502 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jirafferestaurant.com/
- Phone: 310-917-6671x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: Dinner: 5:30pm-9:30pm;
Friday: Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Raphael Lunetta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Private Chef and Catering opportunities are available. Contact us at 310-917-6671.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties in our mezzanine. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Special Events: Join Us on Monday's for our famous Farmers Market inspired Bistro Menu. $38 per person 3-Course menu.
(Regular menu also available)
Look for our thanksgiving, Sunday Brunch & Family Style Dinner Dec. 29th also NYE menu coming soon!
A word from JiRaffe
JiRaffe offers market directed rustic California/French food with seasonally inspired classic cocktails in a casually chic environment. The service is relaxed yet articulate and as elegant as the coastal community of Santa Monica.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
JiRaffe - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
JiRaffe reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (57)notable wine list (20)good for groups (14)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DaveDined on 10/18/2014Food was wonderful. Restaurant was much more noisy than I would have preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2014We had an excellent dinner. It was a birthday occasion. We have eaten there before and we have never been disappointed. The food was intelligently prepared and the portion were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentSesherDined on 10/11/2014We love dining at Jiraffe. The food is so exceptionally flavorful it just lights up the senses. Somehow they always get it right. Love the almond crusted trout. The Osso buco was tender and fell off the bone. The small ravioli stuffed with corn was spectacular though not particularly hot. The two special appetizers of tuna tartare and a lobster dumpling were also great. Servers are friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Still terrificAntonioDined on 10/6/2014As an admitted fracophile, JiRaffe epitomized the french bistro experience for me in Santa Monica. The current menu has been modernized which I respect in this market but I feel the food may have lost that "je ne sais quoi" that made it particularly special. The veritable tomato tart which used to have a remarkable flaky buttery crust is now lost under the burratta cheese. It is now presented beautifully but just isn't special any longer. An artichoke salad was plain and unexciting. My friends branzino and duck confit were excellent. The bread pudding dessert was delicious but not as a great as it good have been. The service is still excellent and I will continue to recommend JiRaffe as one of my favorites.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014JiRaffe continues to be a dependable restaurant for well prepared, quality ingredients food. Wait staff are pleasant, although Monday night the kitchen was slow. The menu is good, covering a range of preferences for diners.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MunchersVIPDined on 9/19/2014We greatly enjoyed the interesting atmosphere, superb service, & splendid food! Highly recommend this terrific restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousiEatfoodDined on 9/15/2014French Onion Soup was probably the best I've ever had and the entrees were delicious as well.Special Features:
- CDFJSF34Dined on 9/13/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Impeccable service. Creative, satisfying food wonderfully prepared. Mushroom capaccino to start courtesy of the house. Loved the duck appetizer with blue cheese sauce and the corn appetizer specials. For entrees we had the osso bucco which did fall off the bone and the filet. Chocolate Bombe for desert. Beautiful presentation--servings were just the right size. Definitely worth a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningMoakleymanVIPDined on 9/9/2014We asked for a quiet corner table and got it. Every dish was delicious, with nicely balanced flavors. When our daughter expressed her strong liking for the mushroom soup that had been served as an amuse-bouche, the restaurant was kind enough to let her have a bowl of it as her starter. The halibut and the trout were very fresh and prepared to perfection. The maître d' was very welcoming and downright funny; and our waitress, Paloma, was very pleasant and efficient. All good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A GemAndrewVIPDined on 9/8/2014Love Monday night bistro menu. The food really was terrific. It always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy food Updated menuSteveVIPDined on 9/4/2014Really nice dining. Easy location in Santa Monica. Fresh fish selection. Great new cocktails. Infused vodkasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, not exceptionalRebecca20somethingDined on 9/2/2014The service was excellent. The fish entree was very tasty. To start, we shared the shrimp pasta (recommended by the waitress and VERY delicious), and shared the burratta/tomato app, which was okay. The pastas were also just okay (had the Bolognese and Margarita Ravioli). I guess we ordered a few Italian meals at a non-Italian restaurant so that's why they weren't amazing. We also shared the Trout, which was extremely delicious. I think this place is a great go-to restaurant for a nice date out, or meeting up with a friend. My one recommendation is to stick to the Californian foods, because the Italian foods were just ok. I rated this based on the foods that I did enjoy and the service - 5 stars.
