129 W Laurel St
Philadelphia, PA 19123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jerrysbarphilly.com/
- Phone: 2672731632
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday & Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marshall Green
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Jerry's Bar
Jerry's menu is anchored by thoughtfully re-imagined bistro classics lovingly prepared by hand. Our bar is impeccably stocked - European craft beer, boutique wines, a formidable whiskey selection and exquisite spirits. We offer cocktails as classic as they are inventive. Like the food and drink, Jerry's itself was rebuilt, brick by brick, by craftsmen with a profound respect for heritage. It incorporates a rich collection of architectural treasures, culled from historic buildings around Philadelphia. The result - old school elegance and refinement, where every brick, column, cobble stone, marble slab, door and fixture has a story to tell. Jerry's Bar is new in an old way, to be savored and sipped slowly, rooted in simple pleasures that are as fresh as they are timeless.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jerry's Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (11)romantic (10)late-night find (10)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Jerry's BarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Tried it because it gets good reviews. Cool spot in an interesting part of town but food not where I expected. Signature burger was small and unremarkable. The meatballs were ok - the pictures were better. Service was slow which was odd because it was an uncrowded weeknight.
- Always GreatRichardVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great food - Great beer selection - Great Service (Jen is a helpful and smart server) ....... Just a fun / enjoyable place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Noise Drowned Out Jazzsoccermomof2Dined on 10/19/2014Went for brunch with my husband--we desperately needed a little time in the city. The food was delicious. I had the short rib and kale omelet. Yum. The kitchen accommodated our request for the donuts without cinnamon (allergy!) . Much appreciated. My husband liked his bloody Jerry. The only downside was the noise. We had one party of 8 women near us, another of 4 next to us and we were tucked in the corner. We could barely hear the wonderful music. We could have asked for a high top near the jazz but wanted a real table and chairs. Perhaps rearrange area or ask preference when making the reservation?Special Features:
- greatluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014the best brunch ever!!!!!!!!!great staff friendly staffSpecial Features:
- great place, bad for conversationsTGrrrrrVIPDined on 10/17/2014food was very good and our waitress was outstanding BUT the place is very noisy and the music was way too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz Music & Food for BrunchMichaelGDined on 10/5/2014Absolutely great atmosphere. Waiter was very attentive & knowledgeable about the food & drinks. They had a live jazz duo there on Sunday for brunch which was killer. Overall, great place to stop by in Northern Liberties or make the trip to from out of town... Oh ya, I almost forgot, the food was SPECTACULAR. Try the "Jerry Benedict" - It will blow your mind. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- TomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Brunch on Sunday was great. The food and service was very good. My only complaint was that we were seated in a corner right against the wall.Special Features:
- Fabulous!lovehatestoryVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband took me here for dinner Monday night and I can't wait to return. There are zero tv's, which seems to be a rarity these days. Very high marks for that alone. However, I could go on and on. It is certainly quaint, chic, romantic & the food was excellent. I had escargots & filet mignon. I love everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness in NoLibs!FoodongreenDined on 8/31/2014Went to Jerry's for the first time. Food was great! Gnocchi, Mussels and Beet salad were all top notch! Only issue - it was very dark inside. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- DisappointingphillyfoodieDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had been looking forward to checking out Jerry's having heard good reviews recently including a "best brunch" award. Unfortunately, our experience was less positive. My "eggs benny" tasted fine and my wife's omelet was average. The rest of both dishes were weak as my home fries and my wife's hash browns were inedible because they were burned and sat too long on the grill. The three small pieces of fruit served on the plates were not fresh and would have been better left in the kitchen. Our server forgot our side salad and side sausage. Also, I had to remind server there was no need to request a toast order for me as eggs benny is served on a muffin. The bar ambiance is excellent and the jazz music perfect for a brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchcuffthisVIPDined on 8/17/2014My GF and I were referred to Jerry's Bar by a recent mention on the 6abc show FYI. We made last minute reservations for an early Sunday morning brunch. The food was delicious, the portions were very ample and the pricing was good. Our server was fantastic, friendly and well versed with the menu options and details. The ambiance is festive and fun. This was our first visit and we look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoLibs FavN2PairDined on 8/15/2014We are repeaters who need walk only two blocks to Jerry's. Like it very much. Stand-bys on menu are really good, so understand why they remain in place. A few new items would be good nonetheless beyond the special for the evening. Very much appreciate being able to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Good food, too noisyshoelady70VIPDined on 8/15/2014Eating here with friends, even in the early evening, was difficult because of the noise level from the tin ceiling and busy bar. We wanted to sit outside but it was full at 6:30, and reservations are not taken for the outdoor area. We enjoyed the food, though the crab cake was a bit too spicy for my tastes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great, atmosphere was great, our table was close to another couple but it wasn't a big deal. It a small place and we expected that. Our server was just ok and was the weak part of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visitkdkatDined on 8/7/2014It was my first visit to Jerry's, and certainly not my last. Our party of four ordered appetizers, entrees, and desserts; everything was delicious, and the steak was melt in your mouth good. Service all around was excellent. I'd like to return for Sunday jazz brunch, because I hear it is worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Girls Night Out !RichardVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife says - "Just a fun place with good food" - I'm happy when she's happy ....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestJasnsamDined on 8/5/2014The bar it self was beautiful. The waitress explained the owner is a contractor and everything in the bar is repurposed material from jobs the owner has been on. The bar had a good mix of beers and wines. The food was edible but not worth the $135 bill. We were there because of Philadelphia Resturaunt Night and ordered from the prefixed menu. The steak was chewy and overcooked. The mussels were overcooked and the mustard in the broth threw off the whole dish. The "strawberry trifle" for dessert was mainly whipped cream with crumbs of shortbread cookies. Very disappointing! The other dishes were ok but nothing to rave over. Overall we were very disappointed because we wanted to love it!Special Features:
- Great spot for dinnerEricaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great cocktails, service, and menu items here. Perfect for a date or with a group. Love the decor and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeEliharpDined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and creative approach. Brunch was OK, food not super but adequate. When it came time to serve our food was delivered all over the place. However, I do like their menus and will keep going back.Special Features:
- live jazz and locationrenenonameDined on 7/20/2014The bar feels like it is tucked a way in some quaint, old town. Live jazz at brunch was blissful but the food was subpar. The eggs tasted of nothing but a mouth full of pepper and the stuffed French toast was extremely dry with little stuffing. I would go back for a drink, maybe I will try dinner. As few the place was not very busy, probably because its just not a fabulous brunch spot. The atmosphere was wonderful but the food was not worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDiner1Dined on 7/19/2014I was very please with Jerry's. The venue was extremely well appointed, the service was exceptional (Jillian G was our server) and teh food was very good. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchHighStandardsFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Good brunch but nothing overly special. We were in a weird mood and there was hardly anyone there when we arrived at opening on a Saturday, and she said she would bring out our soups first and then the entree we were splitting, but brought it all out at once so by the time we dug into that burger (which is really one of the best burgers in the city) it was cold, and not so amazing. The food is really good and we will be back for dinner, but weren't overly impressed with brunch. And the brunch options seemed to be really egg-heavy like fritattas, or super sweet pancake concoctions, neither of which I'm greatly into, but that's just me! I know those are a lot of people's idea of brunch.Special Features:
- Delicious / Great ambiancecaguanadelmarDined on 7/6/2014Went here for Sunday brunch with friends from out of town. They have live Jazz during brunch which adds to the wonderful vibe of the space. Service was impeccable (our server was Jake). Their menu is very broad and will meet all sorts of dietary restrictions and/or tastes. Everything we ordered was delicious: omelett, frittata, cinnamon roll, coffee, falafel sandwich & gravlax over potato latkes. Will definitely go back...Special Features:
- Our Go-To!!NoLibsDinerDined on 7/6/2014Jerry's is one of the best bars in NoLibs. Situated just off 2nd street and far enough from the Piazza it makes for a fun night without having to travel to other areas of the city. The bar offers signature cocktails but I always find their traditional drinks the best, but I am also a traditionalist. The beer menu and draft list rotates pretty regularly with a wide selection of premium, local and craft brews. In the ten times I have been there I have never tried their wines, I guess another reason to go back!! :). As my "brunch place" Jerry's offers the best Bloody Mary's but take a risk and order the "Bloody Jerry" you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Jerry's Bar reviews archive.
- foodhappyVIPDined on 6/14/2014When I made the reservation I would have liked to know there was a private party in the gardenI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This was my first visit and I was not disappointed. Outdoor space pleasant; good Bloody Mary; friendly competent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.