5047 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
RussianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jibekjolu.us/
- Phone: 7738788494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, Afghan, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Roza Sydykova
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Jibek Jolu
Jibekjolu is Chicago's first and only Kyrgyz restaurant, one that will allow you to truly enjoy unique flavors, hand pulled noodles, fresh baked bread, and tender, perfectly seasoned meat. Jibek Jolu features elements of many different cuisines and allows you to have a taste of many cultures all at one stop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jibek Jolu reviews from OpenTable diners
- ARThurDined on 5/24/2014We found non metered parking nearby. Room was almost empty to start around 1:30. Before we left, lots of young men came in principally to watch soccer on the TV. We ordered three appetizers and a small order main dish. I can't recall the names. They were all good and all different from the everyday. We had tea which was served hot and some bread which was ordinary. Dining area is small and drab and dishes and utensils ordinary. Overall, this was a unique and fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, excellent food, serviceclp126VIPDined on 4/28/2014This was an opportunity to try many new dishes. Our favorites were the blini, the soups (especially the smoky solyanka), the warm cucumber salad with beef (sounds strange, but it was good) and the luscious, juicy, char-grilled chicken thigh kabob. Entrees came with a lot of good vegies. The server was welcoming and very helpful.Special Features:
- YessssMASMASDined on 4/12/2014Amazing. Lagnam, Shashlik, Pelmeni, Honey Cake. Do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Kyrzyg foodmedboyILVIPDined on 12/27/2013Excellent Kyrzyg food at decent prices! Good service. Nice atmosphere. When you're in the mood to try something new and different, give this place a try. I love when dining at ethnic restaurants I see people of that culture represented in the dining patrons; you know you're at a good, authentic place! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way and not muchAdamDined on 10/12/2013Out of the way and not much to look at, but wow the food is good! Meat or potato dumplings and homemade noodles. Reall comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the Top But Fun...RandyontheglobeDined on 10/11/2013Outstanding assortment of traditional fondue fare done very well. The atmosphere is unabashedly garish, but the staff knows how to pull the whole concept off well. The music is good and I hear that a lot of people walk out of the place engaged. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very interesting menu. HeartyTheaDined on 10/3/2013A very interesting menu. Hearty food. I've never seen another place quite like it. Going back again soon. When you've had plenty of burgers, pasta, sushi, etc, and you are in the mood for something unique, give this place a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Central Asian Cuisine!NewInTownDined on 9/20/2013If you have never had the pleasure of trying Central Asian cuisine, Jibek Jolu is the place to go! I live in Kazakhstan for 2 years and this restaurant is about as authentic as it gets. They even have Russian music videos playing in the background! I would highly suggest the lagman with homemade noodles, soooooo good! I tried some of my husband's manty and that was equally delicious. Start off with some carrot salad, too. Love this place; what a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find!JnnkahaDined on 9/18/2013I am not sure from which part did the restaurant choose, but Central Asia food pretty much explain everything. I like how the food feels like homemade, and a friend who is originally from around that area approve the authenticity of the food. Not sure how to rate the noise level and ambiance since we came when it was stormy and rainy, so not many people came, but I like how it was dim, cozy, and feels like Central Asia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply put, there is no otherburgheadDined on 3/16/2013Simply put, there is no other Central Asian food place in Chicago. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice to switch up the usualCHIguyVIPDined on 3/9/2013The menu provides a unique experience to the Chicago food scene. The restaurant has a laid-back atmosphere, great for a group of friends. Portions are available in half or full-size orders, making for a prime opportunity to share amongst the table. We will definitely be back. All of the food was fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- Celebrate my birthday at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Celebrate my birthday at this restaurant and invite 14 people. It is a BYOB. We had a great time! The food is very good and the prices are just amazing!Special Features:
- Not many places off KrygzykOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Not many places off Krygzyk cuisine, so that alone makes this a place to check out. The Chebureki was nice and warm and the Borsh soup tasted good although both were on the bland side for my tastes. I ate the Beshbarmak (similiar to a beef stroganoff) which proved to be a lot of food. The lamb was nicely spiced and flavorful although not overbearing. My sister had the Pelmeni which proved to be the best dish of the night with great tasting dumplings. Overall the food was a little bland for my taste, but still good. If you're one who doesn't enjoy very spicy food, this is a great place to try. The service was really good. Remember to bring your own wine or beer and you can enjoy a good meal.Special Features:
- Great food,service and manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/14/2012Great food,service and many choices of different food offered.Very reasnable pricingSpecial Features:
- This was our first time atSartVIPDined on 11/14/2012This was our first time at Jibek Jolu. We went on a Wednesday pretty early, so it was a slow time and the restaurant was quiet. Food is interesting as it is the only Kyrghiz restaurant around. Openers of carrot salad potato dumplings were very good. My noodle dish with lots of (not hot) peppers and onions was delicious but my wife's dish of boiled lamb on noodles was rather bland. The home-made honey cake dessert was terrific. Service was very friendly and efficient. The place is cute. Portions are generous. Prices are very reasonable and the BYO policy makes it an even better value. I would go back, but only on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday when they have several specials that sounded interesting.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Definitely worthOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2012Amazing food. Definitely worth looking out for this place. The food is so good!!Special Features:
- Very friendly service. ExcellentNoraDined on 9/7/2012Very friendly service. Excellent regional food priced very reasonably. BYOB/W is a big plusSpecial Features: