Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
107 Edinburgh Dr. Suite 131
Cary, NC 27511Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jimmyvssteakhouse.com/default.aspx?pageId=1
- Phone: 9193808210
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Broyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet Room, The Boardroom, is a great place to host a party. We plan wedding rehearsals and reception dinners, cocktail parties and many corporate dinners. With the capacity to host up to 90 people and the elegant setting, we are the perfect place for any occasion. Corporate holiday parties book up fast so give us a call today and reserve The Boardroom for your function.
- Private Party Contact: Helen Burrell 9193808210
A word from Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
Jimmy V"s Steakhouse specializes in hearty, traditional steaks and chops with our courteous and friendly service. We also feature fresh, local seafood, homemade desserts and one of the areas most extensive wine lists. Our fine cuisine, atmosphere and impeccable service create a truly memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (14)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great steak house!CookinDocsDined on 10/18/2014This is a fantastic local steakhouse. The food was fantastic, cozy atmosphere, and even the performing musician was great. My only complaint is it's a bit hidden. Hard to find-but a true gem when you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Cary SteakhouseTXGalInNCDined on 10/7/2014We should have visited Jimmy V's sooner! What a wonderful birthday dinner we had with our son and family. We were greeted by a gracious host and it was a quiet table as I had requested due to a hearing impaired relative. The food was excellent from the seafood starters to the Cowboy Rib Eye. My favorite was the creamed spinach and green beans. The service was excellent and Alec was amazing! She was friendly and attentive to our needs without hovering, loved that! I also noted in my reservation request that it was a birthday and they brought a wonderful dessert in addition to a birthday card. Impeccable service and wonderful experience. Already spreading the word and we will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Just awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Went with some friends and it was awesome as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014First time here and reservation for 5 on a Saturday night thinking they would be busy. They weren't. I had a drink at the bar. The bartender seemed annoyed to be working. The other bartender was friendly. We were seated on the patio. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The food is expensive and everything is a la carte. I have no problem with this but this sets an expectation of quality which was not carried out. Steak was more rare than medium rare and was not a 6oz more like a 4oz. Asparagus was overcooked and hollandaise too thick. Baked potatoes were outstanding. Red wine pour not good at all. Mixed drinks were very weak and apparently scrutinized by bar manager to be that way ( top shelf). Sullivan's is a better choice.
- Awesome EveningTrixieDined on 9/26/2014Everything about our first visit to Jimmy V's was top notch. We were seated promptly and service throughout was perfectly paced and attentive. All of our menu selections were well prepared and served. Our create your own seafood sampler appetizer of pan seared scallops, lump crab cake and chilled lump crab with browned butter was a real treat. The ancho chili rub on my filet was delicious, as was the charred balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts and crunchy salt crusted baked potato. Like other fine dining restaurants, the menu is pricey. However, the key is feeling like it was worth every penny when you walk out the door afterwards. Jimmy V's was well worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceBigHogMollyDined on 9/26/2014We had dinner at Jimmy V's to celebrate parents weekend at Campbell University. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- First Time to Jimmy V'sWolfpack74VIPDined on 9/26/2014Best steaks ever! Very good service, very helpful waitress. Mac & cheese with bacon was incredible, other sides average (one pound potato was not even close to big enough to share, like we expected; roasted/grilled veggies overcooked, nothing special). Too expensive for regular visits but really good food.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!TammyDined on 9/22/2014The food was great. Service was a little slow, but we did have a large group. Lighting was dim, so all used their phone for light to read menu. It is a great setting for a romantic evening or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again...TriangleTasteBudVIPDined on 9/19/2014Once again Jimmy V's DELIVERS..When we are looking for a RELIABLE meal that truly takes DINING to a NEW LEVEL, Jimmy V's is always in the mix of where we may go..we love the food choices, friendly & attentive staff and the ability to relax and enjoy THANKS JIMMY V's stay TRUE to your roots!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014We hav been there before but this time wait for the main coarse was very long. steaks and prime rib were not up to their good standards. Very disappointed with this visit.
- excellentWorldjetsetterVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been to jimmy vs for many years, its always an excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBeenBetterDined on 9/5/2014Best steak in the area. Lobster amazing Bit pricey but really good foodSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceGnaff9093Dined on 9/5/2014I was impressed. The service was good even though my entire party was not all there; we made the best of it and so did Jimmy V's. I recommend this place to anyone searching for a nice steak house restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Meal by Chef ZaniniKristalDined on 8/30/2014I am thrilled to say that the staff at Jimmy V's did not let me down. Having known Chef Zanini for over 25 years, I had yet to try his menu due to living in Colorado (bit of a drive!) While visiting my folks, we went there for dinner to celebrate my parents finally moving out west and selling their home. Chef provided me with a tasting of some of his favorites, to include but not limited to...bone marrow with foie gras, parsley coulis, and pickled shallots (my favorite course of the night); seared peppered ahi tuna; a small filet with gnocchi in a mustard sauce (second favorite); and cioppino (tied for second favorite...along with dessert!) Oh, who am I kidding...I loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Ambiance Not So MuchStickwithmekidDined on 8/28/2014The odor of a smelly plug in vaporizer permeated the restaurant to me, but not to my dining partner. It was a slow night and the poorly lit dining room felt a little uninviting. A good lighting plan would improve the ambiance, although the overall décor needs refreshing. The food was very good to excellent, and portions were generous. Service was attentive and friendly. Our drinks in the bar before dinner seemed a bit on the weak side and he bartender brought them without cocktail napkins. Glasses of wine with dinner were a little skimpy too. I would still recommend Jimmy V's and we will be back - largely on the strength of the food. Better lighting, updated décor, and no fake smell machine would be a big help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Cook Steak CorrectlyNCvisitorDined on 8/26/2014Jimmy V's states very clearly in their menu that Medium is pink with a red center and Medium-Well is pink throughout. My wife definitely likes her steak pink and I'm willing to tolerate a pink center or even just past that. We both ordered filets Medium-Well and both steaks arrived overcooked (no pink at all). I decided to eat mine anyway, because I was starving and it wasn't too overcooked for my taste. My wife sent hers back and after a fairly long wait a second steak was brought out. This one was barely cooked and was red throughout. My wife again sent it back (both times after having the waitress look at it). After a while the steak was brought back - this time overcooked (no pink). My wife left at that point, very upset.Special Features:
- Perfect!FoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014On our trip through North Carolina, Jimmy V's was our favorite dining experience by FAR!!! Everything was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter was personable and knowledgable. His recommendations on everything from drinks, wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert were spot on! He also filled us in on the history of the restaurant. Sounds crazy, but we felt the spirit of Jimmy V there. Honestly, loved everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeradikalbuzzDined on 8/15/2014This is a great steak place that offers hotel grade Hi line quality beef seafood and fowl . Its close by for us locals andis ideal for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try another steakhouseCCA3Dined on 7/22/2014Maybe it was bad timing but had a really bad experience the other night here. Waitress was eh, the exhaust fan was out so the room slowly filled with smoke until they had to open the doors, the main course took 45 minutes to come out after the apps and salads, and to top it all off the ribeye was really poor quality and was tough and chewy. Will never go back. I'll stick with Ruth Chris when I want a $40 steak.
- Delicious/Romantic NightForty6Dined on 7/21/2014Probably the most tender and delicious steak in the Triangle. Huge baked potato. Chocolate Layer Cake is DECADENT! Highly recommended for a romantic night out with that special someone in your life!Special Features:
- Not a place we will run back toBinoDined on 7/19/2014Tables were not set on the patio where we chose to sit so we had to wait for napkins, glasses and actually had to ask for the table to be cleaned as it was clearly dirty! We had to ask for salt and pepper after our meal was served. The server was sweet but seemed disorganized...we were never given the specials - ever! Too bad as my husband would have chosen the mixed grill but never was given the choice! Food was ok - not great. Calamari crisp but drenched in a too sweet relish, husband's steak not top quality and slightly overdone. For the price - we will not recommend or be back anytime soon. There is a lot of work to be done here with waiters, food and overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experiencefrequentdinerDined on 7/15/2014Went to Jimmy V's specifically on a Tuesday because you were offering on line a pre fix menu. When we got there, they said that they no longer do that menu. We invited family with us to try out Jimmy V's and this was within their price range. After a few words with the waiter, he checked with the kitchen and they said they would honor it this one time. Then he brings out two menus instead of four. I felt very uncomfortable and a little upset because it was our anniversary. We had to ask for bread and were not even asked if we wanted dessert, just given the check. Would have had dessert too. I don't think I will go back. Wasn't a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We went to Jimmy V's for the first time on my wife's birthday. The staff was friendly and professional and made great recommendations on the menu. My wife enjoyed the lobster bisque and thought it was excellent. We both had steaks cooked perfectly and flavorful. To finish the meal we enjoyed a complimentary dessert to celebrate my wife's birthday. Overall we were pleased with our experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews archive.
- Special DinnerdinewithconfidenceDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I took another couple to Jimmy V's for a special dinner. Not only were they impressed with the restaurant, but very impressed with the meal. The food was delicious as usual and the service was excellent. We have never been disappointed and will continue to recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quantity over qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014It's too bad that this place cares more about the quantity of customers than the quality of their experience. When I booked our reservation that day, every possible time was available. Yet when we walked in, the manager said they were slammed and the food would take at least 40 minutes. The server explained that this happens all the time. That's just poor management. The food was good, but definitely not worth the wait. Seeing a bunch of harried staff run around kills the ambiance. It's just too bad.
- WAY too darkDogMomDined on 6/13/2014This was our second time eating at this restaurant and my husband remembered it was very dark. It was so dark that we and several other diners had to use the flashlight on their smart phone to read the menu. Server was fairly new and not very knowledgeable about the menu yet. Food was very good. It was my birthday celebration so the best part was a free desert.
- Consistent winner!dcdavisjrDined on 6/12/2014This is my 4th visit to Jimmy V's and they never disappoint. This time we had prime rib that was excellent. Seafood sampler appetizer was also delicious. Tucked in the back of a shopping center and off the beaten path (at least it seems that way to an out of town visitor) it is worth the effort to drive from downtown Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 Year AnniversaryThanksDined on 6/9/2014I booked reservations online for our 30 year anniversary. I wanted this to be a special quiet dinner that would be memorable. Jimmy Vs hit this one out of the park!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerThomasDined on 6/7/2014What an amazing and relaxing dinner we had celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. We rush so much in our day, it was nice to slow down and enjoy each others company and wonderful food & drink. The maitre d' took time with us to diacover a new wine and Bob our waiter went through the menu to recommend a perfect dinner. The attention to detail was amazing. I will definitely be returning and inviting others to go with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisepoohbearDined on 5/23/2014We have been looking for a good steakhouse. Jimmy V's exceeded our expectations. The steaks were incredbile! Cooked to perfection, tender, melted in your mouth. The service was outstanding. All the food came in a timely manner and without any issues. We certainly will be going back. So happy to have found this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappytwosomeDined on 5/23/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and chose Jimmy V's. The service by Bob and Carol was fantastic! We were seated at a great table, food was superb and wine was great. We will surely return. To receive an anniversary card at the end of our meal topped off a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real surprisePOSSERVICEVIPDined on 5/20/2014This was absolutely the best Steak I have ever had. I regularly go to Ruth Chris, Fleming's, etc and none of them have compared to Jimmy V'sSpecial Features:
- Excellent!RandyDined on 5/16/2014This was our first visit to Jimmy V's. My wife and I could not have had a better experience! Great food and great service as well as a very nice environment with a great solo artist playing a light jazz genre!Special Features:
- DisappointingSteelManVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for their Mother's Day Brunch. Food and brunch set-up were just fair. Many dessert items listed on the brunch menu were not available. Will not return.
- Mother's Day BrunchHometownGuyDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our visit to Jimmy V's for their special Mother's Day brunch. I was kind of hesitant about trying their breakfast items since that's not their specialty but the food was delicious! The restaurant added gratuity to the tab which I am guess is to ensure you pay it. It was quite hefty . . . over $20 for $75 bucks worth of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMyReviewDined on 5/11/2014The food was great, service was decent, but the main issue was the 25% included gratuity in the bill. 25% for a buffet!. Buffet was overpriced enough at $35.95 per adult, but to then add 25% more to the bill was insane.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceJoyful47Dined on 5/11/2014I took my spouse and family to Jimmy V's for our Mother's Day celebration. This was our first visit, so we were not sure what to expect, but we were not disappointed, especially with the food, atmosphere and the staff. We enjoyed it so much until we are considering it for the celebration of our upcoming 47th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Not knowing anything about this restaurant we chose it for my husband's birthday. It turned out to be a great choice and we would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a high(er) end restaurant and one that is also fun.Special Features:
- GoodJoeMcDined on 3/29/2014It's been awhile since we've been here and the food was great. Our server was very slow and not helpful but it did not create a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I picked your restaurant fromMoelandDined on 3/28/2014I picked your restaurant from a online search for a good Steak Place. I wasn't disappointed. Everything was fantastic. We were a party of seven and everyone loved their meal, one especially enjoyed the Salmon, she was surprized a Steak place could do a Salmon so well. I do however think the prizes on the Steaks were a bit high considering their weren't any sides included. This won't keep me from coming back but I couldn't come back as often as I would like. We were celebrating a Birthday and it was a great experience. Thank-YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.