Jimmy's Famous Seafood
6526 Holabird Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jimmy's Famous Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jimmysfamousseafood.net/
- Phone: 4106334040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:30am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mihail Othitis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have three separate private rooms for catering, hosting parties ranging from 20-250 guests. We specialize in crab feasts, company meeting and presentations, birthday parties, and holiday events. Check out our website or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Two banquet rooms available, holding up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: John Minadakis 4106334040
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday, join us in the front lounge area for a fun night of Karaoke!
A word from Jimmy's Famous Seafood
Since 1974, Jimmy's has exhibited a commitment to excellence in the restaurant industry second to none. Although made famous for our award-winning seafood and steamed hard-shell crabs, our menu also includes various tastes from all over the world, such as grilled lamb chops, a montrous, savory prime rib, and barbecued baby back ribs. We have two seating areas - a casual, fun lounge and a beautiful dining room which is divided for those seeking to crack open some hot steamed crabs and those seeking intimacy. Seafood is flown in daily to ensure unrivaled freshness and to allow for new specials every evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jimmy's Famous Seafood - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Jimmy's Famous Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (16)great for brunch (14)hot spot (13)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Best crabs ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014Who knew? Trying to find available crabs on a day when 100,000 tourists were in Balto, they told me not only did they have Jumbos, but they would Reserve them for us for that evening. When we arrived, we decided to have side orders first instead of appetizers. Our eyes bugged out when we tasted the unbelievable mashed potatoes and greek style green beans. They tasted like they belonged in a $$$$ restaurant. We had good hopes for the crabs. Once again, the 4 of us almost fell over when our outstanding server dumped out the 1st pot of crabs onto our table. In all our years, we had never seen such HUGE crabs (and I always order jumbo) that were so heavy and sweet ! Wow - what an evening, what a restaurant!Special Features:
- Ehh, not what I was expectinggona0327VIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was great from my standpoint despite being out of the soup that was listed on the specials menu. My brother on the other hand thought his pasta seafood dish tasted like what he described as dishwasher detergent. The drinks took forever to come, despite the restaurant not being crowded. You can tell from the messes left on tables and the manager having to ask on more than one occasion who's table it was that the place is poorly run. It's also apparent that it's poorly managed. This place is in need of some kind of revamp to stay relevant by their 50th anniversary. I took a chance as a tourist and ventured beyond the limits of the inner harbor for which I've been to on a few occasions. This was certainly not worth it.
- Second chancetastefulDined on 9/7/2014The waiter removed our appetizer once our entrée arrived without asking were we done. My date was very irritated. overall, everything was ok. It is more of a casual dining experience. When I go out to dinner I really don't want to share the dining room with those eating steamed crabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake DelightRVAVistorNBMoreDined on 9/6/2014All I can say is order the Crab Cake Platter. To die for (the price might make you pass out, but it is worth it). A moderately good selection of wines. Not far from Inner Harbor. I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFeedmeDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing, hands down. The service on the other hand was not so great. She forgot two items that were included with our meal. There was also a dish that was wrong and our waitress added an extra item to our bill and when we pointed it out she didn't seem suprised at all, which took over 20 minutes for her to fix it. It was very strange and disappointing since this restaurant has amazing reviews from locals and we could not wait to try it! At least the food was excellent. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodtigger64Dined on 8/31/2014The food was fantastic, and so was the service. They had a large selection of dishes, and their crab cakes and crab imperial were delicious. The only thing I would change is the lighting. We were placed in a corner, and had a hard time seeing the menu due to being so dark and the print and the background of the menu was dark colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodOsubuck20Dined on 8/29/2014Best crab cake I've ever had. Service and hospitality were impeccable. My family and I were visiting the area and we will visit Again next time we are in the Baltimore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service and good foodmsbmoreDined on 8/16/2014Seated right away after arriving 30 minutes early for our reservation. Waitress was nice and attentive. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEssexGalDined on 8/15/2014Been here 4 or 5 times and don't think I will be going back. The food you can get anywhere and it does not justify the high prices they charge. The servers never seem happy, they don't smile and are too busy to properly do their job, let alone care about their customers. You tell the, how you want something cooked and even after 2 or 3 times, the food still comes back to you incorrectly done. Either they are taking your order properly, the cook does't care or the server isn't paying attention. Or is it a combination of all three? Like I said....mediocre and I won't be going back.Special Features:
- debgalDined on 8/15/2014The food was not great at all! The restaurant is very dirty and dingy looking. And rather expensive for the lack of imagination. Boring place, boring menu, boring food. Maybe their crabs are better!
