Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
900 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stjulien.com/dining/jills-restaurant
- Phone: 7204067399x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch; Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Two seatings: 10:00am-10:30am & 12:00pm-12:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:00pm to 6:30pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Wine Bar, French American
- Executive Chef: Laurent Mechin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jill's Restaurant can accommodate many different types of private events from corporate wine dinners and social networking events to wedding receptions. Jill's "honey-onyx" room features some of the best private dining space in the front range, for further information please contact Philippe Antoine, General Manager at email@example.com or on his cell 720 315 3482.
- Entertainment: The St. Julien Hotel and Spa features local bands several nights a week. Weather permitting. For more information or for an up-to-date entertainment calendar please visit our website at http://www.stjulien.com/events-entertainment.
A word from Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
A modern restaurant & bistro located in St Julien Hotel & Spa, Jill’s encourages sustainable, organic farming practices and highlights American cuisine with a French accent. The restaurant features 70 seats, a full bar and hosts one of the best Happy Hours in Boulder. Enjoy special Happy Hour pricing on the bistro menu, signature martinis, cocktails and one of the best wine programs in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (29)romantic (29)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- !!! Boulder's Best Value !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 9/17/2014Would you love to dine in Paris, but don't have the time and/or money? Then you must try Jill's weekday French luncheon buffet... all you can eat plus a complementary glass of wine for only $12.95 per person!!! !!! Boulder's Best Value !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!! WOW, WOW, WOW !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 9/9/2014Jill's "Ooh La La French Lunch Buffet" has no competition... it's simply the best value in Boulder and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch optionpuellaDined on 9/3/2014It's my first time to try the lunch buffet there and it was outstanding. The selection may be small but the quality is great and the dessert is absolutely amazing. The majority of the staffs are professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Very tasty lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We went on Labour Day and the buffet was not available, however the food was delicious! Our party enjoyed the overall experience and will definitely return. The menu is nicely varied and we were happy to see a gluten-free option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant!FaluDined on 8/29/2014Waiter did a great job, nice atmosphere and delicious food. Love it! 😉👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and so accommodating!JohnAVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were in town moving my daughter in to the dorms at CU and wanted a special dinner for her 18th birthday. We were delayed twice and the staff at Jill's could not have been nicer about it! The food and service were spectacular. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Bawked6Dined on 8/25/2014We live up and down the Front Range so this was a great place to meet and Celebrate Denver Restaurant Week. We plan to return in February!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week / Special OccasiontommysusieDined on 8/23/2014First time diners, originally wanted to experience through Restaurant week, invited another couple to celebrate some of their good news. From the moment we walked in we were treated superbly! Arrived a bit early, hostess got our table ready, place settings were gorgeous. Surprise appetizers were exquisite. Sommelier was very helpful. Food was INCREDIBLY good, varied selection. Definitely will be second...and third diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac100Dined on 8/23/2014Great service. Attentive but not overbearing. Table side prep is a nice change and nod to the "old days".Special Features:
- Perfect Night Outluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014My husband planned this date night and what a surprise! The restaurant was perfect...the food amazing...and the presentation made us feel like royalty. We loved the ambience starting with the secluded corner niche, lit taper candle, and greetings from Shannon (our waitress) followed by the maitre d' presenting us with a complimentary appetizer. Right to the end, we were amazed by the care and attention given us. We even had a night cap on the patio while listing to some soothing Brazilian music. We will recommend and return for another special occasion!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Jill's should of been located by outdoor dining site, on east side of building opposite of flatirons .Special Features:
- Jill's at the St. Julien, BoulderPCGuestVIPDined on 8/21/2014In downtown Boulder at the Hotel St. Julien, Jill's was a pleasant setting for lunch. Two options were offered: the lunch menu and the lunch buffet. We managed to make the lunch a five course experience as dishes from soup to dessert were offered. From a light salad with seared tuna and pickled onions, soup au pistou, to five different mini pizzas, braised short ribs with polenta, very well done, to a myriad of desserts. Too much but many choices to delight even picky eaters. The buffet was definitely a success.Special Features:
- Jill's dinnerGpMABDined on 8/16/2014My wife & I decided to try Jill's last Saturday/Aug 16 for the first time after I had read some online reviews. We wanted a nice dinner treat for us, and we sure did find that! The ambience was nice; the service was superb with a young woman waitress who had just moved to work at Jill's from Kauai 4 months prior; and the food was a real treat.Special Features:
- !!! OUTSTANDING !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Boulder has many fine restaurants, but Jill's new French luncheon buffet is simply the best value in town and perhaps the best value in Colorado. For less than $30 per couple ($12.95/person, including a complimentary glass of wine), patrons can experience outstanding French cooking without spending a fortune travelling to France!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooh La La lunchfoodisgoodDined on 8/7/2014The Ooh La La lunch was a very good value. There was ample choice on the buffet and the food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel to France!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 8/5/2014Would you love to travel & dine in France but simply don't have the time and/or money??? Now you can in Jill's restaurant & bistro in the St. Julien Hotel. My wife and I have traveled and dined throughout France, especially Paris, and have discovered that Jill's new weekday French buffet competes with the best Paris has to offer but at a much lower price (less than $30 per couple). VIVA FRANCE!! VIVA JILL'S!!! VIVA BOULDER!!!!!Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchEmilyLDined on 7/30/2014The new lunch buffet was great, delicious food, the waiters just took forever to get us what we needed, inc. the check. When ppl are on an hour lunch break, we need a bit quicker service. Other that that, we loved it!Special Features:
- Ooh la laDiannaDined on 7/30/2014I love the thematic dining. Jills is good at coming up with fun ideas. And the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Jill's Provencal lunch is superb!Diner1000Dined on 7/29/2014Jill's Provencal lunch is superb. We sampled the bouillabaisse, chicken, salade nicoise, ratatouille, wine and more --- all were delicious. All reminded me of France -- which I visited six months ago. We were very pleased with the food, the room, the staff and the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Buffet was Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014No, I am not a Vegan, but went with a few who are strict- the food was VERY Good, great deal for a Friday lunch- desserts not up to the rest of the fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceCaribouDined on 7/22/2014The food at Jills is excellent - with really great options for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The staff are outstanding - attentive but not overbearing. The drink and food options are widely varied. Table side preparations are done with class and no snooty attitude - just a wonderful experience orchestrated by true professionals.Special Features:
- tasty vegan brunchprofessorgroundhogDined on 7/11/2014The pizza at the vegan brunch was delicious and novel. There were 6 varieties at a time, and all were good. The spaghetti squash with falafel was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, great serviceSqueezeplayDined on 7/4/2014What a delight from start to finish. The food was very good and the service was impeccable!!The only negative was the house special margarita was meh.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Only two complaints: over-priced and too-fussy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ElegancegustatoryguyDined on 6/20/2014Although Boulder is home to many excellent restaurants, not so many offer their fine food in a setting of such elegance. Doing so is one extra that Jill's in the St. Julian provides, along with accessible covered parking and being in the midst of bustling downtown Boulder's energy and activity. A table by a window offers the opportunity for always interesting people watching. The wait staffers are attentive, skilled and friendly. And, oh yes, the food is grand. Perfect for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Great for our special occassionRiverpilotDined on 6/17/2014Very nice dinner, service was excellent. Food taste was very good, steak was ordered medium and was well done. But Steak was still very tender and flavorful. Trout and soup were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Value in Boulder!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 6/16/2014Jill's is the "Gold Standard" for excellence in Boulder!!! The Frenchman in charge is totally committed to delighting every customer who enters... great food, great service, great ambience, etc., etc., etc. all at very reasonable prices!!!Special Features:
- Father's dayKahunaDined on 6/15/2014Jill's Father's day continues the fine tradition of a lovely spread for special occasions. Nice weather let the patrons enjoy the morning on the veranda, which was lovely. Food continues to be good.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchejscribnerDined on 6/14/2014Had a fantastic lunch at Jill's! Excellent food and exceptional service! Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NettDined on 6/13/2014Great place for dinner. Excellent service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jill's is simply the best!!!!!!!!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 6/12/2014Boulder has many fine restaurants... but Jill's is the best of the best!!! We've tried most of the others. None can compete with Jill's superior quality and variety of food, service and ambience all at very reasonable prices. Yep, Boulder has many fine restaurants, but none compare with Jill's. It's simply the best!Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Townpgomez100Dined on 6/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. Many different offerings for brunch and the ambience is fantastic.Special Features:
- Vegan Lunch Buffet LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014The lunch buffet used to be pretty good a few years ago, but it has been going downhill since. This last time I thought the sauces were way too heavy on the pasta and none of the food was outstanding...just ok. Pizza was cold. This lovely hotel and lovely space needs to have an excellent chef even for the lunch buffet.
- Excellent downtown restaurantCG01VIPDined on 5/29/2014Great food, great service. Highly recommended. Perfect location. Easy parking.Special Features:
- Graduation brunchLFC92VIPDined on 5/25/2014We went here for my sons graduation with several out of town guests. The choice of food for seafood lovers, meat lovers and breakfast lovers was amazing. Everyone had something that they wanted and loved. My youngest loves the pizza here and even though it wasn't on the menu the chefs were happy to make her one. Only criticism is that if you are on the short side it is hard to see all the choices on the buffet near the omelet station...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 617 reviews are from the Jill's in the St Julien Hotel reviews archive.
- Boulder's Buffet King!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 5/19/2014Having tried virtually all the lunch buffets in Boulder, none can compete with Jill's for overall best value -- i.e., a huge variety of all-you-can-eat French-American gourmet selections (fabulous main dishes, made-to-order pastas, sides, desserts, salads, fruit, etc. etc. etc.) that are always delicious, nutritious and complemented with outstanding service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, Boulder has many fine restaurants... but none compare with Jill's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLiliDined on 5/18/2014Food was great, the staff was very good and made for a great dining experience. I don't have kids so I had to accept that there was babies crying and children running around. Will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itanonymousDined on 5/17/2014We had a great meal for 3 generations from 7 to 75. Service was terrific and attentive. Food was very good. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK serviceLuvtodine850VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was very good. Prepared to our special request, no salt or butter. Service was not so great. Waiter not attentive and service very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!NeionaDined on 5/12/2014Loved every bit of it! :) The candlelight made for a lovely evening with my boyfriend, the service was outstanding, and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.