Joe Muer Seafood
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 1404
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Joe Muer Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://joemuer.com/
- Phone: 3135676837x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Service to your home, office or hotel suite. Please call our event coordinator for details
- Private Party Facilities: Joe Muer Seafood offers several opportunities for private dining and special events. Private boardrooms, complete with A/V, and large open rooms with Riverfront views are available for Lunch and Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Ostin 3135676837x
- Entertainment: Live Piano nightly
- Cross Street: Jefferson Avenue
- Public Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available on Ren Cen Drive, or Discounted parking is available in the Miller Garage and enter Renaissance Center. Joe Muer Seafood is located in the 400 tower, next to the Marriot Lobby and entrance.
A word from Joe Muer Seafood
Welcome to Joe Muer Seafood, Detroit's premiere seafood restaurant. We proudly continue a tradition of dining and service excellence that began in 1929. Enjoy classic fresh fish and creative seafood specialties, sparkling service, and the best riverfront views in Detroit. "Belly-up" and enjoy fresh shucked oysters at the traditional Raw Bar, or turn the corner and find a seat at our remarkable blue granite Sushi Bar. Spend part of the evening with new friends at the Piano Bar, but be sure to come early if you want to reminisce in the vintage "Joe Muer Lounge” Plan your next private event at Detroit's most beautiful dining space, The Ship Room at Joe Muer Seafood, or bring your event up to 175 guests to our Riverfront Room and enjoy beautiful views of the Detroit River and Windsor's Skyline. For a truly unique experience, dine in the kitchen at "Joe's Table" with 10 of your culinary companions. Dining at Joe Muer Seafood will be an experience to remember for another 90 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Joe Muer Seafood - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Joe Muer Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (227)special occasion (218)romantic (153)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (106)good for groups (70)great for outdoor dining (69)hot spot (48)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (30)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Detroit GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Beautiful setting. Elegant with exemplary service. Expensive. Not really a good place if you are dining with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceTBH1954Dined on 10/19/2014We used to love joe Muers, a great combo of fine food and marvelous service. However, last two visits, the service is slow, bored, disinterested. Our server had only two tables but still disappeared for 10 to 15 minutes at a stretch, never asked how our food was, and took 35 minutes to bring our check. When we asked about dessert, she brought the cart, and dismissively waved each selection over the table in a rush. The bus boys were friendlier and more attentive than the server. I expect more for close to $200 for two. You lost customers and we will badmouth the place to everyone now.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, which I informed the staff of when I called to confirm my reservation. The server also confirmed this with us when he seated us, yet nothing of note was done for him. Last year, we also dined here, and the server then brought out a piece of cake with Happy Birthday written on plate. Little touches, but important nonetheless! Also, as a surprise, we were meeting my in-laws there. They arrived early, were seated at the bar, asked that they be notified when we arrived, yet as we were seated, we had to wait an hour(!) until my in-laws decided to follow up themselves to see if we'd arrived yet and then they came and sat themselves. Again, a little thing, but left a bad taste in our mouths!Special Features:
- Original Muer's Stays TrueSnowbirdieDined on 10/18/2014Three couples enjoyed a wonderfully delicious seafood meal at Joe Muer's on Saturday night. None of us had been to the "new" Muer's and we were all thoroughly impressed. The food was deliciously updated from the original Joe's menu and the restaurant space itself was metropolitan, lively and yet romantic. The view was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- love itMayyDined on 10/17/2014Perfect!!! Everything was perfect! View and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit's gem on the RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014I brought friends from out of town, and they were impressed not only with the view but the excellent service and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside11Dined on 10/15/2014The food, service and view made our dining experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Good, but expensive. No surprises, except at the end when we added it all up.
- Always top notchKrysta5Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is amazing!! The food, drinks and service is all a 10 out 10. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedfoodisluvDined on 10/11/2014I had heard great things about this restaurant and chose it for my birthday dinner. I was not impressed. With prices like this, I expect a lot. It was nearly $300 for four of us for dinner and only two of us ordered drinks. The salad greens did not taste fresh. The fish was good, but nothing to flip over. The service was unbearably slow. It took 45 minutes for us to receive coffee and dessert after we finished our entrees. Also, although the dress code specifies business casual, it was not enforced. So why bother? You can get the same meal at Bone Fish Grill or Mitchell's for half the price. I wanted to like this place, but will not return.Special Features:
- Joe MuersANNARBORFOODIEDined on 10/10/2014Very nice restaurant. We had read previous reviews which were mixed- some very good, some suggesting poor service etc. We had requested a window table -ended up next row back, but still an excellent view of the Detroit River and Windsor. The service was fine and food was very good. Prices were at high end-my wife and I each had the fish specials-prices were not mentioned by the waiter at the outset-each was $47. Wine selections were good but again expensive- bottle of Zin that retails for $32 was $75 - certainly would do this only on very special occasions.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceTflipDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food & service! My wife & I went there for our anniversary and we truly enjoyed the experience. Timothy our server was top notch and had great meal suggestions. We love the view of the Detroit river!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014I ordered the fish and chips for lunch and was a little disappointed with the fish, it seemed to have a lot of breading and a little fish, and the breading was quite greasy. I would not recommend the fish and chips to others.Special Features:
- City gem with Incredible serviceFBistroDined on 10/6/2014Breathtaking view of the Detroit river and Canada. The service was the best I've ever received from ANY restaurant. I wish I was able to remember our server's name. He had extensive knowledge of the menu and the history of the restaurant itself. I was very impressed and so was my date. The Food was incredible. Swordfish was prepared and presented "perfectly". My date's Salmon was among if not thee best we've ever had... but nothing compares to their in-house made Coconut Cake. A tradition their's for years and now we both know why. Joe Muer's has been one of the most pleasant restaurant experience that I've ever had. Thank you. I thought the portions could have been a bit larger but then again I am a big eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLAD IT' S BACK missed joe muersCJMJDined on 10/5/2014long time coming to go to a frequent place we had in the past when it was on around grand blvd downtown. brought my wife for her birthday, and again Joe Muer's is second to none. first class all the way. great food, excellent staff, and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayJoyJoyDined on 10/4/2014The food and ambiance at Joe Muer was amazing. We were extremely pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2pickyvDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was classy, food was first rate and our table overlooking the river was fantastic. Our overall dining experience was perfect. I'd like to thank Michael, our waiter, for making our first visit to Muer's at this location a most memorable evening. Thanks for keeping some older traditions alive - shrimp Ilene, stuffed flounder, creamed spinach, and hummers! We'll be back.Special Features:
- CharlesDined on 10/4/2014From all the restaurant I've been to in Michigan, this place has been one of the top of the line restaurant I've been to so far while living in this state for 2 1/2 years so far. I enjoyed my dinning, great service couldn't ask for anything better. Love it!!!Special Features:
- Special occasionDrDaman01Dined on 10/3/2014Very nice place for date night. Great experience! We would definitely do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST!GrammaKatDined on 10/2/2014Joe Muer has the freshest sea food, the best preparations, the best service, just a fabulous place for fine dining!Special Features:
- Don't miss this placeEataholicDined on 10/2/2014Typically I'm a great Yelp fan and use it regularly to find gems in places I travel to. As I recall, Joe Muer isn't even in the top 10 on Yelp and - as an anointed food snob - I can safely say that after two visits this is one of the finest seafood restaurants I've had the pleasure to dine at. Completely inexplicable to me why this isn't one of the go-to places on anyone's social media site for the city of Detroit. The coconut cake on a pedestal at the door deserves the accolade. Buy it, share it, or take some home but don't pass if you're at all a fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was great, food was greatAhmadDined on 10/1/2014Waitress was great, food was great, would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShotcallersDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is really great. The view was wonderful. The music was good. The service was very good. The entire evening was great. I look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchTheChiefDinesOutDined on 9/30/2014Food was as excellent as expected, did have a disappearing server, but all worked out well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014excellent food, great service, and the staff was very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight ateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Perfect view. Quality service. Food exceeded expectations. Noise level good for conversation. Live piano added to ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAngGDined on 9/26/2014Food is always delicious. You must get the coconut cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDowntownDined on 9/25/2014We were a group of four and had a seating with a lovely view. Service was prompt and excellent with many helpful suggestions. The wine menu was excellent with great variety with many different price levels. That being said, the food did not rise to the same level. We all had either soup or salad, the gazpacho was over seasoned with little of the actual vegetable taste apparent. We were unaware that main courses did not come with the usual starch , potato,rice, etc. Our bread basket was pulled immediately when the soup arrived and we were then left with no starches at all. We found the atmosphere lovely, but the food lacking.Special Features:
- packaging food to godifferentDined on 9/24/2014they dropped my food on the floor I honestly don't know if it was all of it or if it was just one item they only replace the one item but whatever it was okay this was when they were wrapping up our food to go that we hadn't eaten. valet parking is a joke you might as well park yourself across the street from the restaurant in the the garage and go get your own vehicle because it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get your car and bring it to you once you pay for itSpecial Features:
- A Classic Still Worth a LookMirsmusingsDined on 9/22/2014As Detroit has seen many of its best-known fine dining establishments disappear from the scene, it's nice to find a longstanding establishment that has maintained its quality. Although in a slightly different location than the original spot, Joe Muer's in the RenCen has maintained the highest level of service and quality of its offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMohammadDined on 9/21/2014It is sort of pricy but their food, service and the location is wonderful.Special Features:
- Declining landmark restaurantdisenchantedDined on 9/20/2014I have been many times to Joe Muers over the years and was unimpressed at my latest dining experience. Despite there being what was seemingly an over staffed restaurant with people cluttering in between tables, the service was just ok. The restaurant positions itself as a fine dining establishment and needs to have fine dining staff to bring it home. The food in the past was always good but the other night everything was very mediocre. Again, for the cost of the meal and the air of prestige, the restaurant did not live up to its name. Lastly, I was there for a special occasion on my wifes birthday. I had called to verify twice prior to the reservation date to get a table by the window overlooking the water, and was shoved in a corner
- Always a great mealVERYTASTYDined on 9/19/2014Have loved Joe Muer's for many years. I've been to this one several times since the reopening. Always great food and fantastic service. And yes, the deserts are to die for so save plenty of room from the bountiful meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutMarkDined on 9/19/2014Had a table for 6 on the window, overlooking the water. A great time with great friends, they loved it, and things couldn't have been any better. Great food, great service, exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchspecialdayDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a wonderful birthday lunch with a special lady. We had the grilled salmon and the swordfish special. Both excellent. River view was a bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly impressedannabelleDined on 9/18/2014We went to Joe Muer's because of all of the television ads currently running. We arrived on time and having asked for a table by the window, we were seated two tables back. This was a early seating 5.30 p.m. We found it very loud, as the bar was not too far away. The food was excellent, only complaint was the soup was warm at best and the lobster corndog was cold. Very limited beer selection, but over all the service was outstanding. Would we go back, not likely. In my opinion very over rated and pricey.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermimiDined on 9/14/2014We have dined at Joe Muer for several wedding anniversaries because the food is delicious and they always know how to make an special occasion extra special. Our oysters were delicious, salmon dinner was great, and we were presented with a beautiful dessert platter with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Very pleasantly surprised to find great dinning at a very reasonable price. Your staff really made our day special. You need to give Amanda a raise..she is a very good server!! We will be back. Tige & ColleenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchpamelammiDined on 9/14/2014We went here for Sunday brunch, and had a very nice experience. The service was great, and the food was good. There were four of us in our party and we all ordered different items. I had the steak and eggs which was actually in a skillet. It was not wonderful but the Muer eggs benedict looked, and I was told, was great. The standard eggs benedict verdict was real good, and the pancakes with strawberries and cream too. The apple wood bacon sides quite tasty as well. There were three adults in our party and we all indulged in the 2 hour mimosa service. These were nice and our server kept them coming as needed. We would definitely return here for another Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- travlerDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good selection, nice presentation, pleasant wait staff.. cocktails were a little pricey- a martini was $12-$14Special Features: