Joe Muer Seafood
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 1404
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Joe Muer Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://joemuer.com/
- Phone: 3135676837x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Service to your home, office or hotel suite. Please call our event coordinator for details
- Private Party Facilities: Joe Muer Seafood offers several opportunities for private dining and special events. Private boardrooms, complete with A/V, and large open rooms with Riverfront views are available for Lunch and Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Ostin 3135676837x
- Entertainment: Live Piano nightly
- Cross Street: Jefferson Avenue
- Public Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available on Ren Cen Drive, or Discounted parking is available in the Miller Garage and enter Renaissance Center. Joe Muer Seafood is located in the 400 tower, next to the Marriot Lobby and entrance.
A word from Joe Muer Seafood
Welcome to Joe Muer Seafood, Detroit's premiere seafood restaurant. We proudly continue a tradition of dining and service excellence that began in 1929. Enjoy classic fresh fish and creative seafood specialties, sparkling service, and the best riverfront views in Detroit. "Belly-up" and enjoy fresh shucked oysters at the traditional Raw Bar, or turn the corner and find a seat at our remarkable blue granite Sushi Bar. Spend part of the evening with new friends at the Piano Bar, but be sure to come early if you want to reminisce in the vintage "Joe Muer Lounge” Plan your next private event at Detroit's most beautiful dining space, The Ship Room at Joe Muer Seafood, or bring your event up to 175 guests to our Riverfront Room and enjoy beautiful views of the Detroit River and Windsor's Skyline. For a truly unique experience, dine in the kitchen at "Joe's Table" with 10 of your culinary companions. Dining at Joe Muer Seafood will be an experience to remember for another 90 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Joe Muer Seafood - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Joe Muer Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (239)special occasion (214)romantic (154)notable wine list (111)fit for foodies (107)great for outdoor dining (82)good for groups (76)hot spot (49)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Declining landmark restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have been many times to Joe Muers over the years and was unimpressed at my latest dining experience. Despite there being what was seemingly an over staffed restaurant with people cluttering in between tables, the service was just ok. The restaurant positions itself as a fine dining establishment and needs to have fine dining staff to bring it home. The food in the past was always good but the other night everything was very mediocre. Again, for the cost of the meal and the air of prestige, the restaurant did not live up to its name. Lastly, I was there for a special occasion on my wifes birthday. I had called to verify twice prior to the reservation date to get a table by the window overlooking the water, and was shoved in a corner
- Always a great mealVERYTASTYDined on 9/19/2014Have loved Joe Muer's for many years. I've been to this one several times since the reopening. Always great food and fantastic service. And yes, the deserts are to die for so save plenty of room from the bountiful meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Had a table for 6 on the window, overlooking the water. A great time with great friends, they loved it, and things couldn't have been any better. Great food, great service, exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Not overly impressedannabelleDined on 9/18/2014We went to Joe Muer's because of all of the television ads currently running. We arrived on time and having asked for a table by the window, we were seated two tables back. This was a early seating 5.30 p.m. We found it very loud, as the bar was not too far away. The food was excellent, only complaint was the soup was warm at best and the lobster corndog was cold. Very limited beer selection, but over all the service was outstanding. Would we go back, not likely. In my opinion very over rated and pricey.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermimiDined on 9/14/2014We have dined at Joe Muer for several wedding anniversaries because the food is delicious and they always know how to make an special occasion extra special. Our oysters were delicious, salmon dinner was great, and we were presented with a beautiful dessert platter with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Very pleasantly surprised to find great dinning at a very reasonable price. Your staff really made our day special. You need to give Amanda a raise..she is a very good server!! We will be back. Tige & ColleenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchpamelammiDined on 9/14/2014We went here for Sunday brunch, and had a very nice experience. The service was great, and the food was good. There were four of us in our party and we all ordered different items. I had the steak and eggs which was actually in a skillet. It was not wonderful but the Muer eggs benedict looked, and I was told, was great. The standard eggs benedict verdict was real good, and the pancakes with strawberries and cream too. The apple wood bacon sides quite tasty as well. There were three adults in our party and we all indulged in the 2 hour mimosa service. These were nice and our server kept them coming as needed. We would definitely return here for another Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- travlerDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good selection, nice presentation, pleasant wait staff.. cocktails were a little pricey- a martini was $12-$14Special Features:
- Amazing!Seafoodlovers522Dined on 9/12/2014We loved everything about it! The service was excellent and the food was superb! It has a beautiful view of the city! We eat at a lot of different seafood restaurants. We've been to plenty out if state ones also and Joe Muer is at the top of our list of favorites! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesRusDined on 9/12/2014Always exceptional food, great atmosphere for both lunch and dinner. Though I prefer to go there for dinner, the costs may be too high for some; I would recommend going for lunch instead so that you can still enjoy this exceptional restaurant.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 9/6/2014For the first time, we got a table by the window & it made all the difference. So romantic! The food was delicious but so expensive. We enjoyed the mussels & ceviche, the whitefish & trout & creamed spinach. The wine choices were good, but pricey but the service was very competent. A pet peeve remains: why don't they serve the original recipe of the beans & really, such a skimpy serving? That is a very tacky message to loyal customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Joe Muer has pretty much become to the place my wife and I go for special occasion dinners. It never disappointing. From the food to the service, it's excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedsaddDined on 9/6/2014I heard good things about Joe Muer & decided to come here for my anniversary... My wife & I were disappointed in the service (our waitress got our order wrong a few times) also, the food was not up to par... The filets were over cooked, the chopped salad tasted like it came right out of a bag and dumped on the plate. We also requested a booth a while before our reservation & did not get it. Will not be coming back. Eddie Merlot & Ocean Prime blow this place away.
- Best ever.17820Dined on 9/4/2014Perhaps the finest meal we ever had in Michigan. Friendly efficient service combined with wonderful food. My Dover Sole was truly amazing. We are in our early 60's and have been everywhere. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This was a first time for the Kids. They were overwhelmed with the whole experience. The waiter was a 55 year old man. And he was on his A Game. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown FavoritergdinerDined on 8/31/2014Joe Muer's does it all right from the food to professional staff you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesomebeaut1982Dined on 8/30/2014The food, service and overall ambiance was awesome! We came for a birthday celebration and the dining experience made the night memorable! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.ChezsDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our webbing anniversary there. I must say it was just perfect. Food and drinks were outstanding. We had the best time, our waitress Jackie was so nice and friendly. She did a fantastic job on every aspect. I could not have been any better. Can’t wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceChchDined on 8/29/2014Our service was amazing! We had Calvin and he made sure our night was perfect! From recommending great wine to my main dish he was great. We especially appreciated that we did not feel rushed! He gave us time to enjoy our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerJbabyDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. Everything was wonderful. We both were happy with the service and food. Everything tasted delicious. My husband ordered lamb chops and I had the dynamite sushi roll. We had calamari as an appetizer along with Caesar salads. I love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davecDined on 8/29/2014Great food, no complaints. will be going there againSpecial Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014My wife and I treated close friends of ours for their birthdays. They had never been to Joe Meurs. They left having been well fed and suitably impressed. We made plans to return for a pre-Christmas celebratory dinner evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ADetroitButterflyDined on 8/28/2014I was impressed with the varierty of food on the menu. The service was excellent from the hostesses to the bus boys. The food was prepared exactly as requested. Our waiter was very professional, knowledgelable, courteous and very patient. If you looked around as though you had a question or needed something, any nearby staff came to your assistance. They perform as a team. I and my guests loved our entire experience. I made the right choice to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SwordfishDealmakerDined on 8/27/2014Great swordfish and excellent lobster bisque. This is also see and be seen placeSpecial Features:
- Night on the town!AngieDDined on 8/23/2014First visit to this location, and it was absolutely great! The food was outstanding, along with the service. The view of the Detroit River and Canada was beautiful! Valet parking is available right in front of the restaurant, which was a plus.Special Features:
- CAN'T GET ENOUGHEventsonthegoVIPDined on 8/23/2014I haven't been to Joe's in two months.............I was truly have withdrawal symptoms. Perfect Perch!!! My dining partner and I shared the escargot and it was not to my taste although the little mollusks were quite plump.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSpankyDined on 8/23/2014Joe Muer is for the true seafood lover! From the cold seafood bar to the lobster bisque soup! Even the water serviced is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Views.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food is great buy don't expect anything complimentary for your birthday... I went to Ocean Prime the next day & received my dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyableJackDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good and the wait staff was outstanding. Great views if you get a window table. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- not disappointedsteveoDined on 8/21/2014having returned to JM because of an earlier wonderful dinner, I was not disappointed this time--even tho I was not able to get a window table. the food was excellent, and all of the JM personnel were most helpful and obliging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViewQuietdinerDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful views of the Detroit river from Joe Muer's..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food was great, Amy was excellent, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorfoodieDined on 8/19/2014Sat outside on a beautiful Michigan afternoon, looking out at the Detroit River and into Windsor, Ontario. We had a leisurely lunch, a couple of bottles of Sancerre, and some delicious food, the perch for me. What really enhanced our meal was the well chosen music, perfect for Detroit and the setting outside. The volume was also just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeSaraila00Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great time at Joe Muer celebrating my husband's birthday. Food was delicious and as I requested on Open Table they brought dessert out with happy birthday written in chocolate while the pianist played happy birthday. Our server CJ was also very attentive charming and great at his job. I only wish our table was positioned more toward the view of the water. We off at an angle and couldn't see the Detroit river. I'm not sure if I needed to make that a request also but next time I will. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJava2Dined on 8/17/2014A great meal at the Joe's. Seafood was excellent. The scene of the river was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospheretzapDined on 8/17/2014We ate ouside for dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere, view and food. It was busy for a Sunday night, and after dinner it was nice to go indoors and listen to the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday afternoonLollyDined on 8/17/2014We were so pleased that our reservation was held for us as we were 25 min. late. We had a beautiful table outside and a great server. Our food was as expected (very good) and the drinks kept coming. No one could ask for a better summer afternoon.Special Features:
- ExcellentDineoutDined on 8/15/2014Joe muers is an excellent restaurant. Great place to go for a special occasion. Food and service is outstanding. Very pricey though. Dining there is an experience you don't find very often. The view is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' the RiverfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Arrived for 6:30 reservations and requested specific table for 2 on the patio so we could overlook the waterfront & have a great view of the band America playing on the riverfront in front of the RenCen. We were told our table was occupied at the time and we could wait in the bar, no sooner had we sat at the bar the head waiter came over & told us he was clearing our table & he would be back to seat us in a few minutes. We were seated and had the best view of the waterfront & stage from our little 2 top table on the corner of the balcony. We had impeccable service all evening from our waiter. We dined & drank an array of Appetizers all evening, and each had a wonderful dessert to top off the night. Absolute perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems like old timesSalchadDined on 8/15/2014Glad to enjoy the return of a Detroit classic. Though it has been reopened for a few years, this was our first visit. We thoroughly enjoyed all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.