Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
11000 Red Circle Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55343Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jimmysfoodandcocktails.com/
- Phone: 9522245858
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-2:00pm Bar: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are affiliated with coporate catering as a delivery service. We are also available upon special request to cater any of your party needs. We do deliver our entire menu within a 10 mile radius based on a $50.00 minimum.
- Private Party Facilities: Two semi private dining rooms available offering special menus, if required for your event. Perfect for family or company events. Back room is very cozy with a fireplace, its own sound system and temperature control.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Ebeling 9522245858
A word from Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
Located at Crosstown Hwy 62 and Shady Oak Road, Jimmy’s Food and Cocktails features contemporary and traditional American cuisine with global influences, market fresh fish and seafood, Certified Angus Beef steaks and chops, slowly roasted baby back ribs, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas, burgers and hand-crafted sandwiches, served in a rich, handsome upscale-casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (42)great for lunch (33)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- RecommendChooChooDined on 8/13/2014We moved into the neighborhood in April and Jimmy's is a favorite of ours!Special Features:
- D.J.DebbieDined on 8/13/2014Nice spot for dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Good food,service and bar. Needs to expand the whiskey inventory a bit. Not everyone drinks wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodPwoolfreyDined on 8/13/2014Jimmy's is the most dependable restaurant in the southwest metro. They never disappoint.
- Graet diningaugustgroupDined on 7/31/2014had a group of 6 one of whom suffers from hip problems. Great environment. Great service. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour2ChefsDined on 7/30/2014Sat outside, drank some wine, had really great service and surprisingly good appetizer specials.Special Features:
- Restaurant week special wasn't.MendyUSADined on 7/25/2014Bad cuts both bone-in rib eye $38 and bone-in strip $36. Go to Cub. Execution of steaks was fine at med rare. Flavorless... meat could not stand on its own. Mushrooms burned. Both asparagus spears were fine. Gratin potatoes were good as the box. The tiny little bite of cheesecake at the end was cute. My wife’s tiny little bite called cobbler was a couple slices of apple and a tablespoon of ice-cream.
- Business lunchBeRemarkableDined on 7/25/2014A good business lunch choice. Impress your client.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceSlowServiceDined on 7/24/2014We took my spouses sister to Jimmy's for her first visit. It was a wonderful experience for all as was expected. She had halibut which she said was great and we both had the walleye stuffed with shrimp and crab which we both love. Excellent service as always.Special Features:
- PattyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were there for a lunch dining and very few people in attendance - probably our 'early' arrival. They have plenty on the menu and what we had - crab cake sandwich and a sweet & spicy chicken sandwich, were very good. We would love to go back and try some of their fish recipes, they were very interesting. Our service was excellent and she provided plenty of suggestions, and (asked for) comments. Loved it!Special Features:
- Underwhelmedeld81Dined on 7/20/2014I have been to Jimmy's several times and have never had any issues...so I think this may be an isolated incident. My family visited for Restaurant Week, which we have done several times in the past. Maybe my expectations were high because of previous dining experiences, but my salad was average and my entree (filet, green beans, and au gratin potatoes) was horrible. Everything was either coated in WAY to much butter or it was greasy. It was pretty unappetizing and I barely touched my meal. Then when my "individual" size cheesecake showed up, it was literally two bites. I actually laughed when it was placed in front of me because I thought it was a joke!! Service was slow to top it off. It might be awhile before I return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaVIPDined on 7/19/2014It took our waitress awhile to come to our table at the beginning. I usually order what is on special at a restaurant which I did along with two others and they ran out of the prime rib. We all ordered steak instead which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Good Service, Good Food and nice surroundings. I will return and recommend. David ChristensenSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Exceptional! The food and service were excellent! Our server was so attentive. Great evening!Special Features:
- FoodAlandJanDined on 7/17/2014Both our filets were over-done (we'd asked for "just moderately pink"). The waitress offered to replace them but we don't believe in wasting food. Failing that, she offered a free desert. Despite the over-cooking, the steaks were still tasty. We enjoyed our visit and will certainly return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise & bright patio door/Poor FishPaulDDined on 7/17/2014Special Occasion Dinner not worth it - We sat in a larger corner dark booth (shades closed) right next to the door to the patio. Each time the wait staff went outside the bright sun blinded many at our table and there was a noisy commotion when wait staff bustled in and out or held the door open waiting for others to go to see tables etc. Also one of our two fish orders was horrible and inedible. The swordfish was over cooked, tough, very dry and lacked any signs of freshness. My guess was that it was frozen not fresh and the cook didn't know how to prepare it. A very expensive mistake at $26 a plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great suggestions from our serverdorrichDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to Jimmy's -food was very good, but our server was great. She had excellent suggestions for everything from appetizer to dessert and a very nice wine to accompany our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014I always love coming to this restaurant.....food is usually great and I take business and family to this spot...it is close to my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the happy hour specialcybersamur4iDined on 6/27/2014Staff was attentive and friendly. Happy hour specials were reasonable. Portions were smaller for some dishes but at the lower prices you can just sample more variety. The food was great! Atmosphere was a mix between casual and semi formal. Perfect for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Is UnbearableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2014Don't go to Jimmy's if you'd like to have a conversation. The noise level is over the top. I've tried this restaurant three times with the same result--unbearable noise level, and it doesn't matter if it's lunch or dinner. Our table could not conduct a conversation. The last time I asked for a booth thinking that the upholstery would absorb some of the sound. It didn't and we ended up going somewhere else for dessert so we could have the visit we'd intended to have at dinner. Too bad. I like the decor and the food, but the Twin Cities has may other good restaurant choices that are more attuned to customers' needs.
- Great experience!pattiDined on 6/20/2014I took a "stab in the dark" finding a restaurant to eat dinner at while we went on an adventure to adopt a new pet. We are not from that neighborhood, and didn't know any restaurants, so I just looked on-line. Jimmy's popped up, their web-site showed white table-cloths, which implied a fancy restaurant, but also had a friendly name so it seemed fun. We totally enjoyed our experience there: wait staff was attentive and very friendly, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was just the right noise level!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014Service was excellent - very responsive to requestsSpecial Features:
- Great Father's day!muffulettaVIPDined on 6/15/2014For Jimmy's to give fathers a free meal was amazing! We had such a great evening! He felt special!Special Features:
- Wonderful4diningonlyDined on 6/15/2014The food was really wonderful...I wish that they would do more brunches (only 3times a year). Everything was like homemade especially the scalloped potatoes!Special Features:
- SusanDined on 6/10/2014It was a convenient location and the food was good and versatileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodFoodieGoodFoodFoodieDined on 6/8/2014Great place to go with friends and talk. Great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsStephDined on 6/7/2014We brought some friends to Jimmy's that have never been there. They were very pleased and said the food was outstanding. We like to bring friends to Jimmy's because we have never been disappointed with the food or the service. Great place for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnFantasticVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoy trying new places, however when a new idea does not this is our fallback. It's always great food is excellent and service spectacular as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBassoonChuckDined on 5/30/2014We have never benn disappointed at Jimmy's. Always extremely well presented, and well-prepared delicious entrees. This is a great choice for lunch after a St. Paul Chamber Orchestra morning concert at Wooddale Church"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchPwoolfreyDined on 5/13/2014Had a business lunch here and it was very enjoyable. Will definitely go back.
- irishDined on 5/11/2014Got in immediately with our reservation. Service and food was great. Only thing I didn't like was everything was extra like salad etc with your meal..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We had an excellent Mother's Day brunch at Jimmy's Food and Cocktails. They didn't have a ton of selections on their brunch but the food they had was top notch. I've found over the years (being sort of a brunch connoisseur) that when a restaurant tries to provide too many varieties of food , they just can't do that many selections well. I'd rather they focus on a number of selections and make sure they're all great which is what this brunch did. We really loved it. The staff was great - I loved the atmosphere and will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Brunch was a DUDTomSVIPDined on 5/11/2014WAY overpriced. Three people $130! That was with 1 beverage each. I would rate the bloody mary as a 2 out of 10. The buffet was ok. Not great, not bad. $15-20 bucks a head would have been a fair price. I have eaten here before and it was pretty good but I will never do their brunch buffet again.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We're moving into the neighborhood, so we thought we'd try Jimmy's for Mother's Day brunch and see if we should add it to our list of dining options when we move. First, it's a nice looking place. The staff is professional, courteous and on-top of things. The brunch had a lot of options, but the food itself was just "good" (not "great"). I did enjoy the Greek salad and the pasta. The steamed vegetables were VERY salty and eggs were bland (as mass-cooked eggs usually are). We're going to go back and order off of the menu next time.Special Features:
- DisappointingExpectingmoreDined on 5/10/2014Very busy Sat night . Had a reservation and was kept waiting over 20 minutes to be seated. One person ordered the prime rib and it looked awful - light brown color - very odd. She didn't eat much of it and it certainly didn't look appealing. Food was overpriced for what was served. Service fair. Had to ask to have candles lit at our table. Certainly didn't feel special.
- Not up to parKtlouDined on 5/10/2014Have been here multiple times the service was very very slow. My husband's steak was tough and two of us had different halibut dishes and neither was impressive. Really just a so so visit.
- good old faveSnowyDined on 5/10/2014Found Jimmy's to be good again, with excellent service, good food and a reasonable price. Return regularly and will continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGailVIPDined on 5/6/2014The food and service at Jimmy's is always excellent both for a couple or a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014I've been eating at Jimmy's since it opened, mostly for client lunches or meeting for happy hour. The staff there are always attentive, knowledgeable and show a great team spirit that never leaves you wondering where your server is. Food quality is above average and always served fresh and on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 934 reviews are from the Jimmy's Food and Cocktails reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Great atmosphere and food. Fun for groups or perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great happy hourFcikellyDined on 4/25/2014I have never had a bad meal here. Love it! Will definitely go to Jimmy's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.