445 N Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3128327700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch Served Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Farina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rosebud Catering & Events brings the rich flavors of Rosebud traditions beyond the familiar atmosphere of our restaurants to parties and events throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. We guarantee to bring the same quality and excitement of the "Rosebud experience" to every guest at your event whether it be a birthday celebration or a corporate meeting. Sample menus and current pricing are available by fax or e-mail. Contact Rosebud Catering & Events at 773-325-9700 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining space seating up to 30 guests will be avavilable for those looking for intimate wine dinners to larger social gatherings and events.
- Private Party Contact: Phyllis DeGeorge 7733259700x
- Special Events: Celebrate your special events with any of our Rosebud restaurants! We promise to make a most memorable event! Visit our website for more information www.rosebudrestaurants.com
- Cross Street: Illinois
- Public Transit: The Grand stop on the Red Line is .1 mile to the North East, on the corner of Grand Avenue and State Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available on Dearborn Street. The cost is $14 for the first three hours and $18 after three hours. Street parking is also available, but is often difficult.
A word from Joe Fish
Veteran Chef, Joe Farina and his talented team have designed a menu focused on fresh seafood flown in daily and prepared simply and tastefully, in the spirit of Italian and Mediterranean cooking. The menu showcases Farina's long-held seafood partners from coast to coast, all under one roof.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Joe Fish - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (84)hot spot (54)notable wine list (53)romantic (43)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (12)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is everything you want when you go out for a nice dinner. The atmosphere, the food, the service!! All superb! We ordered lots of different things to share and it was all just amazing. Calamari, Oysters Rockefeller, Blackened Swordfish, Scallops! And the bisquits are to die for! Great selection of wines and cocktails to top it off!Special Features:
- NO customer servicesfdrVIPDined on 8/29/2014Two out of six of us sent our main courses back. One was so over salty you couldn't eat it. The other was sea bass which tasted of iodine. The chef came out and insisted that was was the taste of a miso glaze. Don't know what planet she was from! The manager deftly avoided our table. No apology was ever offered for the fact that two of us never had dinner. Too many other good choices out there to waste your time and money on this one.
- Fantastic!GJ12VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service (Angelo is an outstanding server...a real "Chicago guy" who knows how to take care of a table!). Crab cake appetizer was fantastic! Can't wait to return!!
- Not greatabcdDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good but the place is noisy, touristy, kind-of-crude.Special Features:
- Joe FishMSJSLDined on 8/26/2014A very pretty place. Service impeccable. The special Cosmo martini one of the best ever. Lobster salad was excellent and the salmon quite good.It is a bit pricey. Mostly couples on a Tuesday night! MSJSLSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodAlexDined on 8/24/2014Amazing food, good service and beautiful place. Amazing food, good service and beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty FoodSaltyDined on 8/21/2014Would not go back, food would have been good if it wasn't overpowered by sea salt. Finally asked waiter that no salt be put on our entrees. Had the Halibut, it was over cooked and dry. The cocktails were weak, the wine pours were small.Special Features:
- AceroniDined on 8/16/2014We had a very nice time. It was our 1 year anniversary. The food was delicious, the drinks well made. Our server was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Very over priced Flavors were unique and well prepared Service was goodSpecial Features:
- Didn't like italaboosDined on 8/15/201417 dollars drinks, overcooked lobster, uncooked potato and very salty halibut. That's what we've got. They stuff as many tables as they could which made seating too close and uncomfortable.
- Please (don't) pass the saltsheeatsDined on 8/15/2014Pros: received attention right away with water and cocktail order. Waiter brought a delicious amuse bouche, a fabulous detail that more restaurants should offer. Cons: blackened swordfish was WAY to salty, not flavorful or 'blackened'. Not good value for the money. Very expensive considering mediocre flavor, ambience & overall experience.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent. Loved the crab cake, our meal, and the beef steak bacon salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find in River NorthHappyDined on 8/10/2014As former Marylanders, we didn't expect to find great crab in Chicago. Wonderful halibut and sole, terrific service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieVIPDined on 8/7/2014First time being at the restaurant we had a great server named Angelo who gave us great service and perfect suggestions. As I saw from the first suggestion that our server wasn't as knowledgable as he was ( the appetizer that was on special wasn't the quality I was expecting ) I ordered same fish I had the first time - but it was not what I had last time ( had no seasoning on it - same with the side wild rise ) I have to say it I was very disappointed - good thing was that my friend had a great fish that he shared with me.
- dinnig60611Dined on 8/4/2014I order dover sole--it had a large bone and the fish was "fishy". The dinner was very disappointing
- Joe goes to Joe FishJoeRiverNorthDined on 8/4/2014The Chilean Sea Bass Oscar style was fantastic. This was a professional outing and my out of town co-workers were very impressed. I'd highly recommend Joe Fish as a business dinner location or a nice date. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, even better serviceJakeinGRDined on 8/2/2014We have been to some wonderful places in NY, San Francisco, New Orleans and London. We have never had better crab cakes than those served at Joe Fish. Every dish we ordered was top notch. Wine list had intelligent design. Choices for lesser known regions so that good value could be found. We drank a Muscadet for only $ 40. Perfect for shellfish. Our server, David was knowledgeable and helpful but not obtrusive. He was a true professional who would scan the table from afar to see if I would make eye contact signaling that we wanted him. Otherwise he left us alone to enjoy an excellent meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was amazing - every dish was perfectly cooked. We couldn't decide who got the best dish of the night!Special Features:
- Couldn't ask for moreADROBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went to Joe Fish after a day of shopping. for a late night dinner. Service was oustanding with a friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. Food was equally great. My daughter ate up the lobster ravioli in a delicious cream sauce and I had a fantastic pan seared Branzino. We shared some sinfully rich white polenta (easily enough to share plus some)Special Features:
- cctCharlieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Service was horribly slow on the weeknight (a Wednesday) we were there. Took a half hour just to bring our drink order--but then it took a long time for them to actually take that drink order. Repeatedly, servers kept removing plates but not bringing food. We'd asked for more bread, given the long wait (basically an hour to get our dinner) and servers not only took away the initial plates but kept trying to take away the plates we'd asked for so we could get a refill on bread while we waited--without ever actually bringing us the bread until, finally, the meal actually showed up. Felt us they were trying to hustle us out without actually bringing our meal.Special Features:
- Best Surprise in ChicagoLuvRetirementVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were delighted to find Joe Fish not far from our hotel. We walked in and were greeted by a very friendly staff, who continued to be friendly and knowledgable and perfectly attentive throughout the meal. We were pleasantly surprised to see an extensive wine list. We had beefsteak tomatoes, with blue cheese, bacon, onion rings (what's not to like?) and the Branzino, which was a whole fish grilled, and filleted table side. Was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUtstandingtompVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is by far the best sea food restaurant in Chicago. The fish is so fresh and they have a great selection of oysters. The halibut was fresh and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Good Meal but PriceyMickroverDined on 7/25/2014Joe Fish is new to the Chicago restaurant scene. It is located in the former Tratorria space. The food (Dover Sole) was very good, but we were disappointed when we were shown to an undesirable table and told that the several open, more desirable tables were reserved for other patrons. When we insisted on a better table, the greeter relented, but not very graciously. We also found the restaurant to be pricey. We've had better Dover Sole elsewhere for much less than what we paid at Joe Fish.
- Dessert after showSheila0824VIPDined on 7/22/2014We stopped by Joe Fish after seeing motown the musical. About 10:30 pm. Staff welcomed us and let us order. Did not rush us snd went out of there way to be friendly. Delicious root beer float with salty caramel ice cream. Yummy biscuit and jelly. There regular bread service really delish. Will come back some time for a bigger mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTLG12Dined on 7/21/2014Our experience at Joe Fish was excellent on all fronts; service, food and ambience! It is now our fav seafood restaurant in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good!KimelizaVIPDined on 7/14/2014I had sea bass which was cooked phenomenally but was $46 with no side. You can easily spend $100 for a meal...albeit a good meal. I also ordered the broccolini/spinach side that was quite good. My neice ordered the lobster risotto which just "ok". They have a good wine list and the bar area is very nice as well. The cocktails were what you would expect, expertly served. Waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMRuizDined on 7/13/2014Great fish, and coming from Spain the bar was set quiet high. A must to do in Downtown Chicago for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was amazing. attentiveChicagofoodie4everDined on 7/13/2014Our waiter was attentive, not obtrusive. Gave us time to relax and enjoy our brunch. Loved sitting by open windows. Definitely bringing my parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCBurlsDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed Joe Fish. We had been looking forward to going there since it opened. The food was delicious and we left fat and happy. One thing I will say is that, we noticed our waiter not really caring to pay attention to us. Most likely because it was my girlfriend and I and we were sat next to a larger table ordering more food/drinks than us. We felt sort of put off that he never really asked us if needed anything, if our food came out okay, etc. We finished our appetizers and sat for maybe 15 minutes or so before he asked about taking our entree order. Drinks too a while as well. All things considered, it was a good evening and we would go back. It was just something we noticed and thought it was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014Brunch punch was amazing and so was lobster salad!! Loved our waiter Ahmed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New seafood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Inventive menu items. Portions are large as you might expect for a Rosebud place. Tables are tiny and crowded together. Service was very uneven. Gave us a bums rush from the start. Right after they delivered our starters, our entrees were delivered. After telling them we were not in a hurry, they did not bother to hold off, but instead jammed all the plates on our minuscule table. Crazy. Then when we got home we discovered that the items we asked them to wrap were not all there. Seriously, they need to work on a few issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!BkkkDined on 7/10/2014We had the Chef Tasting Menu and it was unbelievable! Flavors were amazing and everything was cooked to perfection. Very friendly service. Great wine menu. I highly recommend Joe Fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As In The PastSolidVIPDined on 7/9/2014First off, service was all over the place. Too many folks for one table with little coordination. Also did not appreciate the up sell on the oysters. The main courses were very good as always, but the sides were disappointing which is a shock. In the past some of the sides have been the side, especially the broccoli and spinach one. This time, everything this a little burnt which was again disappointing. This was my 4th eating her in 7 months, so I will go back to see if it was a fluke or the start of a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodCarolDined on 7/9/2014Excellent selection of seafood and attentive service.Special Features:
- Great placeMaggieVIPDined on 7/8/2014Amazing food and service by Angelo - he was very knowledgable - everything that he suggested was deliciousI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/8/2014attentive and knowledgeable service and great fish selection.Special Features:
- windycitympdVIPDined on 7/7/2014great service, great food, classic restaurant with an updated vibeSpecial Features:
- Joe is a smart FishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant with charm, great food and service. We enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodJK405VIPDined on 7/5/2014Good food and rather large portions. Enough leftovers for lunch for two the next day.Special Features:
- Joe Fish … DisappointingEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 7/5/2014A friend had recommended Joe Fish to my wife and I, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. Yes, the free small appetizer was a nice touch. The mussels were very large, but had little taste. Many of the prices are those of an expensive steak house, and I try not to frequent those kinds of places. Rarely does the food match the exorbitant pricing. Joe Fish charges $6.000 for an American cup of coffee. They should be ashamed.