74155 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://jilliansfinedining.com/
- Phone: (760) 776-8242
- Hours of Operation:
Dress Code Observed, No Shorts for Gentlemen Please
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Jay G. Trubee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jillian's guests will experience a masterful Eclectic cuisine in a style of dining where the traditions of southern Italy and regional American cuisine are paired with elegant wines. We will gladly customize a menu to complement and enhance your event.
- Private Party Contact: June Trubee 8776491573
- Entertainment: Live Piano music in the Lounge nightly by Jim Blaine.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving open at 4:00 PM with special menu
Christmas Eve open at 5:00 PM with Holiday Additions to the menu.
New Years Eve 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM seating's
Valentine's Day open at 5:00 PM with special menu
Open Mother's Day
A word from Jillian's
Romantic. Inviting. Original. Uncompromising quality. Superb cuisine graciously served in an extraordinary atmosphere, is the unique inspiration of proprietors Jay and June TrubeeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jillian's reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (30)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (11)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great old standardJerryVIPDined on 11/25/2014Jillian's has been in Palm Desert for as long as I can remember. While not particularly unusual or creative the food is excellent and the service impecable. It is a great special occasion restaurant for those who can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant setting, amazing meal! A night to rememberLucky1VIPDined on 11/24/2014This was our first time dining here. It is a special setting with a beautiful outdoor dining area. Inside it is divided into small areas so it is very cozy. Table is beautifully set; menu had lots of choices. Our dinners were generous portions if fresh, well prepared food. I had the filet which was melt in your mouth tender with an assortment if fresh vegetables surrounding it. My husband had the scallops risotto; beyond description delicious. We passed on dessert only to have the waiter bring us a plate of home baked cookies, dried fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. And almost forgot, they serve an amazing fresh baked bread that us like cake. A meal to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014We visited Jillian's recently to celebrate our anniversary. It was everything we had hoped. From drinks to dessert, every bite was delicious. And the service was impeccable. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinggreatDined on 11/17/2014Heard about how good this place was met my expectations and then someSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best of the best in every way!PragmatisteDined on 11/15/2014Great cozy ambiance in an historic hacienda-like building with courtyard, outdoor fireplace, piano in the bar and front dining room. Excellent menu and quality... Best service from beginning to end... Intimate! Romantic! Top of the list for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We've been to Jillian's before, and glad we went back. Just as I remembered it--nothing has changed--good! We were first going to be seated in the back room, but requested a less noisy spot, which turned out to be where the bar area was. Good choice, b/c that's where the music also is. Appetizers excellent as usual--husband had the crab/avocado tower, I had the lobster salad, which was excellent, and a good piece of lobster as well. We also had drinks--I had a nice pour of Merlot, and husband had a vodka martini. Dinner was meant to be savoured, and the food did not come in a hurry right after each course. I ordered the lamb chops, (rare plus, which is a little more than rare, but less than med. rare) and husband ordered the short ribs. Both were excellent, but my lamb, for me, was a bit too done--it came out medium rare. The usual vegetables served alongside my chops were outstanding--corn, an eggplant puree with tomatoes, a potato gratin or some sort, and beets. All fresh, all excellent. Husband's short ribs were outstanding as well- you could really taste the quality of the meat--had to be prime--and ultra slow cooked. We were too full for dessert, but to me, a good sign of an excellent restaurant are the little touches: a plate of cookies, strawberries, dried apricots and dates were served to nibble on. Yes, this place is for the "older" set, but we did see some younger couples. Outdoors would be excellent in the warmer weather.....Glad this restaurant or its food have not changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodWinedudeVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is an elegant spot with a great menu loaded with lots of tasty dishes. Appetizer and salad pricing is high, but they are also tasty. Service was very slow on a Saturday night, which was a surprise and a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!TaraLVIPDined on 11/10/2014The food is always amazing! We enjoy dining outside on the romantic patio. The service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRovinDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is a special restaurant. Ranks as one of the finest in North America. Everything is meticulously done.Special Features:
- Awesome!seattledineDined on 11/7/2014We just loved this restaurant. It was so romantic, lovely courtyard restaurant, great wine and the best food we have had in a long time. Our waiter was superb! They brought us a lovely dessert tray of fruits and chocolates at the end of our meal. An overall gracious and beautiful dining experience! Thank you Jillian's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very positive from start to finish.alphonso14VIPDined on 11/7/2014We had not been to Jillian's for a couple of years and were concerned by some of the negative reviews, particularly regarding aloof receptionist and indifferent service. Our experience was quite the opposite. We received a confirmation call the day of our reservation and the young woman politely reminded me that gentlemen are required to wear long pants. Not an unreasonable request in my opinion considering that I would categorize Jillian's as a "fine dinning" restaurant. The same young woman greeted us that evening and could not have been more gracious and pleasant. Likewise, our server was friendly without being overly familiar, knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good, the ambiance wonderful and the overall experience superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Jillians is a wonderful option in the desert! One of our favorites and find the food always fresh and classically interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteAlamoBVIPDined on 11/5/2014restaurant in Palm Desert and there are quite a few! From the chef, to the server, to the bartender, to the bus boys- wonderful service! We go there every year on our anniversary.Special Features:
- Nice FindDesert555VIPDined on 10/30/2014Ambiance is great. Dine in ir outdoors. 4 cheese pasta delicious.Special Features:
- AwesomeTravelbugDined on 10/28/2014We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Took friends to visit and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Jillian's reviews archive.
- Incredible Dining ExperienceWorldTraveler2014Dined on 10/24/2014Jillians combines an exciting menu with outstanding presentation; ambiance unsurpassed with service that is outstanding. The dining experience is exceptional and the owners and staff make the visit special every time you are able to dine there. This is not only one of the best in the valley but there winning formula of exeptional food, great ambiance and excellent service make this one of the best dining expereiences in the country.Special Features:
- Very Consistent!OldProVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food and service are always very good and the menu always has some very interesting items!Special Features:
- GReat place-corkage is expensiveklmxmVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great inside patio...lovely place. Corkage fee is $30..which is too high in my opinion. Normal is $15.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulCCDINERVIPDined on 5/21/2014Have enjoyed dinner here twice in the last month . Excellent food and ambiance. Especially enjoyed the tower of dun gene crab, whitefish, liver and onions, rack of lamb and all the desserts! Can't wait to return next season..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolfGirlDined on 5/17/2014We were disappointed in our first table in one of their small rooms..... the A/C was not working up to par...... but they moved us to another room and nice table..... thank you! Food delicious and server excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualDinner42Dined on 5/16/2014Everything was once again as we have come to expect from this fine dining restaurant. The service staff is one of the best in the valley. The food preparation and presentation was outstanding. The gazpacho soup was the best I have had, compliments to chef Jorge. Never disappointed in this restaurant. WDinner42e have celebrate most of our anniversary's with a dinner at Jillian's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014We love Jillian's. Dine there every time we're in the Desert. Always sad when we're there and they're closed for the season. Love dining in the lounge and enjoying the wonderful music. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret hideaway.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014It was refreshing to dine at Jillian's. We will be back. The service was fantastic. It reminded us of a restaurant in Nantucket. The crab tower was amazing. The petite steak was amazing.Special Features:
- reception staffGistouxDined on 5/8/2014Everything was great except for the reception staff. They were surly and aloof not very pleasant. Once you get past them the eveing goes well. As we dine there quite often I want this confidential do not use my name.Special Features:
