248 Old Mammoth Road
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jimmystaverna.com/
- Phone: (760) 934-9432
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: W-Su 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Lynnsie Edge 7609342515
A word from Jimmys Taverna
Yasas! Jimmy"s Taverna welcomes you. Join us for the freshest seafood, wood-grilled meats and the most innovative appetizers in Mammoth. Our chefs are classically trained, our service is superb, and our décor is gorgeous. Our world-class wine and spirit selections pair perfectly with our Mediterranean fare making every meal an event. Reservations are recommended. It's the closest you'll come to Greece while in California. Come on in, we've saved you a seatContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jimmys Taverna - Best Restaurants in Mammoth ›
Jimmys Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Fantastic!PopcorksDined on 8/16/2014Everything about this place was fantastic. Fish was fresh and everything we ordered had lots of flavor. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Jimmys Taverna reviews archive.
- Enjoyed the restaurant!mjpOpenTableReviewDined on 7/27/2014Have come to Jimmy's Taverna with my family two years in a row when vacationing in Mammoth Lakes. The food is really good. Seafood is a specialty but other options are available too. A treat to have delicious Greek food in Mammoth. Recommendation for the restaurant: Please give more grilled pita bread with dip appetizers. Would have preferred not to need to ask for more. (Six little triangles of grilled pita per dip.)Special Features:
- Always reliable!lindaandstanDined on 4/20/2014Went to the traditional Easter dinner. Must have been 12 courses -- we literally had leftovers for 2 days! So good -- baby lamb, chicken, homemade breads, awesome desserts. They are not always open, but when they are, you'll get a great meal at a reasonable price. Great wine list too! If you like Greek food, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal at mammothBBKCDined on 3/6/2014Amazing meal. Appetizers w octopus, Greek salad and calamari. Grilled whole fish (a Mediterranean Sea bass) with kale and rice. Original , perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Exciting to have something new to try in Mammoth, and I had high hopes based on other reviews. The greek salad was quite good and fresh. Lamb kebabs felt like a pretty small portion for $27, and were overcooked. I'm not sure I will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014The food was very good but there were some problems. We felt that some items were overpriced. In particular, the appetizer dips. The charge was $15 for three dips. We were all suprised with the dips turned out to be about three tablespoons each. That seemed a bit excessive. We also had a problem when one of our table ordered a whole fish. Every other time I've seen that ordered in a restaurant, the server fileted the fish. The server explained that he didn't know how to do that. He said the kitchen was "too busy" to help. So, one of our party fileted the fish for the person that ordered it. The food at Jimmy's Taverna was excellent but it's not a value proposition.Special Features:
- Everything we ordered was great!judilieDined on 2/21/2014Especially the grilled fish. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for dinner in MammothAbbieDined on 2/16/2014This past weekend I went to Jimmy's for the second time. I tried it last year when they opened, and again over President's weekend. I took three friends who had never been. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and dips, and shared everything along with one grilled sea bass. The food was outstanding. The only things we didn't like were the hummus (way too much garlic) and the baklava (more like cake than baklava). The eggplant, octopus, calamari, lamb, shrimp, saganaki, and grilled fish were all delicious. Also, the grilled pita, as simple as it is, was perfect. The restaurant's computers weren't working but the staff went out of its way to accommodate and were very attentive. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK serviceLAFoodVIPDined on 1/18/2014The food was really good. Good selection on the menu. Overall pretty well prepared. One of us ordered the seafood stew. Despite the menu stating whitefish, the cook put in salmon. In my opinion, salmon can over power seafood soups. The wine by the glass list was good. The service could really be improved. The "sommelier" took a long time to come to the table. In fact, she didn't even come over till after our appetizers had arrived. In general, I like to taste my wine before the tasting my food. The waiter was poorly attentive and got my order wrong. Overall, a good restaurant, but there are opportunities for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014loved this place. the fish was superb, maybe the best I've ever had. The wait staff was meticulous and well trained/experienced. There were answers for every question and the food was hot and perfectly presented. Chip, the 'wine geek' (sommelier) is a hoot and will come up with any wine u wish for...and do it with a huge smile. I highly recommend this place, much more than another snooty restaurant in Mammoth that starts with an N.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013The food was great but a price fix menu that we were not aware of when we made the reservation. We had 2 youth picky eaters and we're not able to order them food from their regular menu, which is what we were all looking forward to. Otherwise the food was very good but it took us over 2 hours to complete our meal which made the teens more unhappy. We will have to try again on a regular dayI would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Food at MammothGaryDined on 12/13/2013Excellent Greek food at a location where one might not expect to find such a restaurant. The seafood "soup" (main course dish) was excellent, the Calamari appetizer was unusual but excellent, same with the chocolate cake desert. However, the best thing about this restaurant was the very thoughtful and charming person who served our table. I do not know if all of the wait staff are as helpful, but she was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.