Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
11000 Red Circle Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55343Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jimmysfoodandcocktails.com/
- Phone: (952) 224-5858
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-2:00pm Bar: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are affiliated with coporate catering as a delivery service. We are also available upon special request to cater any of your party needs. We do deliver our entire menu within a 10 mile radius based on a $50.00 minimum.
- Private Party Facilities: Two semi private dining rooms available offering special menus, if required for your event. Perfect for family or company events. Back room is very cozy with a fireplace, its own sound system and temperature control.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Ebeling 9522245858
A word from Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
Located at Crosstown Hwy 62 and Shady Oak Road, Jimmy’s Food and Cocktails features contemporary and traditional American cuisine with global influences, market fresh fish and seafood, Certified Angus Beef steaks and chops, slowly roasted baby back ribs, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas, burgers and hand-crafted sandwiches, served in a rich, handsome upscale-casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (41)great for lunch (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- It's a great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The menu is consistently reliable; the food is very good and the bartenders know how to prepare 'fine' cocktails. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for dinner or happy hourPamellVIPDined on 11/14/2014We frequent Jimmy's a lot - whether for a special family birthday dinner, a night out, or for one of the best happy hours in town. They have some of the best wait staff around, and it's clear the people in the kitchen know what they are doing. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time...pikyetrDined on 11/12/2014I have always enjoyed lunch with friends or for business at Jimmy's. It's a nice room, there's a wide variety of seating options, the service has always been good as has the food. This time, everything was good except my food. It wasn't BAD, it just wasn't good. But it happens. I'll go back and give them another try as this is the first time I've been disappointed in my food. We still had a nice business lunch overall and our service was top-notch. (And the price was very reasonable.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night with motherKLTF12Dined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy Jimmy's. However, like every other restaurant that could be enjoyable, the noise level is awful. There were 5 of us at a round table in the small room, and we could barely hear each other over the thumping base or whatever it is called. THIS IS NOT UPTOWN! Why can't we dine in piece! My husband remarked that it felt good to get out of there. And Jimmy's is hardly one of the ones you have to yell at the person sitting next to you. We are running out of places to go.hSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were seated promptly when arriving. Noted when we were leaving that people were having to wait for seating, guessing they did not have reservations. Our server was great! Next time we will skip on the ordering the calamari as we have had better. We were seated in a booth next to the bar which made it a bit loud. Nothing that will defer us from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer was coldTAndersonDined on 10/31/2014Appetizer was cold main course was good ordered fondue with Panini condo was cold but good flavor would've enjoyed it more if it was warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placejackm1VIPDined on 10/31/2014it's the kind of restaurant where it's easy to become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very gracious greeter, excellent service and superb food. I'll go out of my way to return to Jimmy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 10/26/2014Had an overall outstanding experience at Jimmy's. Our server, Bethany, was the best I've seen in the last year! Definitely a destination restaurant!!!!!Special Features:
- Just incredible!GreektomeVIPDined on 10/24/2014Just spectacular! You do not have to venture downtown for a delicious, tender steak! It's right here! Snuggle into a spacious booth with your significant other and enjoy the best food to be had in the Western burbs. 1600 degrees is the trick because our steaks were cooked to perfection. The bernaise sauce on the side was a nice treat as it wasn't even requested. You can't go wrong with this magnificent suburban eatery!!! Cudos, Mike!!!Special Features:
- Excellent ServicejrfcDined on 10/24/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed dining with unrushed, impeccable service. When our server heard that we were celebrating a special occasion, a free dessert was offered that was generous enough for all to share. Noise level was a bit too high for our conversation to be easily heard, an all too common problem in many restaurants . Crab cake sandwiches and a rich chocolate brownie were our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Restaurant Week-going backloud1Dined on 10/23/2014Excellent steaks cooked how you order them---to perfection. I'm hungry for one just writing this. In addition, our waitress Cat was awesome. She took good care of us, suggested good dishes and wine and treated us with respect. Very pleased. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSchmidter2Dined on 10/23/2014There is just nothing bad to say about our visit to Jimmy's for restaurant week. Of the restaurants we have been to for restaurant week, this is the best experience we have had. They do it up right. You don't have 3 or 4 choices here, you have the full menu to choose from, plus appetizer specials. And that was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Kudos to the staff at Jimmy's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISSAPOINTINGFoodieDined on 10/23/2014my neighbors, friends and I have patronized this restaurant since it opened---am dad to say it'll be a while before I frequent it.
- RestaurantWk - Jimmy's MTKALuv2DineAround1Dined on 10/22/2014So glad I tried this place, everything was excellent! I'll be definitely go back when looking for a great tasting steak and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week VenuemjsnskgDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I took advantage and visited Jimmy's for the first time. We were very pleased. The Sea Bass was outstanding as was the New York Strip. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMel2128VIPDined on 10/11/2014Food and service was excellent. After an amazing dinner I wanted a bite of cheesecake, but not a whole piece. Our server brought be half a piece!! Creative and really went the extra mile to satisfy the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anaversary dinner at Jimmy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Reservation was Saturday at 7:15 PM. Wife had filet, I had NY strip, both med rare. Her steak was OK, but not great. My steak was so tough I only ate a few bites. Both were more on the medium side, not med rare. Waitress was nice. She asked if we wanted bread, we said yes, but she never brought it. Salads were OK, but not great. By 8:30 the place was emptying out, not what you would expect on a Saturday night. We were disappointed. Bottom line, it's a nice place but if the food doesn't improve over what we had, they are doomed. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things. To be fair, we had eaten there once before and thought it was pretty good that time, but after this experience we likely won't return.
- Noise levelcatfischDined on 10/1/2014When the restaurant is full, noise level prevents comfortable conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming back1stchoicealwaysVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love the many choices on the menu. We love the bread. The service has always been so accommodating. One of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Great FoodMeatloaferDined on 9/23/2014Enjoyed dining there for years. Noticed portions have decreased in size the past two years but quality is outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but LoudRickieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Sorry the go rid of round booths. Friendly service except for the host. Food came out lukewarm.Special Features:
- Cold and slowSteakGuyDined on 9/10/2014We used this Resturant because it WS close to the Marriott SW. We arrived early for our 7 pm resie and since the room was sparsely populated we were seated right away. We ordered drinks and when delivered we were told that only one bottle of the selected beer was available. Not really a big deal but since the place wasn't full quite surprised. On the menu a big deal was made of the 1600 degree steaks,the server with heavy towels holding the plate I had to move the plate and was surprised that the plate was barley warm to the touch. I ordered the NY Strip medium rare and it arrived medium to medium well. The mashed potatoes served in a small bowl on the plate were cold with 2 large pieces of un-mashed at the bottom. No characters 4 server!
- WelcomingBloodymaryDined on 9/9/2014From the hostess to the servers, everyone was happy and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendChooChooDined on 8/13/2014We moved into the neighborhood in April and Jimmy's is a favorite of ours!Special Features:
- D.J.DebbieDined on 8/13/2014Nice spot for dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Good food,service and bar. Needs to expand the whiskey inventory a bit. Not everyone drinks wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodPwoolfreyDined on 8/13/2014Jimmy's is the most dependable restaurant in the southwest metro. They never disappoint.
- Try itEdenprairieguyVIPDined on 8/8/2014If you are in the area you should try Jimmy's. Always great service , especially at the bar. Food is very consistent, good to great. Try the wasabi haibut!Special Features:
- Graet diningaugustgroupDined on 7/31/2014had a group of 6 one of whom suffers from hip problems. Great environment. Great service. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour2ChefsDined on 7/30/2014Sat outside, drank some wine, had really great service and surprisingly good appetizer specials.Special Features:
- Restaurant week special wasn't.MendyUSADined on 7/25/2014Bad cuts both bone-in rib eye $38 and bone-in strip $36. Go to Cub. Execution of steaks was fine at med rare. Flavorless... meat could not stand on its own. Mushrooms burned. Both asparagus spears were fine. Gratin potatoes were good as the box. The tiny little bite of cheesecake at the end was cute. My wife’s tiny little bite called cobbler was a couple slices of apple and a tablespoon of ice-cream.
- Business lunchBeRemarkableDined on 7/25/2014A good business lunch choice. Impress your client.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceSlowServiceDined on 7/24/2014We took my spouses sister to Jimmy's for her first visit. It was a wonderful experience for all as was expected. She had halibut which she said was great and we both had the walleye stuffed with shrimp and crab which we both love. Excellent service as always.Special Features:
- The following 965 reviews are from the Jimmy's Food and Cocktails reviews archive.
- PattyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were there for a lunch dining and very few people in attendance - probably our 'early' arrival. They have plenty on the menu and what we had - crab cake sandwich and a sweet & spicy chicken sandwich, were very good. We would love to go back and try some of their fish recipes, they were very interesting. Our service was excellent and she provided plenty of suggestions, and (asked for) comments. Loved it!Special Features:
- Underwhelmedeld81VIPDined on 7/20/2014I have been to Jimmy's several times and have never had any issues...so I think this may be an isolated incident. My family visited for Restaurant Week, which we have done several times in the past. Maybe my expectations were high because of previous dining experiences, but my salad was average and my entree (filet, green beans, and au gratin potatoes) was horrible. Everything was either coated in WAY to much butter or it was greasy. It was pretty unappetizing and I barely touched my meal. Then when my "individual" size cheesecake showed up, it was literally two bites. I actually laughed when it was placed in front of me because I thought it was a joke!! Service was slow to top it off. It might be awhile before I return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaVIPDined on 7/19/2014It took our waitress awhile to come to our table at the beginning. I usually order what is on special at a restaurant which I did along with two others and they ran out of the prime rib. We all ordered steak instead which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MondaynightGuysDined on 7/19/2014Good Service, Good Food and nice surroundings. I will return and recommend. David ChristensenSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Exceptional! The food and service were excellent! Our server was so attentive. Great evening!Special Features:
- FoodAlandJanDined on 7/17/2014Both our filets were over-done (we'd asked for "just moderately pink"). The waitress offered to replace them but we don't believe in wasting food. Failing that, she offered a free desert. Despite the over-cooking, the steaks were still tasty. We enjoyed our visit and will certainly return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise & bright patio door/Poor FishPaulDDined on 7/17/2014Special Occasion Dinner not worth it - We sat in a larger corner dark booth (shades closed) right next to the door to the patio. Each time the wait staff went outside the bright sun blinded many at our table and there was a noisy commotion when wait staff bustled in and out or held the door open waiting for others to go to see tables etc. Also one of our two fish orders was horrible and inedible. The swordfish was over cooked, tough, very dry and lacked any signs of freshness. My guess was that it was frozen not fresh and the cook didn't know how to prepare it. A very expensive mistake at $26 a plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.