- inlawsRogersVIPDined on 5/3/2014The lobster salad was a hit. We always enjoy our time there. Server got items wrong more than any other time I have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jillian'slilo42VIPDined on 5/2/2014Owners graciously invite you into their beautiful restaurant. The food is always spectacular. The service impeccable. One of our favorite dining spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic/First class in every wayteedeeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Always for special occasions, but 2 yrs. since dining here as we tired of the same menu. Menu has changed= all new & delicious! Sorry we stayed away so long. Service is impeccable and food outstanding Hot homemade bread as a starter and many daily specials now. Wonderful dates, mini cookies, dried fruit and chocolate strawberries gratis to end your evening. Come early to have a drink on their lovely romantic patio. NOTE If you come in shorts, you will be provided with long pants on loan!Special Features:
- Still one of the bestWinedudeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Jillian's remains one of the finer restaurants in the Coachella Valley. It is elegant, charming, and offers top quality American and some Italian style cuisine. Our favorites include the shrimp w/sweet corn risotto, the cold lobster salad, and the Anaheim chile appetizer. They have a nice wine list that is not too over-priced, and service is always professional and helpful. We also think it is great that they have decided to utilize OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014We have always enjoyed Jillian's....and this time we had folks with us who have never been there....it is now their favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wear PantschelseaDined on 4/21/2014When I booked on open table - there was no mention that gentlemen had to wear long pants. I also spoke two times with the receptionist re our reservation. When we arrived the men were in dress shorts ( the temperature was 90 degrees) and told they had to wear pants supplied by the restaurant or change. They went home to change and it took 1 hour for them to do this. When I asked why we weren't told of the dress code she said "we have mostly regular customers so they already know this". I think advance warning would have helped.Special Features:
- Chef Jay once again deliversRIckVIPDined on 4/2/2014Chef Jay once again delivers an amazing meal along with the staff and our waiter doing an outstanding job!!!! Thank you Jillian's for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningDiningstarDined on 4/2/2014Made a reservation to celebrate my husbands big bday. We waited nearly 30 min for a menu and a conversation with our waiter. After a strong recommendation to order the Caesar salad, it was a major disappointment. The dark green wilted outer leaves were what made up most of the plate, far from "crisp"as described. Ordered the white fish special, very good but what were the small vegetables on the side? A tablespoon of corn, beets and ??? The waiter never reappeared so he had no idea about the lousy salad and after the entree was served, he was too busy taking of other tables to ever check on us. We then waited 20 min after our table was cleared, for our check, very poor service, so disappointing. Ruined the special evening!
- specialjwrocVIPDined on 3/27/2014Thursday evening at 8 .....everything was exceptional....sat inside bar area, remarkably comfortable will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillianAnnemarie39Dined on 3/27/2014We have been coming every March for many years, and we finally met Jillian. She was delightful and we wish her much luck in Boston (where we live) or NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday dinner!MissouzVIPDined on 3/27/2014I took my husband to Jillian's for his birthday and we were treated like royalty from the moment we entered the restaurant. From the hostess to the wait staff the service was impeccable. A varied menu with two specials made choice difficult but after finally deciding, we were not disappointed with the excellent appetizers, entrees, and deserts. If we lived here year round, we would come here on regular basis as we know that this is a quality restaurant well worth the expense.Special Features:
- Sophisticated DiningDavidDined on 3/26/2014This is not a place for "squat an gobble" diners. If you appreciate fine dining in a great atmosphere this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTravelerVIPDined on 3/21/2014We met our friends, the Sheya's, and decided to go to Jillian's for cocktails. Upon arrival June, one of the proprietors, advised us that they just had a cancellation, so we decided to not only have cocktails but stay for dinner. We had a wonderful server, Christin, who provided to us some very wonderful recommendations for the evening. Nobody in our group was disappointed with her recommendations. June and her staff made for a very wonderful dining experience for the four of us. My wife and I are OpenTable diners 3 to 5 times a week and we found this was one of the best restaurants we've been to. When we return to the desert we certainly will put Jillian's on our list. Regards, Carl SchleicherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way! FoodSuziDined on 3/19/2014Excellent in every way! Food was delicious. Outdoor patio beautiful. James was our waiter and he was knowledgeable, attentive, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestLambilVIPDined on 3/17/2014Go here every time I'm in Palm Desert and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal, withGreensborogalDined on 3/17/2014Always a great meal, with great service and wine. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.