Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant
301 E. Las Colinas Blvd
Irving, TX 75039Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jinbeh.com/
- Phone: (972) 869-4011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater! We have several catering options available for any occasion and we can even provide our talented chefs with our full sushi set-up for a unique, interactive experience. Please contact us for further inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The Tatami Rooms are our traditional Japanese private rooms, where guests take their shoes off and enjoy home-style seating on Japanese bamboo mats. It's easy to lose track of time when sitting inside these cozy rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Yamamoto 9728694011
A word from Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant
The ORIGINAL sushi and hibachi steakhouse established in 1988! Indulge in our fresh, authentic Japanese cuisine while enjoying the cozy enviornment of a traditional Japanese atmosphere. Guests can enjoy sitting on our fun hibachi grills where the chefs cook your meal right in front of you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Jinbeh is an Oldie but GoodieTexasWahineDined on 10/3/2014I've eaten at the Las Colinas Jinbeh for over 20 years and they always meet my expectations. Good food, entertaining chefs cook at hibachi grill, and waitresses keep the drinks flowing...water and tea glasses are never empty. Food is fresh and well prepared.Special Features:
- Great Hibachihockey99Dined on 9/13/2014I'd pick Jinbeh over Benihana ANYTIME! Food is always top notch.Special Features:
- better places to spend your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Squid salad was good which was a good start. It went downhill after that. Food was bland and small portions. Service was horrible! Waitress would drop off plates and then hurry away. Had to ask for water refills everytime (3) and never asked if i would like another beer. I felt like we were a burden to our waitress.
- Best filet mingon I have ever had!AustinbostonDined on 8/3/2014We sated at the Omni hotel and went here for dinner. Sitting at the hibachi grill is a must. Food was amazing. The chef was entertaining as well. Me and my girlfriend had the shrimp and filet mingnon. So many courses! A+ service. Dinner for 2 was $100 after tip and tax. Good for special occasion or vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!AmelitajoDined on 7/30/2014I have been wanting to go to Jinbeh for many years, it just so happened the day I went was my birthday and a friend of mine took me here. I don't know why I waited so long to go. We went right after work so there was no one there yet and we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. Service was good and the food was AWESOME SAUCE! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Jinbeh Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Good location, good food, great service! We will be back!Special Features:
- Yum!FriendlyFoodieDined on 6/26/2014Good food, good service, definitely a place I will go back to.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014We 've returned to Jinbeh during our stay in Dallas, food as usual is so good.Ask for the Japanese menu also, there are lots of small plates which are perfect to try new dishes.I would suggest to try Japanese dishes, most people order sushi at Japanese restaurants, and there is a world of delicate flavours to experience, this is the perfect place.Special Features:
- Great Find!DallasGlobeTrotterDined on 4/12/2014The food was excellent and service was great! We did the hibachi and was very pleased. Located right next door to the Omni where we were staying, so it was a quick and easy walk.Special Features:
- Good PlaceJArmstrongDined on 3/29/2014Great place - typical habichi restaurant. They gave out dessert for my fiance's birthday for free. They dont have the yumyum sauce - but other than that great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hibachi and Sushi!MonalisaVIPDined on 3/25/2014I love this place! Ive gone here muliple times. Enjoying both the hibachi and dining area. The fish is fresh everytime and the grill is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageWIGOLFNUTDined on 3/19/2014Ok but nothing I would go out of my way to go again. Close & convenient to the Omni Hotel.
- Thursday EveningpurgelDined on 3/13/2014felt the portions compared to other restaurants with same service were very small except the veggies , felt a bit pricier than others places, service was slow took a lot of time for sushi and mixed drinks and they weren't very busy.
- Service is pretty fast andOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/10/2014Service is pretty fast and they give you a nice warmed, damp cloth to clean your hands before eating. One of the rolls I ordered was a spider roll and it had something rolled the wrong way since I could not chew through it easily and couldn't get rid of a long piece in my mouth. Not pleasant. The rols were decent but too much rice for my liking. But food was decent and service was good. The mojito was nice.
- Good place for lunch with friendsimonsecondVIPDined on 3/7/2014This place is similar to Benihana's and its rooms are structured in much the same way only on a smaller scale. It has a sushi bar, the hibachi grill (with the typical knife and cooking show), the smaller sunken in sit-down, and generic dining room. This is good place for lunch with friends or colleagues especially if you work nearby. Service was great. My first time here, although it's been around for ages. Sushi and shrimp tempura were great. Chicken teriyaki was very dry with what seemed like bottled teriyaki glopped on it. I would go back if only to try other dishes. Portions for the Bento boxes are generous. Wish they would replace the iceberg salad also with glopped dressing with more traditional Japanese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMonikaDined on 3/5/2014Glad I found you! I have seen ads for your place in the past and finally had the chance to try you out. Great experience and the best hibachi meal I have had in Texas. The sushi special of peppered salmon was fabulous. A must try for anyone in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Serviceluv2celebrateDined on 3/1/2014The host greeted us with a big smile and our waitress always kept checking on us. They made us feel important and valued as new customers. We celebrated our daughters birthday and she said "That's the best fried rice."Special Features:
- Looking for healthy eatingCindyVIPDined on 2/22/2014We went to Jinbeh to eat healty. Hibachi dining was a fun experience, but chef didn't seem to much "in to the experience". Food was good. It's a bit pricey for dinner, but overall good.Special Features:
- Still some of the best sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014Been coming for years, always great! Old favorites are perfect, new options surprise and you can never go wrong asking for a chef surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for LunchTexasMel972Dined on 1/23/2014I've visited Jinbeh two times now for lunch with my company and have enjoyed it both times. The hibachi grill master performed the same tricks both times, but still entertained me. :)Special Features:
- Local GemMikeDined on 1/4/2014We've driven past Jinbeh for years and never thought about stopping since we don't care for sushi. We didn't realize that the restaurant specialized in hibachi-style food preparation and served excellent seafood and steaks. We had a very pleasant dining experience will be be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!!DonCDined on 1/3/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Food has always been wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great TimeDG382Dined on 10/25/2013Hibachi is always great, and Jinbeh did not disappoint. Great service, great food and fun! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- great food / slow servicewhateverDined on 8/11/2013food as always very good / service this time was terrible slow (usually its better...)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic hibachi dinningRPWoodDined on 7/26/2013From the authentic hibachi chef with amazing knife skills, to the artistically prepared and presented sushi, this small yet vibrant restaurant was a great choice for a Friday night dinner. A short wait means that reservations are recommended, and the outside signage means you need to be looking for the words japanise restaurant on the building, but beyond that the experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multiple Things:WCIrvingDined on 7/20/2013Music was really loud and only popular rap songs. The patron noise level was very low, it was the music that was too loud. Our waiter was slow, unreliable, and kept getting distracted by talking to the chef. He actually got irritated at another waitress (Who was very helpful!) for helping us when he was essentially staring at the wall. We overheard a little argument they had; very entertaining. The food was excellent. We had the New Orleans Roll and the Bombshell Roll, which were very tasty and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at the Sushi BarJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 6/27/2013Nice joint. Good, fresh food. Not over the top but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No BuenoJPFromOCVIPDined on 5/17/2013Worst service I have ever revived there and I am a regular.
- Exellent japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2013This restaurant is a must for those who like not only sushi but japanese food.Ask their japanese menu and try those small flavourful plates done to perfection.The food is high quality, service could be improved.Price is ok. We'll return on our next visit to Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my opinion, this is theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2013In my opinion, this is the best Hibachi restaurant in Dallas. The chefs are all Asian/Japanese and not Mexican (this is not intended to offend anyone of Mexican descent, but you don't typically go eat Japanese food that is cooked by anyone except a chef who is Japanese or at least Asian, much like you don't normally go to a Mexican restaurant for food cooked by a Japanese or Asian cook). The food is not frozen, like you see at other places like Kobe (frozen veggies in the fried rice). The sauces are authentic. You get the ginger/soy sauce and the mustard based sauce, unlike the sugary ketchup stuff you get a places like Kobe. And you get a lot of food for the money.Special Features:
- Great but slightly lacking....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Food was excellent. Chef was not charismatic and awkwardly quiet. He also seemed to be lacking in experience, according to his own words. I expected more from a hibachi chef. Service was great. Our waitress kept us well-stocked in drinks and came around often.Special Features:
- We usually go to the JinbehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012We usually go to the Jinbeh in lewisville bu it was closed since it was thanksgiving and we decided to visit the one in las colinas. There was a considerable difference in the quality of the food and the taste. The soup tasted different and not for the better along with the sauces. The quality of the overall meal also wasn't as good. We usually love going to Jinbeh but it wasn't the same quality that we are used to. The service was good and it was pretty quiet.
- We visited Jinbeh to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012We visited Jinbeh to celebrate our 4 year old's birthday. The kids loved the experience and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Once in awhile when you'reKakutchVIPDined on 10/3/2012Once in awhile when you're hosting a business dinner, it's great to get away from the standard steakhouse. I highly recommend Jinbeh. A group of us sat around the Hibachi grill while our Chef entertained with his mad culinary skills. It created a great amibance for us to have a little fun and also talk a little business. Food was excellent. If i had a complaint it would be the volume of food was overwhelming... but that just gives you an opportunity for leftovers.Special Features:
- Really good experience forTroyDined on 9/26/2012Really good experience for my first time. Will have to try the the Grill experience next time.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit toLu621VIPDined on 6/10/2012This was our 2nd visit to Jinbeh and we recommend this restaurant as a great place for sushi and teppanyaki. The chef this visit didn't season the food enough but it was still a great experience...we love that the chefs just cook and don't need to add all the banging of knives or throwing of rice.Special Features:
- My wife and I had an excellentMohsmanVIPDined on 5/18/2012My wife and I had an excellent meal at Jinbeh's sushi bar. We love good sushi, eat it often, and this place delivered. We would definitely return if we lived nearby. All Nigiri pieces were excellent as were the rolls. Service was prompt and attentive. I strongly recommend this sushi bar.Special Features:
- The fish was tasty, but thetopdogdiningDined on 4/25/2012The fish was tasty, but the service was lackluster. I have enjoyed better at Jinbeh in the past.
- Sushi was good... I wish theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012Sushi was good... I wish they had a bigger sushi menu though!Special Features:
- No entertainment valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012Ate at hibachi grill. Cook did not do anything but cook, absolutely no entertainment that one would expect at such a restaurant. Sushi was sub par as well. I will never return to this restaurant, this was the worst hibachi experience I've had, and I've eaten at many hibachi restaurants.