Jimmy's Charhouse - Riverwoods
1111 N Milwaukee Ave
Riverwoods, IL 60015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Jimmy's Charhouse - Riverwoods
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jimmyscharhouseriverwood.com/
- Phone: 8474659300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Haro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Jimmy's Charhouse - Riverwoods
Welcome to Jimmy's Charhouse. Riverwood's premier destination for unique, upscale dining where the absolute finest in steak selection, exquisite wines, and innovative cocktails are enjoyed in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Jimmy's Charhouse sets the standard for exceptional cuisine and impeccable service. Your experience at Jimmy's Charhouse will be unforgetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jimmy's Charhouse - Riverwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice Restuarant - good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. Both dining experiences were very good. Service was very good. Staff was very friendly. I had the French Onion soup which was vey good. We had filet steaks and they were done to perfection and very tasty. The last time we were here, which was about six months ago, we also had stakes and they were very good. I also had the garlic mashed potatoes which I liked as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly, staff did veryTboschDined on 3/7/2014Very friendly, staff did very good job on checking on us. Food came out quickly and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the restaurant on openOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Not the restaurant on open table. Got there said I made reservation through open table and the guy said its not them. However the restaurant we ate at was very good. Lighting was a little dark.Special Features:
- Great Food/PricemsvsecretDined on 2/14/2014First time here. Great food, and VERY Reasonable....even the Wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good reviewarnieDined on 2/8/2014Not only was the food good but the new owner jumped my battery and helped me with my car. Thanks. I understand you will have a new owner and a new name.Special Features:
- Decent food at a good pricearchieVIPDined on 2/1/2014The staff is pretty good, but the food is just ok. If you know what to order and what to stay away from, you can have a decent meal at a good price, and not feel ripped off. For a place called a "charhouse", I would stay away from any steaks. Wood-roasted chicken is fine, as are the burgers. Salads are also pretty good. The facility feels old and run-down- reminiscent of a Wisconsin supper club from the 1960's. We live close, so we go there once a year on a Saturday evening when we can't get in anywhere else. That's the other nice thing about this place- you can always get a table. In a pinch, it'll do fine.
- It was okaysmnrunnerDined on 2/1/2014when we walked into the restaurant, there was about a foot of smoke at the ceiling, which we were a bit taken back. Luckily our friends were not there yet, and waited in the bar, withen 20 minutes, the smoke was gone. The wait service was very good, food was okay, very reasonable.
- The food was very good, itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014The food was very good, it wasn't good for awhile, but it is now.Special Features:
- fun nighttexsunstarDined on 1/11/2014we had a fun night with good friends and could actually hear our conversation! food is consistently good as is service. it's close to where we live and we enjoy coming here.
- Team LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2014I recommended Jimmy's for our Company team lunch. Everyone loved it. The menu had something for everyone and everyone really enjoyed their choices. It was quiet enough for us to talk easily and it was a great experience for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnDined on 12/31/2013I was extremely disappointed in both the food and the service. Maybe that is why the restaurant is now closed soon after I went there for lunch.
- A Warm and Welcoming Christmas EveWhiteStone8VIPDined on 12/24/2013Excellent Service...Excellent Food...On Time!!!!! We loved spending our Christmas Eve family dinner at Jimmy's. The new owner/manager visited each table and all attending us were cheerful and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We ordered steak, chicken and hamburger. The steak was very good, but the chicken and hamburger were very plain, unseasoned. In fact, I don't think the hamburger was seasoned at all. Also I was served mashed potatoes, but with nothing on it, no gravy, etc. I've never been served mashed potatoes before at a restaurant without some gravy option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner choice!2BZ4BSDined on 12/10/2013Business traveler that was simply looking for a good meal... chosen mainly because of proximity, but turned into a great experience. I had the Grecian Lamb Chops -I couldn't asked for better. Colleagues had pork chops and calves liver. The liver was superb! I will definitely return when back in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT service on ThanksgivingMaryDined on 11/28/2013We appreciate that a restaurant is open on Thanksgiving so we can go out, when it's not possible to cook at home. And we really appreciate getting excellent food. But this all was topped by how wonderful the server was, warm, friendly, attentive, just the best! Also, we had to return later as we had left a hat. The very helpful hostess found it under the table, which required extra effort on her part. We will definitely patronize this great place again every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was terrible. Wemaxwell10Dined on 11/23/2013The food was terrible. We did not get our correct orders. When it was sent back, it was also brought back incorrectly. The food was greasy and di not taste good. We were overcharged on our bill,
- Wonderful service!SuzanneSDined on 11/16/2013Mark was our waiter and he was outstanding!! The food was very good but the service that Mark provided made the evening complete! Burgers were yummy and the chicken was quite tasty, but we will definitely return for the great food but mostly for the fantastic service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heading Downhillhomes2sellDined on 11/11/2013After frequenting Jimmy's Charhouse for 25 years or so, I've decided to move on. Although they finally switched up their forever-side dish of steamed broccoli and carrots, it became! broccoli and corn (compatible?). The broccoli was so over-steamed it became drab, edges tinged with yellow. No more lamb chops on the menu (Jimmy's was using an inferior cut of lamb the last few years anyway). My chicken parmesan was so dry and tough it was barely edible. The pasta that came with it was intensely overcooked as well, the noodles so soft they fell apart when being twirled on the fork and spoon. All of this along with a rise in prices has pushed me to find another mid-priced local eatery in the area. This experience was a total disappointment.
- A Quality Dining ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2013Service, food quality, and value have always been exemplary!I would recommend this to a friend.
- night and dayDottDined on 11/9/2013While I have dined at the Jimmy's charhouse in LIbertyville many times, this was my first time dining at the Riverwoods location and I will not be back. My filet was the worst cut of meat I have ever tasted in a filet. Another person in our party ordered a filet and thought the same. Another one in ordered Pork Chops, they were extremely tough. Someone else ordered ribs and they were very dry. One did order Fettucine Alfredo and was very happy with her choice, I did taste it and it wasn't bad so that is why i rated this restaurant fair. We were starving so we did eat about half of our food so it was edible, but for the amount of money we spent it was not worth it !!! Skip Riverwoods and go to the Llibertyville location.
- Not the same Jimmy'sdpsilverDined on 11/1/2013We had no idea that Jimmy's was under new management when walking in. Our first clue was that many of the old standbys were gone from the men. Our waitress was very pleasant, but not helpful. When we finally ordered, it was apparent that things were different. The hamburger was a flat, round prepackaged disc, not something for which you expected to pay $14. The chicken was good and the other two dinners were forgettable.
- Nor what advertised on WebdedhedfredDined on 10/18/2013This establishment advertised itself as a charhouse/steakhouse. It was nothing more that the standard 24-hour Greek style restaurant. Service was horrible. Food worse. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Very enjoyableNancyMantyDined on 10/13/2013We had a terrific dinner. There were eight of us, and the service was prompt and friendly. The noise level was low because it was not full (at 5 pm.) but I suspect it could get noisier as it fills up. My old-fashioned cocktail was delicious and they didn't skimp on the liquor. I really enjoyed the Greek chicken and fettuccine Alfredo, I didn't taste the food of the other people at the table but everyone seemed happy. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not Great - go to LibertyvilleBruceDined on 10/9/2013Atmosphere and food quality were just OK. Not up to the standards set at the Libertyville Jimmy's Charhouse. The real problem set in with our waiter. We needed separate checks for business expense purposes and we made that clear upon our first drink order. We were surprised with the final bill that had one total. OK – so we asked that that total be split (evenly) 4 ways and were told that was not possible. We grabbed a waiter from a nearby table and asked the same question. He was able to take care of it for us. New (inexperienced) waiter – he certainly did not appear or act as if he were new. We will travel the extra miles to go to the Libertyville Jimmy's Charhouse.
- Price Increase Not Worth ItAndyDined on 10/5/2013I have dined at Jimmy's many times over the past 20 years. The recent price increase is not worth the value of the restaurant. $5 for substituting pasta for a potato is ridiculous. The new menu makes the place seem more like a bar than the quality restaurant that I have previously enjoyed. I doubt that my friends and I will be returning.
