505 Chestnut Street
Winnetka, IL 60093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornercooks.com/
- Phone: 8474410134
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, DInner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is offered through Corner Cooks as well as private parties in the Corner Cooks space. Full service catering is offered with a variety of approaches including cocktail party menus, casual buffet to elegant seated dinners. The owner is always open to creating one of a kind menus.
- Private Party Facilities: The rooms at Corner Cooks include an intimate 28 seat space overlooking the courtyard with a lovely granite fireplace.Perfect for intimate dinners. The open kitchen offers interactive classes and cooking parties.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy 8474410134
A word from Jerry's
Connected through French doors to its 12 year old catering and private party event space Corner Cooks, Jerry"s offers American cuisine with an eclectic twist. Bridget Burns turns out thoughtful,inventive and fresh dishes with specials introduced every Thursday. Fresh fish is the rule and always offered.Surprises abound. From chicken curry with French influence to the house favorite-seabass in a sweet chili broth to killer fried chicken.Lunch is all about salads (beet salads a must)and the daily trio. The granite tables were built by the owner's husband, a school teacher and craftsman and are particularly beautiful by candlelight. When Corner Cooks is not hosting a party, request seating in the fireplace room which is painted a delicious blue green color with windows overlooking Chestnut Court. A neighborhood favorite, and part of the community, Jerry's is run with care and commitment which shows from kitchen to table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jerry's - Best Restaurants in Winnetka ›
Jerry's reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (25)romantic (13)good for groups (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant. Excellent Food.MartinDined on 8/23/2014Truly an enjoyable experience. Food was outstanding. Setting was unique. I remember as a child Sunday dinner at Indian Trail exact same location. We will be repeat diners. Four people four different selections all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Everything we ordered was great except for the blueberry cobbler dessert. The blueberry cobbler was way TOO SWEET!!!Special Features:
- Winnetka's Best "Go To" RestaurantJPCDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Was great, fell to OK when Ed left, back to very good with new head chef and trending up. Great addition to North Shore dining.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodDBA2000Dined on 8/16/2014I had the most amazing meal at Jerry's. Best dinner out I have had all year. The Branzino (sp)? was unbelievable. I would order it again in a heartbeat. Our waitress was new though and clearly did not have much of a clue. She told me that the Branzino was served with the bones. I asked her to check because I didn't think it would be. She checked, and sure enough the fish was filleted and was not served with the bones. Also told me the Cobbler dessert for the day was cherry. The cobbler I received was dark blue in color. Blueberry. Not cherry. She was pretty clueless.Special Features:
- TwodogmomTwodogmomDined on 8/12/2014We have enjoyed dinner here a few times and find the food consistently good, the ambience pleasant, not too noisy and good wines! A great find not far from home. Very pleasant wait staff.Special Features:
- Always a winnerJudyhDined on 8/6/2014We had relatives in from Michigan staying with us. As lunchtime rolled around, Jerry's popped into mind. A delightful and delicious luncheon for our grateful relatives. We all loved our entrees! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many good choicesRosieDined on 8/4/2014At least, for lunch, my friend and I wanted to try everything on the menu since it all sounded so good. She had the Curried Chicken Salad, a pretty presentation, mild tasting and good. I had the Branzino with warm chopped salad. The salad of kale, cauliflower and asparagus in a buttery tasting vinaigrette was delicious but the fish, though good, was too salty. The bread sticks were stale so we just left them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enuffstevenrphVIPDined on 8/3/2014It was a Sunday after the rain and we got their at 5pm when it opened. We where told they didn't have the pork tacos and one fish dish, oh, well. I thought the salads where small for $10 and the entrees where also small for R the price. The food was good but not a reason to return soonSpecial Features:
- Good, poor serviceDrjayVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our 3rd time there. Two bad service experiences. The waiter was nice, but the kitchen continues to be interminably sloooow in spite of not being crowded. No explanation by the server. My last visit.
- A gembariVIPDined on 7/26/2014Best Branzino I ever ate! Vary friendly waiter. Brussel sprout salad was good but could use a little more seasoning. Salmon sushi appetizer very good. A gem in the suburbs.Special Features:
- A Local FinddeesDined on 7/24/2014First time at this charming, quaint bistro. In Winnetka, with little traffic and ample street or lot parking. Appealing menu, complete with Luncheon specials. Service was attentive. Trio salads were very flavorful and the lentil soup was hearty and filling.Special Features:
- Food great Service NotfromglencoeDined on 7/19/2014We loved the food but it took forever to place our order and to get it. It wasn't even that busy and they seemed to have lots of help so I don't know why each step took so long. We waited for our drinks then waited again to order then our food took longer than others around us and we had to ask again. check took forever too.Special Features:
- Great for lunchSallyDined on 7/16/2014Food was fantastic...had the Tequila Shrimp with corn and asparagus....delicious. Server was great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014First time at Jerry's and I was pleased. Had the BBQ chicken flatbread to start, which was very good. I had the sea bass entrée and I thought it was excellent. My wife had the chicken curry entrée and although the chicken was well cooked and of high quality, she throught it was a little bland. Overall, a good spot on the Northshore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayevanstonjoDined on 7/1/2014Nothing bad about this restaurant but nothing particularly good either. It isn't good enough to go back to. The eggplant arrabiata was blah; the eggplant cooked to mush. The phyllo pizza needed a few more phyllo layers.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/25/2014We were impressed with the flavors of the meals presented. The Grouper was outstanding -- few do fish this well.Special Features:
- Great, eclectic vibeTravelmarcDined on 6/14/2014Could feel like you're in an old school, English living room - very cool vibe and ambiance. The food was very good even though they ran out of a couple of things on the menu. It was a bit pricy, but overall a very good place to go in the Northshore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014My friend and I had a delicious dinner at Jerry's. I had the sea bass. It had an interesting ginger sauce that was light and flavorful. She had the fried chicken and said it was the best fried chicken she's had in a very long time and the sides were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtnsr159VIPDined on 6/6/2014Not what it used to be. Jerry's has definitely changed. Phyllo pizza was excellent.
- Jerry's in WinnetkagalpalsruleDined on 6/4/2014A surprising find with excellent food. We got there by 5:30 and by the time we left the place was packed! Looked like a lot of families and fronds from the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and lovely place to dineLisaVIPDined on 5/27/2014Jerry's is a charming restaurant in a charming locale. My appetizer of spring rolls was delicious & my husband's beet salad was scrumptious. My friend & I had the bronzino & it was less than great. It was unappealingly presented (tail & and skin) & was bland & slightly dry. Desserts were outstanding: the chocolate popcorn & praline was absolutely out of this world!!! My peach cobbler was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Never had advertised specialbbjoVIPDined on 5/21/2014They were out of one of the dinner specials at 5:45 pm. They obviously never had it that evening. They should have changed their special menu to reflect that because we all wanted to order what was not available. This was not very good planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 5/20/2014Great local night out, food was good wine was better. Would go back!Special Features:
- Fun Place to eatBigLewDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time and it has been our second time eating there in about 5 months. Service was fine, food was great. Thank you and hope to see you soon.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemNeighborhooddinersDined on 5/16/2014We like to find restaurants within about 5 miles of where we live. Jerry's will certainly be on our list now. Decor was fresh and cherry in the outer room full of light. More intimate quiet room was also lovely. Food was good and portions were just right.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DelightGalGalVIPDined on 5/11/2014What a great place to enjoy Mother's Day! Delicious food, absolutely outstanding service, happy atmosphere. Will keep Jerry's on my list of favorites for dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Mother's Day BrunchMinchireVIPDined on 5/11/2014My 85-year-old mother, who is typically difficult to please, proclaimed Jerry's as her favorite brunch ever. Great variety, just the right amount of options, and each dish was as tasty as the next. Beet salad, curry chicken salad, delectable shrimp, farro salad, smoked salmon--and those were just the starters. Yum! A home run!Special Features:
- Not a fun nightClaireroseVIPDined on 5/10/2014I had only been to Jerry's once before and remember a nice evening, but on saturday, it was memorable in a bad way. I will not be going back ever. The service is a total joke. The restaurant was busy, but now full and we waiting close to two hours for our meals. Worst of all when we complained, they made excuses that it was rush hour. What happened to reliable service?
- Good food, not so good servicechezllamaVIPDined on 5/10/2014As usual, the food at Jerrys was good (although my steak, that I ordered cooked medium arrived very rare and was still rare even after sending if back - so I couldn't eat any of it). Everyone else enjoyed their food and meal. Our service was fair to poor. The restaurant was super busy, but still I don't think that should be an excuse. We waited over 15 minutes to get a glass of wine. Our server never came back to the table to see if we wanted more drinks or to see how our food was. We ordered 4 salads and only 3 were delivered to the table. After telling our waiter we were missing a salad he said they would bring another one. They did - 20 minutes later. So all in all - an okay evening - not the best.Special Features:
- Unremarkable and overpricedSarahDined on 5/9/2014A shame because it's local and on a great corner but the food is nothing special and it's priced as if it should be. Strange layout inside and many tables have a view of the busing station. Odd experience all around.
- A convenient gem.PerioDined on 5/9/2014Have been to Jerry's several times both indoors & out. Each experience was exactly what we were hoping for. Great food; exceptional service and cozy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 382 reviews are from the Jerry's reviews archive.
- ExpensiveFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food is very good but not quite as excellent as it used to be and the prices are high as always. The service is excellent, food cooked perfectly however somewhat average/bland taste, specials boring,wine selection average. We will be back but for the price, not as often.
- Cozy diningJillVIPDined on 4/29/2014We enjoyed an amazing meal at this cozy and relaxing spot. The service, food and ambience were all top notch. We are definitely looking forward to returning for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014Used a Groupon and I was very happy with the purchase. The food was great. The service was attentive,but not pushy. The decor and atmosphere were excellent. We didn't opt to eat outdoors but that is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Easter BrunchSLGLDined on 4/20/2014Welcomed as if in a private club, and felt as though we were throughout the meal. Atmosphere friendly but respectful. Lovely surroundings. Service perfectly professional, smooth and pleasant. Food exceptional - each item uniquely savory and chosen carefully. No "filler" items on this buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban diamond in the roughShayDined on 4/18/2014We found Jerry's on Open Table. What a pleasant surprise. I had the fish, Brankino, I believe, and my husband - the fried chicken. Both entrees were delicious. I would definitely recommend Jerry's to a friend if they are looking for a restaurant with an interesting menu, good wines and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful presentationLOVEFOODVIPDined on 4/2/2014Great food, beautiful presentation in a upscale setting. . Located in a quaintt own with scenic outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014Food is creative and very good. Good appetizers, salads and entrees. Like itSpecial Features:
- Outstanding foodNBdinerDined on 3/24/2014The restaurant is really two separate areas, with the kitchen between them, but both of them very cute. It almost feels like you're at someone's house. I had the salmon which was very tasty. My husband did not really like the pork tacos he ordered. He said they were hard to eat - probably because you couldn't roll them up as they are served on flat tostadoes. They bring out crusty bread and some spreads which were good too. The wine list is brief, but you're really there for the food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Wine, Great SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I have hosted parties for 50, an intimate 80th birthday party for 20, dinner for 4 couple or 10 girlfriends- it all works. The food is edgy enough but with enough standards to please a range of tastes and the restaurant has several alcoves and levels so they can create a quiet or private group dinner. Sophisticated enough for fussy city diners yet helpful enough for my parents- Jerry's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.