74155 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://jilliansfinedining.com/
- Phone: 7607768242x
- Hours of Operation:
Dress Code Observed, No Shorts for Gentlemen Please
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Jay G. Trubee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jillian's guests will experience a masterful Eclectic cuisine in a style of dining where the traditions of southern Italy and regional American cuisine are paired with elegant wines. We will gladly customize a menu to complement and enhance your event.
- Private Party Contact: June Trubee 8776491573
- Entertainment: Live Piano music in the Lounge nightly by Jim Blaine.
- Special Events: Christmas Eve open at 5:00 PM with Holiday Additions to the menu.
New Years Eve 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM seating's
A word from Jillian's
Romantic. Inviting. Original. Uncompromising quality. Superb cuisine graciously served in an extraordinary atmosphere, is the unique inspiration of proprietors Jay and June TrubeeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jillian's reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very Consistent!OldProVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food and service are always very good and the menu always has some very interesting items!Special Features:
- GReat place-corkage is expensiveklmxmVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great inside patio...lovely place. Corkage fee is $30..which is too high in my opinion. Normal is $15.Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Jillian's reviews archive.
- Just wonderfulCCDINERVIPDined on 5/21/2014Have enjoyed dinner here twice in the last month . Excellent food and ambiance. Especially enjoyed the tower of dun gene crab, whitefish, liver and onions, rack of lamb and all the desserts! Can't wait to return next season..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolfGirlDined on 5/17/2014We were disappointed in our first table in one of their small rooms..... the A/C was not working up to par...... but they moved us to another room and nice table..... thank you! Food delicious and server excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualDinner42Dined on 5/16/2014Everything was once again as we have come to expect from this fine dining restaurant. The service staff is one of the best in the valley. The food preparation and presentation was outstanding. The gazpacho soup was the best I have had, compliments to chef Jorge. Never disappointed in this restaurant. WDinner42e have celebrate most of our anniversary's with a dinner at Jillian's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014We love Jillian's. Dine there every time we're in the Desert. Always sad when we're there and they're closed for the season. Love dining in the lounge and enjoying the wonderful music. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret hideaway.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014It was refreshing to dine at Jillian's. We will be back. The service was fantastic. It reminded us of a restaurant in Nantucket. The crab tower was amazing. The petite steak was amazing.Special Features:
- reception staffGistouxDined on 5/8/2014Everything was great except for the reception staff. They were surly and aloof not very pleasant. Once you get past them the eveing goes well. As we dine there quite often I want this confidential do not use my name.Special Features:
- inlawsRogersVIPDined on 5/3/2014The lobster salad was a hit. We always enjoy our time there. Server got items wrong more than any other time I have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jillian'slilo42VIPDined on 5/2/2014Owners graciously invite you into their beautiful restaurant. The food is always spectacular. The service impeccable. One of our favorite dining spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic/First class in every wayteedeeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Always for special occasions, but 2 yrs. since dining here as we tired of the same menu. Menu has changed= all new & delicious! Sorry we stayed away so long. Service is impeccable and food outstanding Hot homemade bread as a starter and many daily specials now. Wonderful dates, mini cookies, dried fruit and chocolate strawberries gratis to end your evening. Come early to have a drink on their lovely romantic patio. NOTE If you come in shorts, you will be provided with long pants on loan!Special Features:
- Still one of the bestWinedudeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Jillian's remains one of the finer restaurants in the Coachella Valley. It is elegant, charming, and offers top quality American and some Italian style cuisine. Our favorites include the shrimp w/sweet corn risotto, the cold lobster salad, and the Anaheim chile appetizer. They have a nice wine list that is not too over-priced, and service is always professional and helpful. We also think it is great that they have decided to utilize OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014We have always enjoyed Jillian's....and this time we had folks with us who have never been there....it is now their favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wear PantschelseaDined on 4/21/2014When I booked on open table - there was no mention that gentlemen had to wear long pants. I also spoke two times with the receptionist re our reservation. When we arrived the men were in dress shorts ( the temperature was 90 degrees) and told they had to wear pants supplied by the restaurant or change. They went home to change and it took 1 hour for them to do this. When I asked why we weren't told of the dress code she said "we have mostly regular customers so they already know this". I think advance warning would have helped.Special Features:
- Chef Jay once again deliversRIckVIPDined on 4/2/2014Chef Jay once again delivers an amazing meal along with the staff and our waiter doing an outstanding job!!!! Thank you Jillian's for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningDiningstarDined on 4/2/2014Made a reservation to celebrate my husbands big bday. We waited nearly 30 min for a menu and a conversation with our waiter. After a strong recommendation to order the Caesar salad, it was a major disappointment. The dark green wilted outer leaves were what made up most of the plate, far from "crisp"as described. Ordered the white fish special, very good but what were the small vegetables on the side? A tablespoon of corn, beets and ??? The waiter never reappeared so he had no idea about the lousy salad and after the entree was served, he was too busy taking of other tables to ever check on us. We then waited 20 min after our table was cleared, for our check, very poor service, so disappointing. Ruined the special evening!
- specialjwrocVIPDined on 3/27/2014Thursday evening at 8 .....everything was exceptional....sat inside bar area, remarkably comfortable will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillianAnnemarie39Dined on 3/27/2014We have been coming every March for many years, and we finally met Jillian. She was delightful and we wish her much luck in Boston (where we live) or NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday dinner!MissouzVIPDined on 3/27/2014I took my husband to Jillian's for his birthday and we were treated like royalty from the moment we entered the restaurant. From the hostess to the wait staff the service was impeccable. A varied menu with two specials made choice difficult but after finally deciding, we were not disappointed with the excellent appetizers, entrees, and deserts. If we lived here year round, we would come here on regular basis as we know that this is a quality restaurant well worth the expense.Special Features:
- Sophisticated DiningDavidDined on 3/26/2014This is not a place for "squat an gobble" diners. If you appreciate fine dining in a great atmosphere this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTravelerVIPDined on 3/21/2014We met our friends, the Sheya's, and decided to go to Jillian's for cocktails. Upon arrival June, one of the proprietors, advised us that they just had a cancellation, so we decided to not only have cocktails but stay for dinner. We had a wonderful server, Christin, who provided to us some very wonderful recommendations for the evening. Nobody in our group was disappointed with her recommendations. June and her staff made for a very wonderful dining experience for the four of us. My wife and I are OpenTable diners 3 to 5 times a week and we found this was one of the best restaurants we've been to. When we return to the desert we certainly will put Jillian's on our list. Regards, Carl SchleicherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way! FoodSuziDined on 3/19/2014Excellent in every way! Food was delicious. Outdoor patio beautiful. James was our waiter and he was knowledgeable, attentive, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestLambilVIPDined on 3/17/2014Go here every time I'm in Palm Desert and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal, withGreensborogalDined on 3/17/2014Always a great meal, with great service and wine. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDaletheWhaleDined on 3/14/2014We all had a wonderful meal. Our server made some great recommendations. I enjoyed the Nantucket scallops served over sweet corn risotto. My wife really enjoyed the the Gazpacho soup.Special Features:
- Special PlaceKimBDined on 3/11/2014Walking into the beautiful courtyard they had us! We dined here last year and had a wonderful meal, we were here a year later and the experience was just as great. I had the White fish special and husband had the Salmon in parchment, daughter had the Filet and her friend had the Salmon special all were excellent. The service is attentive without being hovering, it was perfect. Can't wait to go back next year.Special Features:
- All good except the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014All good except the noise from a group a few tables awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmYUMMintheSunDined on 3/3/2014We have come to Jillian's many times and have never been disappointed. The quality and presentation of food is something to marvel over, while the service is impeccable. It is a good idea to make reservations, but getting there early gives you the opportunity to sit at the bar and enjoy the piano bar music. I would highly reccomend requesting the patio courtyard for seating especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/27/2014My husband and brought another couple to Jillian's to celebrate two birthdays. The food, as always was outstanding. When we arrived at our table, there was a lovely note for the "birthday girls". The service was impeccable and the room was quiet enough for conversation, while still having the warm and vibrant buzz of a great restaurant . Our guests had never been and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/25/2014I took 5 guests from out of town and called the day before to specifically ask for outdoor seating. I was told there was one 6 person table available and it was saved fro us When we arrived we escorted to the back of the restaurant, where it was quite crowded.. when I mentioned we had a reserved table, we were told none was available .. if knowing that it advance I would have gone to another restaurant. When a great restaurant makes those kind of mistakes , often they will offer a free drink or desert to apologize.. but my feeling was they didn't much care.. so overall very unhappy with the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great cullianary experience.maple4176Dined on 2/22/2014a great cullianary experience. vibrant and fun in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved this restaurantRehobothGourmetDined on 2/21/2014The food was wonderful, starting with the bread, working through Caesar salads, the liver and chicken entrees and the lemon tart dessert. I will be back to Jillian's the next time I'm in Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth every penny!ElegantVIPDined on 2/19/2014Delicious meal in a beautiful and elegant environment. Truly a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what the fuss is all aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2014I had heard that this was a great restaurant and saw how difficult it was to get in so we were looking forward to a memorable evening. We arrived at 5:30 and requested an outdoor table but were told they were fully booked. The area was still empty at that point and did look very pretty. We were seated in a room in the rear that was very old and tired looking. It quickly became very noisy. Service was competent but not particularly warm. Our food was good but overpriced. Really it was the ambience that felt old, tired and stuffy. The patio was hopping when we left and had music. That may have been a completely different experience. If you go, make sure to get a reservation outside.
- Excellent as usual!metarooVIPDined on 2/10/2014JIllian's is our favorite restaurant in the Coachella Valley, with the perfect combination of great ambience, impeccable service, and incredibly good food that always arrives hot and fresh and is served by a team of waiters all at the same time, so there is never someone at your table waiting for their food after everyone else already received theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic StayWesNDined on 2/6/2014We were given a very special table next to the fireplace in which we requested. WE were very pleased with the service and the atmosphere. Our 4th visit;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh-la-laEnjoysFoodnAmbianceVIPDined on 2/6/2014The food was incredible - we had the Salmon in Parchment Paper. Just writing about it makes my mouth water as I can still remember the scrumptious taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous experienceLiz470VIPDined on 2/4/2014We go to Palm Desert once a year and always go to Jillian's. It is our special place and we love it. The food is exquisite, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is beautifully romantic on the gorgeous patio. We ate inside once and it was very lovely but we love the setting on the patio where they have plenty of heat lamps. You will not be disappointed in this restaurant. We can't wait to go back next year. We think we'll go the first and last nights we're there next year!Special Features:
- Special Occasion ClassiclbchiefDined on 1/31/2014My wife's birthday was presented in the most excellent manner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations. Welcoming,coGeocinqDined on 1/31/2014Exceeded expectations. Welcoming,comfortable ambience...great cuisine...highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.