Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
900 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stjulien.com/dining/jills-restaurant
- Phone: (720) 406-7399
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch; Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Two seatings: 10:00am-10:30am & 12:00pm-12:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:00pm to 6:30pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Wine Bar, French American
- Executive Chef: Laurent Mechin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jill's Restaurant can accommodate many different types of private events from corporate wine dinners and social networking events to wedding receptions. Jill's "honey-onyx" room features some of the best private dining space in the front range, for further information please contact Philippe Antoine, General Manager at email@example.com or on his cell 720 315 3482.
- Entertainment: The St. Julien Hotel and Spa features local bands several nights a week. Weather permitting. For more information or for an up-to-date entertainment calendar please visit our website at http://www.stjulien.com/events-entertainment.
A word from Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
A modern restaurant & bistro located in St Julien Hotel & Spa, Jill’s encourages sustainable, organic farming practices and highlights American cuisine with a French accent. The restaurant features 70 seats, a full bar and hosts one of the best Happy Hours in Boulder. Enjoy special Happy Hour pricing on the bistro menu, signature martinis, cocktails and one of the best wine programs in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- "First Bite" nightjulieVIPDined on 11/22/2014Choices for "First Bite" were excellent. Food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, horrible lightingLoopdLoopDined on 11/21/2014Lovely food, okay service (waitress was a bit cold). At night, some tables at the restaurant are VERY dark, with absolutely no lighting of any kind. Although we were the first to arrive, we were directed straight to this black space (I thought it was a joke), but we were told the entire booth and area would miraculously light up with a single, thin candle (we didn't believe it), and that we'd be given flashlights to read the menu (and presumably to see the food and each other). The restaurant was empty, and this was the first place they wanted to seat us. We requested a table that actually had an overhead light, which only a few had, and after some discussion amongst the staff, we were allowed to sit at an illuminated table. After that we noticed no one else was directed to the part of the restaurant that looked "closed." My cat wouldn't have minded eating in the dark, but anyone else--despite their age--would wonder why they were spending a lot of money to eat in a dark closet with nothing but a flashlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- olivesmomDined on 11/19/2014Dined at Jill's for the first time, during First Bite Boulder. Very nice experience. Our party of three ordered most of the offerings and found them delicious! Staff was very attentive and helpful. Enjoyed the touch of elegance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitPhilVIPDined on 11/19/2014Went as a part of First Bite promotion. All in all, a delightful experience. Next visit will be lunch.Special Features:
- What'd Not to Like?GourmandDined on 11/19/2014Nice ambience. Elegant. Well-appointed. Excellent service. Fine cuisine. Very nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very improved over the yearseamarkDined on 11/17/2014We have visited Jills many times since it opened. This is the best food we have had here. Our friend also told us the lunch has been great recently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jill's RestaurantFoodieNancyDined on 11/16/2014Even though the food is consistently good, somehow this restaurant has just never caught on. It is very pretty, but it isn't a comfortable atmosphere when you are one of only a few other diners. I don't know how they can change that. Maybe stand outside and give free samples of their fabulous chocolate dessert?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening to RememberErieGirlDined on 11/15/2014It was a wonderful evening without a hitch. The food was all delicious. The atmosphere was soft and warm for a snowy night and quiet enough we could all hear each other talk. Our waiter very attentive. Water glasses always being filled. The Pumpkin Ravioli was a wonderful starter, the Duck Confit I would recommend and for dessert the Apple and Pear Strudel with a spiced ice cream was really delicious but not too sweet. Thanks you, Jill's, for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Boulder Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was our first dining experience at Jill's. I made the reservation based on their menu for the First Bite Boulder Restaurant Week. My husband and I were also celebrating my birthday. The ambience was perfect for the occasion. We ordered different entrees and everything was amazing. The service was outstanding! There is a convenient parking garage next door (free parking after 7pm). Great location for shopping on the Pearl Street Mall, just one block away. Everything about Jill's made this a special evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exactly "French"CurtisClubVIPDined on 11/12/2014I was in the mood for a French meal so this appeared to be the perfect place to go. Although the food was good, it was definitely more Italian influenced than French. The food was good, but not very good and we were slightly disappointed. The service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric in WestminsterwestyfoodDined on 11/8/2014We loved the table prep of our caeser salad was very cool and fun to watch. It was romantic and we could actually have a conversation. The food was fantastic and we'll back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisebadgeruwVIPDined on 11/8/2014For our anniversary my wife and I wanted to go someplace special and intimate. We had been to the St. Julien for an event a couple weeks prior, loved it, and decided to give Jill's a try. We're so glad we did because the meal and experience were terrific. I booked through OpenTable, and requested a quiet table. When we arrived, we were seated at a beautiful table right by the window. The service was great and the food was excellent. I had the salmon (melted in my mouth!) and my wife had the pasta bolognese. They even gave us complimentary after dinner drinks to help us celebrate. The drinks, bread, salad, entrees, service and wait staff were great!Special Features:
- Fabulous lunch experienceSparkieDined on 11/4/2014A friend told me about the deal - fancy restaurant lunch buffet with wine and dessert. I thought she was leaving out fine prints. But it was just as she told me. Everything for reasonable price of $12.95. Food is really good, lots to try. Beautiful presentation and great service. I don't know why this place is not crowded. I am telling everybody I know to go here to experience a celebrity lunch.Special Features:
- Well doneMarkysparkyDined on 11/1/2014Great, attentive service. Superb food. Decent wine list. Highly recommend Jill's for a special night out.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE EXPERIENCEPeachesDined on 10/30/2014The awful stories and reviews about Jill's are true. I had an out-of-town guest celebrating a birthday and wanted an upscale dining experience. We arrived to a bustling convention-full lobby. OK, except Jill's had flimsy screens dividing 3/4 portioned off, leaving perhaps nine tables in the "dining room". On the other side of those household-type screens were several hundred people, a speaker on a microphone, lots of applause, yelling and hoop-la. I was horrified and told the waitress seating us that "I never-ever would have booked this place had I been forewarned that a circus would be inches away". Service was slow, two items were wrong but corrected, we skipped entrees just to LEAVE. WILL NEVER RETURN TO JILL'S. An embarrassment to SJ
- Definitely best value in Boulder!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 10/14/2014Jill's has no competition when it comes to bang for the buck --- great meals, service, ambiance, etc. all at very competitive prices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!! GREAT VALUE !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 10/13/2014Magnificent... Dine like royalty at very reasonable prices!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kailuagirll99Dined on 10/10/2014Great vegan brunch on Fridays. Good ambience and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised to taste really good food in portion sizes that actually satisfied my husband. It was fine dining where you didn't have to know a foreign language to know what you were ordering. We had a great experience and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- bestbuddiesDined on 10/8/2014Both the service and the food were excellent, especially the Scottish salmon. We were celebrating our 64th anniversary, and three members of the staff, including one of the chefs, came by the table to offer congratulations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceTu4DinnerDined on 10/4/2014Jill's is always a great for a special night out. Our servers were attentive and all of the courses were presented in the traditional French manner. For the enter my wife had the Lobster Carbonara which was beyond our expectations. I had the Seared Duck Breast and leg, it was cooked properly but was a little tough. That aside, the flavor and accompaniment was excellent. Our main server was so outstanding it is worth mentioning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with slow service911skibumVIPDined on 10/4/2014Jill's is a an excellent restaurant. However, the service time to get our meals has been VERY SLOW (45 to 50 minutes to receive entries) based on the last two times we had dinner. Thus, you end up filling up on bread and drinking your wine before the meal arrives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful location, attentive staff and delicious food. We came away with a great memory from our anniversary dinner celebration. We appreciated the little extras (complimentary amuse bouche and digestif), though out window seat was quite chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jill's -- Boulder's very best!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 9/24/2014It's simply the best lunch in town (both the menu and the French buffet) without breaking the bank!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!! Boulder's Best Value !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 9/17/2014Would you love to dine in Paris, but don't have the time and/or money? Then you must try Jill's weekday French luncheon buffet... all you can eat plus a complementary glass of wine for only $12.95 per person!!! !!! Boulder's Best Value !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!! WOW, WOW, WOW !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 9/9/2014Jill's "Ooh La La French Lunch Buffet" has no competition... it's simply the best value in Boulder and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch optionpuellaDined on 9/3/2014It's my first time to try the lunch buffet there and it was outstanding. The selection may be small but the quality is great and the dessert is absolutely amazing. The majority of the staffs are professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Very tasty lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We went on Labour Day and the buffet was not available, however the food was delicious! Our party enjoyed the overall experience and will definitely return. The menu is nicely varied and we were happy to see a gluten-free option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightSouthernbellDined on 8/29/2014The meal was outstanding as was the wine. This is a wonderful restaurant year in and year out. Hearty recommendation to all of those in the Denver metro areaSpecial Features:
- Beautiful restaurant!FaluDined on 8/29/2014Waiter did a great job, nice atmosphere and delicious food. Love it! 😉👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and so accommodating!JohnAVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were in town moving my daughter in to the dorms at CU and wanted a special dinner for her 18th birthday. We were delayed twice and the staff at Jill's could not have been nicer about it! The food and service were spectacular. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Bawked6Dined on 8/25/2014We live up and down the Front Range so this was a great place to meet and Celebrate Denver Restaurant Week. We plan to return in February!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week / Special OccasiontommysusieDined on 8/23/2014First time diners, originally wanted to experience through Restaurant week, invited another couple to celebrate some of their good news. From the moment we walked in we were treated superbly! Arrived a bit early, hostess got our table ready, place settings were gorgeous. Surprise appetizers were exquisite. Sommelier was very helpful. Food was INCREDIBLY good, varied selection. Definitely will be second...and third diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac100Dined on 8/23/2014Great service. Attentive but not overbearing. Table side prep is a nice change and nod to the "old days".Special Features:
- Perfect Night Outluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014My husband planned this date night and what a surprise! The restaurant was perfect...the food amazing...and the presentation made us feel like royalty. We loved the ambience starting with the secluded corner niche, lit taper candle, and greetings from Shannon (our waitress) followed by the maitre d' presenting us with a complimentary appetizer. Right to the end, we were amazed by the care and attention given us. We even had a night cap on the patio while listing to some soothing Brazilian music. We will recommend and return for another special occasion!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Jill's should of been located by outdoor dining site, on east side of building opposite of flatirons .Special Features:
- Jill's at the St. Julien, BoulderPCGuestVIPDined on 8/21/2014In downtown Boulder at the Hotel St. Julien, Jill's was a pleasant setting for lunch. Two options were offered: the lunch menu and the lunch buffet. We managed to make the lunch a five course experience as dishes from soup to dessert were offered. From a light salad with seared tuna and pickled onions, soup au pistou, to five different mini pizzas, braised short ribs with polenta, very well done, to a myriad of desserts. Too much but many choices to delight even picky eaters. The buffet was definitely a success.Special Features:
- Jill's dinnerGpMABDined on 8/16/2014My wife & I decided to try Jill's last Saturday/Aug 16 for the first time after I had read some online reviews. We wanted a nice dinner treat for us, and we sure did find that! The ambience was nice; the service was superb with a young woman waitress who had just moved to work at Jill's from Kauai 4 months prior; and the food was a real treat.Special Features:
- !!! OUTSTANDING !!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014Boulder has many fine restaurants, but Jill's new French luncheon buffet is simply the best value in town and perhaps the best value in Colorado. For less than $30 per couple ($12.95/person, including a complimentary glass of wine), patrons can experience outstanding French cooking without spending a fortune travelling to France!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooh La La lunchfoodisgoodDined on 8/7/2014The Ooh La La lunch was a very good value. There was ample choice on the buffet and the food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.