- Thanks for the MemoriesMemoriesDined on 8/15/2014As a former Baltimore City employee, I have fond memories of Jimmy's and their seafood. I had dinner with one of my daughters and it brought back some great times when I would have a cold beer (or two) with crabs at Jimmy's after our softball games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb seafoodCathyDined on 8/10/2014You cannot go wrong with Jimmy's. The absolute best crab cakes. Here was a wonderful assortment of seafood aps. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Excellent crab cakesMorepleaseDined on 8/9/2014Very good dinner with the Taste of Baltimore deal. Restaurant offered great choices and generous portions. We especially enjoyed the sampler appetizer and the crab cake entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeeTeeDined on 8/9/2014W e ordered from the restaurant week menu...stuffed shrimp were small and tri color potatoes and mixed veges were just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadOrioles19Dined on 8/7/2014Had heard about Jimmy's for years, so we went for Restaurant Week. The food was good, but crab cake not as tasty at other places. Their regular menu looks better.Special Features:
- Great FoodhappyfatboyDined on 8/7/2014i've always heard that Jimmy's had great food, and it lived up to the hype. The whole experience was great from appetizer, to entree and dessert to the service. This experience didn't fall short and i'm looking forward to going back to try some new dishes soon!Special Features:
- Great food, good times!foodie423Dined on 8/5/2014We have been going to Jimmy's for years but decided to give them a try for Baltimore Restaurant Week. The menu was diverse, and they were very accomodating as I have a crab allergy. Our server Tabitha was patient, kind and constantly checked-in on us. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Crab cakes and steamed crabs were very good; their extra larges were the largest extra larges I've had! Service was mediocre at best; it took the server up to 30 minutes to get me water refills.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014The place was not that busy and our server was really slow. The food was just ok. Nothing to brag about. I had the crab cake and veggies. I may return to try their crabs.
- SashaDined on 8/3/2014My first experience I had a new waiter not good!!! She forgot some of our orders and to take up our plates and refill our drinks we had to talk to the manager but we was nice to her not a good first experience but the food was very good and the noise level just to Dame!!!!!! loud and to dark I had to pull out my cell for light to read the menu!!!!I will be back again hopefully under better experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except for ParkingBobSDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent, especially the cream of crab soup. The service was wonderful, friendly and attentive. Unfortunately due to an event in the Hall, parking was EXTREMELY LIMITED! We would definitely go back. The steamed crabs looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014I decided to give this place a try. The food was fresh, hot and tasty; however, the service was not good!Special Features:
- Always a Winner!!!TomasVIPDined on 8/3/2014Jimmy's was celebrating Restaurant Week. The menu was a bit limited but the crab cakes were still there.....and as usual.....terrific. We started off with our Maryland Crab Soup--the best around. We come from Annapolis for their crab cakes and soup. So you know how good Jimmy's is right there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisgustingMoniqueDined on 8/3/2014The food was horrible and tasteless, and the service was despicable, I had to literally call the restaurant to get service at my table. I would not recommend this place to Hitler's dog.
- Too busy for usLiketodineDined on 8/2/2014Arrived for a reservation. Hostesses(2) acted silly, immature and lacked professionalism. Even made a poor comment about my name to my face). Place was extremely loud. When we asked to be seated in another seat, the hostess told us to find our own table. After finding something, we waiting for 20 minutes after requesting to have our server. Dinner served was OK. Waiting atleast 20 minutes after begging for our check from another employee to receive it.
- Restaurant weekAngiebDined on 8/2/2014The food was good. We had to wait even though we had reservations. The restaurant week menu they had was misleading. Overall the food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Crab cake was one of the best in town! Also had salmon topped with crab that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You couldn't ask for more crabKerrbearDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I normally eat in Columbia, where he lives, and I'm glad to find a nice spot with good food of my end of town. We had the crab nachos, which were out of this world. Our waitress said the entrees came with only one side, and she made the strange decision to make my boyfriends crab soup his side so that his entrée was just a hunk of cow and half a lemon (beautifully wrapped and tied with a bow.) There were a few loud parties nearby so it got a little loud but overall the ambience was pleasant. The food was a little expensive but the portions were large. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Jimmy's famous seafoodAileen12Dined on 7/17/2014I had been in Jimmy's for many times and liked it. However, yesterday's experience was not good. The waitress strongly recommended us to buy the extra large crabs and promised to be very large. When the crabs came? They were only a bit bigger than that of medium size, and the waitress apologized for this without any further explanation. In addition, at the time we got the cheque she already included 18% gratuity even we had 4 people on the table....It really depends which waitress, I had very good and satisfactory service by other waitresses.Special Features:
- We found a winner!!!TomasVIPDined on 7/13/2014We love coming to Jimmy's. Today we had the Maryland Crab Soup, crab cakes and broiled salmon. The soup is outstanding...some of the best you will find in Maryland. And the crab cakes were the best we've ever had--and we're from Annapolis. Nothing there compares. The wild salmon was also very well prepared. We'll be back. Although not in the best area of Baltimore, the food makes up for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigEDined on 7/5/2014Friendly atmosphere- good wait staff- summer menu good, not great- it is much much too loud- very difficult to talk with table partners at table for fourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crabs in USATheCrabLover1Dined on 7/4/2014When one desires to experience the true and real flavor of Baltimore crabs a visit to Jimmy's is mandatory!!! Truly one of America's finest examples of great eating.
- CROWD PLEASERPASMDined on 6/29/2014When I have guest from out of town, I take them to Jimmy's for some good seafood or not. Many have enjoyed the steaks and some of the pasta dishes....BRAVO AGAIN!Special Features:
- Worth the rideDissapointingDishVIPDined on 6/22/2014I live in center city Philly, Sunday nice day to take a ride. 2 hours away was JIMMYS in Baltimore..we went for lunch. Crab cake is their #1 menu item so of course that is what I had. It was outstanding..loaded w/crab meet hardly any filler. Home made cole slaw & it was a meal that kept you full past dinner time. My friend had the po boy..very tasty, not exactly New Orleans..but good. Chowder he said was excellent! Beat any crab cake I ever had in Philly or NJ. Wish it was located closer to Phila.Special Features:
- Great foodTeetsDined on 6/21/2014This quick gem is located only minutes from the tunnel and is so worth the $4 coming and going. Although the cocktail wasn't as strong as it ought to have been, the food more than made up for it. The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N/ADinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Not worth reviewing! Said it all in my ratings. Not to worry, there won't be a return visit!
- Finished with Jimmy'sEdieDined on 6/20/2014First tried Jimmy's a few years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed the food - the experience was good. This last trip is going to be just that - the last. Food was fair (seafood alfredo with so many huge scallops, the crabmeat(?) was truly lost, the imperial was fair and the dessert was dry). The waitstaff was pretty good, at least. The worst thing was having to speak loud to be heard above the awful noise in the dining room. Since we haven't tried the crabs in the back - I can't say anything about that part of the restaurant.
- Excellent Crabcakes!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014We always take out of town guests to Jimmy's so they can experience the wonder that is crab eating! This time, despite talking to an employee over the phone alerting him to the fact we wanted to eat crabs, we were seated in the main dining room where you are not allowed to eat crabs. Very disappointing. We ended up spending WAY more money than planned due to needing to buy entrees for dinner... That being said, we had their crab cakes for the first time and they are fantastic. All lump and practically zero filler. Despite not being able to pick crabs we had a great time and will go back again.Special Features:
- Geat food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014It was our first time visiting and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was very great! I would recommend this place to anyone! I will be going back again! The menu has so many things to choose from And my server was very attentive ! I give this restaurant 5 stars ! I Made a reservation and only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated ! Great staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.