- we live in DuPage county andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2013we live in DuPage county and needed a halfway point to meet friends from Wisconsin for dinner. Jimmy's seemed a past its prime. Nothing special.
- Good food and valueKyladyDined on 9/26/2013Lots of lunch specials, good prices and huge portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationbrendaVIPDined on 9/21/2013great location and delicious food. they tend to give you lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013The food was terrible. One of the worst meals my wife and I have had in a long time and it wasn't cheap either. Different menu, different food since the new owners have taken over and nothing for the better. And it shows -- the place was nearly empty at 7:30 on a Saturday evening.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceTallBirdVIPDined on 9/7/2013Kudos to Jimmy's Charhouse for the fantastic drinks and meal we had their this past Saturday night. Everything we ordered was made fresh and seasoned perfectly. You have to try their Shrimp De Johnge. It's out of this world. Don't miss out on this great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To this restaurant as emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013To this restaurant as empty as it was on a Saturday night was sad and shocking.
- Vegetables were overcooked,greatpastaDined on 8/1/2013Vegetables were overcooked, portions small, advertised one thing on their menu online but they did not have it when we got there,claimed they changed menu a month ago
- Mediocre serviceShifVIPDined on 7/27/2013Service was way too slow. Got there at 6pm and restaurant was not real crowded. Took close to 1/2 hr to place our order. Waiter did not come around enough. We had small children with us (who were excellent) but they were kept waiting far too long for their meals and then to order some ice cream and then get it. We were there over 2 hrs and that''s ridiculous at 6pm in a not so crowded restaurant and with kids. Won't rush back.Special Features:
- Disappointedcheerful2Dined on 7/19/2013The two pork chops were half the size we get at another local restaurant and more expensive. The ribs were over cooked and tough, as was the chopped steak. The beans were completely ruined by over cooking. The best thing about the meal was the bread and the service was decent. Much better meals can by had for less money in the Northwest suburbs. When making the reservation I said it was a 40th birthday. Most restaurants will offer a piece of dessert to the celebrant. Here the event was completely ignored.
- Food was entered incorrectlyTravelerVIPDined on 7/10/2013Food was entered incorrectly for the kitchen and when they remade it, the chicken was not completely cooked.
- Restaurant was relativelyGeorgeDined on 7/5/2013Restaurant was relatively empty of guests. Menu very limited, prices moderate to high.
- I love Jimmy's!Ek24VIPDined on 6/29/2013There was an awesome singer the night we were there. He livened up the place. The service was excellent by Mary Jo, the mangers Alex and John came by and actually cared about their customers. The food was exquisite with their new menu items. I loved everything about it. Definitely go and check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013I've been going to Jimmy's for dinner for about 20 years. The food this time was not very good. I had the Linguine Calamari. There wasn't enough Aglio Sauce on it. I love the Porterhouse Steaks that you have. You stopped carrying them. My mom had the Pork Chops. They were very thin & very hard to cut. The waiter came by & checked on us a bunch of times. Once we got the bill., we had to flag down the hostess to get him to take the bill with a credit card in it. The one good thing about our visit is that you've added to your Wine List. If you don't change your menu, I will never eat there again.
- The Host was confused whenDisappointedDined on 5/25/2013The Host was confused when we arrived. The white carnation on the table was wilted and brown in a vase of cloudy water. The cocktails and bread were good. Service was so bad that we left a $5 tip. The server never was around to ask if we wanted a second cocktail. I had shrimp de jonghe. The shrimp were smothered in mushy greasey tasteless bread crumbs. My husband had the porterhouse that he described as chewy and tasteless. We both had green beans that were so overcooked that they were gray in color. We waited a long time for our bill and had to flag down another server to ask that someone bring our bill. The food was reasonably priced but of a poor quality. Unless all I want is one drink and bread, I would never return to this restaurant.
- A LITTLE PRICEY STAKE WE ORDEREDOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013A LITTLE PRICEY STAKE WE ORDERED WAS A LITTLE TOUGH