Jer-ne Restaurant + Bar at The Ritz-Carlton
4375 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Jer-ne Restaurant + Bar at The Ritz-Carlton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/MarinadelRey/Dining/Jer-NeRestaurantBar/Default.htm
- Phone: 3108231700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast : Monday-Saturday 6:30 am - 11:00 am
Sunday breakfast : 6:30 am - 10:30 am
Sunday Brunch : 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Lunch : 11:30 - 2:00 pm
Dinner : 6:00 pm - 10 :00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Umit Kaygusuz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Savor your meal in secluded luxury in the private dining room at Jer-Ne Restaurant + Bar
- Private Party Contact: Monica Depaz-Jones 3105374273x
- Special Events: Please contact 310-823-1700 Ex.4273
to speak to Monica Depaz
A word from Jer-ne Restaurant + Bar at The Ritz-Carlton
Jer-ne (a play on the phonetic spelling of "journey") represents an adventure in both restaurant design and cuisine. Jer-ne's menu reflects artfully prepared California regional cuisine created with fresh local ingredients at the peak of season. The waterfront ambiance is open and airy with rich wood floors, white walls complemented with a touch of red, an expansive teak deck and unique gold ceilings with glass fixtures. A 14-foot Mexican onyx communal table designed by Guenter Sprang presents a dynamic centerpiece.Continued
This stylish waterfront restaurant is perfect for parties, receptions, gala events and exhibits.
This stylish waterfront restaurant is perfect for parties, receptions, gala events and exhibits.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jer-ne Restaurant + Bar at The Ritz-Carlton reviews from OpenTable diners
- disappointeddanceDined on 2/2/2014I love the Ritz Carlton but this experience was disappointing ..its being renovated so to walk into a wall in the lobby vs the beautiful view should have been the sign.... I don't paying a high price for a brunch but anything added cost more. $225 bill for 3 people I wanted the best .. and it just wasn't the buffet was very mediocre.... going to the restroom you had to go outside down the steps to the spa because of the renovation......... NO more Sunday brunch there.
- m.HoodMHoodVIPDined on 1/19/2014Great bar, great food, great service and good time...Special Features:
- better than expected!frekwentdinerVIPDined on 1/1/2014After reading other reviews, we were skeptical. We are a family of six with well behaved older children. But we are picky! The restaurant is in a temporary situation, and let me say, the staff could not be friendlier. Each person (breakfast and dinner) was sincere and on top of service. My filet was fantastic. My kids got the chicken with polenta and they loved everything on their plates. The polenta was unique. Best by far was dessert. Classic, not too big, not weird, just perfect in our opinion. We all slept happily that night. I could say more but don't have time. Thank you Jer-Ne!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2013Food was not excellent. Service was not "slavish"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgettableJohnVIPDined on 10/13/2013Food was good - although a bit over priced. The menu was sparse. The portions were on the small side. The service would be the only reason to return.
- Good food, big priceDevinVIPDined on 9/21/2013Ive lived behind the ritz for over 3 years now, and I was avoiding going here simply because of the price. I finaly did it! The first thing you will notice is the view. Its great, and the vibrant orange umbrellas make it a pretty cool brunch hangout. The food is pretty, not great, but some of the best you will find on a sunday brunch menu. We had the lamb sliders, food, their lobster cobb salad, HUGE, and their ceasar prawn salad, which had pretty good prawns. What really threw us over was the price of the mimosas. We ended up spending over 100$ in mimosas alone for only 2 people. Eeep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortuantely I did not feelSusanVIPDined on 9/17/2013Unfortuantely I did not feel the food matched the Michelin recommendation that is noted. It was good, but not the wow factor I was expecting which made this feel over-priced. The setting and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful way to celebrate birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2013Staff was extremely attentive and made a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedStradellaDined on 8/23/2013This restaurant does not have something for 5 star hotel restaurant. Quality of Food including breads provided, Drink (English tea), Condiments (Honey) are less than the quality required for 5 stars. I would not go there again and not recommend to anyone.
- Lunch with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2013This is a lovely location for lunch since it overlooks the marina in Marina Del Rey. The food is good but not great and the lunch selection is limited but the service is always good, the wait staff friendly and of course you can't beat the view. I had the pasta which was very good and nicely presented but very rich, My friend had the beat salad which was beautifully presented and also very good. The prices and the quality of the food are good. I love eating outdoors but detest smelling exhaust fumes while I'm eating. The outdoor seating here is perfect with no such fumes and nice umbrellas to shield you from the elements. I've come here often because of that and will continue in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was aweful. I couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013The food was aweful. I couldn't make myself eat it and I was starving. Also, I expect to pay a lot for a good meal but my 2 little girls wanted buttered noodles and they were charged 25 dollars a plate for spaghetti noodles with butter. //
- too busy to wait on customersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2013they were busy preparing for the 4th of July so no one was around to help. there were only two couples in the place and it was near impossible to get help.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Hostess was rude, overpriced for what it was, limited food items, resented the imposed 20% gratuity for 2 people when the experience was so poor, $162 for 2 seemed over the top for a mediocre brunch Would never go backSpecial Features:
- Good food and service, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Good food and service, however very limited menu choices for such a "classy" restaurant. Wine list OK, service just right. Unfortunately too chilly to eat on terrace as hoped for our 35th anniversary - inside resturant' s proximity to noisy bar with 60+ conference delegates and a large sports TV completely spoied the ambience. I do not expect to pay $100+ a head to eat in the bar! An opaque rather than clear glass dividing screen would help.
- How can a Ritz not have anyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2013How can a Ritz not have any fresh squeezed juice? Very little healthy options on their breakfast menu.
- This brunch was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/31/2013This brunch was extremely over priced at $98.00 per person. The price was not advertised anywhere online on their website. The menu did not include pricing. I mistakenly did not call ahead to check on the price. I was stunned when the bill came. It certainly was not worth this price point by any means. The food quality was just average and didn't command this pricing. I feel the restaurant totally took advantage of people by charging such a high price.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. SatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Loved this restaurant. Sat outside on the patio with beautiful view of the marina. Food quality good. Had the Cobb salad, and a request for item substitution in the salad was graciously accomodated. Would be nice to expand the lunch menu a little. Service staff friendly and efficient. My second time there and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious dining with attentiverBillVIPDined on 3/13/2013Delicious dining with attentiver service at this harborside venue.Special Features:
- Magnificent food that I absolutelyAKrupaVIPDined on 2/27/2013Magnificent food that I absolutely enjoyed. The ambiance was as expected for a Ritz Carlton property - clean, crisp and with excellent service. The patio scene was quiet while the bar area was certainly vibrant. After a long day it was a pleasure to enjoy a delicious dinner and a glass of champagne.Special Features:
- It this the Ritz or the Pitts?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013The steak was burnt and not presentable by no means and the Salmon was under cooked. I have been to several excellent restaurants over the past few months and none of their head chefs would let plates like these leave the kitchen. In fact, I have a strong reason to believe that the chef never looked at these plates to begin with. This is probably the reason why when we asked for the chef he did not come out. The manager came out profusely apologizing for the long wait time and the condition of the food. She told us that the chef was embarrassed, rightfully so, and asked if she would come and speak with us. As a service recovery attempt, the manager offered to have the food reordered as quickly as possible. We said no and went home.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2013This was our first visit to Ritz Carlton since our wedding 14 years ago. What a delightful surprise. We thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and the service.Special Features:
- We went for an afternoon lunchMichelleDined on 1/24/2013We went for an afternoon lunch with some friends, and stayed thru early evening happy hour.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013We went for brunch and all I have to say is that it was great.Special Features:
- Tasty dining with friendlyBillVIPDined on 1/10/2013Tasty dining with friendly and attentive service at this harborside venue.Special Features:
- Jer-ne at The Ritz CarltonRoseDined on 12/8/2012Jer-ne at The Ritz Carlton is showing wear and tear and it could be association with Marriott. The restaurant furnishings were cheap and all the furniture, table seating, etc. is showing serious wear and tear. The fabric on the seats was quite worn and threadbare. The holiday decorations were marginal. The view is nice; the food was okay but not memorable. It might be nicer at night when the lights are low and you can't see well but during the day--not good.
- i would recommend this restaurantxxxxVIPDined on 12/2/2012i would recommend this restaurant if you're staying in the hotel and you don't have a car. The food is fine albeit very expensive. i go to a lot of expensive restaurants in BH and WeHo and don't have a problem paying for great food, the food here is just ok. Our bill was $100. That was for one salad and 2 pasta entrees. No drinks, no dessert. I had a certificate so we didnt have to pay but it was expensive for food that was like hotel banquet food. It is right on the Marina so you will have really great views.Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2012From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated spectacularly. We were greeted in the lobby by a concierge, who offered assistance with anything we needed. She then accompanied us to the restaurant where we were swiftly taken to our reserved table and had a wonderful leisurely meal overlooking the marina. Our comfort and needs/requests were handled politelyl and pleasantly. All of the staff did a great job !!!Special Features:
- For a Sunday brunch, theyGreatfoodDined on 10/28/2012For a Sunday brunch, they have the best quality of food rather than quantity. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great views; fair foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2012The restaurant is in a beautiful Ritz Hotel with beautiful views of the harbor of marina Del Rey. The servers and hostess are excellent. The food is only fair. Lamb chops were pretty good but not great my wife's chicken breast was in edible and she left 2/3 of her main course. My scallo appetizer was not good. We had previous lunches there also with mixed reviews of our foods. Also it was a beautiful Saturday evening and there were not many people there so it is not supported very well by the locals
- Special occasion diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2012Awesome experience. Excellent food, great view, wonderful service. I would recommend in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- It was just an amazing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2012It was just an amazing experience. Brunch starts at 11:45 which o didn't know and accidentally made breakfast reservations. The staff was more than accomodating. Brunch selection was good and service was quite excellent.Special Features:
- Food worth the $ but BYOB.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2012We are locals and came in due to a gift card we had. We did not have high expectations being a high-end hotel restaurant in a very touristy area. We were happily surprised with the food - very high quality ingredients, creative menu, and perfect execution. Even the halibut was very moist on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside. We ordered what we thought would be an overpriced crab appetizer and was instead impressed with huge portion size - at least 3-4 ounces of jumbo lump, maybe more. In the end, I think the prices are fair for what you get. However, as great as the food was, the wine list was horrific. The markup was obscene. Do yourself a favor and pay the $25 corkage, you will not regret.Special Features:
- Inconsistent exp. at Jer-neJillyVIPDined on 9/14/2012Unfortunately this visit to Jer-ne was not good. We had horrific service,the server had too many tables inside and out. The food was overpriced, super salty and just not up to par with our other visits. It was very disappointing since it was an extremely special occasion and I planned it well in advance.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asshoregirlVIPDined on 9/13/2012The food was excellent as well as the service; we enjoyed everything!!Special Features:
- The Sunday brunch had someOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2012The Sunday brunch had some stations and the main entree was prepared and brought to your table. The food was excellent. It was not your typical huge buffet, but the selections were extremely nice. We had caviar, shrimp, crab, lobster, unlimited champagne. It was not an inexpensive brunch, but actually was a great deal for the quality you get. The service was wonderful, attentive but never rushed. The only parking I could see was valet. After the meal, we had coffee by the fireplace. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon that I would do again.Special Features:
- Jer-ne Restaurant and barMissprissypoohDined on 9/3/2012Jer-ne Restaurant and bar staff is just marvelous! Everyone, from the hotess, servers to managers made my dining experience fantastic. The halibut was absolutely my favorite dish. The view to the marina was certainly an extra touch to the excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Love having business dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2012Love having business dinners and drinks here on the patio. Elegant retreat and they have gluten free bread which I love because they have gone to the trouble to accommodate people like me with wheat allergies.Special Features:
- I enjoyed Jer-ne. The outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/7/2012I enjoyed Jer-ne. The outdoor seating next to the marina is something to be enjoyed. The food, while pricey, is very good. The only negative is the fact that it's kid friendly. As I was finishing up my dinner, a group of 4 children and 2 women sat down at the table next to me. All thoughts of savoring my wine while I enjoyed the view were destroyed by requests for mac-n-cheese and hamburgers. Why does the hotel cater to children in a restaurant that averages $50+ a person? The hotel has a cafe-type restaurant that would seem much more appropriate for families with small children. I have a big family and love kids, but not when I'm spending over $100 for dinner when dining alone. I should have referred them to In-and-out burger.Special Features:
- Delicious dining at an attractiveBillVIPDined on 7/21/2012Delicious dining at an attractive harborside venue with attentive and friendly service.Special Features:
- Delicious andscenic diningBillVIPDined on 7/5/2012Delicious andscenic dining at this harborside venue with attentive and welcoming service.Special Features: