Jensen's Food & Cocktails
3840 Sibley Memorial Highway
Eagan, MN 55122Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jensen's Food & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jensensfoodandcocktails.com/
- Phone: 6516887969x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner Sunday & Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00ampm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Bode
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Murnane 6516887969x
- Entertainment: N/A
A word from Jensen's Food & Cocktails
Jensen's Food & Cocktails serves high quality steaks, seafood, & martinis. In the style of the old supper clubs of the 40's & 50's, Jensen's is not just a place to dine, but to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jensen's Food & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Jensen's Food & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (235)neighborhood gem (156)romantic (134)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (62)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (31)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Been coming for years!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014We enjoy celebrating birthdays and anniversaries here, the food and service are always great. Jensen's has a very comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good fareRovingCriticVIPDined on 9/28/2014Now that the new outlet mall has opened practically next door to Jensen's and it's open for lunch, this is a nice place to take the family. Food is a bit pricey for what it is, but eating in the restaurant is like spending time with an old friend. Service could be punchier. Overall, food is pretty good - not outstanding, but still an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great for Special OccasionsDiningcritDined on 9/27/2014My husband love the atmosphere, food, and drinks at Jensen's Supper Club. It is a great place to celebrate special occasions like anniversaries and Valentine's Day. The staff is very observant, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Best service and food in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent changes may not be positiveSoothsayerDined on 9/27/2014This used to be one of our favorite places in the South Metro because it was unique. Things that we liked that are now gone/different: - pre-dinner relish tray (gone); - seafood add-on options to steak entrees (gone); - choice of potato sides (now they force garlic mashed - but you can add a full side of au gratins? So you'd have two potato sides?); - Salad options with dinner now very limited (3 dressings, no Caesar option). Loved it with the supper club feel AND menu. Now it seems they're trying to be like everyone else - appeal to the masses but lose the fanatics - perhaps smart with outlet mall open. I hope it works for them because I really like this place but now we're less than excited about coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Jensen's has been our go to spot for special occasions. This was our first opportunity to get back since the remodel. Physically we liked what you did refreshing the decor. However, although the food was still good I think the menu changes were not a substantial improvement -- perhaps even a step back. You seem to have lost what made Jensen's special. It is now just another above average restaurant Our server on this occasion was terrible - not what we had come to expect at Jensen's. Inattentive would have been an improvement. She was not rude.just didn't seem care about Jensen's or her job. Too bad But based on our overall history with Jensen's we will probably give Jensen's one more chance before looking for another special place.Special Features:
- RUSHEDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Soup and salad were presented at the same time and before either was half eaten the entree was served. I got the impression that Jensen's was eager to free our table for their next patrons!Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodluvtoeatDined on 9/26/2014Wanted a nice dinner on a Friday evening and Jensen's was the perfect choice. I had broiled shrimp with wild rice risotto and it was excellent. My friend had the basil chicken and claimed it was outstanding. The popovers were a little over done but who cares when the rest of the food was so good. Our server was very attentive but didn't hover so that's a big plus in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The evening was special as it was our 51st. wedding anniversary dinner. My wife and I, along with our friends, are frequent diner's at Jensen's. Last year we celebrated our 50th. anniversary at Jensen's, with twenty-five family members and guests. As always, the staff did an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemodelGauchoDined on 9/26/2014Really like what you've done! It's modern but you managed to maintain the old Jensen's charm! The food and service is still the best around!Special Features:
- We love Jensen's Food & CocktailsShellieDined on 9/26/2014Jensen's Food and Cocktails has been a favorite of ours for years. The food is wonderful, along with great ambiance and service. I would describe it as a classy supper club with amazing food and wine. We were celebrating our young son's birthday, and they brought out this huge piece of cake for the whole table to share. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JENSEN'S: WHAT HAPPENED?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014We've come to the Supper Club for years, but this is the 1st time back after the reno. SO disappointed. Parmesan Walleye was soggy & bland...no crispiness, more like poached with soggy breading. Salads just "okay". No balsamic on the menu, so I settled for a too sweet vinaigrette. My friend (here from Cleveland) had a combo with fish that wasn't sauteed as she requested but had some kind of breading. Her petite filet was well done instead of med rare, and had a bacon wrap (probably to add fat, since it was tough). Her potatoes were bland. Very disappointed. I hope the quality can be upped. Our suggestion is to cut the menu options by about 75% and just do a few choices really well. More isn't necessarily better.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great service.scheibdinersDined on 9/20/2014We ate at Jensen's for the first time on Saturday and are experience was perfect from the start. The hostesses were very pleasant and respectful, the waitress was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable, the appetizer was cooked to perfection and the salad was fresh and sized perfectly. When we thought the surprises were done out came the popovers and they blew our minds. When are dinners arrived my prime rib, my wife's lobster and steak instantly made our taste buds explode with anticipation. The steaks were the best we had ever had and the lobster was delicately perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014The changes to the menu are welcomed by me and my wife who enjoy the new and different options. It would be nice to see more lobster and less shrimp in the 'lobster roll'.Special Features:
- Appraiser427Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice experience. Good pricing on happy hour drinks and food was very good with good presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a delicious dinner which included the sautéed walleye and a trio special including walleye and steak. The salad, popovers, and garlic mashed potatoes were a great accompaniment. We recommend Jensen's !Special Features:
- Never been disappointedBubbhaDined on 9/17/2014We love Jensen's! We've always had good service and good food for a reasonable price. We also like what they've done with their remodel, menu adjustments and extra parking with the new outlet mall next door.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and Great atmosphere. Always a treat to dine at Jensens!Special Features:
- We will be back!StP1FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time at Jensen's with another couple. We all enjoyed the drinks, food and excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We hadn't eaten at Jensen's for a couple of years and it was just as good as we remembered. They made some changes to their menu and kept some things the same, but everything was delicious and one of the best meals we've eaten in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!eaganfoodieDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I just went to Jensen's for our 32nd wedding Anniversary, a wonderful experience! We have been there a few times before, but it is even better now that they have remodeled, we highly recommend this restaurant. The petite filet and parmesan walleye, surf and turf with flourless chocolate torte(we split that) was all perfect, great service & atmosphere!Special Features:
- Bring back the old recipesmacsmamaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Love coming to Jensens for the prime rib however on this visit I sent it back as soon as the server delivered the food. Medium rare should not still be mooing! You could tell that rather than cutting me a new piece they just threw it on the flat top to brown it, not good. Not sure I will be back which is sad because we used to love coming to Jensens.
- JudyJudyDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service. We keep coming back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a Special OccasionsgroupofsixDined on 9/13/2014We had a great table for our party of 6 with 2 kids. The server was excellent but some of the food was inedible. The kitchen must brine their shrimp and fresh cucumbers to keep them from spoiling because they were extremely salty. They are noted for their steaks that is true. The restaurant is excellent if you order steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was okay, I was hoping for a more quiet, romantic atmosphere but it was loud and more like a sports bar. The prime rib was too salty and too small for the price. When it says it comes with asparagus....three sprigs??? Really???Special Features:
- AwesomeLindeeDined on 9/12/2014Great food and service. Was in location of nearby hotels. Very impressedSpecial Features:
- BetterGnJJonesDined on 9/12/2014I,like that they've added the SIDS to the meals rather than giant ones to shareSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable EveningEatOutALotDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated a wedding anniversary at Jensen's. We were congratulated and the service was very good and the waiter very helpful in selecting our dinner entrees. My husband loved the ribs and home-made BBQ sauce and my crab cakes were wonderful, and loaded with crab meat. My only disappointment was that I had to order their wonderful hash browns separately. Wish they would have come with the meal as a starch selection. Creme Brulee and bread pudding finished off a very enjoyable evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014First time my guest was there and was quite impressed. Good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentxxxxDined on 9/10/2014I was given a Jensen's gift certificate last Christmas and I waited 9 months for just the right time to use it. My friend from Las Vegas came in town for a visit and I treated her to dinner. She said it was one of the best meals she's ever had. So this was one of the best Christmas presents I've ever received.Special Features:
- Celebrate at Jensen's!GrandmaDined on 9/9/2014Took the family out for a special birthday dinner. The all newly remodeled Jensens did not disappoint! I don't order a filet anywhere else! All 6 of us enjoyed our meals, and our waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodeled and revampedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Jensen's Supper Club has been a longtime favorite of my family, and I love that they're now open for lunch, and have expanded their menu to include more casual options, but still retaining the old favorites. I sat outside on the patio the last couple of visits, and it's nice to have that option while the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since they changedtracyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Jensen recently changed their decor (which is good) and added a patio (which is great) but the menu change not so good. I miss the house salad or being able to have more than one serving of the salad. They combined sides with the crab dinner which made it much more expensive for what it was worth. 34 now with a small serving of rosoto and 3 sprigs of asparagus. Was 22. I dont think the sides were worth 12 dollars. Overall, it was just ok. Probably wont return anytime soon and I was a fairly regular customer Also the walleye I order was again ok but with the added red potato side just wasnt the same. Wish it had been better.
- Just what the doctor orderedLennyDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our forty fourth wedding anniversary and were immediately greeted with Happy Anniversary from all who talked to us, and we were presented with a rose in a vase. The service was excellent, and the food met or exceeded our expectations. We always enjoy Jensen's for special occasions/Special Features:
- Not what they used to beRodgeDined on 9/6/2014My son-in-law and I ordered the Prime Rib. Tough, fatty, and undercooked. My wife says, send it back. I say, they ask you right at the table how you want your meat prepared. I ordered it medium and it came rare. If they prepare Prime Rib to a different standard, the wait staff should tell you that. Why should I have to send it back? Then sit and wait while the rest of my family is eating their dinner? My son ordered the "petite" steak and walleye. Petite is an understatement. The steak was the size of a silver dollar. Very disappointed as we have eaten there many, many times. But this was the first as the new Jensen's Food and Cocktail restaurant. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Prime rib was tough not as good as it has been in the pastSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been coming to Jensens for years. We love the food, the service and mostly the atmosphere. But last Saturday night, we were disappointed. I ordered Prime Rib medium. It was more like rare. I don't like to send food back because I want to eat my meal the same time as my wife eats hers. We love the salad, sitting outside and overall, always been a great time. I can tell that Jensen's must be trying to get younger people to come and eat there. We had a couple of screaming kids next to us. We live in Chanhassen, so we drive to have a quiet, good meal and have no problem paying the extra for such features. I am not saying that we won't come back, because we will, we were a bit disappointed with last Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As UsualGordoDined on 9/4/2014I have dined at Jensen's many times and have never been dissatisfied. I bring more and more family members for the first time and they always go away impressed with the flavorful food, friendly staff and great ambiance. If you have a special occasion to celebrate Jensen's is the place. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We "treated" ourselves to the lobster and it was not good. It was not firm and did not have the wqonderful sweet taste we are used to with lobster.
- GemcorkyDined on 9/1/2014Favorite restaurant with class and good food. A good place to meet friends and have a great time.Special Features:
- GreatKariFDined on 8/30/2014Really enjoy the facelift! Food was great Like the menus changes too!Special Features: