2614 Green Bay Rd
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jillyscafe.com/
- Phone: 8478697636
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tueday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Nicolae Marian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Central St
- Public Transit: Walking distance to "Evanston Central Street" stop on the Metra line (UP-N to Kenosha). Ten minute walk to the CTA Purple line: "Central" stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking on Central Street for lunch or anytime. For dinner during weekdays after 6:00 PM, Saturdays after 12:00 PM and Sunday anytime, parking is available at the Duxler Carshop parking lot located adjacent to the North on Greenbay Road. Please do not park outside those time at the Duxler parking lot. Thank you.
A word from Jilly's Cafe
Located just outside the city of Chicago, Jilly's Café has been called a "North Shore Treasure" by Zagat's 2002 restaurant survey. Our French Countryside decor, handpicked flowers, and friendly wait staff make for an intimate and cozy atmosphere suitable for all kinds of occasions. Here authentic French food is served with an American twist making for enough dishes to keep our specials changing daily. We offer a Sunday brunch that carefully combines a traditional American brunch with French flavors, while champagne effortlessly flows throughout the course of the meal. Jilly's is available for private parties, and reservations are strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jilly's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (9)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Neighborhood Gem AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time to Jilly's in the last two weeks. Again, the service, the food, the atmosphere just shouts that this is a great neighborhood gem. Very friendly service, excellent food and a good wine list. The rack of lamb is great!Special Features:
- A Hidden GemFooddocVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had been asking the proprietor at Jilly's to get on Open Table for some time. It is the consummate French bistro, and with moderate food prices and reasonable wine selections, it is a favorite. One does not miss the lack of hard liquor. It is a small, intimate room that is perfect for conversation and relaxation. Service is very personal and attentive. The food is magnificent, prepared carefully and thoughtfully. There is a standard menu and numerous specials to suit everyone. EVerything we have every ordered has been high quality and delicious. We plan to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worthygreatfoodDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant was probably good 5-10 years ago, but now the food is bad, and btw is not french at all.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Thanks Jilly's Cafe for joining Open Table. We absolutely loved the muscles and escargot. The rack of lamb was excellent. The wait staff was very responsive and the restaurant (although small) has a very intimate and warm/friendly feel. We'll be returning soon, thanks for the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully AuthenticsalcornVIPDined on 8/28/2014Jilly's is a true Parisian Bistro, with all the offerings you'd expect, extremely well executed. Service is friendly and efficient, and the cozy, romantic atmosphere is great for lunch or dinner. Very reasonable prices for the quality, especially at lunch.Special Features:
- Love this place!HoodratDined on 7/30/2014We have been going here for years. Our visits are infrequent due to a long list of food restrictions, but when I am able to eat a meal "out", this is on the very short list of OK places. Favorites are the pork tenderloin, salmon, steak frites, and venison. And the desserts! When I really go off the deep end and am going to have a dessert, this is where I go. The chocolate genache cake (among others) can't be beat.Special Features:
- Nice But Somewhat OutdatedRockVIPDined on 7/25/2014Jilly's has a traditional French menu that hasn't changed much over the years except for the prices. The food is good but it's expensive and not very innovative by today's Chicago standards.Special Features:
- Holding strongQuackerDeluxDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is under new management. The food, preparation, and service are noteworthy. The ambience is quite French. My daughter loved the sorbet between plates. I would easily return. The price is modest and appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Jilly's Cafe reviews archive.