Jimmy Kelly's Restaurant
217 Louise Ave
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Jimmy Kelly's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jimmykellys.com/
- Phone: 6153294349x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Jimmy Kelly’s offers private and semi-private dining areas, giving you a variety of choices to meet your needs with accommodations available for as few as ten or as many as 300 guests. In addition, our entire restaurant is also available for large corporate or charitable functions. At Jimmy Kelly’s every detail is given our most careful attention. That’s why we offer unique special touches that can turn any event into an unforgettable experience. Here are just a few amenities we offer: Ice carving, cheese carving, Audio visual equipment, wireless Internet, elegant china settings and custom liners. We also can coordinate your floral needs, guest’s lodging and help you choose entertainment that’s just right for your event. Kelly’s is committed to serving as a partner in helping make your private gathering a success. MAKE IT SPECIAL, MAKE IT KELLY’S.
- Private Party Contact: Angie Smith 6153294349x
A word from Jimmy Kelly's Restaurant
Housed in a glorious Southern mansion in the heart of Music City, Jimmy Kelly’s continues to be the standard by which all American steakhouses are measured. Founded in 1934 while the country was in the throes of the Great Depression and just one year removed from the repeal of prohibition, Jimmy Kelly made a promise to himself and his diners. Simply put, he would serve a great steak, a generous portion of whiskey and insure the service was always attentive. Making good on that promise has been the cornerstone of the restaurant’s success and enabled it to survive and flourish. Now over 80 years later and operated by the third generation of Kellys, it has earned a reputation as one of the grand old restaurants not only in Nashville but the entire southeast. Come anytime and enjoy a great steak and a generous portion of whiskey!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jimmy Kelly's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Jimmy Kelly's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (127)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (53)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (33)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A pleasurable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Very good steakhouse. Excellent service. Bone-in New York strip special was very tasty as advertised. Pricing on specials was in line with the rest of the menu for the establishment.Special Features:
- A+++OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Best Restaurant in the Nashville Area. The food is always excellent along with the service. Although the prices are on the top of the scale for a night out, you get exactly what you pay for. The dining experience is worth every penny spent.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerLooking4FineDineAndWine2VIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a private dining room for our party of 8. We were entertaining some important clients. The service was impeccable. The food was extremely well prepared. They have a great wine list and the wine was decanted from a gorgeous signature decanter, which was a highlight. We shared several yummy desserts. I highly recommend Jimmy Kelly's. We weSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy Kelly'sklsluvsfoodDined on 9/13/2014The food was wonderful and it felt like a step back in time visiting this restaurant.Special Features:
- ImpressionsJoeGoDined on 9/13/2014Service very good, food ok. Quite rather dark. Overall nice ambience. Limited wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience I expectedLoveMySteakDined on 9/13/2014Even though Jimmy Kelly's is priced high enough to be one of the top Steak places in Nashville, it lacks a lot. The food was "OK" at best and the steaks came out under cooked and under seasoned. Honesty the best thing we had was the dessert. I may have high standards but when I pay a buck sixty for dinner I think it should be excellent. Trust me I have eaten at every steakhouse in Nashville and there are much better places to go if you are looking for an awesome experience.
- Endearing Landmark.joseyinnashvilleDined on 9/12/2014Have been going to Jimmy Kelly's for four decades. Love the food, and the atmosphere. Service is always superb. I wish it wasn't as pricey.Special Features:
- 5 stars to Jimmy Kelly'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Our first time was in early 80's and we continue to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dine!BullDawgDined on 9/6/2014They never disappoint. The setting is elegant, service top notch and the food terrific. One of my personal favorites in Nashville.Special Features:
- poochieDined on 9/6/2014The couple I sent were from out of state, and had a fantastic time calling it a real southern gem.Special Features:
- Jackie's dayWBssDined on 9/4/2014This was a return trip for us but this time we brought our Mom to celebrate her birthday and hopefully take court in King Arthur's court! What a delight is Arthur and the rest of the staff, but especially Arthur! We have asked to be in his service area each time and were not disappointed this last time! The food was excellent and Arthur was great as usual. Our Mom's birthday was spectacular with a scrumptious dinner and an entertaining service staff. Thank you for a super meal and evening!Special Features:
- Overall EnjoyableSoonerCajunDined on 9/1/2014Overall a very nice place and we enjoyed ourselves. Loved the atmosphere, steak was good, martinis were well done. On the negative side, the asperagus side was small - particularly for the table of 4 (only 4 sprigs - one for each of us) & they failed to add the Bernaise Sauce to one of our party's steak.Special Features:
- Would not return on any future tripRalphieDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I were very disappointed with the food. The filet wasn't seasoned. One is expected but not told to select from various toppings to add flavors to the meat. I suppose that is the phylosophy. Never experienced that anywhere before. The "shareable" twice baked potato was too small to be shareable and it was an additional charge and eliminated the two baked potatoes that would have come with the steaks.Special Features:
- Really worthwhile dining adventureJanetVIPDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful, historical home...many stories here. Elegant, upscale menu and presentation. Everything that we ordered was perfectly prepared. Don't miss the wine decanting experience. The host was very gracious, but the waiter was a bit arrogant regarding answering our menu questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my dinning experienceRoadhouseDined on 8/30/2014The place was great !!!! my Wife and I enjoyed the night as we celebrated our 7th Anniversary. the service was Great , Arthur was the Man. Better known as King Arthur !! Also has a great voice. My Wife and I will be returning for sure. Thanks for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced for Diner Quality Foodstephen525Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was very professinal. Although it is a shame he is forced to lie. Given the fact Kelly's is advertized a steak house, my party did not have steak. That being said any restr that prices themselves with a Ruth's Chris should also have excellant seafood, not here. This was a specidal dinner for me and my wife, our 44th Anniv. I ordered the seafood special Sea Bass STUFFED with Crab. Stuffed? morelike a timble full, let's call it a smearing of BITTER crab. The fish portion was OK for the price, burnt and cold when delivered. My wife ordered Lobster Tail, again cold on delivery & almost impossible to cut with a steak knife and chewed like a piece of leather. Alacarte sides were pitched as large enough for two,not so. Also bad Quality
- Group was splitWoogDined on 8/23/2014I will start with the really good, the service. We had a group of 12 on a Saturday night and were sat in a semi-private room. Our server and his support team were excellent. The rest of the meal our group was split on, half really liked their steaks and the other half had food that was pretty mediocre. Wine list was average and the sides were right their with the wine list, average. I personally would have given it "4 stars" because my steak was cooked perfectly and had great flavor, but speaking as a whole I give it 3 stars.Special Features:
- Local PleasureDining1Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding Food and excellent service at A Nashville landmarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDocKBDined on 8/23/2014We unintentionally went here during restaurant week. We were seated upstairs in a tiny room, with only 6 tables, that was very awkward for all involved. It was so quiet in there we felt uncomfortable talking to each other. The waiter never mentioned a special (other than restaurant week) and I didn't know there even were specials until I saw them on a board on my way out. My husband asked what type of burbon they had, the waiter really didn't know. He listed only bud and bud light for beer. My filet was ordered medium and came very rare. The bacon around it was practically raw. My husband got the 3 course meal that came with dessert and I asked what other desert options there were. It was like they had never heard such a question.
- Restaurant weekscrap32Dined on 8/23/2014I'm glad we got to try this place during restaurant week. The food and wine was better than what we expected. Our server was excellent - he was not pushy or overbearing. Definitely will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedXxxxxxDined on 8/23/2014Difficulty navigating in dark atmosphere. Too many steps to ladies room. Had to walk thru nasty bus person station to get to our table. Food was over priced and options poor. I would not recommend this unless you just want a dark dingy place to drink
- food wasn't any thing special.Notafoodcritic10Dined on 8/23/2014Service Great. Steaks nothing special. Cobbler good. I expected more from the food but the steaks were just plain steaks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014A blaring TV in ground floor prevents getting 5 starsSpecial Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I ordered the same filet cut and noticeable difference in both size and quality of the steak. Mine was about 3-4 oz smaller and had gristle. I order mine rare + and was a perfect medium rare. My wife ordered here medium rare and was more medium well. The waiter was good and very attentive, but mentioned giving him a "good tip" four times throughout the experience. This turned me off.
- Great Steaks!!glevox2Dined on 8/22/2014Food was wonderful. Steak cooked perfectly!! Service is great!! Classic Steakhouse atmosphere. The only negative is that it's a little too dark in there. Crack a curtain or two would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service and foodTOMMNASHVILLEDined on 8/21/2014I know JK has been an Icon in Nashville BUT not anymore. They are so dated-- the steak was tuff, staff in a rush and rude --had to ask for items 2-3 times and still never received. Ordered a shot of bourbon and it was so sparse- did not even cover the bottom of the glass. JK needs to take a look at other Nashville their menus, drinks and top notch service and revamp their dated resturant!!!!!!
- Best Steaks!LuvGoodFoodDined on 8/21/2014THis restaurant I would classify as a 5 star restaurant. The ambiance, the GREAT SERVICE and Fantastic Food was outstanding. Would go back in a heart beat. Loved this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent service, excellent cut of meat, well prepared, somewhat under seasoned. The seafood was well prepared but also slightly under seasoned. It would be nice if you offered some condiments to go with the meat other than regular tabasco, maybe add chipotle tabasco. We almost always use original tabasco in our cooking we seldom use it on the food, there are so many excellent alternatives.Special Features:
- WendyDined on 8/20/2014Jimmy Kelley's is THE place to go for a great steak. It's always good to see Mike. The entire staff does a fabulous job. I have been going there before it move to State Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night outsldancerDined on 8/18/2014Dining at Jimmy Kelly's made a great impression on my date and a hero of me for my choice of venue. The food was and it is predictably a gastric delight, the waiter was knowledgeable, called us by name, recommended delicious drinks, the service was prompt, accurate and timely... then and every time since then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely atmosphereSusanDined on 8/16/2014We were seated upstairs in a lovely dining room. On this second level, the atmosphere was quiet. How refreshing in today's world of "energetic" restaurants. It took me back to the days when one could have a lovely conversation with one's dining companions without shouting! Quite romantic! This atmosphere coupled with delicious food choices made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- just rightJoeGoDined on 8/16/2014we had dinner and had limited time. Our server went out of her way to make sure we get the food quickly. Had steak and oysters. All were great. Food not too pricey. Upper lever of the restaurant a bit too dark to my taste make sure you reserve a table on ground floor if you like to see what you eat. Overall it was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nashville Institutionsmoot60Dined on 8/16/2014While I am not a huge fan of steak houses, Jimmy Kelly's is a Nashville Institution and Saturday night it lived up to it's reputation. The food was very good, the steaks perfectly cooked, the side flavorful and the service just right. Will return again because this is a locally owned not a national chain that is way too expensive and could be any place. (the Palm, Ruth Chris, etc....)Special Features:
- Excellent food and superb serviceTYEGatorDined on 8/15/2014Really had a great meal here while celebrating moving our daughter into Vanderbilt. Very expensive, but the steaks were superb. The half-filet is sort of hidden at the end of the menu under the >$70 chateaubriande...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more lightingOpieDined on 8/15/2014My wife & I were in a small room to the right of the Main entrance. The only thing I thought they needed to do was light the room up a tad. Overall our food was great & our server John was very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!HamboneDined on 8/15/2014The place was great, an old mansion. The service was good, nothing outstanding. We had a blackened catfish appetizer which was good, but not outstanding. They had some really neat decanters if your into wine. We both got the filet and Gulf Shrimp. The Shrimp were Huge and split like a lobster tail. Magnificent! The Filet, was properly cooked and seasoned to perfection. Overall the Food was wonderful, the Service was good and I would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!HarleyDDined on 8/15/2014Great Food, Great Service, Perfect setting. Such a pleasant experience I made a reservation for the following evening to entertain clients. Once again, a perfect evening. Mr. Claude is the best regards, michaelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Great food, and amazing service. Ask for David Kimbrough, he is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as Always!RosieDined on 8/9/2014Jimmy Kelly's is always a special place to dine. The setting i charming, the hosts are wonderful, and the steaks are the BEST! Be sure and ask for Fred as your server. There are several good ones, but we like him best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryEatUpFanDined on 8/9/2014Over cooked steak, undercooked fish, rubbery shrimp, all cold. The salad was average, the corn cakes excellent. Placed out side on a humid porch during a raging down pour pounding on the roof so hard that you could barely carry on a conversation. The BBQ shrimp was rubbery, wrapped in burnt, dare I say charcoal, bacon and doused in BBQ sauce of dubious quality. The bar totally botched my wife's drink (wrong ingredients). By far, the most disappointing meal that I have had in a very long time. Beau, our server, was pleasant but the service was very slow. Even the Au Gratin potatoes side dish was undercooked and cold. We expected some thing far different from this experience. We drove over an hour to visit this restaurant specifically.