441 East Main Street
Centerport, NY 11721Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jellyfishrestaurantli.com/
- Phone: 6312620300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: James McDevitt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jellyfish Restaurant
Jellyfish Restaurant is located on beautiful Centerport Harbor housed in the original site of the Francis Cottage from the mid 1800's. Jellyfish is a casual fine dining restaurant for "Families to Foodies" alike. Currently open for dinner Tuesday-Sunday, soon to be open for Lunch. Visit our Speak Easy Tavern Saturday nights for live bands, drinks and small plates beginning at 9PM, call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jellyfish Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Didn't go because the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Didn't go because the restaurant had a fire. They called to let me know. I tried to cancel the resevation on opentable so that I could book another restaurant but kept getting a note "restaurant not responding." After trying four times, I had to go to alternatives to opentable since you wouldn't let me cancel the reservation and I couldn't book another place for the same time. Looking for alternatives to opentable.
- Service was not very goodKvpromosVIPDined on 2/28/2014Although we have no complaints about the food, the service was below par. From check in, the bar, the dining room to check out it was quite the battle to get a prompt response. The entire staff seemed very disorganized. If it weren't for that we would return but the poor service made the restaurant forgettable for the future.
- Terriible serviceTrixieDined on 2/28/2014Waitress was very friendly but clearly ovverworked. Took 45 minutes to receive our wine. Very poorly managed overall. Lots of busboys standing around, very polite, who should be trained as waiters. No plans to returnSpecial Features:
- I want to love JellyfishLolaVIPDined on 2/28/2014This is so pretty in a lighthearted Disneyesque way. The view is almost secondary to the décor. Been here 1/2 a dozen times,The food is good, the staff is charming. The last 2 visits were so-so - service was not up to snuff. 1 visit, the waitress couldn't remember things and couldn't get orders right. This weekend, the manager, James, who is a great guy, told us his winter- sized staff was trying to serve a springtime crowd. It shouldn't take 3 hours for dinner, Got wrong food for 1, so were offered gratis coffee and dessert. Our waitress brought ONE dessert for 5 people. She did rectify that when pressed, but it took so long we were tempted to go without it. I want Jellyfish to stick around. I hope they fix the service issuesSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerFranDined on 2/22/2014Had a great evening with another couple. None of us ever tried Jellyfish & heard mixed reviews about food and service. All I can say is that everything we ordered was OUTSTANDING & the service was EXCELLENT! I can't wait to go back. The spinach & shrimp dip was the best I've had. I also had susi which was fresh & very tasty. Everyone else had steak & was completely satisfied. Desert was a great ending to a great evening. Even the house wine was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014Loved the unique ambience . . . Aquarium downstairs and very sophisticated yet relaxed decor. Such an interesting experience and the food was delicious. I am definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ValentineDMC701Dined on 2/14/2014My fiancé and I made the mistake of booking Jellyfish for valentines day. They did not offer anything from their normal menu, but only offered items from their valentines menu, which was $75 per person. It looked good so we decided to go regardless. Our reservation was for 9pm and we did not receive our appetizer until close to 10pm. The food was only so so, and the second course was the same. For Our entree, my fiancé ordered the filet medium rare and they brought him a charcoaled mess!! I ordered sushi but asked for brown rice, which they did not listen to either. Desert was four small store bought cookies - pitiful! Not at all worth the $200 bill! Don't go!
- something missingOutstandingVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is a great place, the food is top notch, the bar makes great drinks, however, we were not served any bread at the begining of our meal like everyone else was. the host was cranky as if the place was jam packed and he was over worked. it was a slow night for a Friday and it was Valentine's Day. The sushi bar was empty and the cocktail bar was very slow. i think this is a great resturant in the wrong place. it's too bad. i don't see longivity here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day dinner 2014LIDinerDined on 2/14/2014It was really cold in the room. We had a 5:30 reservation. Up to 7pm there were empty tables. restaurant said there were no later times when I made reservation. Open Tables showed only 5:30. It was a Price fixe menu. It would have been nice to have some soup since it was so cold. But no soup. And no salad either. Only a ravioli app was warm. At $75 pp, it wasn't much of a selection. So we both had Filet Mignon, which was good. Dessert was good. Service was ok, they seem disorganized, when food came into room, servers mixed up food a few times among the few occupied tables. But staff was nice and apologetic. So night was $250 with 4 drinks and tip. I'm not sure I would go back without some discount incentive. Thought it was over priced.