- ambience personifiedambiencepersonifiedDined on 8/26/2014A delightful small and cozy corner restaurant in busy downtown Santa Monica. We began our meal with a delightful spinach salad followed by a different entree for each of us. They obviously get the finest cuts of meat that seem only available to the finest restaurants. The filet was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. The pork and rack of lamb were equally as delicious. We will definitely return to JiRaffe when visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to shoutmimiDined on 8/19/2014Everything was great except the noise level and this was a Tuesday night, not even a weekend. There we're only two of us and we had to shout to hear one another. Question: why is Zagat's highest noise level called "energetic" which sounds positive? Why not try a 4th choice called "too loud for conversation?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 1 at JiRaffeDateNightDiningDined on 8/15/2014Had a couple of solo hours before a party, and figured I better eat something. Its a small restaurant without any "bar" area. I got there right as it opened and was seated immediately. The place is attractive, with wood everywhere, but it clearly would be quite loud when full. My server came by promptly, and was very helpful in explaining the menu. Duck prosciutto was on special, with a little salad and some crisps. Delicious. Next up was a cup of their Onion Soup. Very satisfying, with a heavy red-wine influence, and slices of filet. Final course was the sweet corn agnolotti. They did NOT skimp on the butter. Overall, a terrific little meal. Portions were reasonable. I will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Creative menu,well prepared ,and nice presentation.Special Features:
- Great Monday Bistro MenuNicariDined on 8/11/2014I had not been to Jiraffe for their Monday Bistro menu in years. The pricing has increased the quality and experience remains the same. SO worth the increase. Everything was delcious. The melon soup with Red Crab meat was a pleasant surprise. Not a huge fan of cold soup ( I feel like I am eating salsa) but this had a rich creamy texture and just enough to open the palate for the rest of the meal. The duck prosciutto was AMAZING! again, not a huge fan of duck, it is usually too gamey for my taste. This was remarkable and rich. I started to eat more slowly as I worked my way down to the final pieces. lastly, my new york steak was cooked to perfection Medium rare. we had 3 wines to pair with our meal all perfection!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Wonderful as always. Great Monday night menu, very tasty cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeAndrewVIPDined on 8/4/2014JiRaffe extended LA Eats with a tasting menu for less than $45, a steal. I enjoyed everything as is the norm here. I probably eat at Jiraffe 20-25 times a year; it never seriously disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IampatDined on 8/4/2014The Bistro menu changes weekly and it is a great way to taste some of the chef's best dishes. Our four courses had a delicious raw oyster, gnocchi with morel sauce, lobster tortelli, a beautifully prepared lamb chop and a fabulous lemon mousse....all for $42. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented, and the service could not have been better. This restaurant is consistently excellent. It is my favorite place to dine in Santa Monica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodsparrisen21Dined on 7/29/2014You have an ambitious menu and I think you managed to get it :-) Nice food good staff and a all over nice evening :-) 😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I visit at least every 3 weeksAndrewVIPDined on 7/28/2014One of my favorite places in LA. Monday night bistro menu is an exceptional deal even if one skips dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in a quiet settingHardtopleaseVIPDined on 7/28/2014I had the 3 course menu; crab cake (100% crab), on a delicious citrus sauce , beautifully garnished, followed by a perfect halibut and a chocolate bourbon cake. My companions were equally impressed by their food. The space was calm and quiet enough to enjoy conversation. Criticisms are an offhand greeter and a waiter who brought the bill, without asking us if we wanted coffee or dessert ( mine was included in the menu)! Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decide if its worth the moneynormaleatsDined on 7/27/2014The food was excellent and we were given a table away from the noise so had a lovely evening. But even so the bill was a bit of a shocker.Special Features:
- First Time is a Winner!encinocarolDined on 7/26/2014We had heard that JiRaffe was a great restaurant so we decided to give it a try during the Dine LA event. The dinner menu looked like it would be perfect for us, but when we got there, we were treated to a few additional choices plus an amuse bouche of the most delicious mushroom sipper. From start to finish (including terrific bread basket choices) everything was delicious. Portions were generous and the foods were just as described - really super. We would return for sure!Special Features:
- Food as good as everSantaMonicafoodie26Dined on 7/26/2014Jiraffe has been around for many years, but the cooking remains at the same high caliber. The meal was uniformly delicious. As usual it was very noisy with close crowded seating. Service was very rushed with each course appearing immediately after the last. This was more a race to the finish line than a fine dining experience probably because it was restaurant week. Very, very good value for the DineLA weeks with large servings of expensive ingredients and no extra charges. Pleasant food service staff. Would not return during restaurant week again because of the rate of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfoodsearchVIPDined on 7/25/2014Superb in every way! Delicious from start to finish.Special Features:
- LunchFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The waiter was very helpful in suggesting an appetizer which was sooo good. The food was prepared as requested, and there were plenty of other people to assist with water and bringing us our food. My two complaints about this place is the noise level was incredible, and I didn't feel that this restaurant could handle DineLA for lunch. There was a chaotic feel when I entered, they had more people than they could accommodate. This is a nice intimate restaurant, there wasn't enough space to support the crowd. Perhaps if they would open their doors for the entire DineLA time of two weeks, this would not be a problem. Instead they re only open for lunch on two Fridays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundptoadDined on 7/25/2014came back for lunch for the second time. can't wait for the third!Special Features:
- Wonderful DineLA meal at JiraffeafricanmommaDined on 7/23/2014We have explored some DineLA options this year for the first time, and Jiraffe was indeed one of the gems. The meal course choices were excellent (for a meat-eater and a vegetarian), the service via our waiter attentive and fun, and the food itself delicious and served in a timely manner, rather than being thrown at us. It was an early dinner so the restaurant had not filled up yet - noise was very modest. Would highly recommend the restaurant - be aware though that it appears to be expensive if you are not eating a prix fixe meal!Special Features:
- missed the markacncaaDined on 7/22/2014I waited 45 minutes past my reservation time and I watched as the host offered others drinks for their wait but i was not offered the same. They did not bring my first course until after the second and I had to ask for it. The second course lacked seasoning and the crab was overcooked. The main lacked sseasoning and was under cooked, I had to send it back. The experience was very disappointing, given the reviews an recommendation. I eat out every night and I would like to give it another chance but with so many other good restaurants why would I.
- Wonderful experiencejan99Dined on 7/22/2014We had been to Jiraffe once years ago, and thought we'd try it for DineLA. We were totally impressed with the quality and variety of the food, and the service was spectacular.Special Features:
- Food great, service needs helpDJdinersDined on 7/22/2014The food was really superb, everything! One of the best meals I've had lately and we eat out a lot!! However, we wouldn't come back because of two reasons: 1) the noise level was off the charts and wasn't conducive to relaxed eating, and 2) Service was poor. Wait staff was too busy - probably needed more help. Wine took a really long time to get - didn't receive it until dinner (had already had two courses), and was a bit challenging getting the correct check.Special Features:
- Would go again...dkatDined on 7/21/2014My boyfriend and I attended Jiraffe for our 2nd anniversary and we decided to try the Dine LA menu option. It was exquisite. The entire staff was very friendly and thorough. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Bad table, good food small portionstcfoodieDined on 7/20/2014So, to be fair, the food was delicious. Husband had Salmon and I had Halibut for main course and artichoke soup to start. Delicious! Both my teenage sons ordered pasta, but when they say small plate, they really mean it. Teeny tiny portion of ravioli was laughable except for price. My biggest complaint is that we were seated at a table immediately next to the curtained area where waiters were coming in and out and yelling at each other. Our waiter was very nice, but clearly overwhelmed and we had other waiters slamming the food incorrectly down in front of us. It is a very loud restaurant and to be fair I think we would have enjoyed it if the table wasn't so awful. It really should have been a table for two in that area, not 4.
- Just MehAmandarae47Dined on 7/19/2014I really wanted to love this place. We ordered off both the DineLA Restaurant Week menu and the regular menu. The food was good, I don't have anything really negative to say about it. But, at the same time, I never got that one dish that blew me away. Where the experience really disappointed was in the service. Our waitress was incredible scatterbrained. She kept forgetting which items we ordered and completely forgot to bring us our wine. Because of this, we were consistently given the wrong food and place settings with each course, which really took away from the dining experience. Finally, we felt rushed out of the restaurant as she brought us our check before we even finished our dessert/coffee. I don't think we will be returning.Special Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner here. Enjoyed the DineLA menu, food was excellent. We may do a repeat of the menu since it was so good. Our Server, Chris C. was excellent. He was friendly plus very helpful with suggestions. His service helped with the great dinner we enjoyed. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- JiRaffe RocksOdawgDined on 7/18/2014Outstanding food, not only was it gorgeous looking but tasted even better!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Went for the Dine LA event and every single dish my girlfriend and I tried was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and I would come back here for a special event.Special Features:
- Jiraffe is wonderfulPatMarguliesVIPDined on 7/18/2014Eating at Jiraffe is one of our big pleasures! We only eat lunch however, so catching them during dineLA -- and then only on a Friday -- is mandatory. We love the wait staff, the food, the look of the place... everything. Thanks, Jiraffe and any time you are going to be open for lunch regularly, we will be there!Special Features: