1009 N. Rush St., 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jellyfishchicago.com/
- Phone: 3126603111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Thursday to Saturday: 11:30am to 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Hector Marcial & Sushi Chef Puje Dorlig
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available, please call us for more information.
- Entertainment: Live DJs every Friday & Saturday from 8:00p-2:00a
Bears, Bulls & Blackhawks Games featured at the bar.
- Special Events: Check our web-site for the latest on up-coming special events.
A word from Jellyfish
Jellyfish is an intimate pan-Asian restaurant and lounge, the perfect counterpoint for guests looking to have a special and at times exclusive downtown dining and drinking experience. Our second floor glass atrium offers stunning views of the vibrant & legendary Rush Street. The 95-seat restaurant is an escape from the crowded sidewalks below into a space that is exotic and distinctly Chicago. Upon entering the world of Jellyfish, patrons begin a journey of the senses as utmost attention is paid to stylish interior, global music, delectable fare, enthralling scents and the highest level of service. Dive in and immerse yourself in the mesmerizing world of Jellyfish, where the inspiration draws from the beauty and rhythm of these mysterious creatures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jellyfish reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (45)special occasion (43)romantic (36)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (31)scenic view (27)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- A Big Let DownLDanoviaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Host was rude from the moment we checked in, then made it a point to only speak with every table in my area except ours. Food was less than mediocre and bar tender took our change. Yes I tip, but please give me the opportunity to do so. Lychee martini was delish and server was attentive. I will NOT return and will spread the word regarding how dismissive the host was.Special Features:
- it was okaychanDined on 9/12/2014not overwhelmed by the food and ambiance, this was first and last time for me
- Awesome FindyoungfoodieDined on 9/12/2014My mother and I recently took a weekend trip to chicago, and we wanted a dining experience we could not get back home. I made the reservation at Jellyfish the same day, although I am surprised they did not fill up days in advance. I am on crutches and for some restaurants that may have been a hassle. They were very accommodating. The service was excelent from start to finish and our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. The drinks were also amazing and went great with the ambiance. Our food was also delicious and I recommend getting a lot of plates to share (the crab tacos are to die for). Overall we had a great night at Jellyfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy sushi, hurried waitressChicagoNewbieDined on 9/12/2014Jo had been looking forward to dining at Jellyfish ever since I moved to Chicano in June. The food went above and beyond my expectations and the atmosphere was cool and trendy. Great company, amazing food and tasty drinks would add up to a perfect evening if I hadn't felt rushed by the waitress and table runners. Although the server was extremely fast, I had barely put down my chopsticks that my plate was whisked away (no chance to savor my ginger). After our desert was brought, the check was placed on the table with "no rush," however that is all I felt. I would still highly recommend Jellyfish to any sushi lover in Chicago.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I usually eat at Jellyfish when we visit Chicago. The sushi is always fresh, great service, atmosphere and the drinks are good!Special Features:
- Repeat Diner at JellyfishAliceBCVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood!! I keep going back!!Special Features:
- OverratedNightoutDined on 8/29/2014This place was very trendy but the food definitely left something to e desired. Started with Thai chili edamame that was good but not enough salt. We shared 3 of their signature rolls. Very bland. I was very underwhelmed by the sushi, very surprised because of all of the great reviews. And the restaurant wasn't very full and all of the two-tops are right on top of each other. If you are on a date, do you want to be sharing that experience with other people basically sitting with you? Several other couples refused to be seated at these tables.
- Poor accommodation of clientFoody4funDined on 8/23/2014Had reservations for 2, place was empty, asked to sit by window & was told it was reserved for large party, 1/2 hr. later they sat 2 tops w/couples. Manager said it was a "misunderstanding". Won't go back. A little goes a long way in customer service. Waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- YummyLourDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner! Great service. Love the blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGliuiDined on 8/21/2014We choose Jellyfish for our last dinner in Chicago: great food, great wine, beautiful place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in excellent locationCy100Dined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at jellyfish. The sushi was really fresh and there was a good choice. We also really enjoyed the squid salad and popcorn shrimp. Good atmosphere with a great atrium looking out to buzzy Rush St. Our waitress seemed a little disinterested but not so much to put us off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatAlexa1226Dined on 8/9/2014Jellyfish was delicious. We had edamame, mini crab tacos and the black diamond roll. The corsage (drink) was amazing! The service was really bad, but the manager apologized and comped our drinks. They where also 45 minutes late seating us for our reservation, but I get the feeling that was a fluke and it was handled well by the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!RuchikDined on 8/9/2014Just went here for my wedding anniversary. I knew there were only a few seats towards the front that had a view so I requested this on Opentable. We were seated right next to the windows with a perfect view looking onto Rush street. They also had "happy anniversary" printed at the top of our menu! Not a big deal I know, but a very nice personal touch. We ordered a few small plates (Wagyu beef sliders and spicy fish tacos were excellent) and a few rolls of sushi. All of the food was not only excellent, but timed well so that we were not sitting there with 4-5 different dishes all at once. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, one of the best culinary experiences I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at this restaurant, and it did not disappoint. From the hostess station to the manager at the end of the meal, everyone is very accommodating and friendly. The drinks and food are excellent. I spilled a some of my second drink and our waitress, Stephanie, brought me another without even asking. The bar did get noisy but that was later in the evening. We had the brownie dessert with ice cream and carmelized bananas, it was pretty good, although the brownie was dry. Restaurant just blocks from Oak Street beach where we walked afterward. Outstanding evening and would definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Japanese dining.FoodieDined on 8/9/2014It was a wonderful Japanese dining experience. It was a bit pricey but it was worth it. I was surprised that even if it's more in the area of the hip young crowd scene, it was definitely kid/family friendly. We will definitely come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why make a reservation?passion4foodVIPDined on 8/2/2014While this was my 3rd time back at this restaurant, it was frustrating to wait for 30 minutes when I had taken the time to make a reservation in advance. For that long of a wait, it would have been nice for the acting manager to offer me a free app or drink. There are too many great restaurants in Chicago at which to dine and it is really unreasonable to have to wait that long :(Special Features:
- Awesome experience!luv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We came there to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday on Saturday night. Our waitress went above and beyond to make sure our experiene was special. The food was delicious and drinks were amazing! Try the Moscow mule and Cloud 9 for sure. They brought a special birthday treat at the end. I will definitely be going back with more friends. The ambiance is awesome with the DJ playing tunes. It feels like this is a restaurant out ot South Beach. Thank you!Special Features:
- Best sushi in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was our first time coming to Jellyfish and we must say its the best sushi in town. We came here to celebrate our one year anniversary. The drinks, appetizers and sushi were amazing!!! I recommend the edamame with all three toppings. The drinks are strong so one or two will make you happy for the rest of the night. We did get the lobster roll called the cherry blossom. Its so worth the price!!! The lobster was fresh and the presentation is beautiful! Overall, very good service and they made our anniversary special. Thank you Jellyfish!Special Features:
- annaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was horrible and disappointing. Food was decent but I wouldn't return.Special Features:
- SushiliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014My date...a sushi fanatic, and I thoroughly were in sushi heaven.....great food, happy and helpful server and dramatic atmosphere...definately recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!UrbancitygirlDined on 7/22/2014The food was absolutely incredible! The presentations were creative as well! I honestly can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant cocktails & sushilooooovefoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014Consistently great service, creative but approachable pan Asian. The open walls atrium is serene and a chill spot to see and be seen with a cocktail and sushi set in a sea of tranquil blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jellyfish is a MUSTAmandaVIPDined on 7/16/2014Amazing Food, service and good times are always on the menu at Jellyfish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DateNightDined on 7/11/2014Pretty much amazing! Been meaning to try this place. Truly was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't plan on a quiet dinner!ramchathamVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food is fine but this is a very NOISY place. It is hard to carry on a conversation without shouting. The décor is attractive but the seats & tables are very low making it generally uncomfortable for all but the very young.
- Great SpotOvercookedDined on 7/1/2014Joseph DeVito succeeds again. Great food, ample portions and friendly and prompt service.Special Features:
- really cool place!BCH21Dined on 6/28/2014Never had better sushi than this place! The ambience and service is great as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic Bartender + sushiCitifiedLadyVIPDined on 6/26/2014I had a cocktail while waiting for a friend on an early weeknight. Observing the bartender (a pretty foreign young lady, whose name I neglected) create complicated cocktails while effortlessly attending to the customers, and/or those dining at the bar, and drinks for waitstaff's table orders. She gave each customer personal and patient attention. It made me want to go back for the drinks alone. ***New to me - edamame comes in flavors here*** the "spicy" version is for the most serious. Sushi rolls are v.nice but menu has been westernized; cream cheese makes an appearance here. The mix of people & attire makes it comfortable; I saw casual/jeans, the typical after work crowd & the "Rush St" date groupies. On a weekday, it was a nice mix.Special Features:
- Great sushi!!LivitupDined on 6/23/2014Great sushi a little expensive. Try going from 2-5 and check out their happy hour menu with reduced price rolls. All of them are delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding sushi and AtmosphereDave81230Dined on 6/21/2014Great place to take someone special. It is a quaint location on Rush St. with an outstanding menu of fresh tasting sushi. Nothing rubbery or tasteless about the rolls we sampled. Highly recommend the Black Diamond and Mexican roll.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I was impressed by the level of service and attention given to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Sushi locationwsutterDined on 6/14/2014An excellent locaqtion for sushi in downtown Chicago. Proces are Great and food is excellent!Special Features:
- JulesDined on 6/14/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SushiLuvshoes87Dined on 6/14/2014The food was wonderful, crab tacos and honey walnut shrimp appetizers were so yummy that we had a second order of them. Sushi was fresh and excellent grade of fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sushi and surroundingsVeggieGirlDined on 6/9/2014I am not a sushi pro, but often dine with those who are. I find the presentation, quality, and flavor of the maki rolls at Jellyfish to be exquisite, and my companions who actually know sushi quite well agree. We have always found the service to be excellent, whether we were a table of two or (on one occasion) a party of 20+ that we planned with the excellent assistance of the staff there. The bar scene is definitely something for the young at heart and (let's face it) in years, but the occasional older interlopers seem to be welcome. Jellyfish is one of my favorite restaurants and (on the rare occasion when I go to a bar) bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi & SashimiBarryVIPDined on 6/8/2014My MO when traveling is to dine at places I don't have in my Dallas-Fort Worth home town. So in Chicago for a few days on business, I was looking for that special someplace different. Jellyfish fit the bill nicely. So glad I went. Great good. Great service. Great location. Not much more I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great place!DiningInChiDined on 6/6/2014Went their on a Friday; great service as always. Margaret was our waitress. She comped a round of drinks which was really nice. I felt bad after seeing I only tipped 20% for the great service--I should have left more :) Anyways, you can't go wrong at Jellyfish great place!Special Features:
- great timetwenty22Dined on 6/6/2014Jellyfish was excellent. The food was great and the ambiance was superb !Special Features:
- very disappointedtradeitupDined on 6/5/2014The sushi was not fresh at all and I was so disappointed in how lack lustered the service was. I didn't complain I just paid and left.Special Features:
- Fantastic pan AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014Simply great food, hip place, terrific service. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.