Jessica's at Swift House
25 Stewart Lane
Middlebury, VT 05753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jessica's at Swift House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jessicasvermont.com/
- Phone: 8023889925x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:30am - 9:30am; Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Starting in May open Wednesday-Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Fenn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jessica's at Swift House
A meal at Jessica's Restaurant is always memorable. The recently updated dining room is a reflection of the casual comfort and style of this New England country inn. Jessica's Restaurant is located in the Swift House Inn in Middlebury, Vermont. Jessica's is just two blocks from downtown Middlebury, set in an 1814 stately home, surrounded by beautiful lawns and gardens. Jessica's casual atmosphere is the perfect place for a dinner for two, or a celebratory dinner for four to forty! Come early and enjoy our bar; Tom, with his more than 30 years of bartending experience, can fix you a cocktail or help you choose the right bottle of wine. We have won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for our wine list for six straight years! We also have local beers on tap including Switchback, from Burlington,Vermont; and two brews from Middlebury's Otter Creek Brewery or Drop-In Brewery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jessica's at Swift House - Best Restaurants in Middlebury ›
Jessica's at Swift House reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)notable wine list (21)romantic (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I agreed--this is the best steak we have had in Middlebury. Beautiful, delicious food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We'll be back!ZiggersDined on 10/4/2014Very nice menu selections, delicious meal, great service, very nice atmosphere. This was a first visit and a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentvocallocalDined on 9/14/2014A destination for superb food and wine; gracious setting, beautiful new England inn. Most items locally sourced; menu changes often, with superb specials. Every several months there is a special wine and food pairing dinner.Special Features:
- Another pleasant visitMiddParentDined on 9/6/2014We just made another visit to Jessica's when dropping off our daughter at Middlebury College. When asked where she wanted to go, she chose Jessica's. She is a vegetarian and Jessica's had several options for her. She chose a stuffed squash which she loved. My wife and I chose non-vegetarian meals and loved ours as well. It is easy to hold a conversation and the service is attentive without being overbearing. A nice experience overall.Special Features:
- middlebury dininghouseboyDined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere. Reasonable prices varied menuSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!KDG14Dined on 9/4/2014My daughter and I were on a college visit to Middlebury during my birthday. We stayed at the the Swift House Inn and arrived in the veining. It was nice to have a wonderful restaurant on the premises to enjoy a birthday dinner. The food was delicious, the room was beautiful and service spectacular. I would highly recommend eating here even if you aren't celebrating an occasion. We also had the pleasure of having breakfast at Jessica's the next morning. It was delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceBlueMaxDined on 8/28/2014Fabulous food; value-priced wines; an excellently stocked bar; wonderful, relaxing, romantic ambiance; a beautiful view; perfect service and a reasonable tab, all this in green Vermont, far, far away from the Big Apple. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ssl2Dined on 8/22/2014We were very pleased with all aspects of the evening. I believe that this is probably the premier restaurant in the Middlebury area, and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicewearvinoDined on 8/16/2014Jessica's at the Swift House serves excellent food with service to match. When our table was delayed well past the time of our reservation, we were graciously accommodated in every possible way. Dinner was served in appropriate portions in an unpretentious way.Special Features:
- Birthday delight!SatisfiedplusDined on 8/16/2014We totally enjoyed my husband's birthday celebration at Jessica's! The entire meal was superb, from the appetizers, fresh baked bread, crispy salads and fabulous main courses! The chef had a homemade with scrumptious chocolate frosting as requested brought to the table. We all had a wonderful time! Thank you Jessica's! Your chef is a keeper!Special Features:
- fantastic restaurant in MiddleburyLouisvilletravelerDined on 8/7/2014Attentive service and fantastic food in this b+b-just a short walk from the Middlebury Inn-very impressed with the selection of entrees and wine list. would highly recommend to anyone visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinner4UDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food,great ambiance, inviting wine list and a terrific waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDVIPDined on 7/30/2014the deck is the place to be when the weather is nice interior decor needs workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 7/17/2014We had a lovely meal at Jessicas. Service was excellent and attentive and ubhurried in a lovely physical space that is part of a larger inn. We both had duck and agreed it was one of the best duck dishes we had ever eaten. The desserts, a crete brûlée and flourlees chocolate cake were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDiningdivaVIPDined on 7/17/2014My son recommended because of the ingratiating service and wine list. We were certainly delighted that it was all that he related and much more. Surroundings are beautiful and ambience is cosy and romantic. We had the duck, steak, and liver pâté. All were exquisite. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/13/2014We were in the area for a wedding and went as a group for dinner. We had the library. The service was good as was the food. The lobster special I had was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!!!!Greg01Dined on 6/29/2014This was my first time in Middlebury with my girlfriend and wanted to do something special! Jessica"s was outstanding!!!!!!!! We both enjoy good food and we got excellent meals. Started of with the cheese and fruit plate then my girlfriend had a grass fed beef tenderloin with a local gorgonzola cream sauce and I had a line caught oven roasted halibut with locally harvested mushrooms and butter lemon sauce. The tenderloin melted in your mouth and the halibut was perfect!!!!! Could of not picked a better place for a romantic dinner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.happy2eatDined on 6/27/2014I had the best evening dining at Jessica's. It was a dinner for one on a quiet week day. I sat at the cozy bar and enjoyed Chef Robs amazing lobster bisque followed by the special of the night, a beautifully cut piece of fresh halibut. The food was to die for! The drinks were perfectly pared and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Jessica's at Swift House reviews archive.
- ExcellentsteaknomDined on 6/14/2014Food was second only to the service. Great to find locally sourced meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 6/11/2014Pace of service - not too fast, slow enough to feel luxurious. Deliciously prepared & presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent after-opera diningBobMDined on 6/1/2014We travel to Middlebury infrequently, so looked for an outstanding restaurant for a post-opera dinner. We were not disappointed at Jessica's. The menu was interesting, with many great choices. The wine list had plenty of good options as well. We went with the two specials of the evening (a line-caught haddock special and a grass-fed beef filet) and were more than pleased. The food was excellent as was the service. We would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great great surpriseFanofgreatFandSDined on 5/24/2014wonderful wine list, charming and responsive personnel, great food, great choices, and all five of us loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy and quietGICHVIPDined on 4/4/2014good selection of food choices, great wait staff services.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the OrdinaryAllieDined on 3/29/2014This is comfortable dinning experience. A quiet evening out with your significant other or a group of friends and great food is what you will experience. The ambiance is quite nice. We all enjoyed our evening and found the staff friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious and skillfully prepared and plated. We will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Food was excellent; well preparedLeenDined on 3/29/2014Food was excellent; well prepared and presented and service was good. Liked that they used locally produced food and products.Special Features:
- Truly a Wonderful ExperienceLittleJohnDined on 2/15/2014We had dinner at Jessica's just after Valentine's Day. The décor is very quaint, focused on the New England country house with the key elements which give it a warm, lived in, but extremely well kept appearance. We ate in the study room, complete with the built-in bookcases and beautiful crown molding. The dinner was excellent. The appetizer cheese plate was very well done, with a nice selection of local cheese and meats. The salad was quite good. The filet mignon was cooked to expectation and very tasty. The venison shank was amazing. It fell off the bone and the gravy complemented the flavor of the meat. Very well done and a place one needs t oexperience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topped off with a RoseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try Jessica's, so we made Valentine's Day dinner reservations. As we approached the restaurant I was struck by the setting - candles glowing in every window, a bright and inviting covered entryway, snow falling lightly -a quintessential Vermont setting. We had a wonderful dinner, topped off with a single rose at the end of our meal. What a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jessica's at the Swift HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Excellent restaurant. Good food, wonderful service. The wine list is exceptional. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special placeJimtlsDined on 1/10/2014Outstanding cuisine, knowledgeable and capable staff, a gem...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/18/2013We had a wonderful dinner on a cold, snowy night in Middlebury. The fire was glowing in the fireplace and the food was outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special dinner when they are visiting Middlebury.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Middleburyjb61290Dined on 12/1/2013I have enjoyed several fine meals at Jessica's and dinner on Sunday was no exception. Rob Fenn's menu is imaginative and well-prepared, using a wide range of local ingredients. My dinner of divers scallops with lobster and a light cream sauce scented with thyme was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/27/2013My family and I celebrated the start of the Thanksgiving season at Jessica's, our favorite place to eat in town. My mother, not always easy to please, was thrilled with the Misty Knoll chicken with tomato ragout. We also had the special, diver scallops with lobster. Scallops on special, whichever way, are always a must. With the delicious aromas surrounding us, it was hard to choose. Jody was the perfect blend of attentiveness and helpfulness. And as always, Tom chose the right wines to accompany our feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch serviceFoodie83Dined on 11/24/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Jessica's. The staff was very hospitable and welcoming from the moment we entered. Everyone congratulated us on our anniversary and they even brought us a special dessert and champagne! When I mentioned seeing an appetizer on their online menu that was no longer on their current menu, the chef prepared it specially for us. That made our anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013The scallops and lobster were succulent! But the caramel homemade ice cream was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and romantic!SuzieDined on 11/10/2013We were amazed at the quality of the food here! Every thing from the appetizers; butternut squash risotto cakes with an apple cider reduction, Hen of the Woods bisque (shared), and cesaer salad, to the entrees; homemade mushroom stuffed ravioli and venison shank (one of the most delicious sauces I've ever tasted). The ambience was comfy and romantic, with our table facing the fireplace. Service was good, portions were more than sufficient, and the specially ordered Cosmo was spot on. A special place for sure, you will not be disappointed in the quality of the food served here. Great job Chef Rob! And thank you Dan and Michelle for hosting us for a complimentary Veterans stay, you go above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceOpenRoadDined on 11/9/2013Wonderful setting. Great service. The lamb and sea scallop specials were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic new American cuisine.VTVisitorDined on 11/8/2013Jessica's is one of my wife and I's favorite restaurants to travel to in the country. They have a phenomenal wait staff who can answer any question and the food preparation and presentation are amazing. Whether having a classic dish or a newer creation, the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing food in lovely environmentStacyDined on 10/10/2013Outstanding food, one of the best meals we've ever had! The back of the menu said where and what farms the meats, cheeses, vegetables, etc. came from. Selections were great, from the soups to salads, appetizers to main courses...all the way through to the desserts. Atmosphere perfect! Unfriendly server, she appeared as if she'd rather be doing anything else but serving us a meal. Some time went and my husband asked her to repeat the two dinner specials. Her reaction was such that I thought she'd ask us to leave, as if how dare we ask her that! She was the only negative I could say about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 10/2/2013Based on reviews, we expected a much better dining experience. First, we chose a wine, but it was out of stock. The bread was very good. The tomato caprese had good cheese, but the tomato was sliced so thinly, they might as well not have bothered. The steak was ok; the steak frites were soggy. The "half" duckling was the real disaster. First, it was not crispy. Second, they served two legs & two thighs...no breast. Then, they had the audacity to insist it was a breast. Big thigh bones don't look like ribs. My husband clearly had two legs & two thighs...no breast or wing. The coffee was good. I would assume any Middlebury restaurant would have better food than this one.
- Great food!MarieDined on 9/25/2013I had the salmon which was cooked exactly to my taste, and my mother had the scallops which were very good. The crème brûlée was excellent, the flourless chocolate cake was ok but a bit too sweet and not enough 'chocolaty' for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.