Jimmy the Greek Taverna
8221 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Jimmy the Greek Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jimmythegreekrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (561) 477-3272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Greek
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Karaloukas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Jimmy the Greek Taverna
Jimmy the Greek Restaurant or *Taverna* is a family owned and operated restaurant located in Boca Raton, Florida. Jimmy Karaloukas has a long history of fine Greek cooking in South Florida and worked for many of the local Greek Restaurants for years. His talent for fine cooking finally promoted the decision to open his own family business. Having proven to be a success, the restaurant is now being expanded and will continue to serve the locals and visitors the food they have come to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jimmy the Greek Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- gyro HeavenjennbDined on 9/6/2014Gyro dinner is the best! authentic Greek cuisine comfortable laid back atmosphere the people who work there are kind, friendly and we never had to wait a long time for our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for quality and qtyFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food as ok but overpriced and very small quantity for a dinner portion. Host and wait staff very friendly but the older lady that helped us was very forgetful - we asked for water and she never brought it. We asked another waiter and he brought it immediately. Same story when requesting ketchup. Finished dinner still feeling hungry.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Jimmy the Greek Taverna reviews archive.
- best greek foodjennbDined on 7/26/2014we were looking for a good Gyto and good spinach pie somewhere in our neighborhood to have great Greek food and we found it !!we're so excited would recommend this place to anyone the people inside were friendly and cared actually would ask us if we needed anything the man in charge was very polite. food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt Like We Were FamilyvafoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014We had such a warm greeting as if we were family. Very good food and attentive service. Highly recommend the lemon chicken soup and Rainbow trout entrée. First time dining here and look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Family Greek fare, with nicelypmccroskVIPDined on 4/5/2014Family Greek fare, with nicely prepared but basic Greek style favorites. Not upscale, but rather weekday family
- Good food..lots of choices,GFanDined on 3/8/2014Good food..lots of choices, .noisy but you can still talk. Warm pita served before dinner but no tahini with it...they charge for it 95 cents ! I think this is a poor decision that they should re-think. All Greek restaurants serve it with the pitas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All Greek To Me!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Great family Greek restaurant. A bit noisy once it got really busy. But lots of fun and the wait staff was very, very knowledgeable and helpful. Always a good meal! Been going there for years.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was very good. The chicken lemon soup, the Greek salad, and several of the seafood dishes were all outstanding. However, the service was quite spotty. We waited more than 15 min for someone to take our drink order. My impression is that there was not enough wait staff to cover the dining room, which was very full. I would try Jimmy the Greek Taverna again based on the quality of the food. However, if the service was again as slow, it might change my mind about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opppa to great greek FoodMeet2veganVIPDined on 2/18/2014Very good food in an unexpected location. Dolmades hot or cold....I love the cold cause I am vegan... the lentil soup is outstanding and my friends who love meat love their chicken, and sharma. We love have lunch and dinner at Jimmy the Greek.Special Features:
- Although we had difficultyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Although we had difficulty trying to change our reservation from 4 to 10 people it worked out well and we did all get to sit together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but uneven service,BeachcomberVIPDined on 2/10/2014Great food but uneven service, depending on who your server is. Some good, some not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not spectacular!BEACHBOYDined on 2/8/2014The food was good but did not rise to the level of spectacular. I would go back because the prices were fair and representative of the quality of the food. At 8:30 PM on a Saturday evening, the service needed improvement even though the restaurant was not filled to capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood dining -BernieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Good neighborhood dining - not necessarily a "gem"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horriblenano5472Dined on 2/1/2014They do not honor reservations. we had 7:00 and when we got there she had said 45 to 1hr wait. I said you are not honoring reservation. She said we had others in line. There are too many good places to eat.Special Features:
- Maybe it was an off nightJerryDined on 2/1/2014I do not like writing a less than positive comment when people are truly working hard. I think it was an off night. The servers could not have been more professional and staff as nice as could be, although things were backed up. The seafood was a little bland.
- Great Basic Greek FoodBoyntonBoyVIPDined on 1/31/2014Great basic Greek Food, nothing fancy. The Chicken Athena was very good Greek comfort foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic taverna foodBeachcomberVIPDined on 1/11/2014Jimmy the Greek is a pleasant surprise, tucked away in a typical strip mall. You can tell the food must be good because the place was packed. Good service, and very good Greek food. You can get Retsina by the glass - it was excellent.Special Features:
- Love Jimmy the GreekLisaDined on 12/27/2013Great local restaurant with authentic Greek food. Love everything I eat there!!!Special Features:
- nice neighborhood divelesterDined on 12/14/2013Authentic Greek food in lively place. Very kid friendly....there was a party in the back room for kids, and they seemed to be having a very nice time.Special Features:
- OPASits26Dined on 11/2/2013Hidden in a corner of a strip mall barely visible from the street is an authentic gem of a Greek restaurant. The owner visits all tables several times asking if everything is to your liking. The food is basically Greek with many fresh ingredients. We started with a bruschetta large enough for two and as flavorful and fresh as it could be. Then the lamb chops (a Greek staple) grilled to perfection by being seared on the outside and moist in the center. Do not miss the Greek ghouiash served over penne pasta ( the owner tells us it was his favorite Sunday meal as a kid in Greece - only the ghoulash was poured over French fries). We couldn't fit dessert into our sated bellies but we did opt for the Greek coffee and a baklava to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findOlinecVIPDined on 10/19/2013Don't be fooled by the location -- tucked away in a non descript strip shopping mall. Jimmy the Greek offers terrific Greek food, reasonably priced. The broiled salmon was delicious as was the trout. Salads as fresh and crisp as possible. Desserts made on the premises. Lovely family owned spot that we will return toSpecial Features:
- Fair - don't bet on JimmyvtastebudsDined on 4/19/2013Jimmy the Greek is fair for food, they should take lessons from Chris's Taverna in Lake Worth. Service was friendly and quite efficient. The ambiance needs to be updated and cleaned up. We would not return.Special Features:
- This restaurant has tastydiningisourpleasureVIPDined on 3/9/2013This restaurant has tasty Greek food.The wait staff were pleasant and well trained.We were impressed by the owners who personally inquired about the food and staff and made an effort to make sure that all are needs were taken care of.They made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Great food in questionablemiamistuDined on 1/5/2013Great food in questionable setting. This place could be great but the ambiance of a good restaurant is not there. More like a neighborhood pizzeria with great food. Service was friendly and efficient and the price is right.Special Features:
- Been here many times before.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2012Been here many times before. Food is consistently good at reasonable prices. Always very accommodating. Great lemon soup, gyro and chicken souvlaki. Excellent Greek salad. Have eaten wonderfully prepared fish dishes at other times. Always offers a number of specials. Has tasty deserts, although none eaten on this visit.Special Features: