 'Folie a Deux' was available by the glass or not, having to ask for ketchup while eating fries, ketchup taken away before I was finished). We definitely go back but will hope for another waiter/waitress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisenchantedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I used to love going to joe's during the weekends for their 16oz King Cut Prime Rib, and it was the best Prime Rib around, no contest. They also had these incredible Sangria's that were hand crafted works of art, my favorite was the Back Bay Sangria, a delicious blend of wine and spirits that was made to order & garnished w/a lemon, lime and an orange. A bit on the pricey side, but it was well worth It. My most recent visit, however, will definitely be my last. The corporate takeover robbed the place of all its "American" charms. No more King Cuts, at all & the 12oz was sold out before 7:30pm! The so called "Back Bay Sangria" was a premixture served in half the glass for the same $. They kept the name and changed everything it stood for
- Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/30/2014I'm usually a fan of the Back Bay Restaurant Group, but this was one of the most disappointing food experiences I've had in quite a while. The food quality was pretty poor, and the presentation was lacking. No grace in anything.
- ReviewGabiDined on 1/24/2014It's a great place. They got rid of one of their sandwiches which was a great, not sure why they did that. It is a cool place to watch the game and eat, or just hang out.Special Features:
- Reliably goodGrannyDined on 1/24/2014We like Joe's, at least the Braintree one. Others have missed the mark. The menu has recently been changed by the new owners, and is a bit less varied, and a bit more expensive, but the food is still good, and the bread is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but loud environmentbeantownbrownieDined on 11/16/2013I really enjoyed the food at this location however the open floor plans means that everyone's conversation is affecting the volume level of the environment. Our waitress, who was great, had to circle around the table in order to get everyone's order.Special Features:
- Interesting . . .SeptuagenerianDined on 11/12/2013Value should be added to recommendations above. A short but adequate wine list was reasonably priced. P rior Joe's experience limited to quick meals before Providence Bruins games. Two of us followed form and ordered from the regular menu and were not disappointed. The third ordered the evening's special and was rewarded with perfectly prepared and presented dinner of seared scallops with a coconut , lime and cilantro topping served with jasmine rice. Yummy ! At $23 it seemed out of place with the significantly lower priced entrees on the menu. When one considers the current $18 +/- per pound cost of scallops it was bargain priced. Service by our field hockey veteran waitress was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's American Bar & GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013Joe's American Bar & Grill has a very convenient location @ South Shore Plaza in Braintree. The food was good, as was the service but the atmostphere was pretty noisey.Special Features: