Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
107 Edinburgh Dr. Suite 131
Cary, NC 27511Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jimmyvssteakhouse.com/default.aspx?pageId=1
- Phone: 9193808210
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Broyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet Room, The Boardroom, is a great place to host a party. We plan wedding rehearsals and reception dinners, cocktail parties and many corporate dinners. With the capacity to host up to 90 people and the elegant setting, we are the perfect place for any occasion. Corporate holiday parties book up fast so give us a call today and reserve The Boardroom for your function.
- Private Party Contact: Helen Burrell 9193808210
A word from Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern
Jimmy V"s Steakhouse specializes in hearty, traditional steaks and chops with our courteous and friendly service. We also feature fresh, local seafood, homemade desserts and one of the areas most extensive wine lists. Our fine cuisine, atmosphere and impeccable service create a truly memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (17)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- excellentWorldjetsetterVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been to jimmy vs for many years, its always an excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBeenBetterDined on 9/5/2014Best steak in the area. Lobster amazing Bit pricey but really good foodSpecial Features:
- Exceptional Meal by Chef ZaniniKristalDined on 8/30/2014I am thrilled to say that the staff at Jimmy V's did not let me down. Having known Chef Zanini for over 25 years, I had yet to try his menu due to living in Colorado (bit of a drive!) While visiting my folks, we went there for dinner to celebrate my parents finally moving out west and selling their home. Chef provided me with a tasting of some of his favorites, to include but not limited to...bone marrow with foie gras, parsley coulis, and pickled shallots (my favorite course of the night); seared peppered ahi tuna; a small filet with gnocchi in a mustard sauce (second favorite); and cioppino (tied for second favorite...along with dessert!) Oh, who am I kidding...I loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Ambiance Not So MuchStickwithmekidDined on 8/28/2014The odor of a smelly plug in vaporizer permeated the restaurant to me, but not to my dining partner. It was a slow night and the poorly lit dining room felt a little uninviting. A good lighting plan would improve the ambiance, although the overall décor needs refreshing. The food was very good to excellent, and portions were generous. Service was attentive and friendly. Our drinks in the bar before dinner seemed a bit on the weak side and he bartender brought them without cocktail napkins. Glasses of wine with dinner were a little skimpy too. I would still recommend Jimmy V's and we will be back - largely on the strength of the food. Better lighting, updated décor, and no fake smell machine would be a big help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Cook Steak CorrectlyNCvisitorDined on 8/26/2014Jimmy V's states very clearly in their menu that Medium is pink with a red center and Medium-Well is pink throughout. My wife definitely likes her steak pink and I'm willing to tolerate a pink center or even just past that. We both ordered filets Medium-Well and both steaks arrived overcooked (no pink at all). I decided to eat mine anyway, because I was starving and it wasn't too overcooked for my taste. My wife sent hers back and after a fairly long wait a second steak was brought out. This one was barely cooked and was red throughout. My wife again sent it back (both times after having the waitress look at it). After a while the steak was brought back - this time overcooked (no pink). My wife left at that point, very upset.Special Features:
- Perfect!FoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014On our trip through North Carolina, Jimmy V's was our favorite dining experience by FAR!!! Everything was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter was personable and knowledgable. His recommendations on everything from drinks, wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert were spot on! He also filled us in on the history of the restaurant. Sounds crazy, but we felt the spirit of Jimmy V there. Honestly, loved everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeradikalbuzzDined on 8/15/2014This is a great steak place that offers hotel grade Hi line quality beef seafood and fowl . Its close by for us locals andis ideal for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try another steakhouseCCA3Dined on 7/22/2014Maybe it was bad timing but had a really bad experience the other night here. Waitress was eh, the exhaust fan was out so the room slowly filled with smoke until they had to open the doors, the main course took 45 minutes to come out after the apps and salads, and to top it all off the ribeye was really poor quality and was tough and chewy. Will never go back. I'll stick with Ruth Chris when I want a $40 steak.
- Delicious/Romantic NightForty6Dined on 7/21/2014Probably the most tender and delicious steak in the Triangle. Huge baked potato. Chocolate Layer Cake is DECADENT! Highly recommended for a romantic night out with that special someone in your life!Special Features:
- Not a place we will run back toBinoDined on 7/19/2014Tables were not set on the patio where we chose to sit so we had to wait for napkins, glasses and actually had to ask for the table to be cleaned as it was clearly dirty! We had to ask for salt and pepper after our meal was served. The server was sweet but seemed disorganized...we were never given the specials - ever! Too bad as my husband would have chosen the mixed grill but never was given the choice! Food was ok - not great. Calamari crisp but drenched in a too sweet relish, husband's steak not top quality and slightly overdone. For the price - we will not recommend or be back anytime soon. There is a lot of work to be done here with waiters, food and overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experiencefrequentdinerDined on 7/15/2014Went to Jimmy V's specifically on a Tuesday because you were offering on line a pre fix menu. When we got there, they said that they no longer do that menu. We invited family with us to try out Jimmy V's and this was within their price range. After a few words with the waiter, he checked with the kitchen and they said they would honor it this one time. Then he brings out two menus instead of four. I felt very uncomfortable and a little upset because it was our anniversary. We had to ask for bread and were not even asked if we wanted dessert, just given the check. Would have had dessert too. I don't think I will go back. Wasn't a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We went to Jimmy V's for the first time on my wife's birthday. The staff was friendly and professional and made great recommendations on the menu. My wife enjoyed the lobster bisque and thought it was excellent. We both had steaks cooked perfectly and flavorful. To finish the meal we enjoyed a complimentary dessert to celebrate my wife's birthday. Overall we were pleased with our experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerdinewithconfidenceDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I took another couple to Jimmy V's for a special dinner. Not only were they impressed with the restaurant, but very impressed with the meal. The food was delicious as usual and the service was excellent. We have never been disappointed and will continue to recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quantity over qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014It's too bad that this place cares more about the quantity of customers than the quality of their experience. When I booked our reservation that day, every possible time was available. Yet when we walked in, the manager said they were slammed and the food would take at least 40 minutes. The server explained that this happens all the time. That's just poor management. The food was good, but definitely not worth the wait. Seeing a bunch of harried staff run around kills the ambiance. It's just too bad.
- WAY too darkDogMomDined on 6/13/2014This was our second time eating at this restaurant and my husband remembered it was very dark. It was so dark that we and several other diners had to use the flashlight on their smart phone to read the menu. Server was fairly new and not very knowledgeable about the menu yet. Food was very good. It was my birthday celebration so the best part was a free desert.
- Consistent winner!dcdavisjrDined on 6/12/2014This is my 4th visit to Jimmy V's and they never disappoint. This time we had prime rib that was excellent. Seafood sampler appetizer was also delicious. Tucked in the back of a shopping center and off the beaten path (at least it seems that way to an out of town visitor) it is worth the effort to drive from downtown Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 Year AnniversaryThanksDined on 6/9/2014I booked reservations online for our 30 year anniversary. I wanted this to be a special quiet dinner that would be memorable. Jimmy Vs hit this one out of the park!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerThomasDined on 6/7/2014What an amazing and relaxing dinner we had celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. We rush so much in our day, it was nice to slow down and enjoy each others company and wonderful food & drink. The maitre d' took time with us to diacover a new wine and Bob our waiter went through the menu to recommend a perfect dinner. The attention to detail was amazing. I will definitely be returning and inviting others to go with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisepoohbearDined on 5/23/2014We have been looking for a good steakhouse. Jimmy V's exceeded our expectations. The steaks were incredbile! Cooked to perfection, tender, melted in your mouth. The service was outstanding. All the food came in a timely manner and without any issues. We certainly will be going back. So happy to have found this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappytwosomeDined on 5/23/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and chose Jimmy V's. The service by Bob and Carol was fantastic! We were seated at a great table, food was superb and wine was great. We will surely return. To receive an anniversary card at the end of our meal topped off a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 289 reviews are from the Jimmy V's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews archive.
- A real surprisePOSSERVICEVIPDined on 5/20/2014This was absolutely the best Steak I have ever had. I regularly go to Ruth Chris, Fleming's, etc and none of them have compared to Jimmy V'sSpecial Features:
- Excellent!RandyDined on 5/16/2014This was our first visit to Jimmy V's. My wife and I could not have had a better experience! Great food and great service as well as a very nice environment with a great solo artist playing a light jazz genre!Special Features:
- DisappointingSteelManVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for their Mother's Day Brunch. Food and brunch set-up were just fair. Many dessert items listed on the brunch menu were not available. Will not return.
- Mother's Day BrunchHometownGuyDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our visit to Jimmy V's for their special Mother's Day brunch. I was kind of hesitant about trying their breakfast items since that's not their specialty but the food was delicious! The restaurant added gratuity to the tab which I am guess is to ensure you pay it. It was quite hefty . . . over $20 for $75 bucks worth of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMyReviewDined on 5/11/2014The food was great, service was decent, but the main issue was the 25% included gratuity in the bill. 25% for a buffet!. Buffet was overpriced enough at $35.95 per adult, but to then add 25% more to the bill was insane.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceJoyful47Dined on 5/11/2014I took my spouse and family to Jimmy V's for our Mother's Day celebration. This was our first visit, so we were not sure what to expect, but we were not disappointed, especially with the food, atmosphere and the staff. We enjoyed it so much until we are considering it for the celebration of our upcoming 47th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Not knowing anything about this restaurant we chose it for my husband's birthday. It turned out to be a great choice and we would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a high(er) end restaurant and one that is also fun.Special Features:
- GoodJoeMcDined on 3/29/2014It's been awhile since we've been here and the food was great. Our server was very slow and not helpful but it did not create a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I picked your restaurant fromMoelandDined on 3/28/2014I picked your restaurant from a online search for a good Steak Place. I wasn't disappointed. Everything was fantastic. We were a party of seven and everyone loved their meal, one especially enjoyed the Salmon, she was surprized a Steak place could do a Salmon so well. I do however think the prizes on the Steaks were a bit high considering their weren't any sides included. This won't keep me from coming back but I couldn't come back as often as I would like. We were celebrating a Birthday and it was a great experience. Thank-YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Background MusicJohnDined on 3/21/2014The only negative thing about dining at Jimmy V's was the volume of the live background music. My wife and I are senior citizens (as were many others in the dining area) and the loud background music was annoying. I enjoy background music, but not when it is so loud that you cannot comfortably talk with others at your table without having to raise you voice or shout. Personally I prefer soft background music. Whenever I dine at a restaurant with live music, it is invariably too loud. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen is spootty.Some foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Kitchen is spootty.Some food prepared very well. Others poorly and served cold. Management defensive and deaf to negative comments.
- Never a disappointmentBascumDined on 3/15/2014We have been traveling 50 miles to Jimmy V's for years for special occasions and when we can slip away. They known for their steaks and have never let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoulesDined on 3/14/2014Jimmy V's always makes our special occasions fantastic. The service is exceptional, food exquisite, and atmosphere of an old speakeasy is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time ExperienceJchawkieDined on 3/1/2014This was out first time at Jimmy V's and we had a great dinner. Jared provided wonderful service and some great recommendations, our food was was good and the wine complemented the cuts perfectly. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Jimmy V's may be considered pricey by some but we found it to be well worth the expense. In every sense of the word....you get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Jimmy V's numerousLove2eatDined on 2/15/2014We've been to Jimmy V's numerous times and always enjoyed ourselves but tonight was quite disappointing. We waited one hour for our food to cook and then when it arrived my husband's $30+ dollar steak wasn't hot.Special Features:
- Worst service ever!NCNative74Dined on 2/15/2014There's not enough room here to adequately review everything about our experience. Suffice it to say we had 5:30 reservations and we left the restaurant at 7:15 having only been served apps and alcohol...complained to manager... no explanation... nothing taken off check...have contacted restaurant directly...
- Good food, better settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was good, but not worth the pricetag. The ambiance was exactly what I was hoping for though. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for V-DayProzacDined on 2/14/2014Excellent steakhouse. Great atmosphere for date night. Not stuffy like a Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but tooOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was good but too expensive. I could have gotten the same cut of neat at Lone Star for 1/4 of the price The wait staff was great The food took too long