- Nice, would be great during summerMDFTXDined on 2/1/2014First time here, food and service are good, not spectacular. Looks like incredible views if warm weather, we went during winter so not as much opportunity. We were seated at a location that was a bit uncomfortable, high bar stool type seats designed for seeing the water, but not as comfortable for a romantic meal. Would absolutely recommend a special cheese coated friend fry dish, they were amazingSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Night Outsparkle12VIPDined on 1/26/2014Had a very lovely evening at Jellyfish....the place is gorgeous, very beautiful rooms, decor. Outside patio has a beautiful view of the Mill Pond. We had hesitated coming here because so many restaurants that have a beautiful view such as this, fall short when it comes to the food. We were pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent, many "fine dining" choices but also offer hamburgers, fish & chips, ceasar salad w/chicken etc. They also have a Sushi menu, which we tried and that was awesome also. The staff was very accommodating, from our Valet Parking attendant to the Host and of course, our server was terrific. We will definitely be back! Pulled pork sliders were awesome, fish taco's also. Fish & Chips were delicious and a ton of food.Special Features:
- I tried really hard!Momof3Dined on 1/25/2014I live locally and have been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile now, but I just wish I had nicer things to say. My experience included with the Host ignoring my party so he could chat with a regular. I wasn't asked to check my coat. Our server seemed on top of things until he came back twice to tell us they were working on our drinks and then once received one was wrong. Food was average, nothing any of us loved. My nieces steak was overcooked and my lobster tail was a bit tough. There was a small fire in the kitchen which meant no hot desserts. While I could try to chalk it all up to a bad night for the restaurant I found the staff to be most annoying. Constantly interrupting with silly unnecessary questions or concerns.Special Features:
- patheticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014sprinklers went off in kitchen of restaurant Service was poor Waiter in training was better than regualr waiter Never cleared plates Out of makers mark on saturday night Only could have sushi because everything in restaurant was ruined in kitchen due to sprinklers 10 customers in restaurant-most pathetic situation Never ever recommend to anyone
- what a wonderful surprisekarenedDined on 1/19/2014Where do you find elegant dining that also has aquariums in the basement that adults and children could both love? Here at Jellyfish. We took our daughter to the Vanderbilt Planetarium and then to the Jellyfish for dinner. They did an excellent job accommodating our special dietary requests. It would also be a great place just for adult date night. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome renovation!1stttimerVIPDined on 1/18/2014The place looks fantastic, and the food was also impressive. I had the braised short ribs, and they were very good. I'm not a seafood person, and there were quite a few land lubber choices for the likes of me. My wife had the lobster roll, and they were happy to customize it for her taste. I look forward to coming back when the weather's warm, and eating out on the back porch over the water.Special Features:
- The food was very good howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014The food was very good however the menu choices for entrees limited would have liked more fish selectios
- Jellyfish just keeps getting betterBarbarDined on 1/17/2014We have been fans since Jellyfish opened. The food has always been very good, but they keep getting even better. The service was slow in the early days, but those issues are in the past. It is a great place for a quiet dinner with my husband or to take the entire family. The sushi is first rate and the rest of the menu always is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had not been to this spotfoodieDined on 1/11/2014had not been to this spot under its latest name and ownership. they have transformed the second level into a much more upscale décor, some booths with long sheer drapes, elegant. menu ad something for everyone, we ate past capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!KLO1013VIPDined on 1/9/2014The interior is beautiful and unique, with glass blown sea creatures and live aquariums. We were greeted immediately, and shown to our table where our waiter Sean tended to us like we were his only table (which we weren't). He offered to make some suggestions to us, which we took, and we were not disappointed!! We were on the fence about the lemon/basil martini he said was delicious, but said if we didn't like it he'd bring us something else. They were fantastic! Refreshing and delicious!! He made some sushi suggestions, so we shared 3 sushi rolls, all of which were presented beautifully, and tasted even better! The Volcano Roll, Huntington Roll & Phoenix Roll. Each roll was big, full of flavor, fresh and we enjoyed them all! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, beautiful restaurantNewReviewerDined on 12/31/2013The thing that stands out most about Jellyfish is the service. It was impeccable. There's a nice view of the harbor. The wine list is impressive. There's a lot of sushi on the menu, though we didn't order any. For appetizers, we got a Romaine salad (very tasty), clams oregenato (good, but nothing special), and the sliders (nice). For my entree, I had the salmon, which was the best I'd had in a while, almost buttery. The vegetables it was plated on, however, were way oversalted and I couldn't eat them. My husband had the strip steak, which he loved. The dessert menu was impressive, but we passed this time. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLuvgoodfoodDined on 12/31/2013I had been to Jellyfish this past summer and thought the food was excellent. Having visited on New Years eve and being giving an ala carte menu with limited choices as opposed to the full menu was disappointing as we came to the resturant for dinner not the New Years party where there would be a different menu. I had the chicken special and my date had the cod special. Both plates were without any seasoning. They were so very bland. It seems that items that were placed on menu were only those that could be prepared ahead of time (braised short ribs,chicken) or grilled quickly/ easily (steak or one of 2 fish options). For the price (which is expensive) the food on this limited menu should have been excellent!!
- A GemFoodieDined on 12/31/2013A restaurant that has captured that Manhattan feel, excellent food, great view ,attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected find4EyesDined on 12/28/2013Went to Vanderbelt Panetarium and went their for dinner at suggestion of fried...great food and ambiance..will go backSpecial Features:
- Great experience!KLO1013VIPDined on 12/28/2013We shared an appetizer of the calamari salad, which was DELICIOUS!! I could've ordered another one. I had the salmon, which was done perfectly. My boyfriend had the orecchiette, which he loved. Our server was very attentive, cheery, and had a smile on her face the entire time (seems to be a rare find these days). The only complaint I have was the music. It went from acceptable dining music, to disco/club music which I found loud, distracting and very unpleasant, and kept going back and forth from good music to bad. Other than that, our dinner experience was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wgat a shame :(ScottyVIPDined on 12/27/2013When they first opened, the food offerings were so much better. Their 3 best dishes are no longer offered & their replacements pale by comparison. As an aside,this place doesn't know what it wants to be. They could be a fine dining place, though the fare needs to be revised. Yet, the physical menu is a single sheet that is laminated, difficult to read, cheap & childish looking. It's something you'd expect at a clam bar, not at a nice restaurant. Finally, the lunch menu is not only extremely limited, but is mostly burgers & other lesser dishes. This is a place where one would expect a substantially finer lunch menu. All in all, 6 months ago I'd have recommended Jellyfish, but now I'm unlikely to return. What a shameSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2013This was our second visit to Jellyfish, and it was just as great as the first time. The one thing that sticks out is the quality of the staff, and their knowledge of the menu. They always have interesting and delicious cocktails, and a great selection of items on the menu without being overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseLolaVIPDined on 12/15/2013Wasn't sure what to expect. What a lovely surprise! Good food, interesting menu & beautiful, fun decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience at JellyfishJasonDined on 12/15/2013Our first time here, went with the family for a birthday celebration. Meatball lollipops were surprisingly good for this seafood restaurant; the raw oysters were cold and fresh and delicious. My crabcake sandwich was just OK; lots of crab but overcooked and somewhat dry and the remoulade could have been better, Truffle fries needed a minute longer to cook but flavors were good. Kids loved the macaroni and cheese; wife had a white fish that I found to be good but she didn't love it. Service was attentive and professional. Chocolate fondue dessert was great. Views are special, more so in the summer, and the outdoor dining area must be great in the warmer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy we tried it! Great place!DiningoutisfunDined on 12/12/2013Just went to Jellyfish for the first time and was happily surprised with everything! The happy hour drinks at the bar with the clever & friendly bartender were great! Our waiter was charming, knew all about the menu and gave us just the right amount of attention during our meal. We had the delicious "HuntingtonRoll" to start then the scallops and some excellent fish that was a special. Our table overlooked the Christmas lights twinkling on the pond, very pretty. A lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanted to like it but...goodfdDined on 11/30/2013We had eaten here before and liked it So we were surprised that the menu now is mainly sushi and many of the other fish dishes were gone from the menu. We were here for a celebration and there were problems. My dad's fish was wrong and he had to wait while everyone else ate. When he got the right thing, it was undercooked. I ordered the trout and it was either overcooked or undercooked, either way, it was not good. I ordered sushi with "no avocado". The sushi came with avocado. The service was great. Everyone was concerned and nice. They gave us a very nice dessert (comped). This did not make up for the disaster with the food. We were hoping this new restaurant would be a winner in this tough location but it's not.
- Much too crowded table forSullyDined on 11/30/2013Much too crowded table for 6 ppl. Could not accommodate us. Drinks were watered down. Food was mediocre and not worth the money.Special Features:
- Family BirthdaychefhenryDined on 11/29/2013We took my wife to Jellyfish for her birthday, we had six people. The staff was outstanding....friendly, caring without being intrusive, knowledgeable, and very upbeat. The special festive drinks were just right. Strong enough yet not so you would get "bombed". The appetizers we chose to share were the steamed muscles which were very well done and large, and the fried calamari. Which was good but a little over fried. The entrées were large enough so that you felt they were enough but not ridiculously over powering like I have seen in some places. We all enjoyed our food and the place. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGerriDined on 11/21/2013Kids loved looking at the fish and interesting light fixtures. Staff was very helpful and patient with the kids. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very PositiveWalt46Dined on 11/16/2013Met friends and relatives here a few times in the past few months. Was impressed by varied menu - everything from sushi to steamers, soups, steaks, fish, and very nice house-made pasta. All were well prepared and presented. Very friendly, not intrusive, service gave this place a winning combo of food and service.Special Features:
- First Time- Good experienceEllisVIPDined on 11/15/2013The setting on the Centerport Harbor is great for sunsets or just looking at the water. All table have a window view and in good weather the outside deck offers a more intimate experience with the environment. The service and food was very good. I enjoyed the specialty cocktails and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes HoweverDaleDined on 11/15/2013My first time there, seated at a window overlooking the water as requested. Immediate recognition by the staff, water poured, menus presented and specials explained. The dinner, although lacking in a more varied seafood menu that the name of the restaurants suggests, was pretty good. Especially enjoyed the chocolate egg cream for dessert - made well. The coffee, even decaf, is fresh and robust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2013This was my first visit at Jelly Fish. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lobster roll and I must say that it was fabulous :) My niece ordered the burger and enjoyed it. We went on a Sunday afternoon for brunch. The view was beautiful as well. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DotingRandyDined on 11/3/2013Way too much attention. Two different bottles of water were offered. Sparkling and still. Very nice amenity but I don't need 3-5 wait staffers to return time and time again to refill my glass. How annoying is it when 3-5 staffers thru the course of dinner ask how was everything? Sometimes, more than once from the same person. A real strong pet peeve for me. I hate when all the runners with your order descend on you at once being clueless as to who gets what. "Who ordered the tuna rare?" "Who gets the salmon." We're not in a mess hall or soup kitchen. This is an upscale, not cheap restaurant. With only two people in a group it's not that bad. Six people can get you crazy. Easy fixes with a morning brief. Otherwise, a really enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was adequate.KeriDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant was adequate. Food was good. Menu was hard to follow. For a seafood restaurant there were not a lot of fish entrees. Service was a little on the slow side. Drinks were half full. Not a big drink menu. It was also freezing!!
- Centerport/Huntington BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013I have been to I think all of the Restaurants in the Huntington area and there are some I like for different reasons; but I will say this is one of the most impressive. I have come many times and each time without a single disappointment. I would highly recommend this to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.