Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa
4104 Lakeshore Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thelandingtahoe.com/dining/
- Phone: (530) 600-3501
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour menu, 3:00–6:00pm (starts 11/28)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Greek
- Executive Chef: Maria Elia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa
The Landing Resort & Spa, Lake Tahoe’s first lakeside five-star luxury resort, has hired British celebrity chef Maria Elia to oversee Jimmy’s Restaurant, serving wood-fired Greek seafood and locally sourced California cuisine. Elia is known for her thoroughly modern take on the traditional dishes from her Greek heritage, an approach that served as the basis for her recently published third book, Smashing Plates: Greek Flavours Redefined (Kyle Books, September 2013), and is playing a key role in the menu at Jimmy’s. Some of the menu items Elia has created for Jimmy’s include carrot keftedes with pomegranate skordalia, rabbit and white bean baklava with lemon chard salad, a pulled lamb burger with beetroot tzatziki, and a tahini, chocolate and lime cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in South Shore ›
Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)scenic view (44)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (39)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (19)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Nice eveningfoodie4evaDined on 11/7/2014Cocktails and wine list was amazing. My husband and I shared 6 of the small plates for dinner. We thought three of them were incredible and the other three we described as simply 'welming'. The Ambiance is nice. We were sitting in a line next to two other couples and were very distracted by them because of the proximity. The waitress was excellent. She was very personable, knew the menu well and was happy to make recommendations. They really let you know that they are happy you came for a Would recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Great for the areaAllaboutthefoodVIPDined on 10/25/2014Mocktails available. Small plates-Wood Grilled Prawns (three large prawns on a bed of creamy grits, specs of feta cheese and micro greens-the prawns were a tad bit dry); Wood Grilled Halloumi (a cheese curd that can be grilled, served with figs and balsamic-it was ok); Kalamata Toast (excellent-toast smeared with baba ghanoush, topped with pulled lamb and pom seeds). Entree-Whole Grilled Branzino (seabass) set on the table. They should've served it. It was good. Stuffed Figs and Textures of Sesame (the only chocolate) desserts. Figs stuffed with nuts and honey (like baklava), wrapped in thin strands of filo dough with a fig leaf panna cotta and a side of yogurt that balanced it all out (awesome!). The Sesame dessert was good but not great.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMeatAndPotatoes1Dined on 10/23/2014First off..I'm not a foodie. I usually steer clear of places like this. However, it was included in the package I bought(which was awesome btw!). Anyway soo glad I tried it. Everything was was good. The food, drinks, and dessert were all top notch. The service was awesome. Try it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & SparyugakuseiDined on 10/18/2014Had a great experience! As a couple of college students, we do not have the money to go out to nice restaurants as much as we want. Jimmy's really made our experience worth remembering. We were given the opportunity to taste various wines before deciding what glass of wine to buy, free dessert for my girlfriend's birthday, and they changed our reservation at the last minute for us. Great and friendly service, we had an amazing time. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealalwayshungryDined on 10/15/2014We had a great time at this restaurant, Greek/ Mediterranean is one of our favourites. We started with the 5 meze plates for $45 (very reasonable). the squid was excellent, tender and chargrilled to perfection, the pulled lamb was delicious great complex flavours. We liked it so much we went back for breakfast a few days later, which was also excellent. A great location, lovely views, good ambience, a real find in South Lake Tahoe!Special Features:
- Best in South Lake TahoeHarryCVIPDined on 10/11/2014My previous favorite restaurant (at Bear Creek Inn) closed two years ago and I've been searching for a replacement ever since. I think I've found it in Jimmy's. This was our second time here, and the food was even better than our first visit in February. We went with the 5-small plate choice, and each taste was different. The chef chooses quality ingredients and uses the sauces and spices to complement the food, not overpower it, as is the norm at many restaurants. Nothing was over salted or over spiced, so you can taste the nuances - a total joy for the palate! Our service was an excellent match for the wonderful food - service with a smile and detailed knowledge of the menu and wine list. Jimmy's is our new go-to restaurant in SLT!Special Features:
- Delicious foodPinewinoDined on 10/8/2014Great spot for tapas style dining . Cuisine is nouvelle Greek with influence from Europe and California. Great wine list , but pricey - very few wines less than $60. Excellent , friendly service.Special Features:
- Delicious tapas!JennDined on 10/1/2014Not only was the service impeccable, the gorgeous interior design only added to the delicious meal we had here. The tapas were some of the most creative and inspiring dishes we have tasted in a while. Make sure to order two orders of the pulled lamb and the octopus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to try this gem!!LocalGourmetClubDined on 9/20/2014This was my third dining experience at Jimmy's. It was exceptional from beginning to end. Our party of 8 loosely refers to ourselves as "gourmet club". This was our night out, and everyone in the group was very happy with the experience. From the wine selections, to the small plate presentations and unique flavors; hands-down one of THE best evenings out at Lake Tahoe. Our entrees were all excellent as well; fresh, unique flavors with attention to every detail. I cannot speak enough about the quality of the meal. The location, with a direct view of the lake is superb and the outdoor patio is lovely. The bar area and dining room are lovelier then shown in the photos! They welcome you with open arms, and amazing food...don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive menu - so so serviceMauipeachVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a wonderful time sharing many small plates ! Inventive and delicious spins on traditional dishes that you don't always find. The Resturant may have been short staffed, we had long delays on drink deliveries and had to remind our server of undelivered item. Silverware keep being taken away either each course but not returned with the next. The lake views at sunset were lovely as was sitting next to the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100 Foot JourneyEvieDined on 9/14/2014The chef reminds me of the movie my husband and I just saw! What she does to change the traditional Greek faire is utterly delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!AliciaDined on 9/14/2014While we were a little hesitant about booking a hotel restaurant, we couldn't be more glad that we did. We had one of the met extraordinary meals we have ever had. The over the top combination of distinct and delicious flavors paired with such beautiful presentation made for an incredible dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive food with a great viewOrcasDined on 9/12/2014We shared 5 small plates and then split an entrée. Everything was exquisite. It was fun ranking 5 great dishes that we both enjoyed. The view of the lake is also wonderful. Jimmy's was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceCathyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great food very creative. The service was great too. The price was reasonable compared to the other popular restaurants of same caliberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in a sea of mediocritycyssfVIPDined on 9/10/2014Being in S Lake Tahoe with its ubiquitous pizza and burger joints, chain restaurants, red sauce Italian and casino buffets, finding Jimmy's was astounding. The chef, Maria Elia, cooks amazing Greek influenced food. The five small plates for $45 is a terrific bargain (enough for two of us for dinner) with inventive unusual food. We had grilled peaches with prosciutto, truffled honey and a Greek cheese I can't spell. The wood fired octopus was wonderful, as was the corn/asparagus polenta, kalamata toast, the only less than stellar dish was the chicken wing confit. The combinations of flavors was artfully executed and well balanced. The wine manager is very knowledgeable - great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blow me awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This was a special occasion for me and my girlfriend. I planned a proposal during the dinner at Jimmy's. Our server, Claire went above and beyond to make it all I wanted it to be and more. We had top notch service from the time we set foot in the restaurant. Claire volunteered to sing a special song to my girlfriend and I and helped create the perfect moment for us that we will forever remember. ALL the staff that were involved played well together and neither of us will EVER forget this experience. Thanks to all at The Landing and Jimmy's! We will be back for the wedding!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding & RomanticLindlouDined on 9/5/2014We love going to Jimmy's! What a great addition to the Lake Tahoe scene. They have done an amazing job and this place is highly recommended for food, ambiance, and overall location. LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Anniversary SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Took the family here for our parents 25th anniversary. It was a complete success. Food was amazing and service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not over-awedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014When we asked for outside seating, the hostess looked us up and down and said all outside seating was booked up. The option to reserve outside seating had not been offered to us, however it was understandable that locals or regulars would choose this option. Our reservation was at 7:30 pm, there was multiple tables available outside at that time. When we left at approx. 8:30, there was even more tables available outside. We saw a couple complain when they were seated inside and they were moved outside immediately. I really wouldn't mind not getting an outside table if the place was packed, but to tell us nothing was available while multiple tables sat empty for our entire meal didn't sit well. We pay the same as everyone else.Special Features:
- Great new addition to TahoeChadDined on 8/31/2014We watched the restaurant and hotel being build over the past year and were excited to try it this year on our annual Labor Day Weekend escape. We booked for the Sunday night with hopes of watching the fireworks from the patio. We opted for the shared plate approach and tried nearly everything. No disappointments at all on the shared plates - all were extremely tasty and was a fun way to order and try different options. Service started off good but as the meal went on, really lagged. Often period where our server was no where to be found which resulted in our meal pushing the 3 hour mark. Dessert was the only disappointment on the food side. The ladies in our group were surprised there were no options with chocolate.Special Features:
- Jimmy's is a Unique TreatAshlandroseVIPDined on 8/30/2014You won't find a better, more scenic or elegant dining experience at Lake Tahoe. Beautifully prepared Mediterranean fare with large and small portions that would satisfy those who prefer quality and quantity. Such beautiful presentation makes it a shame to have to dig in and eat, but, wow, you won't be sorry that you did. The tastes are exotic and wonderful beyond belief!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in TahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014As a local, I have been waiting for good food for years. Finally it has arrived. Food rivals anyplace in SF or Napa and is in a new league for Tahoe. Thanks to the Landing for bringing an outstanding chef and restaurant to our town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!michellegzyDined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious, not overseasoned, and cooked perfectly. The presentation on everything was beautiful, and service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best weekend ever!!!GetawaygirlDined on 8/22/2014We went for a fun girls weekend get away and had a spectacular time. The spa was fabulous, we had a couple of treatments and were very impressed with the service, the well appointed rooms, and the staff was exceptional. The food at Jimmy's was scrumptious, beautiful, and best overall dining experience we can remember. From the front desk to housekeeping everyone was top notch. The location is Tahoe at it's best. Close to casinos, shopping and right on the lake, but really you don't need to go anywhere. The price is worth the experience.Special Features:
- Wine listRebhannaDined on 8/21/2014We ordered a bottle of wine and were told they were out of that one. So we ordered another bottle and that one was also not available. The sommelier suggested other wines which were more expensive than we wanted to spend. Pretty sad when a restaurant has a wine list and the wines are not available!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mendofoodloverDined on 8/21/2014Jimmy's was a wonderful find. We came for an early dinner and were seated as requested at the windows facing the lake. These windows opened completely when it was warm and then could be shut when it got colder so we had the best of both worlds. We had the $45 for 5 small plates and each one was absolutely delicious. The baklava and kalamata toast were particularly outstanding. The service was excellent. I wish we lived closer so we could visit Jimmy's often.Special Features:
- Friendly with a viewKristinaDined on 8/16/2014We were warmly greeted and enjoyed a beautiful sunset during dinner. Everything was delicious. Exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 8/14/2014Jimmy's was excellent. We had 5 small plates for $45 and every dish had its own unique flavor and portions were enough for 2 people. Service was excellent. The server answered our questions and was attentive throughout the meal. I would definitely go back and recommend Jimmy's without hesitation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014We had was one of the most special meals of our lives here. Gorgeous patio with an unobstructed view of the lake. Great service. Refined and knowledgeable but not stuffy. For dinner, we decided to go with 12 small plates, + each was more delicious than the next. standouts include a savory baklava, gazpacho, + flatbread with apricots, almonds, and Greek cheese. On the way in, we noticed the restaurant selling cookbooks, including "Smashing Plates"by Maria Elia. As it turns out, Chef Elia is executive chef here and was cooking that night. Get here any way you can! The kitchen will show you a side of Greek cuisine most people haven't tried.Special Features:
- WowDaveVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a gem. The English chef combines California Cuisine with a touch of Greece. Incredible flavors. Exceeded our expectations. With a name Jimmys and a Greek influence...One would expect ....Also, our server Michael was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 55th Wedding Anniversary Success!GladIGotATableDined on 8/7/2014My parents decided to head back in time for their 55th wedding anniversary and redo their honeymoon trip to Lake Tahoe. That included the newly remodeled "The Landing" for accommodations and dinning. They were not disappointed, they had a fabulous room and the extended family had a wonderful "lunch". On the evening of the Anniversary Dinner, "Jimmy's" staff pulled out all the stops and we had one of the best dinners with the family ever. Right down to the late "50's" music which had to take my parents back in time. Highly recommend for your special events and occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Jimmy's AgainLEMLLMTAHOEDined on 8/3/2014This was our 2nd time to dine at Jimmy's. The first was for our 51st anniversary and this time was to celebrate my wife's birthday. We selected 5 of the "small plates" to share and the quantity of food was entirely adequate for the 2 of us. Each dish was excellent and the presentation was very artistic. Our server "Teryn" (I'm not sure of the spelling) was a delightful South Tahoe native. She was very attentive and friendly and made some recommendations which were spot on. We're looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed!Revue1Dined on 8/2/2014Stayed at The Landing and ate here on our first night. We were seated at an extremely small table for two right next to a group of 12 25-ish kids getting ready to attend the Lady Ga Ga concert at Harvey's and you can just imagine how loud and boisterous they were! We asked to be moved but were told by the manager that there were 4 large groups in attendance and there were no available tables, even though there were 2 open tables distant from the group in the same room and one across the aisle. Just as we finished dinner, a hostess offered to move us to one of the 3 tables mentioned above that were still unoccupied! Very disappointed in the food, service, and personal concerns from restaurant personnel!!! Eat elsewhere!!Special Features:
- Truly impressiveDragonVIPDined on 7/29/2014I can't say enough about this place. Service was exceptional, food on par with a top San Francisco dinning experience, a true mixologist at the bar working with high end spirits, an impressive wine list all in a beautiful space and setting. There is nothing like this in Lake Tahoe, this is it.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Lake View DiningGenejanDined on 7/25/2014During this past two weeks, I have dined at Jimmy's on two separate occasions, and both times the food was creative and delicious. This restaurant is new to the Lake and a place where adults can have a special dinner or just drinks and appetizers. There are times on vacation where adults need a place to escape, and I believe that Jimmy's accomplishes that need. Since I heard that the kitchen has a wood-burning oven, adding pizzas to the menu would be a great idea, especially since this is a mountain resort area.Special Features:
- Service?tahoelocalDined on 7/21/2014When the host seated us she asked if we would like something from the bar and my husband ordered a beer. Our server came over with menus and came back to take out order, still no beer. My husband then ordered a beer from the server. When were ready to leave we were asked to give our valet parking tag to the hostess. She told us to wait out front and she would call for the car. 30 minutes later no car, so my husband walked around to the back and picked up the car from valet. The valet attendants told him they never received a call from the hostess and were sorry for the delay. The hostess is the first, and in this case the last person we had contact with. Wasted 1 hr waiting for drinks and the car, probably won't go back.
- Tahoe needed a place like this!FoodiefromSacDined on 7/19/2014Everything about this restaurant was fabulous from the service to the food to the atmosphere. The presentation of the food was wonderful. Oh, and don't forget about the view. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Jimmy's epic evening!TahoeDawnDined on 7/17/2014Sitting outside across the beach from the lake watching the sunset... how does it get better than that? Oh! The amazing Mediterranean small plates, entree's... so different and delicious!!! Topping it all off was Kelly, our amazing server and guide through the sometimes unfamiliar menu... a perfect date night on a perfect Tahoe evening!Special Features:
- First time at Jimmy'slocaldiner1Dined on 7/17/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Jimmy's at the Landing. We were greeted by most courteous and friendly valets and shown to the restaurant. We were seated immediately in a very private corner with a view of the lake. The menu was astounding. Everything was exquisitely prepared and delicious. Our servers were also very attentive and informative. We couldn't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JpdivaDined on 7/14/2014Found this on open table reviews and booked before we came to Tahoe. We were NOT disappointed in any way. Part of the menu are small plates that you can get and share to get a variety of the selections. There were 3 of us and they made sure there was 3 of everything on each plate. We ordered an Amaretto Sour and waiter said they were out of Amaretto but bartender would make from scratch. It was the best cocktail I have EVER had! Service was exceptionable, food was tastey and unique, and the view of the lake incredible. Will eat here every time I come. You must have the White Polenta. Best thing I've ever eaten!!Special Features: