701 West 36th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99503Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jensrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9075615367
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jens Hansen, Chef de Cusine Nancy Alip
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A small private dining room seats up to 20 guests. The whole restaurant is also available for private parties. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Annelise Hansen 9075615367
A word from Jens' Restaurant
For over 20 years Jens’ has served the best fresh Alaskan Seafood. The dinner menu also features prime steaks, lamb, veal, deer and fresh pasta along with a wide selection of delicious appetizers and salads. The menu changes often to take full advantage of the best fresh ingredients. For lunch Danish specialties joins the fresh seafood, American standards, pastas and salads. A selection of home made desserts round out the dining experience. The cozy wine bar offers the full menu and over 40 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jens' Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Jens' Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (42)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (24)good for groups (17)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don't be in a hurryHrkwifeDined on 10/17/2014I made reservations for 6:30 and arrived on time. We were seated right away at a roomy table in the corner. The waiter took drink orders about 3 minutes later. Drinks were delivered, waiter left. He came back about 5 minutes later to take our order. I had questions about meals. Ordered then. About 20 minutes later, waiter asked if we had to get to the show. There were several tables that arrived at 6 and were prioritized for the show in town. So our meals would take longer to come out. The food was delicious and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef WellingtonakchefgDined on 10/11/2014The beef Wellington was superb, puff pastry was so light and airy. De-constructed made it easy to enjoy and the filet was broiled. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coltgirlDined on 10/10/2014We went there with a group of friend's that had never been to Jens' before. Well needless to say but they loved it! Everything was very good! One of my friend's said the steak just melts in your mouth, which it does. All of them can't wait to go again, and me I would eat there everyday if I could!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Food and service were great. We had an excellent time. Noise was a bit loud but everything else surpassed it.Special Features:
- No follow up serviceLinnyDined on 9/26/2014After dinner arrived, there was no after care. It took a very long time to receive the dessert menu and bill. Felt like a number in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjr3VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had lunch at Jens on a very busy Friday. Most if not all of the tables were filled. The wait for our lunch was much longer than expected however once the food arrived it was as good as usual. If you are ina hurry I would avoid Jens on a busy daySpecial Features:
- Great findASRwisDined on 9/16/2014I based this choice on reviews on Open Table. We were not disappointed. My wife had the Halibut and I had the Rack of Lamb. Both were exceptional. The portions are Alaska style, big! This was possibly the best Rack of Lamb I have ever had. It was prepared exactly how I asked it to be. The Halibut was fresh and very tasty. Unfortunately we did not have room for dessert. The staff is very friendly and very efficient. We were staying in downtown Anchorage and had a bout a $12.00 cab ride to get there. The restaurant was very kind to call us a cab for our return trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Was the best Lamb I have ever had! The service was outstanding. The food was incredible best in Anchorage. Price was very reasonable for the quality we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning kitchen; absent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Oh dear. The food at Jen is amazing! Unfortunately the front of the house is taking an MIA approach to customer service. In the span of 90 minutes we had only been served wine and one appetizer. We had to wave a server over to our table to get any attention, including asking for another basket of bread to keep from gnawing on the table. We were starved and trying to make a theater engagement, which we informed our server of early on. There were only 4 tables with customers and 2 servers. Really, it should have been easy to cover the load. I had heard fabulous things about this restaurant and looked forward to a great experience, but was sadly disappointed - in the service. The food, what little I was able to try, was spectacular.
- Above and Beyond206mpDined on 9/5/2014Our editor and his assistant were absolutely exceptional. Daryl caught a mistake in an order made by one of our party which could have otherwise caused a health issue & we appreciate it very much. Jens' is one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatjensDined on 9/3/2014Best food I have had in sometime. Lots of variety and just plain good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Jen's RestaurantCookietheFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Let me start off by saying the Calamari appetizer is superb. Not your average breaded and fried finger food. So so tender and flavorful. For the main course I ordered the salmon. Salmon was very fresh and tasty but the veggie and rice sides were a bit boring. Great service and romantic ambience. Love the unique artwork on the walls. Will definitely come back for the calamari and to try the homemade pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCGuernseyDined on 8/29/2014Went here for my Mom's birthday and they played a birthday sing and brought out a sparkler and took a picture! Such a special touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great servicenoklueDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent. From the outside it looks kind of like it might be a diner but when you get in it is really very nice. I do think the prices are too high, though.Special Features:
- Quality .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Consistently worth it. We eat here every year when we visit Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent - from the food to the service! And the birthday celebration with a sparkler & picture made the night more memorable. We have been back many times & each time is so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jens never disappointsmywifesagoodcookDined on 8/20/2014As always, the service was impeccable, the food imaginative and the ambience friendly. This restaurant is always top quality and never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like good food and service?OklahomaManDined on 8/16/2014Jens' is a fantastic restaraunt with a lively, friendly staff. Great food for great times! I never have been disappointed with my selection. Recommended fully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/201415 years ago I dined here on the night my grandson was born. The other I night I came here with my grandson to celebrate his 15 th Birthday. Everything was excellent and the service we received from Darrel was the best I have ever had anywhere in the world.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebrationkimmier13Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful experience all the way around. Great service, great food, and great atmosphere! Definitely a highly recommended place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent overall mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed the menu and attentive service. The staff was very familiar with the menu and helped to ensure dietary restrictions were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable time with great foodPattiandDennisDined on 8/5/2014Exceptional food prepared and served well is always a delight. Jen's does it well. This is a place to celebrate the special moments in life. Good service, good food, and a delightful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Our visit to Jens was pleasant, we were looking forward to a nice meal with friends and we go that. Service was friendly and informative, but slow. We didn't notice so much, because we were engaged in conversation so it didn't matter than our entree took awhile since we had appetizers, salad. We did notice however, when after ordering dessert it took 25 minutes for them to tell our group that two of the desserts were not available, which and then another 20 minutes for them to bring out the desserts for the others, which didn't need to have been delayed in the first place. Any simple request from the kitchen such as bread, an extra fork, dessert, seemed to take a minimum of 20 min or longer. Maybe is normal, just seemed extremely slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtastytimeDined on 7/30/2014Great food. Not pretentious. The scallops are better than the lamb. Do not pass up the carrot cake.Special Features:
- coltgirlDined on 7/28/2014We had a going away lunch for a co-worker. There were 10 of us, and everyone said they're food was very good. And personally Jens' is my favorite place to have a nice meal!Special Features:
- Still our favoriteAKBearDined on 7/26/2014We just had another wonderful dinner at Jens. The appetizer was amazing (I could eat the Sashimi Napolean 3 x a day and not tire of it), the salad delicious and the main course fabulous. Dessert yummy too. And the service is truly the best in town. Always a treat when we eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jens' is !st ChoiceAKfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Jens' Restaurant is always dependable. The food is excellent. They do an exceptional job fixing fish. Whenever we go someplace else we always end up saying "We should have gone to Jens'". The staff is friendly and expert. Service is always good. The restaurant does have a small kitchen. When they are really busy food service slows. Pays to go early for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Birthday TreatLisajmrDined on 7/24/2014I highly recommend Jen's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best seafoodKayjayayDined on 7/21/2014Every single seafood dish I've ever had here has been outstanding. Jens is one of the few places, even in Alaska, that cooks fish perfectly, never overdone.Special Features:
- Oasis in the last frontierRedwineauDined on 7/17/2014Traveling Alaska for 50 days and this meal was the best. This is Michelin one star food at bargain prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LindaDined on 7/12/2014I have been at this restaurant several times before and the food has always been excellent, service just a great.Special Features:
- good food and nicely presentedmarjoleinDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Great food options to choose from. Pheasant sausage and sashimi with tuna and salmon were great starters. Carrot cake as dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly SpecialakszqDined on 7/11/2014Patrick turned a casual event into a very special memory. We will be back ! Everyone raved about their food and it was so wonderful to experience the great table service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantPotoursDined on 7/3/2014Amazing food and terrific service. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DancingHeronVIPDined on 7/3/2014If you are shopping for great food look no further than a retail strip in the commercial area of Anchorage! Jen's, as the song goes is a lonely little petunia in an onion patch. Once we entered the restaurant we were transformed to fine dining presented by outstanding service. A must if visiting or living in Anchorage.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodSchatziVIPDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation for this restaurant after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. The food was unique and excellent. Our children, one of whom is very adventuresome in his food selections, were treated very well and enjoyed their meals. They don't have a kid's menu and ours were the only ones present, but they did have a pasta dish for kids. They have interesting art throughout and the staff were excellent. The location wasn't what we expected. If we hadn't seen the reviews we would have missed this gem. This restaurant would be worthy of a repeat, anytime.Special Features:
- SacksDined on 6/27/2014As always, dining at Jen's in a fun experience, great service, ambiance and food. Well presented, attractive plate. Been many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjr3VIPDined on 6/27/2014great food and good service can be expected during every visit for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- The following 350 reviews are from the Jens' Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nice surpriseAmanuelDined on 6/26/2014Located in a strip mall. First time going - life time Alaskan. Food and serviced were great. Beautiful artwork on walls for viewing and purchase. Open tables, but positioned for private feel. Not noisy, but homey vibe. Overall we had a fantastic night out and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodlovrDined on 6/25/2014Darrel was our waiter the food was great as always but Darrel made the experience awesome he rocksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.