Jimmy's Famous Seafood
6526 Holabird Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jimmy's Famous Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jimmysfamousseafood.net/
- Phone: 4106334040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:30am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mihail Othitis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have three separate private rooms for catering, hosting parties ranging from 20-250 guests. We specialize in crab feasts, company meeting and presentations, birthday parties, and holiday events. Check out our website or write to email@example.com for complete details and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Two banquet rooms available, holding up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: John Minadakis 4106334040
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday, join us in the front lounge area for a fun night of Karaoke!
A word from Jimmy's Famous Seafood
Since 1974, Jimmy's has exhibited a commitment to excellence in the restaurant industry second to none. Although made famous for our award-winning seafood and steamed hard-shell crabs, our menu also includes various tastes from all over the world, such as grilled lamb chops, a montrous, savory prime rib, and barbecued baby back ribs. We have two seating areas - a casual, fun lounge and a beautiful dining room which is divided for those seeking to crack open some hot steamed crabs and those seeking intimacy. Seafood is flown in daily to ensure unrivaled freshness and to allow for new specials every evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Jimmy's Famous Seafood - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Jimmy's Famous Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (66)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (25)romantic (16)late-night find (15)great for brunch (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fast service and good foodmsbmoreDined on 8/16/2014Seated right away after arriving 30 minutes early for our reservation. Waitress was nice and attentive. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEssexGalDined on 8/15/2014Been here 4 or 5 times and don't think I will be going back. The food you can get anywhere and it does not justify the high prices they charge. The servers never seem happy, they don't smile and are too busy to properly do their job, let alone care about their customers. You tell the, how you want something cooked and even after 2 or 3 times, the food still comes back to you incorrectly done. Either they are taking your order properly, the cook does't care or the server isn't paying attention. Or is it a combination of all three? Like I said....mediocre and I won't be going back.Special Features:
- debgalDined on 8/15/2014The food was not great at all! The restaurant is very dirty and dingy looking. And rather expensive for the lack of imagination. Boring place, boring menu, boring food. Maybe their crabs are better!
- Superb seafoodCathyDined on 8/10/2014You cannot go wrong with Jimmy's. The absolute best crab cakes. Here was a wonderful assortment of seafood aps. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Excellent crab cakesMorepleaseDined on 8/9/2014Very good dinner with the Taste of Baltimore deal. Restaurant offered great choices and generous portions. We especially enjoyed the sampler appetizer and the crab cake entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeeTeeDined on 8/9/2014W e ordered from the restaurant week menu...stuffed shrimp were small and tri color potatoes and mixed veges were just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadOrioles19Dined on 8/7/2014Had heard about Jimmy's for years, so we went for Restaurant Week. The food was good, but crab cake not as tasty at other places. Their regular menu looks better.Special Features:
- Great FoodhappyfatboyDined on 8/7/2014i've always heard that Jimmy's had great food, and it lived up to the hype. The whole experience was great from appetizer, to entree and dessert to the service. This experience didn't fall short and i'm looking forward to going back to try some new dishes soon!Special Features:
- Great food, good times!foodie423Dined on 8/5/2014We have been going to Jimmy's for years but decided to give them a try for Baltimore Restaurant Week. The menu was diverse, and they were very accomodating as I have a crab allergy. Our server Tabitha was patient, kind and constantly checked-in on us. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Crab cakes and steamed crabs were very good; their extra larges were the largest extra larges I've had! Service was mediocre at best; it took the server up to 30 minutes to get me water refills.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014The place was not that busy and our server was really slow. The food was just ok. Nothing to brag about. I had the crab cake and veggies. I may return to try their crabs.
- SashaDined on 8/3/2014My first experience I had a new waiter not good!!! She forgot some of our orders and to take up our plates and refill our drinks we had to talk to the manager but we was nice to her not a good first experience but the food was very good and the noise level just to Dame!!!!!! loud and to dark I had to pull out my cell for light to read the menu!!!!I will be back again hopefully under better experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except for ParkingBobSDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent, especially the cream of crab soup. The service was wonderful, friendly and attentive. Unfortunately due to an event in the Hall, parking was EXTREMELY LIMITED! We would definitely go back. The steamed crabs looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014I decided to give this place a try. The food was fresh, hot and tasty; however, the service was not good!Special Features:
- Always a Winner!!!TomasVIPDined on 8/3/2014Jimmy's was celebrating Restaurant Week. The menu was a bit limited but the crab cakes were still there.....and as usual.....terrific. We started off with our Maryland Crab Soup--the best around. We come from Annapolis for their crab cakes and soup. So you know how good Jimmy's is right there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisgustingMoniqueDined on 8/3/2014The food was horrible and tasteless, and the service was despicable, I had to literally call the restaurant to get service at my table. I would not recommend this place to Hitler's dog.
- Too busy for usLiketodineDined on 8/2/2014Arrived for a reservation. Hostesses(2) acted silly, immature and lacked professionalism. Even made a poor comment about my name to my face). Place was extremely loud. When we asked to be seated in another seat, the hostess told us to find our own table. After finding something, we waiting for 20 minutes after requesting to have our server. Dinner served was OK. Waiting atleast 20 minutes after begging for our check from another employee to receive it.
- Restaurant weekAngiebDined on 8/2/2014The food was good. We had to wait even though we had reservations. The restaurant week menu they had was misleading. Overall the food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Crab cake was one of the best in town! Also had salmon topped with crab that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You couldn't ask for more crabKerrbearDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I normally eat in Columbia, where he lives, and I'm glad to find a nice spot with good food of my end of town. We had the crab nachos, which were out of this world. Our waitress said the entrees came with only one side, and she made the strange decision to make my boyfriends crab soup his side so that his entrée was just a hunk of cow and half a lemon (beautifully wrapped and tied with a bow.) There were a few loud parties nearby so it got a little loud but overall the ambience was pleasant. The food was a little expensive but the portions were large. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Jimmy's famous seafoodAileen12Dined on 7/17/2014I had been in Jimmy's for many times and liked it. However, yesterday's experience was not good. The waitress strongly recommended us to buy the extra large crabs and promised to be very large. When the crabs came? They were only a bit bigger than that of medium size, and the waitress apologized for this without any further explanation. In addition, at the time we got the cheque she already included 18% gratuity even we had 4 people on the table....It really depends which waitress, I had very good and satisfactory service by other waitresses.Special Features:
- We found a winner!!!TomasVIPDined on 7/13/2014We love coming to Jimmy's. Today we had the Maryland Crab Soup, crab cakes and broiled salmon. The soup is outstanding...some of the best you will find in Maryland. And the crab cakes were the best we've ever had--and we're from Annapolis. Nothing there compares. The wild salmon was also very well prepared. We'll be back. Although not in the best area of Baltimore, the food makes up for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigEDined on 7/5/2014Friendly atmosphere- good wait staff- summer menu good, not great- it is much much too loud- very difficult to talk with table partners at table for fourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crabs in USATheCrabLover1Dined on 7/4/2014When one desires to experience the true and real flavor of Baltimore crabs a visit to Jimmy's is mandatory!!! Truly one of America's finest examples of great eating.
- CROWD PLEASERPASMDined on 6/29/2014When I have guest from out of town, I take them to Jimmy's for some good seafood or not. Many have enjoyed the steaks and some of the pasta dishes....BRAVO AGAIN!Special Features:
- Worth the rideDissapointingDishVIPDined on 6/22/2014I live in center city Philly, Sunday nice day to take a ride. 2 hours away was JIMMYS in Baltimore..we went for lunch. Crab cake is their #1 menu item so of course that is what I had. It was outstanding..loaded w/crab meet hardly any filler. Home made cole slaw & it was a meal that kept you full past dinner time. My friend had the po boy..very tasty, not exactly New Orleans..but good. Chowder he said was excellent! Beat any crab cake I ever had in Philly or NJ. Wish it was located closer to Phila.Special Features:
- Great foodTeetsDined on 6/21/2014This quick gem is located only minutes from the tunnel and is so worth the $4 coming and going. Although the cocktail wasn't as strong as it ought to have been, the food more than made up for it. The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N/ADinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Not worth reviewing! Said it all in my ratings. Not to worry, there won't be a return visit!
- Finished with Jimmy'sEdieDined on 6/20/2014First tried Jimmy's a few years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed the food - the experience was good. This last trip is going to be just that - the last. Food was fair (seafood alfredo with so many huge scallops, the crabmeat(?) was truly lost, the imperial was fair and the dessert was dry). The waitstaff was pretty good, at least. The worst thing was having to speak loud to be heard above the awful noise in the dining room. Since we haven't tried the crabs in the back - I can't say anything about that part of the restaurant.
- Excellent Crabcakes!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014We always take out of town guests to Jimmy's so they can experience the wonder that is crab eating! This time, despite talking to an employee over the phone alerting him to the fact we wanted to eat crabs, we were seated in the main dining room where you are not allowed to eat crabs. Very disappointing. We ended up spending WAY more money than planned due to needing to buy entrees for dinner... That being said, we had their crab cakes for the first time and they are fantastic. All lump and practically zero filler. Despite not being able to pick crabs we had a great time and will go back again.Special Features:
- Geat food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014It was our first time visiting and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was very great! I would recommend this place to anyone! I will be going back again! The menu has so many things to choose from And my server was very attentive ! I give this restaurant 5 stars ! I Made a reservation and only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated ! Great staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulCrabbyDined on 6/14/2014We were visiting Bsltimore for the weekend and were referred by some local friends. We wanted maryland crabs. Our reservation was for 845. We arrived early and we weren't seated until almost 930. Then the crabs... They were out of all sizes except "mediums." However, The mediums were actually babies! Good flavor but they were the Smallest crabs I've ever eaten! We complained to no avail. Bottom line- very disappointing. I would not recommend it. Also the crowd on a Saturday was very rough. Not a great place to take the kids!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014As always...absolutely delicious. I enjoy going to Jimmy's for special occasions, like Father's Day, or just anytime.Special Features:
- Excellent value, Unbelievable tasteShopnalotVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were happy to leave the bustling, Pricey Inner Harbor for something a little different. We were one of only a few tables not eating crabs, - the menu offered so many options. None of them dissappointed. My picky 16 year old ordered the Pasta with Seafood. Every bite was another suprise, with large scallops, jumbo lobster chunks, he'll never go back to our pricy Country Club version of the same entree. We cautiously ordered few Sushi rolls from the back of the menu. Aaaamazing! Best Sushi rolls I've ever tasted. Been eating Sushi since the 80's. The rice temp and the freshness and creativity will becon us back. Crab Cake 2nd Best I've ever tasted. Great for families or large parties. Quick service, Attentive Staff. Not fancy!Special Features:
- What?CrabballsDined on 6/13/2014I had to use 50 characters to write this review???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- write upOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/3/2014Dissapointing compared to Open Table write up Local place, looks like it needs some updating, many itmes fried?
- Always a great mealAnniversaryCoupleVIPDined on 5/30/2014We love Jimmy's for so many reasons, but the one today that brought us in is it is close enough to the house, and we can walk there. I don't drink when I'm driving, so this way I can enjoy an adult beverage and not endanger anyone else's life. We had the mixed grill, and the lamb chops and crab cake were absolutely delicious! We're never disappointed by the quality of the meal at Jimmy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice ExperienceTomasVIPDined on 5/26/2014A very nice and pleasant experience.....a wide ranging menu, good seafood and at a very fair price. Generous portions, too. Not located in the best part of Baltimore (Dundalk) but don't let the industrial neighborhood deter you. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was not the easy place to findbernimackDined on 5/23/2014I think the web site needs to be specific about where the happy hour is and specific space for eating crabs.. Was dissappointed I had to move 3 times .. Bar tender in the back bar appeared to be a little over whelm doing Happy Hour as he was the only one..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.