12750 Nicollet Ave South
Burnsville, MN 55337Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.jensenscafe.com/
- Phone: (952) 808-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Hehr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: We will deliver a minimum of 10 lunches in the Burnsville area Monday through Friday.
- Private Party Facilities: A small room that seats between 8 and 14 guests is available daily.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Hehr 9528080500
A word from Jensen's Cafe
Jensen's Cafe serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner seven days a week. Our specialties include: Fresh squeezed orange juice, baked omelets, thick cut bacon, Club Sandwiches, Meatloaf, and many more. We open daily at 7 a.m. Join us soon for a hot cup of coffee!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jensen's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Old time feelteddyVIPDined on 10/15/2014It feels like an old time neighborhood café. The food was good but really nothing like the other restaurant they own. The quality was fine but lacked creativity. I eat out so much I like me food to reel me in. The server was very personable.Special Features:
- Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Had the special - chicken Marsala. Great flavor, but a bit salty. Good service and friendly people.Special Features:
- Manager canceled reservationamazonVIPDined on 10/4/2014The evening manager canceled our reservation because we were 15 minutes late for a 6:15 dinner. The restaurant had numerous and available open tables. He was not able to reward me my 100 points for the reservation and suggested I make a second "fake" reservation and he'd take care of it. Open table reservations would not work after the cancelation so I called manager. He was not helpful!!! I finally went through the OpenTable website and was helped immediately and rewarded the 100 points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it could have beenJayLearyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been many times. The service was outstanding and the food was generally good. But a couple things were disappointing. First, the patio wasn't open. Summer evenings in Minnesota are supposed to be spent on the patio! Second, they no longer have wine and beer. Huh? And finally, they serve cafe potatoes with most meals. It's one of their signature items. But they were way overlooked and tasted as if they'd been frozen (and absorbing favors from the freezer) then reheated. And reheated. And reheated. All our entrees were done beautifully and our server was as nice and attentive as could be. We'll be back for breakfast or lunch. But not for dinner. Remember that whole wine/beer/patio thing?Special Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the Jensen's Cafe reviews archive.
- Great foodeateringDined on 7/25/2014This was my second visit and both were great. I would definitely recommend Jensen's and will absolutely return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast spotMackDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic breakfast menu & it's served all day. Broad lunch & dinner menu. Great walleye.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014we sat on the patio and had a nice evening, all of our orders were hot, correct, deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townKrippyDined on 6/21/2014Can't get enough of their big slices of French toast, homemade maple and butter syrup, freshly whipped cream, mashed potatoes made with cream and their walleye is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We have ate at Jensens may times for breakfast, this was the first time for supper. I have to say I was not impressed at all with supper. I ordered the turkey dinner, the turkey was super dry!!! The rest of the meal with it was okay. My wife ordered the special, it was some kind of fiesta noodle dish. She said that there was no taste to the white sauce, she thought there would of been some zing. It was just a white thick cream. Next time we will only order breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet..great breakfast food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014As my husband and I get older we appreciate a quiet setting more and more so that you can actually have a conversation with each other. This restaurant was really well suited for that. I had the Cajun Breakfast - really yummy, the only slight ding was that there were a lot of onions, and big chunks of them. Fortunately I could easily pick them off since I don't mind the flavor I just don't need to be consuming an entire onion in one meal. My