Jerusalem Grill & Bar
1740 S. Winchester
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
KosherPrice: $30 and under
Jerusalem Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jerusalemgrillbar.com/
- Phone: 4088662666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: M-Th 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Kosher, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Wine
A word from Jerusalem Grill & Bar
Jerusalem grill & bar is a new restaurant serving the greater Bay Area. We are proud to bring the taste of Israel to Northern California. Our menu offers a variety of food from grill entrees like Shuwarma, baby lamb chops, sizzling steaks and baby chicken to home made entrees like stuffed chicken breast, meatballs, couscous and more. We are a Glatt Kosher restaurant supervised by Vaad Hakashrus of Northern California, specializing in Israeli & Middle Eastern food and we use only the finest meat and produce. We are located in a convenient location in Campbell and our new facility offers a clean and Spacious environment with lots of free parking. We are also offering a variety of beer and wine selection with a full bar to follow soon. Our goal is to provide a clean and kosher environment combined with our signature mouthwatering entrees and excellent customer service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jerusalem Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Good time and experience.curiousroots4uDined on 8/27/2014I saw a band stand and would have enjoyed a little klezmer music with my meal or a violin concerto.Special Features:
- Excellent food comfortable facilityAFanFromMADined on 8/18/2014I'm usually a little hesitant to bring non-kosher-keeping colleagues into a kosher restaurant since quality is not always high. But, each of my four colleagues thought the food was delicious and were bemoaning the fact that they don't have a similar restaurant in their neighborhood!Special Features:
- YummyWineTimesDined on 7/28/2014My friend and I have been going on food adventures in the Southbay. We have tried many new kinds of cuisine from Ethiopian, to now Kosher and lots in between. This one is at the top of our list with lots yummy vegtable dishes. And a real dessert tray was brought to our table at the end of the meal. We enjoyed two different & unique eggplant appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great disappointmentsnoopyDined on 6/24/2014Lets begin with the waitress who walked in, with long wet hair, sat down with her big purse on the table and proceeded to braid her long hair in the dining room for about 15 minutes while 2 patrons sat behind her and we watched appalled. We should have walked out at that moment, but nooo, we stuck it out only to discover that the food was equally bad, very expensive, service was poor, never did the waitress come back to see if we wanted more water, beer or drinks. I usually love trying different ethnic restaurants, but this is by far the greatest disappointment. Will never return and will not recommend it to anyone.
- Amazing service!WendyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's day for a special treat for our special dad/husband. When we got there, we were greeted in a friendly way and seated pretty quickly. Unfortunately, it took quite a while to have a server come. Then, when the server came to take our order, they were out of several of the things we hoped to have. Our server turned this unhappy start to the evening totally around. She brought us some side salads to munch on while we waited for our food, told us she would do whatever it would take to make "Dad" happy, and then brought us some complimentary desserts at the end. The food was delicious, but the service made what could have been a disastrous evening, a fun and happy celebration. We thank you, Todah rabah!Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Jerusalem Grill & Bar reviews archive.
- Nice Mediterranean Kosher mealgoodeatsDined on 5/6/2014Our group had a nice meal at Jerusalem Grill. The service was excellent. We had hummus chickpeas appetizer and it was the best I ever ate. The pita bread was warm and fresh. The main course meals were huge--enough for 2-3 people and each one comes with 2 side dishes or salads. I would not recommend the kabob (lamb and beef) because the charcoal flavoring was overbearing. The beef goolash and Jerusalem Mix were good! Skip the green beans (overcooked in tomato sauce). The Mediterranean salad was OK but should just have olive oil-- too salty. Beet salad, eh. Couscous dishes were delicious. I think I would like a bit less food paired with what it tastes best with. But the atmosphere was friendly and comfortable. The price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Great food, EXCELLENT ServicehappycamperVIPDined on 4/30/2014It was our first time at Jerusalem Grill and the food was outstanding... We shared the mushroom hummus and it was the BEST! I had the chicken kabob with veggie couscous...EXCELLENT! Everyone loved their food! The waitress was one of the best we've had. The only down side was that it was noisy due to a large party @ 30+. Also a couple was not controlling their small daughter(3ish) and she was running around and jumping on the small stage making lots of noise. Their other child, a baby, was hollering. I feel someone should have intervened and asked the parents to monitor their children. I will definitely return due to the outstanding food and excellent service!Special Features:
- Authentic Mediterranean dishes.SueHDined on 3/30/2014Authentic Mediterranean dishes. Fills a void for Kosher restaurants south of the Bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find in Northern CAStacks2003Dined on 3/24/2014Excellent Kosher restaurant, but location is a little out of the way for Silicon Valley and difficult to find if your are new to area. Excellent Service when staff was available. They were often helping other tables. Food and presentation were good. I had fried eggplant as an appetizer and hamburger special with aioli for entree. Hamburger was excellent. Fried eggplant is not breaded like schnitzel. When I commented it was not what I expected, staff offered to take it back and remove it from bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Jerusalem GrillArtZDined on 3/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Jerusalem Grill. Service was good, but a bit slow, so I had to take points off. The meatballs with tahini special was a great new taste treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant set tables always4roses2lipsDined on 3/1/2014elegant set tables always well kept/ service is always with smiles and immediate attention/Food is superb and what I like abundant/desserts smooth and mouth watering/I like although energetic the quiet feeling. Makes you want to stay and digest your food/all beverages are great some better than others/my favorite couscous with chicken or the great steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at the Jerusalem GrillFood4funDined on 10/10/2013I was impressed with the fine dining experience. The ambiance was warm and friendly. The food is well spiced and delicious. The servers are helpful and the food arrived in a timely wait.Special Features:
- CLOSED and OPENTABLE 0 POINTS?TelubitVIPDined on 9/29/2013So we make a reservation for this restaurant (which is very good) and they are closed for remodeling. Thanks for letting us book and take the family to a closed location (sarcasm) Then OpenTable gives me a no show zero points. LOL - who is paying attention here. Customer Experience anyone? Anyone?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't come after holidaysalraytseDined on 9/15/2013Lots of things were missing from the menu because of the holidays. I wanted to try moussaka, and peach desert was missing. Very disappointing. We tried most things on the menu and probably not going to be back again. Great restaurant but for the price it should have all the dishes on the menu. Also when you put French onion soup on the menu, i kind of get "wrong" expectations! Soup was very good but can you call it "french onion"? maybe but too many hit and misses for me.
- The food and staff are wonderful.TamarSDined on 9/11/2013The food and staff are wonderful. The only issues I had is parents who do not keep their children from running around and screaming. Children of course can be rambunctious but it's inappropriate in a restaurant unless it's a private event and there are lots of children and no one cares about the noise.Special Features:
- Jerusalem Grill and BarGeriDined on 6/24/2013Israeli style food -- pita, falafel, kabobs, etc. with a bit of eastern Europe (i.e., schnitzel, goulash). Glatt kosher. Had the schuwarma plate and found the meat a tad dry, but well flavored. Both of us liked the Hummus with ground beef appetizer - wasn't sure about the combo but the hot (beef) and cold (hummus) was amazingly good. I'm going back -- there are so many things to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMcMarcelDined on 6/17/2013A great place in the neighborhood with fresh & authentic food from the middle-east. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handled our crowd easilyArtZDined on 6/9/2013We had 8 adults and a 1-year-old in a high chair. Wait staff and management were very helpful. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2013As close to great Jerusalem food as one can get in Silicon Valley, will definitely return and recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013Had a bean soup and a felafel sandwich for lunch, served with fresh pita & tehina. Felafel balls were lightly fried, not too oily but still lots of flavor. Been here a few times in the past months. The owner of the restaurant is usually welcome clients as they come in and answer any questions. The waiters are friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Israeli CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Kababs, shwarma, shnitzel, pita sandwiches, kibbeh, musaka, stews, falafel, hummus, baba, Turkish salad, Israeli salads, baklava, and more, JG&B is a delight. Lovers of Middle Eastern food, don't miss this one! The food is delicious, the service is friendly, this kosher restaurant is a great resource.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special place whereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013A very special place where I enjoy the food and run into a lot of people I know. I especially enjoy the "special menu" nights (sushi, Mexican, etc.) as well.Special Features:
- Very nice Kosher restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Comfort food. Big portions. Reasonable prices. Friendly service. Kosher.Special Features:
- They took our reservation,markgVIPDined on 3/28/2013They took our reservation, but when we arrived they were not open.
- I had the mixed meat platterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013I had the mixed meat platter (Jerusalem mix) with Israeli salad and baba ghanoush; my wife had chicken kabobs. Everything was hot, fresh, and nicely presented at the table. The high point for both of us was the falafel, hummus, and tahina. The falafel was absolutely the best I've had in the Bay Area so far, comparing equally to the falafel I had in Israel. JG&B's Israeli salad needed more mint and/or parsley, but other than that the food was first rate. I'd readily eat here again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Jerusalem Grill and Bar isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Jerusalem Grill and Bar is a wonderful Kosher restaurant in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- They had a special V-Day menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2013They had a special V-Day menu, but we chose off the regular menu due to preference. We always end up with more food than we can eat in one sitting and end up with lunch or supper for the next day. Always tasty Middle-East selections. Only thing I wish they would do would be to have a fresh veggie available-all are well cooked & follows the old kosher standard. Lots of options, delicious tahini & pita. Great for those who need kosher meals, tasty for those who don't. Dale is always a great server & works hard to make the meal special.Special Features:
- Excellent Kosher restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013Excellent Kosher restaurant. Very nice place. Food is great!Special Features: