Joe Muer Seafood
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 1404
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Joe Muer Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://joemuer.com/
- Phone: (313) 567-6837
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Service to your home, office or hotel suite. Please call our event coordinator for details
- Private Party Facilities: Joe Muer Seafood offers several opportunities for private dining and special events. Private boardrooms, complete with A/V, and large open rooms with Riverfront views are available for Lunch and Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Ostin 3135676837x
- Entertainment: Live Piano nightly
- Cross Street: Jefferson Avenue
- Public Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking available on Ren Cen Drive, or Discounted parking is available in the Miller Garage and enter Renaissance Center. Joe Muer Seafood is located in the 400 tower, next to the Marriot Lobby and entrance.
A word from Joe Muer Seafood
Welcome to Joe Muer Seafood, Detroit's premiere seafood restaurant. We proudly continue a tradition of dining and service excellence that began in 1929. Enjoy classic fresh fish and creative seafood specialties, sparkling service, and the best riverfront views in Detroit. "Belly-up" and enjoy fresh shucked oysters at the traditional Raw Bar, or turn the corner and find a seat at our remarkable blue granite Sushi Bar. Spend part of the evening with new friends at the Piano Bar, but be sure to come early if you want to reminisce in the vintage "Joe Muer Lounge” Plan your next private event at Detroit's most beautiful dining space, The Ship Room at Joe Muer Seafood, or bring your event up to 175 guests to our Riverfront Room and enjoy beautiful views of the Detroit River and Windsor's Skyline. For a truly unique experience, dine in the kitchen at "Joe's Table" with 10 of your culinary companions. Dining at Joe Muer Seafood will be an experience to remember for another 90 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Joe Muer Seafood - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Joe Muer Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (226)special occasion (224)romantic (162)fit for foodies (119)notable wine list (104)good for groups (72)hot spot (55)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (27)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- The prefect night out1sttimeinNYDined on 11/22/2014We love Joe Muer`s... The food is always great, we love the view of the detroit river at night... The one thing that makes the evening perfect is our server... We always make sure we have Alyssa for our server... She is one in a million, always has suggestions on what to try and is truly amazing with her knowledge of wine... We will keep coming back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to remember....SusanKayDined on 11/22/2014This was our first visit to the "new" Joe Muer restaurant in the Renaissance Center. From the minute we arrived, we were impressed. Everyone from coat check attendant to wait staff were friendly and made you feel welcome. Crisp and clean uniforms were impressive. The dining room, sushi bar, and bar overlook the Detroit River, the lights and ambience were lovely. The dining room has lovely black and white marble flooring, and the walls were decorated with historic photos of the former Joe Muer. Our evening started with perfect martinis, nicely chilled. Our Waitress, Janet, was extremely knowledgable of the menu. We ordered both fresh oysters and the Oyster Rockefeller with a touch of Pernod, excellent. For dinner we had the Dover Sole and the Scallop and Short Rib combination, both were delicious. For the accompaniments we ordered creamed spinach and potato gratin dauphinois, both perfectly prepared. All I can say is that we had a wonderful dining experience, and our conversation at the end of the evening was when we would make a return visit with family and friends. You will not be disappointed with an evening at Joe Muer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ambianceDenmarieDined on 11/21/2014Delicious seafood and salad. I know I can count on quality seafood and I was not disappointed. Fresh, perfectly cooked buttery shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Everything was great. Food a little slow coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome2dineDined on 11/15/2014As always, FANTASTIC everything you wish for dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening was overall very enjoyable!ImpressedDined on 11/15/2014The food was top of the line and prepared to perfection. Staff was very attentive to the table at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKarenDined on 11/15/2014We wanted to go out for anniversary and all I wanted was lobster. A friend of mine recommended Joe Muer's not only for the food but also the view. We were not disappointed. The service was exceptional. The food was unbelievable! The view of the Detroit River and the ambiance of the restaurant were perfect! I won't be waiting another year to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goin4itDined on 11/15/2014As good as I can remember. Food and service beyond perfect. Good to see Joe Muers' back in the Detroit scene.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceDCeatingVIPDined on 11/15/2014Highly attentive and genuinely warm service. The Nantucket BEST scallops I've ever had (and I live in Boston!). It was a perfect experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthy ReplacementDaviemaxDined on 11/15/2014The new Joe Muer restaurant fits the bill as an upscale venue for a night on the town. We have eaten there several times and always enjoyed it. This time the menu selections were not up to Muer tradition of variety, but what we ordered was very good. Service generally excellent. There was a bit of bait-and-switch on the wine in terms of cost but the bottle we had was outstanding, so no regrets. The overall ambiance is very inviting. Piano Bar scene is just great for afterglow. As usual we had an excellent time. In summary, while it is not a direct copy of the original, in several ways the new restaurant is better. But also many of the good and desirable traditional characteristics have been preserved, and that is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointedMV2014Dined on 11/14/2014We booked dinner for a birthday celebration. Server was helpful when looking fir the best option but cocky and overbearing for most of dinner.... not a romantic dinner at all. Sometimes less is more. Food was good but ridiculously overpriced for something that wasn't melt in your mouth. Started with a sushi app which was delicious and melted in my mouth. After dinner when asked for dessert both of us were full and bill was brought over, no happy birthday sparkler surprise even if we didn't order dessert. I think this would still be common courtesy, nothing just the bill. A little dissapointed that this happened at this point after researching our best options for dinner in detroit. We left money in with the bill, server took and said he would be right back with change, 15 minutes went by and server appears without the change and says was there anything else I could get you? Yes our change and server says but there was only.... I'll be right back. Talk about bad manners! I tip for great service! If you say you will bring back change... bring it back!!!! Let the customer decide what tip to leave.Special Features:
- new experienceMoe009Dined on 11/13/2014The is My first time at Joe Muer restaurant. I had a great time and very quite and romantic.. the server was awesome and friendly I felt very comfertabke,,, the food was so delicious,,, the atmosphere was very romantic,,, the live piano was great,,, however first and last impression was not that good. I think this amassing restaurant should work a little more on how hostesses should greet guest when they walk in and wish them a good night when they leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014I have been here twice, both for special occasions and Joe Muer's has exceeded my expectations both times. Possibly the best service I have EVER had in a restaurant and exceptional seafood. It is pricy but I also felt that the food, service and ambience lived up to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAC1234Dined on 11/8/2014staff was extremely pleasant, however, service was not consistent. Food was subpar. I expected better. I will not return to this place.
- Joe Muer is outstandingdwimberDined on 11/8/2014Hello I enjoyed dining at Joe Muer Seafood it was my husband's birthday. I had the most scenic view the customer service was magnificent the food was great!!!!!! cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenttanniniDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Joe Muer's in Detroit. Everything from food to atmosphere was spot on. There scallops are amazing and dessert was indulgent! The only thing we found was the wine menu a bit unorganized. To order a glass of wine is a different menu than half bottles/entire bottles and not listed under white, red, rose, sparkling so you'd have to know each wine which is annoying. Other than that, we had a wonderful meal- service friendly and spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time in a weekOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/5/2014This visit had these great service as before. The food was great except for the Ahia Tuna. The grade of tuna was not at the level it needed to be. Let me just say it didn't sit well. My guest had the lobster and I was told it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodMonkeyDined on 11/3/2014Visited this resturant for dinner just before a night out on the town. We just order appetizers and sides since they are huge and everything was great. Waiter was also very nice and even took a picture of us outside, way over and above what would be expected.Special Features:
- Good seafood standbyfififluffDined on 11/2/2014We have been dining here for a couple of years, and are always pleased with the pleasant service and delicious seafood. The table side Dover Sole is always on our list of entrées. There is a lot of butter in everything, which is great - but filling. Mushrooms are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre show dinnerkarenzDined on 11/2/2014Very nice place - though feel it's a bit overpriced. Nice place for a special occasion with a great view. Ask for window seat if available.Special Features:
- Great Brunch MenuKowachedDined on 11/2/2014Jow Muers has always had a great dinner menu, but this was my first time trying them for Brunch, and they did not dissappoint. There were several unique breakfast items, and a few lunch items, everything that arrived at the table was perfect. I highly recommend trying their Easter or Mother's Day Brunch Buffet, I think it is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service was good. Fish was very fresh tasting but over priced.Special Features:
- Perfect NightSweetTeach99Dined on 11/1/2014We are going around the city hitting all the top spots to eat. Joe Muer held up to our expectations. We had wonderful food, wine, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy for not much on the plateFrequentDiner5Dined on 10/31/2014The food was ok, but very pricy for not very much. The wait staff was very attentive and kind.Special Features:
- mark from downriverdownriver10Dined on 10/30/2014Great view s of the Detroit river, very romantic. Food was great as well. Noise level was moderate. Live piano bar. Kinda pricey but worth it, on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe MuersPinckneyCoupleDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I had a great meal with great service. Prices maybe a little high be well worth it.Special Features:
- Anniversary nightDamonterrellDined on 10/28/2014We celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary, the greeters were very friendly, server was nice, food was on point excellent taste. View was breathtaking while enjoying the piano player and eating our meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent service and product!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Went here with my fiancé for our 7 year anniversary and this place lived up to the hype. Excellent service and excellent food. Food is definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddiner3VIPDined on 10/27/2014My online reservation indicated a special birthday for my wife. Request for a window table ignored. No mention of her birthday. No offer of piece of cake or anything. Long wait for bread and beans. we always order the same meal. For the 3rd time, side course arrived after we had eaten main courses. Bar drinks 1/3 less than before. Chopped salad 1/2 size than before. Complaint of slow service not responded to by manager or by anybody else. No offer of compensation. Most restaurants strive to go from good to great. Muers is going from great to just "good."Special Features:
- MrFoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014Simply the best and freshest seafood in the Detroit Metropolitan area.Special Features:
- Waited to go, can't wait to go backSeanMcDined on 10/25/2014If you are looking for a higher-end dining experience and love seafood this is the place. This was our first trip to the Detroit legend, despite hearing about it for years, and I have to say I was impressed. The prices in the end are as high as everyone says, but what you get for that price is worth your dollar. Everything was super fresh and prepared perfectly. Wait staff was attentive, but not in your face constantly, her timing was impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDennyDined on 10/25/2014Very nice and Expensive. Food was very good! The coleslaw extremely good, got to have again!!! Crab Claw was good but not that good for the cost, way over priced for one. The monk fish was to die for, highly recommended. Would I come back? Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The clam chowder soup was absolutely delicious. I had ordered the monk fish but found it too sweet. The waiter was very attentive and immediately put in an order for swordfish which was very good. We tried a Riesling which was not my favorite type of Riesling because it was way too sweet with an odd after taste. Overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love dining at Joe Muer. It is our favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent views and food Good wine and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at Joe Muer's with dinner and dessert. The signature coconut cake was awsome! will return just to get another slice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceFreqentflyerfriendDined on 10/21/2014Best seafood and view in Detroit. Ask for a booth along the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceaser salad with SalmonClaudeDined on 10/21/2014So I come to Joe Muers not often but I have been there enough times...and I tend to order a Ceaser salad most of the time because i love their dressing. This time I feel the salad was a lot smaller than usual and the plate seemed odd, it was as though a side plate was used for the salad. That was a dissappointment...Also, it took 45 minutes for our food, and that is way too long especially since the place was not packed when we had gotten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BETTER BESTEventsonthegoVIPDined on 10/20/2014Because of the strict regulations of the IRS, we, as Canadians, are only allowed in the U.S. for 182 days per year. Unfortunately, dinner out at Joe Muer counts as a day. Otherwise, we would be there once a week. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Detroit GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Beautiful setting. Elegant with exemplary service. Expensive. Not really a good place if you are dining with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.