Jensen's Food & Cocktails
3840 Sibley Memorial Highway
Eagan, MN 55122Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jensen's Food & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jensensfoodandcocktails.com/
- Phone: 6516887969x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner Sunday & Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00ampm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Bode
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Murnane 6516887969x
- Entertainment: N/A
A word from Jensen's Food & Cocktails
Jensen's Food & Cocktails serves high quality steaks, seafood, & martinis. In the style of the old supper clubs of the 40's & 50's, Jensen's is not just a place to dine, but to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jensen's Food & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Jensen's Food & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)neighborhood gem (156)romantic (141)good for groups (98)fit for foodies (95)notable wine list (69)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014The changes to the menu are welcomed by me and my wife who enjoy the new and different options. It would be nice to see more lobster and less shrimp in the 'lobster roll'.Special Features:
- Appraiser427Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice experience. Good pricing on happy hour drinks and food was very good with good presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a delicious dinner which included the sautéed walleye and a trio special including walleye and steak. The salad, popovers, and garlic mashed potatoes were a great accompaniment. We recommend Jensen's !Special Features:
- Never been disappointedBubbhaDined on 9/17/2014We love Jensen's! We've always had good service and good food for a reasonable price. We also like what they've done with their remodel, menu adjustments and extra parking with the new outlet mall next door.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and Great atmosphere. Always a treat to dine at Jensens!Special Features:
- We will be back!StP1FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time at Jensen's with another couple. We all enjoyed the drinks, food and excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We hadn't eaten at Jensen's for a couple of years and it was just as good as we remembered. They made some changes to their menu and kept some things the same, but everything was delicious and one of the best meals we've eaten in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!eaganfoodieDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I just went to Jensen's for our 32nd wedding Anniversary, a wonderful experience! We have been there a few times before, but it is even better now that they have remodeled, we highly recommend this restaurant. The petite filet and parmesan walleye, surf and turf with flourless chocolate torte(we split that) was all perfect, great service & atmosphere!Special Features:
- Bring back the old recipesmacsmamaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Love coming to Jensens for the prime rib however on this visit I sent it back as soon as the server delivered the food. Medium rare should not still be mooing! You could tell that rather than cutting me a new piece they just threw it on the flat top to brown it, not good. Not sure I will be back which is sad because we used to love coming to Jensens.
- JudyJudyDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service. We keep coming back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a Special OccasionsgroupofsixDined on 9/13/2014We had a great table for our party of 6 with 2 kids. The server was excellent but some of the food was inedible. The kitchen must brine their shrimp and fresh cucumbers to keep them from spoiling because they were extremely salty. They are noted for their steaks that is true. The restaurant is excellent if you order steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was okay, I was hoping for a more quiet, romantic atmosphere but it was loud and more like a sports bar. The prime rib was too salty and too small for the price. When it says it comes with asparagus....three sprigs??? Really???Special Features:
- AwesomeLindeeDined on 9/12/2014Great food and service. Was in location of nearby hotels. Very impressedSpecial Features:
- BetterGnJJonesDined on 9/12/2014I,like that they've added the SIDS to the meals rather than giant ones to shareSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable EveningEatOutALotDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated a wedding anniversary at Jensen's. We were congratulated and the service was very good and the waiter very helpful in selecting our dinner entrees. My husband loved the ribs and home-made BBQ sauce and my crab cakes were wonderful, and loaded with crab meat. My only disappointment was that I had to order their wonderful hash browns separately. Wish they would have come with the meal as a starch selection. Creme Brulee and bread pudding finished off a very enjoyable evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014First time my guest was there and was quite impressed. Good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentxxxxDined on 9/10/2014I was given a Jensen's gift certificate last Christmas and I waited 9 months for just the right time to use it. My friend from Las Vegas came in town for a visit and I treated her to dinner. She said it was one of the best meals she's ever had. So this was one of the best Christmas presents I've ever received.Special Features:
- Celebrate at Jensen's!GrandmaDined on 9/9/2014Took the family out for a special birthday dinner. The all newly remodeled Jensens did not disappoint! I don't order a filet anywhere else! All 6 of us enjoyed our meals, and our waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodeled and revampedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Jensen's Supper Club has been a longtime favorite of my family, and I love that they're now open for lunch, and have expanded their menu to include more casual options, but still retaining the old favorites. I sat outside on the patio the last couple of visits, and it's nice to have that option while the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since they changedtracyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Jensen recently changed their decor (which is good) and added a patio (which is great) but the menu change not so good. I miss the house salad or being able to have more than one serving of the salad. They combined sides with the crab dinner which made it much more expensive for what it was worth. 34 now with a small serving of rosoto and 3 sprigs of asparagus. Was 22. I dont think the sides were worth 12 dollars. Overall, it was just ok. Probably wont return anytime soon and I was a fairly regular customer Also the walleye I order was again ok but with the added red potato side just wasnt the same. Wish it had been better.
- Just what the doctor orderedLennyDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our forty fourth wedding anniversary and were immediately greeted with Happy Anniversary from all who talked to us, and we were presented with a rose in a vase. The service was excellent, and the food met or exceeded our expectations. We always enjoy Jensen's for special occasions/Special Features:
- Not what they used to beRodgeDined on 9/6/2014My son-in-law and I ordered the Prime Rib. Tough, fatty, and undercooked. My wife says, send it back. I say, they ask you right at the table how you want your meat prepared. I ordered it medium and it came rare. If they prepare Prime Rib to a different standard, the wait staff should tell you that. Why should I have to send it back? Then sit and wait while the rest of my family is eating their dinner? My son ordered the "petite" steak and walleye. Petite is an understatement. The steak was the size of a silver dollar. Very disappointed as we have eaten there many, many times. But this was the first as the new Jensen's Food and Cocktail restaurant. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Prime rib was tough not as good as it has been in the pastSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been coming to Jensens for years. We love the food, the service and mostly the atmosphere. But last Saturday night, we were disappointed. I ordered Prime Rib medium. It was more like rare. I don't like to send food back because I want to eat my meal the same time as my wife eats hers. We love the salad, sitting outside and overall, always been a great time. I can tell that Jensen's must be trying to get younger people to come and eat there. We had a couple of screaming kids next to us. We live in Chanhassen, so we drive to have a quiet, good meal and have no problem paying the extra for such features. I am not saying that we won't come back, because we will, we were a bit disappointed with last Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As UsualGordoDined on 9/4/2014I have dined at Jensen's many times and have never been dissatisfied. I bring more and more family members for the first time and they always go away impressed with the flavorful food, friendly staff and great ambiance. If you have a special occasion to celebrate Jensen's is the place. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We "treated" ourselves to the lobster and it was not good. It was not firm and did not have the wqonderful sweet taste we are used to with lobster.
- GemcorkyDined on 9/1/2014Favorite restaurant with class and good food. A good place to meet friends and have a great time.Special Features:
- GreatKariFDined on 8/30/2014Really enjoy the facelift! Food was great Like the menus changes too!Special Features:
- Supper Club Elegance - Still a GemBradDined on 8/30/2014Returned again for a supper club style dinner and Jensen's was as good as ever. They have upgraded things a bit and all the changes seem to be good. The standards are there, great food, wonderful cocktails and an excellent wine list. Enjoyed seafood and steak and they were done perfectly. The staff was friendly and attentive, so refreshing and relaxing.Special Features:
- Another very good meal at Jensen'sTommyDined on 8/30/2014First time to Jensen's since their remodel and new menu. I actually kind of missed the old homey feel. The new menu now has many menu items that include a potato so no need to order a side of potatoes. Their house salad served in a large bowl for the table is now gone. You can still get that same salad as a side if you ask for it--its not on the menu. My ribeye steak was very good, but not perfect as usual. My wife's striped bass served on risoto was also very good. The wait staff seemed to be considerably younger and more male since our last visit in the spring. Our waiter was good, but again not as good as some of our waitresses in the past. All in all, it was a good night out as always at Jensen'sSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everyone and everything was overwhelmed. The food was only marginal. I would not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The service was really terrific. The waitress did a great job. She checked on us often and made sure that all was ok. The food was very delicious and done to perfection. Wonderful place to come and eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Great! It was my guests first time and she was truly impressed! The food was delicious and the service excellent!Special Features:
- destinyDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely in every respect........awesome.....favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceStampingpaperdollDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Jensens for about 18 years-since they opened. We love the food and the service. Our waitress, Angie, was exceptional. They have remodeled and I am sorry to see they no longer serve fried shrimp. As someone who is not a fan of red meat, I miss that option. I would hope they would reconsider their decision. When I go out to eat, I am not conscious of eating fried foods and I think that may be a mistake on Jensens part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEnjoydiningoutDined on 8/25/2014As good as always. The cocktails are fairly priced and fantastic. The food is superb and the staff I'd always friendlySpecial Features:
- the new Jensen'sSandiDined on 8/24/2014It looks basically the same as before, only lighter. All the employees are new. The menu is updated, and the food even tastes updated, fresh, deliciousSpecial Features:
- Even better!Cashking23Dined on 8/24/2014The expanded parking is great, our greeting into the restaurant was very welcoming, our service impeccable! The new salad offering is a fantastic change. The cake for our special occasion after our meal (my sons birthday) was a slice of heaven. And the food as always was all fantastic, steaks and prime rib cooked exactly as ordered with delicious flavor. Bravo Jensens!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We come to celebrate birthdays. Love the walleye and chocolate martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good timesBEJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Jensen's is always a good place to go for a hearty lunch or dinner with decent food, but especially well-done cocktails. The service is always good and one always feels welcomed at Jensen's. The interior refresh has eliminated the country kitsch, but the goal of sophistication missed the mark. The new wallpaper is dark, the new black-framed mirrors are bland and not bold enough, although the new carpeting is nice. As much as I love the big, cozy booths, they could have used an entire rebuilding and re-foaming. The springs and indentations are still a pain in the backside, literally. The tradition of the hot popovers is still maintained, but the old familiar relish tray has been eliminated, which is a sad thing to see go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.