Joe Muer Seafood
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 1404
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Joe Muer Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://joemuer.com/
- Phone: 3135676837x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Service to your home, office or hotel suite. Please call our event coordinator for details
- Private Party Facilities: Joe Muer Seafood offers several opportunities for private dining and special events. Private boardrooms, complete with A/V, and large open rooms with Riverfront views are available for Lunch and Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Ostin 3135676837x
- Entertainment: Live Piano nightly
- Cross Street: Jefferson Avenue
- Public Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available on Ren Cen Drive, or Discounted parking is available in the Miller Garage and enter Renaissance Center. Joe Muer Seafood is located in the 400 tower, next to the Marriot Lobby and entrance.
A word from Joe Muer Seafood
Welcome to Joe Muer Seafood, Detroit's premiere seafood restaurant. We proudly continue a tradition of dining and service excellence that began in 1929. Enjoy classic fresh fish and creative seafood specialties, sparkling service, and the best riverfront views in Detroit. "Belly-up" and enjoy fresh shucked oysters at the traditional Raw Bar, or turn the corner and find a seat at our remarkable blue granite Sushi Bar. Spend part of the evening with new friends at the Piano Bar, but be sure to come early if you want to reminisce in the vintage "Joe Muer Lounge” Plan your next private event at Detroit's most beautiful dining space, The Ship Room at Joe Muer Seafood, or bring your event up to 175 guests to our Riverfront Room and enjoy beautiful views of the Detroit River and Windsor's Skyline. For a truly unique experience, dine in the kitchen at "Joe's Table" with 10 of your culinary companions. Dining at Joe Muer Seafood will be an experience to remember for another 90 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Joe Muer Seafood - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Joe Muer Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (228)special occasion (220)romantic (156)fit for foodies (111)notable wine list (108)good for groups (71)great for outdoor dining (60)hot spot (53)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary, the greeters were very friendly, server was nice, food was on point excellent taste. View was breathtaking while enjoying the piano player and eating our meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent service and product!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Went here with my fiancé for our 7 year anniversary and this place lived up to the hype. Excellent service and excellent food. Food is definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2014My online reservation indicated a special birthday for my wife. Request for a window table ignored. No mention of her birthday. No offer of piece of cake or anything. Long wait for bread and beans. we always order the same meal. For the 3rd time, side course arrived after we had eaten main courses. Bar drinks 1/3 less than before. Chopped salad 1/2 size than before. Complaint of slow service not responded to by manager or by anybody else. No offer of compensation. Most restaurants strive to go from good to great. Muers is going from great to just "good."Special Features:
- MrFoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014Simply the best and freshest seafood in the Detroit Metropolitan area.Special Features:
- Waited to go, can't wait to go backSeanMcDined on 10/25/2014If you are looking for a higher-end dining experience and love seafood this is the place. This was our first trip to the Detroit legend, despite hearing about it for years, and I have to say I was impressed. The prices in the end are as high as everyone says, but what you get for that price is worth your dollar. Everything was super fresh and prepared perfectly. Wait staff was attentive, but not in your face constantly, her timing was impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDennyDined on 10/25/2014Very nice and Expensive. Food was very good! The coleslaw extremely good, got to have again!!! Crab Claw was good but not that good for the cost, way over priced for one. The monk fish was to die for, highly recommended. Would I come back? Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The clam chowder soup was absolutely delicious. I had ordered the monk fish but found it too sweet. The waiter was very attentive and immediately put in an order for swordfish which was very good. We tried a Riesling which was not my favorite type of Riesling because it was way too sweet with an odd after taste. Overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love dining at Joe Muer. It is our favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent views and food Good wine and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at Joe Muer's with dinner and dessert. The signature coconut cake was awsome! will return just to get another slice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceFreqentflyerfriendDined on 10/21/2014Best seafood and view in Detroit. Ask for a booth along the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceaser salad with SalmonClaudeDined on 10/21/2014So I come to Joe Muers not often but I have been there enough times...and I tend to order a Ceaser salad most of the time because i love their dressing. This time I feel the salad was a lot smaller than usual and the plate seemed odd, it was as though a side plate was used for the salad. That was a dissappointment...Also, it took 45 minutes for our food, and that is way too long especially since the place was not packed when we had gotten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BETTER BESTEventsonthegoVIPDined on 10/20/2014Because of the strict regulations of the IRS, we, as Canadians, are only allowed in the U.S. for 182 days per year. Unfortunately, dinner out at Joe Muer counts as a day. Otherwise, we would be there once a week. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Detroit GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Beautiful setting. Elegant with exemplary service. Expensive. Not really a good place if you are dining with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceTBH1954Dined on 10/19/2014We used to love joe Muers, a great combo of fine food and marvelous service. However, last two visits, the service is slow, bored, disinterested. Our server had only two tables but still disappeared for 10 to 15 minutes at a stretch, never asked how our food was, and took 35 minutes to bring our check. When we asked about dessert, she brought the cart, and dismissively waved each selection over the table in a rush. The bus boys were friendlier and more attentive than the server. I expect more for close to $200 for two. You lost customers and we will badmouth the place to everyone now.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed!used2bafanDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, which I informed the staff of when I called to confirm my reservation. The server also confirmed this with us when he seated us, yet nothing of note was done for him. Last year, we also dined here, and the server then brought out a piece of cake with Happy Birthday written on plate. Little touches, but important nonetheless! Also, as a surprise, we were meeting my in-laws there. They arrived early, were seated at the bar, asked that they be notified when we arrived, yet as we were seated, we had to wait an hour(!) until my in-laws decided to follow up themselves to see if we'd arrived yet and then they came and sat themselves. Again, a little thing, but left a bad taste in our mouths!Special Features:
- Original Muer's Stays TrueSnowbirdieDined on 10/18/2014Three couples enjoyed a wonderfully delicious seafood meal at Joe Muer's on Saturday night. None of us had been to the "new" Muer's and we were all thoroughly impressed. The food was deliciously updated from the original Joe's menu and the restaurant space itself was metropolitan, lively and yet romantic. The view was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- love itMayyDined on 10/17/2014Perfect!!! Everything was perfect! View and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit's gem on the RiverJodiDivaDined on 10/17/2014I brought friends from out of town, and they were impressed not only with the view but the excellent service and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside11Dined on 10/15/2014The food, service and view made our dining experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Good, but expensive. No surprises, except at the end when we added it all up.
- Always top notchKrysta5Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is amazing!! The food, drinks and service is all a 10 out 10. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedfoodisluvDined on 10/11/2014I had heard great things about this restaurant and chose it for my birthday dinner. I was not impressed. With prices like this, I expect a lot. It was nearly $300 for four of us for dinner and only two of us ordered drinks. The salad greens did not taste fresh. The fish was good, but nothing to flip over. The service was unbearably slow. It took 45 minutes for us to receive coffee and dessert after we finished our entrees. Also, although the dress code specifies business casual, it was not enforced. So why bother? You can get the same meal at Bone Fish Grill or Mitchell's for half the price. I wanted to like this place, but will not return.Special Features:
- Joe MuersANNARBORFOODIEDined on 10/10/2014Very nice restaurant. We had read previous reviews which were mixed- some very good, some suggesting poor service etc. We had requested a window table -ended up next row back, but still an excellent view of the Detroit River and Windsor. The service was fine and food was very good. Prices were at high end-my wife and I each had the fish specials-prices were not mentioned by the waiter at the outset-each was $47. Wine selections were good but again expensive- bottle of Zin that retails for $32 was $75 - certainly would do this only on very special occasions.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceTflipDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food & service! My wife & I went there for our anniversary and we truly enjoyed the experience. Timothy our server was top notch and had great meal suggestions. We love the view of the Detroit river!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014I ordered the fish and chips for lunch and was a little disappointed with the fish, it seemed to have a lot of breading and a little fish, and the breading was quite greasy. I would not recommend the fish and chips to others.Special Features:
- City gem with Incredible serviceFBistroDined on 10/6/2014Breathtaking view of the Detroit river and Canada. The service was the best I've ever received from ANY restaurant. I wish I was able to remember our server's name. He had extensive knowledge of the menu and the history of the restaurant itself. I was very impressed and so was my date. The Food was incredible. Swordfish was prepared and presented "perfectly". My date's Salmon was among if not thee best we've ever had... but nothing compares to their in-house made Coconut Cake. A tradition their's for years and now we both know why. Joe Muer's has been one of the most pleasant restaurant experience that I've ever had. Thank you. I thought the portions could have been a bit larger but then again I am a big eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLAD IT' S BACK missed joe muersCJMJDined on 10/5/2014long time coming to go to a frequent place we had in the past when it was on around grand blvd downtown. brought my wife for her birthday, and again Joe Muer's is second to none. first class all the way. great food, excellent staff, and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayJoyJoyDined on 10/4/2014The food and ambiance at Joe Muer was amazing. We were extremely pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2pickyvDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was classy, food was first rate and our table overlooking the river was fantastic. Our overall dining experience was perfect. I'd like to thank Michael, our waiter, for making our first visit to Muer's at this location a most memorable evening. Thanks for keeping some older traditions alive - shrimp Ilene, stuffed flounder, creamed spinach, and hummers! We'll be back.Special Features:
- CharlesDined on 10/4/2014From all the restaurant I've been to in Michigan, this place has been one of the top of the line restaurant I've been to so far while living in this state for 2 1/2 years so far. I enjoyed my dinning, great service couldn't ask for anything better. Love it!!!Special Features:
- Special occasionDrDaman01Dined on 10/3/2014Very nice place for date night. Great experience! We would definitely do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST!GrammaKatDined on 10/2/2014Joe Muer has the freshest sea food, the best preparations, the best service, just a fabulous place for fine dining!Special Features:
- Don't miss this placeEataholicDined on 10/2/2014Typically I'm a great Yelp fan and use it regularly to find gems in places I travel to. As I recall, Joe Muer isn't even in the top 10 on Yelp and - as an anointed food snob - I can safely say that after two visits this is one of the finest seafood restaurants I've had the pleasure to dine at. Completely inexplicable to me why this isn't one of the go-to places on anyone's social media site for the city of Detroit. The coconut cake on a pedestal at the door deserves the accolade. Buy it, share it, or take some home but don't pass if you're at all a fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was great, food was greatAhmadDined on 10/1/2014Waitress was great, food was great, would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShotcallersDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is really great. The view was wonderful. The music was good. The service was very good. The entire evening was great. I look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchTheChiefDinesOutDined on 9/30/2014Food was as excellent as expected, did have a disappearing server, but all worked out well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014excellent food, great service, and the staff was very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight ateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Perfect view. Quality service. Food exceeded expectations. Noise level good for conversation. Live piano added to ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAngGDined on 9/26/2014Food is always delicious. You must get the coconut cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.