husband had the stuffed french toast which seems to be a popular item. He liked them, though I would say for a whole meal it would be quite sweet. We went in the evening, so we didn't have to deal with the weekend breakfast/brunch crowd. No waiting on a Friday evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous breakfast, any time of dayPrincessCDined on 3/25/2014First time diner, found Jensen's a delightful surprise. We went for "breakfast at dinner", and it was not crowded. Easy parking in the adjacent ramp (lot is a little small). The waitress was friendly and helpful with suggestions, but not overly intrusive. Really delightful. The food was excellent: eggs perfectly cooked "over medium", pancakes & French toast to die for, and I recommend springing for the cheesy hashbrowns (well worth an extra $1!). The ambience was pleasant as well: comfortable clean upscale diner. New favorite local spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!vermilionDined on 3/15/2014We had the parmesan walleye and strawberry feta salad and the food was excellent. Even the vegetable medley was freshly cooked and still a bit crisp. The senior serving of walleye was more than enough and I took a "doggy bag" home with me. The waitress was attentive in just the right doses and it was overall a wonderful experience. We would definitely try it again. The only issue I had was that the waitress didn't ask if we wanted desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No drink with child's menupb222VIPDined on 3/14/2014Consequently, food and drink are separate and the cost becomes outrageous
- CokeHeatherDined on 2/28/2014Thank you! I would prefer Coke products instead of Pepsi. I drank water.Special Features:
- Best place to eat in Burnsvillelove2dineDined on 2/14/2014Jensen's Cafe is such a great place to eat, you can tell that all the food is homemade. Soups are wonderful, French Toast is THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!! :) A must stop if your in Burnsville MN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Valentines EveFoodLoverDined on 2/14/2014My bride and I had a very nice meal, dessert, and service - thank you all very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place for breakfastCAH1694Dined on 1/9/2014I love this place for breakfast and now for dinner! they have an interesting menu, great food, wonderful service and close to home!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingeasytopleaseDined on 12/28/2013We arrived and were seated immediately as it was fairly slow. Ordered our drinks which included 2 of the same beers - only received 1 because they had to chill the other. When you only have 8 different bottled beers on the menu you would think they would have more than 1 of each kind chilled. When the server did bring it - it was still warm so we had to order a different brand. 3 of the 4 Parmesan Walleye dinners we ordered were over cooked, the potatoes were lukewarm and the bread rolls were cold & dry. We expected much more since we have always had very good meals at Jensen's Supper Club. We had family with us from out of town and we were quite embarrassed with our choice of restaurants that night. Server was friendly but non-attentive.Special Features:
- The waitress was fantastic!GamaPDined on 12/27/2013The waitress was fantastic! We ordered a salad, soup and a main meal. She made sure we were finished with our salad before she brought the soup, and then waited until we were finished with our soup to bring our main meal! Smart!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 FOR DINNER. IT TOOK US ALMOSTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/20133 FOR DINNER. IT TOOK US ALMOST AN HOUR TO GET OUR FOOD AND IT WASN'T HAOT WHEN WE FINALLY GOT IT. SERIOUSLY UNDERSTAFFED FOR A THURSDAY EVENING WITH A PLAY AND ART OPENING AT THE PAC. GUESS I'LL STICK TO BREAKFAST HERE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableAddysGrammyDined on 12/12/2013Never been there before. Food was excellent. Fast service and very quiet in restaurant. I would definitely return! Plus, they have a seniors 55 and older menu and that is appreciated as we don't eat as much as we used to. Minimal parking by restaurant but a public parking ramp nearby and elevator to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service.Appraiser427Dined on 11/9/2013Waited 20 minutes to even get a glass of water and they weren't busy. Almost walked out. Went for dinner or the evening meal and was very disappointed. Food was only fair at best. Have been there for breakfast and lunch and was very happy with everything. Go to their supper club for dinner and not the cafe.
- Actually, they're better than this!JstdoitDined on 10/19/2013I've been here a few times before, and loved it every time. Tonight however, I had their Turkey Dinner and found it to be so dry and tasteless that I couldn't even finish it. That said, the salad was fresh and delicious, the Thousand Island was the best....the mashed potatoes smothered in butter were terrific.....BUT.....it was a Turkey Dinner and thus fell very flat. I'm not the kind of dinner that is going to complain......I just ate what I could and moved on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly servicepatsyannDined on 10/11/2013The staff was extremely nice. They had helpful suggestions about their menu choices and were very accommodating to our group of 7 (3 kids, including a toddler and a baby!). The food arrived quickly and was hot. Everyone liked their food and had a great experience. It was everyone's first trip there for dinner. My husband and I ate at Jensen's for brunch just after they opened for business and he so unimpressed that he was not eager to go again. However, he really liked his meal this time and said he would go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing visit to Jensen'sOutoftownguestDined on 9/13/2013I have been to Jensen's several times and every time had a good experience and good food. This was very dissimilar. We were immediately seated upon arrival and then waited for service. The host walked past our table several times but did not take note of no water, no menu. After 10 minutes I went to the front desk and asked to be served. A server came right over and got our water and took our orders. We received our food in a timely fashion and it was very good. The server did not check back with us. My husband final caught his attention to get more water. The server dropped off our check. It was very disappointing. Next concert at the BPAC we will not be eating at Jensen's.Special Features:
- Four gals get together aboutCanutellDined on 7/19/2013Four gals get together about times a year and it is a quiet place for dinner to get caught up on conversation..the ultimate BLT looked yummy however one thought the entree salad was disappointing. The cinnamon roll for brunch is wonderful - it is very large so please share.Special Features:
- Breakfast spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2013We love their all day breakfast menu. Swedish pancakes are excellent. Chipotle Benedict is our favorite. Real breakfast potatoes. We just had dinner there for the first time and they need some improvement. I'm not a fan of iceberg lettuce and the peacan encrusted walleye needed less peacans and more seasoning. It would be nice if the hot vegetable choice were fresh veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitressPattyDined on 6/7/2013She was excellent even found some cheeter glasses for my brotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Breakfast food anytimewillow35Dined on 5/7/2013of the day! Love Jensens cafe. Love the food and the prices!! Great breakfast food!Special Features:
- Our group of 7 women, whoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Our group of 7 women, who had not been together for 2 years, appreciated the space to eat together and chat in a quiet, semi-private atmosphere. The food was delicious and we each selected our top choice from a variety of enticing dishes. We appreciated patient servers who accommodated our lingering conversation.Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013We gravitate endlessly back to Jensen's. Usually for breakfast, which is their hallmark meal in our opinion. This time, we met long-ago friends for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I can only speak for my pecan-crusted walleye, which was a generous-sized portion--a good thing, because it was delicious! Our enthused waiter was very attentive....too attentive,actually. Very nice guy, but somewhat oblivious to conversations that were very important to us. We felt a little pushed. BUT he was courteous in all other ways and got the job done. We love Jensen's and will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Loved it. Good food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Loved it. Good food and service, will return again and again.Special Features:
- Kitchen lost our ticket andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013Kitchen lost our ticket and it took almost 1 hour for our food to come out - the restaurant did pick-up our bill, but still it was frustrating.Special Features:
- Not a good Valentine's Day optionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013It was an OK dining experience, but not worth the drive from Minneapolis. My grand daughter ordered french toast and said it didn't taste right, so she didn't eat it. the server asked if there was a problem with it, offered to take it away, but no offer to remove it from the bill.Special Features:
- My wife had pecan coveredOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013My wife had pecan covered fish that almost covered the plate! I had the beef and noodles and cut the meat with my fork, the others had burgers. All were happy!Special Features:
- First visit but not the last.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Good food. Excellent service. We went Saturday evening when it was rather quiet. The food was well cooked, well presented and promptly served. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, maybe expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Nice restaurant, maybe expecting too much. Prompt service but a little too sweet. Waitress was there when we needed and the food was served quickly but we were both disappointed. Neither meal was served very warm or presented well, and the dinnerware was worn and showed its age. The salad was OK but the clam chowder soup came right out of the can. Her steak was a square piece of meat, done right but the texture was not quality beef and there was enough green bean casserole to feed both of us. The Ranch Salsa Chicken was tasty but the house potatoes were not. I will go back and see if the breakfast is as good as I have heard.Special Features:
- We both ordered the meatloafUnimpressedDined on 1/25/2013We both ordered the meatloaf - very generous portion; great comfort food. The green bean casserole side was a perfect match.Special Features:
- We've eaten at Jensen's manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012We've eaten at Jensen's many times. It is an old style supper club - great food and service. The filet mignon and walleye combination has been a favorite of ours and other couples with whom we've dined.Special Features:
- A steak was over cooked, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2012A steak was over cooked, the server noticed right away, removed it, and replaced it with a properly cooked medium one. The server took it off the bill. Great service and very pleasant experience.