Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar
205 South Mill Street
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jimmysaspen.com/
- Phone: 9709256020x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 11pm. If your desired reservation time is unavailable online, please call for additional reservation times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Yeager
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: During Season we have a Latin Dance Party every Saturday night starting at 10:30. Featuring Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Bachata Dancing as well as occasional Argentine Tango.
A word from Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar
If your desired reservation time is unavailable online, please call for additional reservation times. Jimmy's is located in the downtown core of Aspen with panoramic mountain views. Jimmy serves what he calls, "Fierce American Food," the finest Steaks, Seafood, and Comfort Food. The local’s favorite bar features an award winning selection of Tequilas and Mezcals.Salsa, tango dancing Saturday nights at 11pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (19)scenic view (15)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (12)romantic (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nice dinnerBoomerDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was excellent. We had one steak that was not cooked correctly and the staff took care of it with no questions. The crab cakes everyone needs to try. The biggest issue was the noise level in the restaurant area. Unfortunately there is no private rooms for large groups. There was two large groups of 10 or more people sat next to us and the noise level went off the charts. I would not recommend for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatloafMattDined on 9/9/2014Meatloaf was awful , sauce way to strong like trying to hide something Good wine list but over priced Service by Sarah very good From the review's we were looking forward to our dinner at Jimmy's but were sadly disappointed Would not go back as there are many other restaurants in Aspen MSpecial Features:
- Wrong reservation tumeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014My reservation which was booked on Open Table was for 7:30. I had an email Conf and had received a confirming call fro Jimmy's. Yet when we arrived the hostess insisted the reservation was for 7:30 and showed her the email and told about the phone call. She was somewhat rude and made some remark about us having booked on Open Table. After much conversation we were seated. Not a good way to begin the evening .
- markMarkDined on 8/25/2014Service was terrible. Food was fair at best. Lamb chops were greasy and mushy. Waiter tried to overcharge on wine and drinks. Complaints to the manager were quickly rectified but the overall dining experience was far less than expected.
- First Time DinerMaryDDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was excellent. The outdoor covered patio was a bit crowded and the servers had a challenge navigating around close quarters. It was nice to order an entre and have it come with sides that were included in the meal as opposed to everyhting a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concierge eating dinner at Jimmy'sBethDined on 8/1/2014I am a concierge here in the Aspen area. Two of us had dinner at Jimmy's. Food was great. I had the cowboy ribeye. My boyfriend had the trout. Both were excellent entrees. Food does come out fast....so don't order right away if you want to linger over a few cocktails first. I will send our guests to Jimmy's and we'll go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereanniversaryfunDined on 7/26/2014Late night anniversary date. Food was still fresh and tasted great. Service was still tip top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RbartonDined on 7/25/2014We had been to Jimmy's about 4 years ago and they had Salsa Dancing on Friday/Saturday nights. We recently checked Web site and it had stated that they still had Dancing on Friday / Saturday nights to a live band. We were dissappointed that they had stopped the Swing/Salsa Dancing upon our arrival to Aspen. To be fair, the hostess at Jimmy's had saw our request in Open Table to be somewhat close to the band, and she called us earlier that day to inform us that they no longer had dancing at Jimmy's. Bar is hotspot and flows into the dining area which makes it quite noisy until around 9:00pm. Wasn't that impressed with the overall ambiance or food. It was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElspethDined on 7/24/2014It's mediocre. Not the best meal in Aspen and certainly not the worst. Lamb chop appetizer and spinach artichoke dip very good. Other than that, nothing noteworthy. Decent wine list. Very warm upstairs in summer time. Good for big groups though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodPickyeaterVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our first time eating at Jimmy's and it was amazing. Crab cakes, tomato burrata salad, lamp chops and shrimp cocktail were special. Fresh, tasty and not your average meal for sure. We are definitely going back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The drinks and food were awesome! My husband and I both had steak, and salads. I had a Margarita and he had red wine. It was all awesome! The restaurant is a little noisy, and Saturday night was pretty busy! The only problem we had, our waiter was cut before we were done. His replacement asked if we wanted dessert, and was supposed to bring us the menu. Fifteen minutes later, he returned and asked if we wanted anything else!?! Because we didn't get the menu, we didn't do dessert (which we would have done)!Special Features:
- Overall a good choice.tex4211Dined on 7/19/2014I've been to Jimmy's before with in years past wtih friends for small plates and drinks. In town with my children and parents and decided on Jimmy's. Was a good choice. I had the trout and was one of the most memorable dishes that I've had...and my girlfriend agreed. I also enjoyed the gazpacho. While the crab cakes were fresh and had a lot of crab, was not my favorite - too much mayo or something, but my 7 year old daughter liked them. Lobster mac and cheese is tasty. Reasonably priced for Aspen. Pretty loud. Our server was great. Recommend.Special Features:
- A tradition when visitingKatyNJDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend lives by aspen and whenever I come to visit from New Jersey, Jimmy's is a must. Everyone is so friendly, the view is stunning and I've never had one complaint while being there. Jimmy's Mac is delicious for all of the Mac and cheese lovers and the steaks are perfect. Service is great everyone is so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too warm and understaffed.InDaBizPlusDined on 7/13/2014The lack of air conditioning resulted in a humid, warm environment that was less than comfortable. The inattentive staff argued that the reason for the lackluster service was that management anticipated less patronage that evening and scheduled too few servers. I've eaten at Jimmy's in the winter many times and had great meals. However, this was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Worth a visitCCDINERVIPDined on 7/8/2014Table for 4 at 7 on a wed night....bar packed, restaurant pretty empty. Good thing, as it must be noisy when full..so many tables, so much wood. The fish entrees were great , salmon, tuna and halibut. The BBQ sauce on meatloaf too sweet for us. Delicious hot fudge sundaes and a great cocktail list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes (other than my own)pattica1Dined on 6/30/2014Steven one of our servers was delightful in his greeting..table for 2 outside overlooking the town.. Margarita made exactly as my friend requested. Pretzel bread sticks arrived in perfect sync as Gazpacho w/crab & the crab cake which rivaled my own! Thanks to my friend Ann who recommended Jimmy 's & her favorite locals spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun meal at JImmy's barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014I eat at the bar. The two bartenders, Jacob and Erin, were great. They were very friendly and quick with service. Jimmy's has a great location with beautiful view of the Aspen mountains. Locals are very friendly to outsider just traveling through. I come back here every time I come to AspenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Had a great time on a Saturday night with a group of 8 girls for a bachelorette party. Service was great, food great. Thanks for being part of our weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointPattyjoVIPDined on 5/26/2014Read the reviews and decided to give it a try. Cocktails and food were great! Would go again the next time in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Jimmy's An American Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- ReviewLarryDined on 5/16/2014Very good service and food. Somewhat overpriced. Presentation excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCruiserDined on 5/14/2014Jimmy's was our all time favorite! We enjoyed the pretzel bread, the food and the drinks. Had a great time.Special Features:
- Still the Best in Aspen !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014This place always goes above and beyond.... Outstanding Food, Tremendous Sevice (with attention to detail), Excellent Bar Scene.. Always a treat !!Special Features:
- special nightwedblissDined on 4/10/2014The service at Jimmy's was excellent, very attentive and drinks and food received in a timely manner. The bar was very busy and loud but the dining room was perfect for conversation while we ate the delicious food. We would definitely recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- So soblansetteVIPDined on 4/8/2014The food was nothing special but dessert was much better.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2014Only good things to say about Jimmy's. Quite expensive but worth it for a special mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in AspenKathrynDined on 3/13/2014We loved our dinner. The service was great and we were even served a bottle of wine from the cellar based on a conversation with the sommelier. The steak was superb and the small portions were just right for a smaller appetite!Special Features:
- We recently visited aspenWojoVIPDined on 3/13/2014We recently visited aspen and ate at several restaurants in town including Brexi, Pinon, and the Trecinto italian restaurant in the St. Regis. Jimmy's definitely had the best atmosphere and the food was fantastic. The restaurant gets really packed, especially the bar but its a fun place with great food. I would not recommend the italian restaurant at the St. Regis though, its actaully the exact opposite of Jimmy's in terms of food, ambience, service, etc.
- Great crab cakesATLdinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014Crab cakes had been recommended, and were delicious - large lump crabmeat with little filler. Others in group thought Kobe steak, lobster bisque and lamb appetizer were good. Hamburgers and mac and cheese were great. Pleasant room, good wait staff, not much ambiance or view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's American restaurantCristypcbDined on 3/6/2014Did not disappoint . It was a good time. The food was delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2014We sat at the bar and it was a fun way to dine. Great wine and great food and excellent service at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's Restaurant - Aspen, COValmcrobertsDined on 3/4/2014Always a must go-to restaurant while we are in Aspen. The food is consistently great, excellent service, and always a great place to people watch. Lively bar. Excellent wine selection. Whether you eat in the bar or in the dining room you will not be disappointed. The Ciopinno is one of the best dishes on the menu, but their steaks rank right up there too! The meatloaf is a favorite as are their burgers. A bit noisy but that only adds to the flavor of the restaurant. Hope you check it out ....Special Features:
- An institutionLuvfoodDined on 3/3/2014We went to Jimmy's as our special dinner in Aspen as we had heard so much about it. The first really pleasant surprise was the lively bar scene which looked, sounded and felt quintessentially Aspen. The main dining vibe was clubby with the most comfortable seating. The food was outstanding and beautifully presented. We had grass fed Colorado beef which was cooked to perfection and served with a delicious kale salad, the crab cakes ( big portion!) and the sea bass which came with Asian greens - beautiful. We didn't have dessert though I'm sure it would have been outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner at Jimmy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014We have to dine at Jimmy's when in Aspen! Everyone we've taken there agrees!
- Don't botherLukeDined on 3/1/2014For all its hype it was sorely disappointing. The steaks were mediocre at best and the wine way overpriced.
- Always wonderful. Mark, theLVMummyVIPDined on 2/28/2014Always wonderful. Mark, the wine guy, is very knowledgeable & helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwayscnellDined on 2/23/2014We've always eaten at the bar and love the nightly specials, but this was our first visit to the dining room. The food was great as expected, even if the mushroom soup was a little bland. Entree portions were quite generous, and desserts were absolutely fantastic (we ordered the cheesecake and carrot cake),Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKHdinedesignDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious. Our server really knew his bourbon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Aspen Gem!whycookVIPDined on 2/6/2014Enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass and Jimmy's Meatloaf; great martinis too! Pleasant and efficient wait staff ~ an overall nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aspen's sure thing.MikeyDined on 1/30/2014Always the same quality. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Outstanding!NottoDined on 1/30/2014My husband and I dined at Jimmy's on our honeymoon. I had requested a table by the window on my booking request and stated it was because we were on our honeymoon. As soon as we arrived the red carpet was rolled out for us, we had the table by the window, complementary champagne and we were made to feel really special. On top of that, the food was unbelievably good! We loved every dish we ordered. I would thoroughly recommend anyone to visit Jimmy's Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.