Jensen's Food & Cocktails
3840 Sibley Memorial Highway
Eagan, MN 55122Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jensen's Food & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jensenssupperclub.com/
- Phone: 6516887969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Paul Richards
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for 20-100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Murnane 6516887969
- Entertainment: Three-piece easy listening groups play Friday nights from 6:30pm-9:00pm.
A word from Jensen's Food & Cocktails
Jensen's Food & Cocktails serves high quality steaks, seafood, & martinis. In the style of the old supper clubs of the 40's & 50's, Jensen's is not just a place to dine, but to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jensen's Food & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Jensen's Food & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (258)neighborhood gem (153)romantic (145)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (71)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- GreatKariFDined on 8/30/2014Really enjoy the facelift! Food was great Like the menus changes too!Special Features:
- Supper Club Elegance - Still a GemBradDined on 8/30/2014Returned again for a supper club style dinner and Jensen's was as good as ever. They have upgraded things a bit and all the changes seem to be good. The standards are there, great food, wonderful cocktails and an excellent wine list. Enjoyed seafood and steak and they were done perfectly. The staff was friendly and attentive, so refreshing and relaxing.Special Features:
- Another very good meal at Jensen'sTommyDined on 8/30/2014First time to Jensen's since their remodel and new menu. I actually kind of missed the old homey feel. The new menu now has many menu items that include a potato so no need to order a side of potatoes. Their house salad served in a large bowl for the table is now gone. You can still get that same salad as a side if you ask for it--its not on the menu. My ribeye steak was very good, but not perfect as usual. My wife's striped bass served on risoto was also very good. The wait staff seemed to be considerably younger and more male since our last visit in the spring. Our waiter was good, but again not as good as some of our waitresses in the past. All in all, it was a good night out as always at Jensen'sSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everyone and everything was overwhelmed. The food was only marginal. I would not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The service was really terrific. The waitress did a great job. She checked on us often and made sure that all was ok. The food was very delicious and done to perfection. Wonderful place to come and eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Great! It was my guests first time and she was truly impressed! The food was delicious and the service excellent!Special Features:
- destinyDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely in every respect........awesome.....favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceStampingpaperdollDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Jensens for about 18 years-since they opened. We love the food and the service. Our waitress, Angie, was exceptional. They have remodeled and I am sorry to see they no longer serve fried shrimp. As someone who is not a fan of red meat, I miss that option. I would hope they would reconsider their decision. When I go out to eat, I am not conscious of eating fried foods and I think that may be a mistake on Jensens part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEnjoydiningoutDined on 8/25/2014As good as always. The cocktails are fairly priced and fantastic. The food is superb and the staff I'd always friendlySpecial Features:
- the new Jensen'sSandiDined on 8/24/2014It looks basically the same as before, only lighter. All the employees are new. The menu is updated, and the food even tastes updated, fresh, deliciousSpecial Features:
- Even better!Cashking23Dined on 8/24/2014The expanded parking is great, our greeting into the restaurant was very welcoming, our service impeccable! The new salad offering is a fantastic change. The cake for our special occasion after our meal (my sons birthday) was a slice of heaven. And the food as always was all fantastic, steaks and prime rib cooked exactly as ordered with delicious flavor. Bravo Jensens!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We come to celebrate birthdays. Love the walleye and chocolate martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good timesBEJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Jensen's is always a good place to go for a hearty lunch or dinner with decent food, but especially well-done cocktails. The service is always good and one always feels welcomed at Jensen's. The interior refresh has eliminated the country kitsch, but the goal of sophistication missed the mark. The new wallpaper is dark, the new black-framed mirrors are bland and not bold enough, although the new carpeting is nice. As much as I love the big, cozy booths, they could have used an entire rebuilding and re-foaming. The springs and indentations are still a pain in the backside, literally. The tradition of the hot popovers is still maintained, but the old familiar relish tray has been eliminated, which is a sad thing to see go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're backSmoothVIPDined on 8/23/2014we found Jensen's through a Living Social offering. we enjoyed ourselves and returned without benefit of voucher. The food is excellent, the setting very pleasant and the service predictably good....all good reasons to visit again. the only downside is the increase in traffic on the roads due to the nearby outlet mall.Special Features:
- Too many changes to the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014We have been dining here for many many years and are big fans. But, I was disappointed that the menu has changed and the signature relish tray is now extra. I saw it on the menu for 10.00. ?! The house salad that used to come in a bowl for the table is now a small salad on a tiny plate. My fish serving was small. And I didn't realize it came with potatoes or I would have asked for a green veg instread. The menu seemed scaled back no longer offering combo entrees (ie surf and turf). I realize they are catering to the outlet mall crowd, but they just might lose their local following with all the changes:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014We are so happy the quality hasn't changed when the big outlet center moved in. We were worried Jensens would be swallowed up by shoppers and the quality would suffer, it has not!Special Features:
- Dealing poorly with a new neighborOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The new parking policy is crazy. If I'm having dinner at Jensen's and want to park in the lot for 45 minutes before my reservation, I think the heavy handed approach to keeping mall parkers out is not well thought.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is change better?RickVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been coming to Jensen's for years and were disappointed in the changes that have occurred. The relish tray is no longer on the table, the early bird specials are gone and most disappointing is that the combination plates are not available. Who did not like that variety? We will miss these things. Thank goodness the popovers are still served!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidschwatnodeDined on 8/20/2014Food took an hour too come but didn't matter as the waiter took great care of us and let us know the reason for delay and comp'd us appropriately . Food was excellant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Food is always good here. We have gone here for years and have always had a great meal and good service.Special Features:
- Relaxing dinnerYummyDined on 8/15/2014It is a great restaurant. I ❤️ the popovers and butter. The mandarin orange salad is very fresh tasting. The service was excellent. I am excited to try the new patio for outside dining🍴Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great food and service!mnman55Dined on 8/15/2014Fantastic service and our food was great! The waitress very friendly and and very attentive . My wife wants to go back soon and have the same steak and soup!Special Features:
- Miss the old Jensen's Supper ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014If you like Jensen's Supper Club, you will be disappointed by Jensen's Food & Cocktails. Prices have gone up and food quality has gone down. The favorite filet and lobster is gone. We were told we could add a lobster tail to the filet for an extra $24. Family sides and steak toppings are gone. They choose a scoop of mashed potatoes and 3 small asparagus stalks for you. Won't be going back.
- SherrygrettaDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went there for my birthday. My daughter told us how good the food was and that we should eat here. The food was very good, our waiter brought me a birthday cake it was beautiful. We had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014not real happy w/ new menu was rushed by wait personSpecial Features:
- August 12 DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014We arrived and our friends surprised my wife on her 50th, we had a table for 5 but then asked to add 3 more. They were accommodating but it took forever to get a table, they were not busy at all. We ended up in the banquet room just us 8, which was okay, but it was freezing in there and the service was very slow for not being busy. I will admit they apologized for the slow service. Hope with the outlet mall they have better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food, staffmremnDined on 8/11/2014This is a wonderful place for a romantic dinner! Our server was terrific, striking just the right balance of "out of sight but always available". The food was great ... you have to try the Walleye! Their on-line presence was very helpful, too. Reservations were very quick and easy to make on-line, and I consulted their menu and location map. I would highly recommend Jensen's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slowBigCheeseDined on 8/11/2014Service was very slow. We were never asked if we wanted another water or cocktail even though our glasses were empty. Took forever to even get our order taken. We were there at 5:30 on a Monday night, they were not busy at that time. Saw her standing talking a couple times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, just not for a quick lunchluv2dineDined on 8/11/2014Love Jensen's for dinner and was anxious to try it for lunch as I work nearby. However, was disappointed with the limited lunch menu. Price for a burger seemed high for lunch. One in our party missed being able to order fries with his burger. Our server and everyone else was wonderful, but took a bit too long for those of us who had to get back to the office. Food was great, service wonderful, just not what was expected for lunch. Will definitely be back for cocktails and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a consistant favorite!BudweisercsDined on 8/10/2014We have been to Jensen's about 10 times over 15 years, we always know what to expect, great service, great food, great Martini's, and all at a very reasonable price! We have never had a bad experience, or been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still feels like a supper club :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We were concerned that with the renovation, the supper club atmosphere would be lost. To our relief, Jensen's is still a very comfortable dining experience with excellent service, popovers and the food was delicious. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I went to Jensen's Supper Club for our Anniversary Dinner. It was Outstanding. We love this place. The Changes to the menu was great. We would recommend this to everyone. We had the Lobster Cake and they were wonderful. The Walleye dishes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new try outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Would give everything a very good. There is one thing though for certain people that should be avoided. The steak was good and the waiter said it is wet aged 21 days. My wife has certain allergy problems and found later that the wet aging process contains compounds which she cannot tolerate. If you have no such problems then it is fine. We had enjoyed our meal and would recommend for most. Quite popular place it seems. We are new to the area and this was our only experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and more!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014First time tasting their new lunch menu and there are many dishes I want to try - so that means returning many times!Special Features:
- Changes to Jensen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/4/2014We have been dining here 4-5 times a year for several years. Recently they had a renovation and changed their menu and facility slightly. In general the place is still quite outstanding with top notch food, but does not offer some of the previous things we really enjoyed. They no longer have the complimentary veggie plate, the popovers are about half as large as before, the mandarin salad is now a single plate rather than family style, there is no special early dining menu, prices are up a bit, and the service we had was a bit slower than we have been accustomed to here. Overall still a fine meal in a fine setting, but not quite as enjoyable as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFlipDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time and the food and service was wonderful. The only comment I would have is that the booth we sat in is directly below an AC vent and when the air was running it was very cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining, wonderful experiencedeetlesDined on 8/2/2014This is our absolute favorite restaurant. Service is always exceptional, food is wonderful. Always feel welcome and well taken care of. Highly recommended to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and improvedhungryDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our recent dinner at the new and improved Jensens. We didn't see many changes inside but the menu had some new items and they were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingHermanDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent, food and service, with the exception of the placement of the booth in which we sat. A/C vent was right above us and every time the unit kicked in we were blasted with COLD air. I think a diverter to pass the air further out into the small dining room where we sat would be a good idea. Then it wouldn't be forced down right on patrons below. Or for a more comfortable evening at our next visit we will be conscious as to where we are seated. It was the first visit for my friend who was very impressed. And I must add that the remodel was justified and looks awesome!Special Features:
- Great food.MikeDined on 8/2/2014We are several times a year diners at Jensen's. Their recent renovation is very nice and the food is excellent as always. Our last visit started by sitting in a booth next to an older couple who were having a rather loud political discussion. We asked to be moved and were accomodated immediately. The rest of the evening was quite pleasant with excellent food and service.Special Features: