Jensen's Food & Cocktails
3840 Sibley Memorial Highway
Eagan, MN 55122Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jensen's Food & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jensensfoodandcocktails.com/
- Phone: 6516887969x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner Sunday & Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00ampm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Bode
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Murnane 6516887969x
- Entertainment: N/A
A word from Jensen's Food & Cocktails
Jensen's Food & Cocktails serves high quality steaks, seafood, & martinis. In the style of the old supper clubs of the 40's & 50's, Jensen's is not just a place to dine, but to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jensen's Food & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Jensen's Food & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)neighborhood gem (157)romantic (136)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (57)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)Show More
- LindseyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Had the walleye and I am pretty sure it was frozen. It was not good. The lettuce in the salad was brown. I will not go there again.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014We've been going here for special occasions in our lives (birthdays/anniversary) and now we are going to try to have dinner here once a month because we enjoy it so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with changesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014had celebrated a milestone there inJanuary so excited to return. Living social coupon a great excuse. Chanel's to the menu makes them an ordinary place, nothing spectacular anymore.Special Features:
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We went to dinner here for our 5 year Anniversary. It was our first time here, and we were very impressed. Both of our meals were so yummy! We will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch!VirgDined on 10/24/2014There were four of us at lunch at Jensen's and we sat in a lovely round table area in a corner. Perfect place to talk ! We found the service efficient, the server had good personality. The food was delicious ! I can't wait to eat there again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is keyStuffedDined on 10/18/2014Our server absolutely made the night, it's hard to find servers that truely "get it". The back room (where we sat) is less than desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysSharDined on 10/18/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and have never had anything but great food and excellent service. I had the Parmesan crusted walleye, which I have had before, and it is excellent. My husband had scallops which were equally good. A couple new things since we were there last was that they eliminated the relish dish and rather than serve the house salad family style you get a choice of which salad you would like. Both good moves! We were seated promptly as always and enjoyed our meal and the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The lobster Mac and cheese was dry and too breast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodMechElecDined on 10/18/2014We had early evening reservations and enjoyed and excellent meal with excellent service. The food portions were perfect. Deserts are huge, best shared by 3 or 4.Special Features:
- FoodtrvlbugDined on 10/17/2014I am so glad you can still get the popovers and the manderin salad.. But I still miss the Coconut Shrimp.. Thank goodness I had some in Florida the week before.. The service was great and as fast as you wanted it to beSpecial Features:
- Food Good But ExpensiveSot1Dined on 10/17/2014Portions were not all that big and price has gone up. Food is very good and service is goodSpecial Features:
- enjoyed our evening very muchdiningoutDined on 10/17/2014Great place to go for a special occasion which we do, otherwise it is to expensive to be a regular patron. Our food was very good but the waitress was a little to brisk like she had somewhere else to be. Overall we had a very enjoyable experience and would dine Jensen's again.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceChoppedDined on 10/15/2014This is our second time back since the remodel and we are so impressed. I love the new menu, the addition of salad choices, and the fact that you don't have to order "family style" any longer. The quality of our entrees have always left us wanting for more. Nice selection of wines and the price is right. Very attentive staff. We recommend Jensen's to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic American Dining ExperiencefoodrangerDined on 10/15/2014We have been dining at Jensen's for family special occasions since they opened. The service is always professional, prompt and fun-- food is well prepared and generous proportions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice.DovebarDined on 10/13/2014I have eaten here many times and they are tops in everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KabgkhDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food and great menu. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Beautiful job on the remodel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...we will be backDAC13Dined on 10/11/2014My wife's boss recommended this for my birthday dinner. It was packed on a Sat night. We had the Prime Rib with a side of Mushrooms, a salad with Chicken big enough for 3 people, and the Steak and fish ( petite fillet and walleye). Meals come with salad +. Everything was outstanding. The prime rib here is slow cooked for 16 hours and the cut was much leaner than most places. The flavor was excellent. The veggies on the entrees we a little on the small side. But well prepared. you can order more if you like. My wife was delight by here fish and steak combo. The noise level was a bit energetic, but you could still have a conversation. The service was excellent. I had an ice tea, the other two drank water and the bill was $80 + tax and tip.Special Features:
- CraigDined on 10/11/2014We have been long time patrons of this restaraunt. We always enjoyed the classy atmosphere with jazz and great cocktails. Since they opened for lunch, however, it seems that they have streemlined everything and that alone has taken that "old time" atmosphere and made the place feel like a fancy Applebees. The cocktails and bar staff are still great but the menu changes and changes in music as well as decor have cheapened the place.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!eatitupDined on 10/10/2014Jensens has a wonderful Supper Club atmosphere. The wait staff is very atentive and pleasant. If you are looking for a place to go for a special occasion, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceRomeo2Dined on 10/10/2014We have dined at Jensen's three times lately and each visit was excellent. The outdoor patio was lovely on a nice, warm, sunny day. We have had lunch and dinner inside the dining room. Our Sunday lunch was excellent and the noise level was less that eating on a Friday evening. Food has been Great each and every meal. Thank you. We are happy to have this restaurant South of the River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 47th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We set our appointment for 6;30p.m.but arrived around 6;00 P.M.The hostes whop was tall and blond,I believe named Jackie greeted us and did a great job.I said I would like to be out of traffic.She found a circular seating which was really special as we could be close together for our 47th wedding anniversay. I was really impressed.Our waitree Ruth Ann did not say her name until we asked later.I asked for a Checkloszavikan Bloody Mary and explained it was the same as what they served but with 3 olives on a stick.to my surprise she brought 6 olives on a stick and that has never happened before. On your menu you describe how steaks can be prepared. Medium well says a little pink. Not enough space.Bill TschohlSpecial Features:
- Delicious!clpearsonVIPDined on 10/4/2014YUM. Discovered the lobster & shrimp spinach warm dip!! So rich and yummy. We ordered one surf and turf, and one halibut special, then split. Delicious, delicious, delicious. Our server, Chris, is always top notch as he takes such good care of his customers. I love being seated in his section because you know it will be a perfect dining experience, guaranteed :)Special Features:
- WilliamspalDined on 10/3/2014I have aways been a fan of Jensen's and enjoy and food and ambiance. Nice atmophere, good and friendly service. It is about 1 1/2 miles from my home; therefore it is also very convenience. Enjoy the drinks.Special Features:
- Our 34th Wedding AnniversaryOccasionalDinerDined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. We enjoy Jensen's even though it is usually out of our price range. Groupons or something similar make a difference. The food is great, though the menu has recently changed. My wife enjoys the Chicken Oscar and I usually have the rib-eye or a New York Strip steak. This time my wife had the fish special, which was halibut. She loved it. It was great. I had the Prime Rib. I ordered the 14oz size but should have gotten something smaller. I really enjoyed it. I got it with the horseradish sauce which was wonderful. We were seated in a part of the restaurant that we had not been seated in since the first time we went there years ago. It was very nice and seemed somewhat private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pro staffEmxburgDined on 10/2/2014You'll see the same staff year after year. They know service and attention to guests and detail. Cocktails and dining experience is five star..Special Features:
- MtKkDined on 10/2/2014The food and service was excellent. Overall experience was such that we plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014I was totally impressed with my entire dining experience. We were celebrating a birthday; the food was excellent, the seating as requested, and the service was right on. We had a lovely dinner and cocktails and a complimentary dessert for the birthday celebrant. The evening was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!FritzVIPDined on 10/1/2014We like Jensen's a lot. We had a dinner of walleye and crab cakes that was excellent. Service was very attentive and it is a nice place to have a relaxing meal. Try it and you will come back.Special Features:
- Great eveningMarilynDined on 9/30/2014It was our 53rd wedding anniversary so we chose Jensen's to celebrate. We are so glad we did. Wonderful waitperson, excellent food and because of that a wonderful evening. Thank you Jensen's.Special Features:
- Overpriced lunchGnJJonesDined on 9/30/2014love coming here for dinner. Tried it for lunch but won't do it again. The food was good but price point is too high for lunchSpecial Features:
- Been coming for years!spcarlsonDined on 9/29/2014We enjoy celebrating birthdays and anniversaries here, the food and service are always great. Jensen's has a very comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryhungryDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our recent meal and drinks. We don't see many decor changes from the remodeling, but like the new menu and have ordered new menu items when we visited twice during the last two months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good fareRovingCriticVIPDined on 9/28/2014Now that the new outlet mall has opened practically next door to Jensen's and it's open for lunch, this is a nice place to take the family. Food is a bit pricey for what it is, but eating in the restaurant is like spending time with an old friend. Service could be punchier. Overall, food is pretty good - not outstanding, but still an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great for Special OccasionsDiningcritDined on 9/27/2014My husband love the atmosphere, food, and drinks at Jensen's Supper Club. It is a great place to celebrate special occasions like anniversaries and Valentine's Day. The staff is very observant, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Best service and food in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent changes may not be positiveSoothsayerDined on 9/27/2014This used to be one of our favorite places in the South Metro because it was unique. Things that we liked that are now gone/different: - pre-dinner relish tray (gone); - seafood add-on options to steak entrees (gone); - choice of potato sides (now they force garlic mashed - but you can add a full side of au gratins? So you'd have two potato sides?); - Salad options with dinner now very limited (3 dressings, no Caesar option). Loved it with the supper club feel AND menu. Now it seems they're trying to be like everyone else - appeal to the masses but lose the fanatics - perhaps smart with outlet mall open. I hope it works for them because I really like this place but now we're less than excited about coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014with the new menu with burgers you should offer French fries as a menu optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Jensen's has been our go to spot for special occasions. This was our first opportunity to get back since the remodel. Physically we liked what you did refreshing the decor. However, although the food was still good I think the menu changes were not a substantial improvement -- perhaps even a step back. You seem to have lost what made Jensen's special. It is now just another above average restaurant Our server on this occasion was terrible - not what we had come to expect at Jensen's. Inattentive would have been an improvement. She was not rude.just didn't seem care about Jensen's or her job. Too bad But based on our overall history with Jensen's we will probably give Jensen's one more chance before looking for another special place.Special Features:
- RUSHEDDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Soup and salad were presented at the same time and before either was half eaten the entree was served. I got the impression that Jensen's was eager to free our table for their next patrons!Special Features:
- ReviewjkottnerDined on 9/27/2014Always great food and service. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodluvtoeatDined on 9/26/2014Wanted a nice dinner on a Friday evening and Jensen's was the perfect choice. I had broiled shrimp with wild rice risotto and it was excellent. My friend had the basil chicken and claimed it was outstanding. The popovers were a little over done but who cares when the rest of the food was so good. Our server was very attentive but didn't hover so that's a big plus in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.