Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
900 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stjulien.com/dining/jills-restaurant
- Phone: 7204067399x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch; Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Two seatings: 10:00am-10:30am & 12:00pm-12:30pm
Happy Hour: 4:00pm to 6:30pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Wine Bar, French American
- Executive Chef: Laurent Mechin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jill's Restaurant can accommodate many different types of private events from corporate wine dinners and social networking events to wedding receptions. Jill's "honey-onyx" room features some of the best private dining space in the front range, for further information please contact Philippe Antoine, General Manager at email@example.com or on his cell 720 315 3482.
- Entertainment: The St. Julien Hotel and Spa features local bands several nights a week. Weather permitting. For more information or for an up-to-date entertainment calendar please visit our website at http://www.stjulien.com/events-entertainment.
A word from Jill's in the St Julien Hotel
A modern restaurant & bistro located in St Julien Hotel & Spa, Jill’s encourages sustainable, organic farming practices and highlights American cuisine with a French accent. The restaurant features 70 seats, a full bar and hosts one of the best Happy Hours in Boulder. Enjoy special Happy Hour pricing on the bistro menu, signature martinis, cocktails and one of the best wine programs in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Jill's in the St Julien Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (27)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)Show More
- tasty vegan brunchprofessorgroundhogDined on 7/11/2014The pizza at the vegan brunch was delicious and novel. There were 6 varieties at a time, and all were good. The spaghetti squash with falafel was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, great serviceSqueezeplayDined on 7/4/2014What a delight from start to finish. The food was very good and the service was impeccable!!The only negative was the house special margarita was meh.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Only two complaints: over-priced and too-fussy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ElegancegustatoryguyDined on 6/20/2014Although Boulder is home to many excellent restaurants, not so many offer their fine food in a setting of such elegance. Doing so is one extra that Jill's in the St. Julian provides, along with accessible covered parking and being in the midst of bustling downtown Boulder's energy and activity. A table by a window offers the opportunity for always interesting people watching. The wait staffers are attentive, skilled and friendly. And, oh yes, the food is grand. Perfect for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Great for our special occassionRiverpilotDined on 6/17/2014Very nice dinner, service was excellent. Food taste was very good, steak was ordered medium and was well done. But Steak was still very tender and flavorful. Trout and soup were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Value in Boulder!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 6/16/2014Jill's is the "Gold Standard" for excellence in Boulder!!! The Frenchman in charge is totally committed to delighting every customer who enters... great food, great service, great ambience, etc., etc., etc. all at very reasonable prices!!!Special Features:
- Father's dayKahunaDined on 6/15/2014Jill's Father's day continues the fine tradition of a lovely spread for special occasions. Nice weather let the patrons enjoy the morning on the veranda, which was lovely. Food continues to be good.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchejscribnerDined on 6/14/2014Had a fantastic lunch at Jill's! Excellent food and exceptional service! Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NettDined on 6/13/2014Great place for dinner. Excellent service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jill's is simply the best!!!!!!!!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 6/12/2014Boulder has many fine restaurants... but Jill's is the best of the best!!! We've tried most of the others. None can compete with Jill's superior quality and variety of food, service and ambience all at very reasonable prices. Yep, Boulder has many fine restaurants, but none compare with Jill's. It's simply the best!Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Townpgomez100Dined on 6/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. Many different offerings for brunch and the ambience is fantastic.Special Features:
- Vegan Lunch Buffet LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014The lunch buffet used to be pretty good a few years ago, but it has been going downhill since. This last time I thought the sauces were way too heavy on the pasta and none of the food was outstanding...just ok. Pizza was cold. This lovely hotel and lovely space needs to have an excellent chef even for the lunch buffet.
- Excellent downtown restaurantCG01VIPDined on 5/29/2014Great food, great service. Highly recommended. Perfect location. Easy parking.Special Features:
- Graduation brunchLFC92VIPDined on 5/25/2014We went here for my sons graduation with several out of town guests. The choice of food for seafood lovers, meat lovers and breakfast lovers was amazing. Everyone had something that they wanted and loved. My youngest loves the pizza here and even though it wasn't on the menu the chefs were happy to make her one. Only criticism is that if you are on the short side it is hard to see all the choices on the buffet near the omelet station...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder's Buffet King!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 5/19/2014Having tried virtually all the lunch buffets in Boulder, none can compete with Jill's for overall best value -- i.e., a huge variety of all-you-can-eat French-American gourmet selections (fabulous main dishes, made-to-order pastas, sides, desserts, salads, fruit, etc. etc. etc.) that are always delicious, nutritious and complemented with outstanding service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, Boulder has many fine restaurants... but none compare with Jill's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLiliDined on 5/18/2014Food was great, the staff was very good and made for a great dining experience. I don't have kids so I had to accept that there was babies crying and children running around. Will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itanonymousDined on 5/17/2014We had a great meal for 3 generations from 7 to 75. Service was terrific and attentive. Food was very good. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK serviceLuvtodine850VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was very good. Prepared to our special request, no salt or butter. Service was not so great. Waiter not attentive and service very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!NeionaDined on 5/12/2014Loved every bit of it! :) The candlelight made for a lovely evening with my boyfriend, the service was outstanding, and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayDennaBDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day brunch was fabulous! The food was delicious! The service was excellent. The atmosphere was fun and lively. They even gave each Mom a Rose after brunch. It was a perfect afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!neverfollowVIPDined on 5/10/2014First time breakfast at Jill's. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2014I made a reservation for lunch more than 2 months in advance. It was never revealed that the Thursday before CU graduation would be buffet only. We were informed it was the only way they could handle the crowds, and the restaurant was not even full. Our party was very disappointed in the minimal offerings for a $25 lunch. We had a vegetarian and diabetic in our group and the offerings they could enjoy was very sparse. Shame on the St. Julien for not informing its guests what the protocol for the day would be! We have dined here before and we selected it again since it was a nice setting for a quiet lunch celebration. The service was adequate, but a refill on my coffee would of been nice!!
- Very Disappointed! Poor ServiceBuffoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014No valet parking for dinner guests started out the evening with a bad feeling. Then, having a very nice but inexperienced waiter in a restaurant which should be one of the best in Boulder.... Took forever to get our drinks, both steaks ordered were gristlely and a Cesar salad ordered was never delivered. When the waiter asked if we wanted to take the salad home in a doggie bag, we knew we were dealing with a new person! Overall, the evening was not up to expectation and I will not return to Jill's. There are so many good Restauarants in Boulder with much better food and prices. No need to overpay for a bad meal just because Jill's is at the St. Julien Hotel!Special Features:
- Perennial Standard of ExcellenceLiv2dineVIPDined on 5/5/2014Jill's never skips a beat!!! My wife and I discovered Jill's in 2007 and have returned every week with very few exceptions. Our reasons are scored and check-marked above. Bottom line -- Great Food, Great Variety, Great Nutrition, Great Service, Great Ambience, etc. -- all at very reasonable prices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchFrankDined on 5/3/2014We had heard about the great restaurant at the St Julian Hotel, and we decided to stop in for lunch one day while we were in Boulder. I would not normally expect to be bowled over by lunch items, but they take the standard soup and sandwiches to a whole new level. Simply the best club sandwich I've ever had, and my wife's pasta dish was superb -- they readily adapted the sauce to accommodate her dairy allergy. Finally, the waitress was superb: she knew every item on the menu in detail, and always appeared just as our drink glasses were almost empty. Based on this experience, we can't wait to return for a dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for All Occasions!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 5/2/2014Each score and checkmark above were carefully chosen. Indeed, Boulder has many fine restaurants, but none that we (my wife and I) routinely score as high! Simply stated, Jill's is Boulder's best value bar none!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014the food is ok, not as much variety as there used to be. Prices have gone up, but not in line with value. We continue to go becuase of ambience.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014For our Anniversary, my wife and I treated ourselves to dinner at Jill's. The food and service was excellent. We started off with a great glass of wine in the bar while we waited for our table. The wine selection is good, and happy hour choices in the bar are a great value. When our table was ready, we were given complimentary champagne to celebrate. The bar area is a little louder than the dining room, which is quiet and has a nice atmosphere. I had a soup, a nicely prepared steak and we both shared dessert.. was a very nice meal and evening.. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jill's -- Best Value in Boulder!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 4/11/2014Jill's is simply the best -- excellent menu and weekday lunch buffet, delicious/nutritious culinary choices, extensive wine list, great service, beautiful ambience, very reasonable prices, etc., etc., etc.!!! Among Boulder's many fine restaurants, Jill's is simply the best!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Boulder!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 4/7/2014Delicious, nutritious, beautiful ambiance, great service and very competitive prices... Jill's has it all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder's Best!!!Liv2dineVIPDined on 4/4/2014As dedicated foodies, my wife and I have tried Boulder's very best restaurants. Jill's consistently earns our highest score for all the reasons checked above!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehjeanievonbeanieDined on 4/2/2014Granted, we showed up late on a Wednesday, very quiet night, but the service was terrible. It was as if most of the staff in a busy hotel had left for the night. A shame, since the food was rather good and an unusual menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014enjoyed immensely! Ginger carrot soup, pannini, Deyo Pizza all competent and tasty and Desserts, eh? not so greatSpecial Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceGolfLoverDined on 3/26/2014We loved the ambiance, cozy, intimate, but not secluded. It is a place where you can relax and enjoy their fantastic food. The Caesar salad made at the table was amazing. The menu selections although not many, are a broad range of quality food. This was our first time and it is now on our list of nice places to go and enjoy a good meal with high quality service. The staff was attuned to our every need without being interruptive. The wine list is quite good with selections from around the world at reasonable prices. Having a glass of wine in the lobby after our dining experience was the frosting on the cake - with live music from a very nice jazz quintet. We'll be coming back again soon.Special Features:
- The following 596 reviews are from the Jill's in the St Julien Hotel reviews archive.
- Service was outstanding, JohnphpilotDined on 3/15/2014Service was outstanding, John our waiter was attentive and provided us excellent recommendations for the evening. Jill's is a cut above what most people consider hotel restaurants, it stands on its own.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2014I've been going to the Tuscan Table lunch for years. The last two times I went, I was a bit disappointed. The food does not seem as good as it was in the past.Special Features:
- Jill'sPatrickDined on 3/9/2014The service and food were excellent. The filet I had was perfectly cooked and tasty while the crab cake starter was my favorite item of the whole evening. My partner loved his lamb trio. The desserts were uninspiring compared with the rest of the meal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Second to noneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The service is far and away the best I've experienced in Boulder. The staff was attentive and courteous without being overbearing. The table side presentation was amazing. Very classy atmosphere and the food quality and preparation were exquisite. There are numerous vegetarian and vegan options. I would say this is a hidden gem in Boulder's fantastic restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014They sat us on time and we enjoyed an Amuse-bouche before our meal as well. The French onion soup was delicious and the. The duet of pork was cooked perfectly. The ingredients were fresh and all complimented the dish amazing. The creme brûlée I had for dessert also came with a chocolate covered strawberry which was a nice touch to the richness of the brûlée. I will definitely be going back as the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, will be backDachsundDined on 2/28/2014Went there with another couple for Denver Restaurant Week. Started in the bar which was having a Mardis Gras special or something so it was crazy packed and hyper loud. Restaurant was a nice respite. The special menu had a great selection of choices that made everyone happy, everything was delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.